Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Stels »

theamatuer wrote:K then.
unvote
vote: Soulblade

To stels: Give me every single reason a suicidal mafia is a good mafia and I'll give you a reason why it doesn't work in this time and on me. Just try it.
And it isn't scum shouldn't do this. It is if scum does this, then he is a stupid scum.
U NOT L-2 NAO TALK

Woah, now you're twisting my words. I never said that suiciding is always a good thing, but I can think of some.
1. Suicidal mafia play this way as to get people to think that mafia would NEVER play this way, AKA appear town.
PEDIT: Morthas beat me to it for this point...
2. Apparently, since you have a majority going against you, as previously said, you might try to stop the information flow by nearing your own lynch. Then again, you stopped this idiotic facade and unvoted yourself.

I'm not inclined to give you every SINGLE reason, but I just countered your WIFOM with my own WIFOM.
Your suicidal tendency isn't the point here. It's your vote placement, pattern, and reasoning that gets you the pinging on my scumdar.
If you want further use of suicidal tendencies that can prove my 1st point, then let me know.

hiplop wrote:Since when does having genuine intentions, mean being right? He's a newbie, and hes just misinformed. How is he supposed to know that "self voting is about as far from pro-town as one can get"? You're clearing going for an easy lynch.

There's a definitive difference in when you talk about the game theory, to when you are speaking about this game. Pretty much all of your post's are fluff, or tunneling on Theamateur, how is that pro-town, exactly? (the game mechanic stuff is tho)

Self-Voting post addressed specifically towards theamatuer
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p3294677
Read the spoiler.

Soulblade's ISO is pretty empty... The only thing I see from him is parroting...T_T
Ghostlin is a "Helpful and analyzing poster"? So far the only thing I read in his ISO has been "theamatuer self-vote = scum claim. I vote him now." I don't think that's very analytic from my perspective.
Ghostlin's ISO is half filled with early game mechanic fluff, pressure on AeRyung to vote BKWM because a FOS doesn't suffice, this ^^, and him defending his posts' purity.

@theamatuer: Your latest post is just dumb... Extremist? What?
ex·trem·ist   [ik-stree-mist]
noun
1. a person who goes to extremes, especially in political matters.
2. a supporter or advocate of extreme doctrines or practices.

ex·treme   [ik-streem]
adjective
1. of a character or kind farthest removed from the ordinary or average: extreme measures.
2. utmost or exceedingly great in degree: extreme joy.
3. farthest from the center or middle; outermost; endmost: the extreme limits of a town.
4. farthest, utmost, or very far in any direction: an object at the extreme point of vision.
5. exceeding the bounds of moderation: extreme fashions.

I just fail to see how Ghostlin is what you say he is... an Extremist...
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 am

Post by theamatuer »

I meant that his definition of scum is one that is not completely protown, and there is no middlepoint between the two. Either you are completely pro-town, or you are scum.
I can't explain this as clearly as I want.
:neutral:
Its just whatever
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

I don't like the wagon on Ghostlin.
Hiplop makes some one-liners on him without any backing up. Ghostlin's posts aren't contentless at all.
Morthas seems to be overanalysing everything Ghostlin says and picking on words in sentences.
AeRung sheeped Hiplop.

That is nothing you have there.

You really should step over to the theam wagon. He is far scummier.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Morthas »

Ghostlin wrote:
Morthas wrote:
Ghostlin wrote: If we seriously,
entirely
base all scummy behavior on 's/he's just new' we'd only lynch ICs and SEs and scum would win these games more often than not.

In this part it just seems for me like a desperate attempt to convince hiplop to push for amateur's lynch.
You obviously know that you can always try and distinguish between scum-newb and scum-town.
I don't think you'd have said that (especially as an IC) if you had town motivation for pushing for Amateur's lynch.

No, this is me pointing out crap logic. I do not think ignoring IC/SE advice and doing the opposite (delibrately doing something scummy) is protown. I do not think any attitude that involves self preservationary thinking is protown. I do not think voting someone else than what you accused is protown.

I don't think there's anything "genuine" about anything said. I do not like the excuse for scummy behavior being 'he's just new, this is newbtown.' None of the above matches any experience I have for newbtown.

AeR:
I don't think with a week in, we should lynch anyone.

Honestly: scum tend towards certain behaviors and motivations that town does not. When I scum hunt, I tend to go 'is this behavior protown (or likely meant with protown intentions)?' Self voting isn't. Going roughly 'please don't lynch me' at the beginning of the game when you should be latching on to things to start the scum hunt is not protown.

