Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:14 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:Right now it looks like Abel & dicknose vs. DarkClaymore & whilst.

That's false as I'm ready to vote for whilst at any moment.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I think we found our scumteam, everyone.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:18 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:I think we found our scumteam, everyone.

And I think you found a scum who does exactly what I expect him to: avoid voting for the lynchbait in order to not look bad latter on.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

BTW Abel, from the very same link you gave

When done skillfully, Double Bussing is even known to cause actual townies to dismiss suspicion of both of the bussing individuals,
under the mistaken assumption that it is a town-on-town fight, and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Remember the reason I voted for BBmolla? What did I say back then?
That your fight shouldn't necessarily be seen as town vs. town. Yet you called it a weak reason. Want to explain why? I'm sure you read this before as you are the one who gave the link.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am

Post by whilst »

Honest Abel wrote:whilst, why are you not voting for DarkClaymore? He is being obnoxiously scummy. Give me some good reasons tunneling dicknose is more important than questioning/lynching DC. I really don't get it. This guy has enough against him to be lynched three times. The way you are just ignoring that and actually complimenting his posts is really scummy. You are now on my scum list, which looks like this now, from least to most scummy:

Well, I still think cavjj is scummier than DarkClaymore. I would rather see him lynched over DC. Also, I'm waiting on the replacement to contribute more to the forum. Why don't you ask the other players to vote for DC instead?
Honest Abel wrote:Also, whilst, it looks like the only reason you are against dicknose here is because he put some pressure on you earlier, which is merely reactive. Let it go and move on to something else, if you have the power to do that.

In what way am I against dicknose. He put some pressure on me earlier yeah, but then he backed off when I asked him to cite some examples.
dicknose wrote:
whilst wrote:I wouldn't wage a massive war against the player, I would let someone else do the arguing for me, but I would agree and hope my lynch helps the bandwagon fall through. Something like that.

Like how you aren't arguing with me but agreeing with Darky's points against me? Good job, scum.

What points of DarkClaymore have I agreed with? I just answered his hypothetical question.
Honest Abel wrote:The main reason dicknose looks town to me is because he went after whilst when whilst said some scummy stuff, and now he's going after DarkClaymore because he's being consistently scummy. He's not stuck on one person, he puts pressure where it's needed. it's the easiest way to judge someone to be town, that I know of. And the reason I'm pointing this out is so you know who I'd want you all to trust once I'm dead.

IAI, cavjj, and NS are just sitting back and watching the drama unfold. Right now it looks like Abel & dicknose vs. DarkClaymore & whilst. I really want to know why whilst is so pro-DarkClaymore since he's easily the scummiest character I've ever played a mafia game with.

What scummy stuff did I say? The last time you called me out on being scum was during Day 1. You could've pointed something out before, or is this the Napolean thing? I'm not pro-DarkClaymore. Please point out where I was DarkClaymore, and I'll try to explain whatever it is I posted.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Honest Abel »

@DC:

First of all, to your response to me, all I can say is: WHAT?! I have no idea what you are saying there.

Second, you're using the argument that two scum fighting looks like two town fighting to explain why I was fighting with someone who is confirmed town. You talk to much for how little sense you make. You are clutching at straws. Somebody lynch this goon for god's sake.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 am

Post by whilst »

Honest Abel wrote:You talk to much for how little sense you make. You are clutching at straws. Somebody lynch this goon for god's sake.

No, don't lynch him. Wait until NS posts more, then do whatever you want.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Bricktoes »

DarkClaymore wrote:

And I think you found a scum who does exactly what I expect him to: avoid voting for the lynchbait in order to not look bad latter on.

He voted for you.
down
and that's the way we get down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Honest Abel »

whilst, I'm going to look over your posts in detail, buddy. You're making me very wary. I'm just talking about how instead of doing anything productive, you're complimenting DC for his nonsense questions and rebuttals to dicknose. You've only really said anything about DC's posts that had to do with making dicknose seem like the minority. Maybe this is just recently, But I will find out soon enough. Also, the fact that DC said he was about to vote you when I implied you were on the same team was a really transparent way of trying to distance himself from you. I guess I really can't tell yet if it was a real attempt at distancing or if he was just trying to make you look scummy with him.

I'm really not hopeful about NS posting. He's been active lurking in my other game, too. I would love to hear from him and I Am Innocent. However, I am more than ready to lynch DarkClaymore. This guy not only has got to go, but he's left so many good clues about other players that it should be cake enough to determine who his buddy is once he's gone.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Bricktoes »

whilst wrote:Pretty nice question.

whilst wrote:Oh man, that's a great reason.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:37 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:

He voted for you.

But he isn't atm.

Honest Abel wrote:@DC:

First of all, to your response to me, all I can say is: WHAT?! I have no idea what you are saying there.

Do I have to explain EVERYTHING? I mean seriously. Didn't you understand from what I was saying earlier?
Scum will prefer to not actively go after the lynchbait as that will make them VERY suspicious latter on. Whilst is doing this. Heck, you know what? I'm changing my opinion. If you are scum, your play style has too many risks. It's a reason that has been holding me for a while and that's why I should really make Whilst the top of my list and

VOTE: whilst

Honest Abel wrote:Second, you're using the argument that two scum fighting looks like two town fighting to explain why I was fighting with someone who is confirmed town. You talk to much for how little sense you make. You are clutching at straws. Somebody lynch this goon for god's sake.

It can apply on many things and not only on that particular situation. Didn't that fight appear as town vs. town?
It did to most. And I thought it is the right thing to point out that such situations often happen and shouldn't be overlooked.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Honest Abel »

So DarkClaymore trying to say that
  • He's been playing lynchbait and that's a great strategy
  • I didn't vote for him
  • Not voting for lynchbait is scummy

Not one part of that is true.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Looks like at least DC learned a thing from the bussing article. Get it? Get it? He voted for whilst.

DC, I'm going explain again why your reasoning about me vs. BBmolla makes no sense: because he is