Are you familiar with? http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Village_Idiot (I don't believe he is an idiot, however he is indeed bad at this game and alot of his actions didn't end up benefiting the town, regardless what he may have thought.)
Nobody told you write off everything he does as ''newb-town'', what i was trying to say is for you to distinguish and try to think from another persons prospective.
Some other pointed this out already and all you seem to be doing is looking up ''common scum tells'' and voting accordingly. That is the way an optimum way for a scum-IC to play especially in a newb game.
I have seen alot of scum pushing for an easy lynch, and that is exactly what you are doing.

CS wrote:I don't like the wagon on Ghostlin.
Hiplop makes some one-liners on him without any backing up. Ghostlin's posts aren't contentless at all.
Morthas seems to be overanalysing everything Ghostlin says and picking on words in sentences.
AeRung sheeped Hiplop.

Why not? I do.
Hey, if all i did was look up on the common tells in the wiki, i would be far more times wrong than i already am.
Capitalism, ho
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:46 am

Post by theamatuer »

Is anybody going to listen to me at all????????? :cry: :cry: :(
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 am

Post by hiplop »

ConSpiracy wrote:I don't like the wagon on Ghostlin.
AeRung sheeped Hiplop.

I've backed it up pretty well? otherwise i wouldn't have a wagon and everyone thinking hes scum but you...

And way to be hypocritical, you didn't back anything up in this post.
third best scummer of all time
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:52 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Seventh

theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin, Stels
Ghostlin (3): hiplop, Morthas, AeRyung
ConSpiracy (1): SoulBlade
SoulBlade (1): theamatuer
Not Voting (1): paradox

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch, and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for: 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), Saturday, August 13.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Morthas »

Ti[psy posting.
theamatuer wrote:Is anybody going to listen to me at all????????? :cry: :cry: :(

YES. Although i am LSITENING,[align=][/align] i am ignoring most of it.

MOFO VOTE COUNT wrote:theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin, Stels
Ghostlin (3): hiplop, Morthas, AeRyung

Who do you want to lynch?!
I don't mind lynch on 2nd week, no probs with that.
Ghost is my choice.
Amateur is town.

@CS: You are slowly becoming scummier with every post.
@ SOULBLADE: Stop lurking, likely-scum.
Capitalism, ho
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by theamatuer »

if SoulBlade is likely-scum, then shouldn't we lynch him instead?
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by theamatuer »

From the looks of it, there are 3 outcomes to get a lynch, since Paradox does not vote and will likely never vote:
1. Me and SoulBlade both vote the same person. Unlikely, since SB will most likely vote me,and I refuse to hammer myself.
2.One of the wagons disbands to lynch the other wagon
3.Both wagons disband to lynch a third person. (most likely soulblade or paradox.)
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by hiplop »

theamatuer wrote:if SoulBlade is likely-scum, then shouldn't we lynch him instead?

SoulBlade and Ghostlin = scumteam, ghostlin im just more sure of/theres more evidence towards, ergo we're killing ghosty
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by theamatuer »

cept SoulBlade did this https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 1#p3303891, and I noted it with this, http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3305780, and I voted him after CS pointed out what I did wrong here.

So yeah, And I haven't heard SoulBlade explain himself on the matter yet
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by theamatuer »

EBWOP: third link fix'd
Its just whatever
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

hiplop wrote:
theamatuer wrote:if SoulBlade is likely-scum, then shouldn't we lynch him instead?

SoulBlade and Ghostlin = scumteam, ghostlin im just more sure of/theres more evidence towards, ergo we're killing ghosty

What's the connection between me and SoulBlade? Because frankly, if I was scum, and you can take this one to the bank, if there was any chance that diverting to my partner would assure my success, I'd be doing it hardcore. Scum!Ghostlin isn't afraid of doing that for easy towncred.

Right now, there's really not much point in me voting SoulBlade (mostly because I don't find him scum). Call that buddying, but frankly, I think TM, BK (or BK's replacement, just because BK got replaced with a better player doesn't mean we should let stuff go), or AeR are likely candidates. Hiplop is probably town---convulted town, but town. Yes, that does mean I think at least one person on my wagon is likely to be scum.

Funfact: Mothas's last post accusing me, Soulblade and CS of all being scum cannot possibly be true. (Also, if SB is likely scum for not posting, what about paradox?)

Paradox: Seriously, dude. Who do you think is scum?

Stels: Your last post was about how you didn't like my ISO and the fact that I've ridden TM for self-voting (that's not all I've accused him of by any means), yet your vote is there. Do you think TM is more or less likely to be scum than me, and why?
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin wrote:
hiplop wrote:

What's the connection between me and SoulBlade? Because frankly, if I was scum, and you can take this one to the bank, if there was any chance that diverting to my partner would assure my success, I'd be doing it hardcore. Scum!Ghostlin isn't afraid of doing that for easy towncred.

Right now, there's really not much point in me voting SoulBlade (mostly because I don't find him scum). Call that buddying, but frankly, I think TM, BK (or BK's replacement, just because BK got replaced with a better player doesn't mean we should let stuff go), or AeR are likely candidates. Hiplop is probably town---convulted town, but town. Yes, that does mean I think at least one person on my wagon is likely to be scum.

Funfact: Mothas's last post accusing me, Soulblade and CS of all being scum cannot possibly be true. (Also, if SB is likely scum for not posting, what about paradox?)

Paradox: Seriously, dude. Who do you think is scum?

Stels: Your last post was about how you didn't like my ISO and the fact that I've ridden TM for self-voting (that's not all I've accused him of by any means), yet your vote is there. Do you think TM is more or less likely to be scum than me, and why?

IIRC you said something about only playing as scum once, and that you got killed early on.

You and soulblade seem convoluted whenever speaking to eachother; or about one another. It just seems forced.

I'd be willing to bet like 9$ i'm right on Ghosty, and 5 on SoulBlade
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Paradox is definitely a lurker. Why is there one every game>.<
Its just whatever
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by AeRyung »

@ConSpiracy and Ghostlin: What are your
goals
to achieve in this game as the most experienced players? Also, approximately how many games have you guys played so far?

@Stels: When you replaced BKWM, how did you feel about the accusation towards him?

@theamatuer: Have you ever self-voted prior to this game? If so, what kind of response did you get from others? And what was going through your mind at the time of action to think that self voting would be a good idea??

@Morthas: Brutal.

@paradox: It'd be much appreciated if you posted a little more often ;)
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Morthas »

I forgot paradox ever existed.
I was trying to point out lurkers. Apparently i missed one.
Saying someone is scummy doesn't mean i think they are scum 100%, you would be a fool to deal with absolutes in this game Ghosty.
Capitalism, ho
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Stels »

Ghostlin wrote:Stels: Your last post was about how you didn't like my ISO and the fact that I've ridden TM for self-voting (that's not all I've accused him of by any means), yet your vote is there. Do you think TM is more or less likely to be scum than me, and why?

Your initial vote was based off of him and his self-preservation D1 based upon RQS... Not uncommon to see that during any D1 Newbie game... Hardly call that a reason, for now. The fact that he has played as town roles before, actually brings something to this discussion. But for now, I don't consider that to be a reason for a vote, therefore it falls off.

@:theamatuer: How many mafia games have you exactly played? (IRL, Other Forums, Here).

Connections that don't make sense, ok.
Self-voting and the obvious L-2 are all that remains.
So you have my reasons going for you, I just skimmed your ISO briefly to see what all the fuss was about. I didn't read it in depth, and found that post where you did elaborate why you voted for him ^^
I'm still voting him, aren't I? Why are you so concerned about your standing in my POV? I have more of a case going for him than you ATM. You're still scummy in my perspective.
AeRyung wrote:@Stels: When you replaced BKWM, how did you feel about the accusation towards him?

I really didn't care. I didn't even bother reading the whole game in-depth, especially the accusations against BKWM. I'm not him.

theamatuer wrote:From the looks of it, there are 3 outcomes to get a lynch, since Paradox does not vote and will likely never vote:
1. Me and SoulBlade both vote the same person. Unlikely, since SB will most likely vote me,and I refuse to hammer myself.
2.One of the wagons disbands to lynch the other wagon
3.Both wagons disband to lynch a third person. (most likely soulblade or paradox.)

Are you trying to lead town, especially in your current position? Why are you putting emphasis onto you not self-hammering? You're not sure of yourself here, and you are avert attention from yourself somewhere else.

As proven in this ^^
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Morthas wrote:Why not? I do.
Hey, if all i did was look up on the common tells in the wiki, i would be far more times wrong than i already am.

Because the nitpicking works on every one. Every one makes once in a while a word that's wrong if read three times.
hiplop wrote:I've backed it up pretty well? otherwise i wouldn't have a wagon and everyone thinking hes scum but you...

And way to be hypocritical, you didn't back anything up in this post.

Touché, I didn't do much either. If you show were you backed up yourself in your next post I will show why Ghostlin's posts aren't contentless.
Morthas wrote:@CS: You are slowly becoming scummier with every post.

Why are you saying this only to me and not to every one else? Are you trying to scare me off and stop me from going on on your nitpicking, which is quite scummy as I said above?
Ghostlin wrote:What's the connection between me and SoulBlade? Because frankly, if I was scum, and you can take this one to the bank, if there was any chance that diverting to my partner would assure my success, I'd be doing it hardcore. Scum!Ghostlin isn't afraid of doing that for easy towncred.

Lol WIFOM. You should know better.
Ghostlin wrote:Paradox: Seriously, dude. Who do you think is scum?

He hasn't been posting in the thread for 4 days and 19 hours...
AeRyung wrote:@ConSpiracy and Ghostlin: What are your goals to achieve in this game as the most experienced players? Also, approximately how many games have you guys played so far?

Well, I don't have a goal as I am not the IC. However, it's in my nature to help other people and that's why I like to help once in a while. I have played around 12/15 games.

At last, I like Stels's last post.

And theam, I don't know what you are doing, but responding to content from other players is smart as well. Right now I can only find your stance on SoulBlade.

@mod
, please replace paradox. He doesn't do anything and hasn't posted for 4 days and 19 hours right now.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:46 am

Post by theamatuer »

To aeryung: two games in total
first game: got subbed in at page 37, game ended at page 39.
second game: got lynched on day 1 at page 9 while I was asleep.
BTW: I self-voted since I promised I would if it came to an L-2 here. and I don't like breaking promises. However, self-hammering is a different story
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by hiplop »

Guys: CS is town, hes just wrong about ghostlin. (tehe)

Can you post where they are not content less first? It'd be easier for me to explain it after I see what you're thinking.

AeRyung making me feel insignificant! :P I think i have more experience than Conspiracy :P

Conspiracy, please explain ANY town motivation towards anything ghostlins done. Except for the theoretical IC talk, i mean THIS game. Hes even WIFOMing it up to protect his ass
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:13 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Hiplop wrote:Can you post where they are not content less first? It'd be easier for me to explain it after I see what you're thinking.

I call lines as this doing something. I question players sometime if I think there are scummy motivations behind it, but not sure about that.
Spoiler: Ghostlin content
Ghostlin wrote:Why would you be lynched Day 1?

Ghostlin wrote:Con's eagerness to promote folks to L-1 early seems to be partially dissonant to his 'Don't Quickhammer' stance. (Reasoning: L-1 increases the chance of quickhammering---reason why you avoid it in RVS.)

Ghostlin wrote:TM: Do you see anything scummy at all about any of the discussions in the game? What do you find scummy about BK?

AeR: Why haven't you upgraded your FoS on BK to a full vote yet.

Soulblade: Who do you think is scum

Ghostlin wrote:In order my scum/town continnum looks like this:
TM--BKWM--AeR (The not voting sounds really non commital, frankly)---REST OF TOWN

Ghostlin wrote:Congrats on your scum claim. Let me know how that works out for you.

And content comes enough at post #15

Though reading him makes me understand why you are saying he is contentless.
Another thing I found curious.
Ghostlin
, why did you ask all those questions but didn't do anything with them?
Hiplop wrote:Conspiracy, please explain ANY town motivation towards anything ghostlins done. Except for the theoretical IC talk, i mean THIS game. Hes even WIFOMing it up to protect his ass

His suspicions on theam are good. The rest is more or less null.
theamatuer wrote:To aeryung: two games in total
first game: got subbed in at page 37, game ended at page 39.
second game: got lynched on day 1 at page 9 while I was asleep.
BTW: I self-voted since I promised I would if it came to an L-2 here. and I don't like breaking promises. However, self-hammering is a different story

Okay, and you self-voted even after you've played two games...
He should know why it is wrong doing it as town and still did it. Please lynch him now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

ConSpiracy wrote:

@mod
, please replace paradox. He doesn't do anything and hasn't posted for 4 days and 19 hours right now.

Working on it. Will let you know when I've found one.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Johhog replaces paradox. Thanks, Johhog!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”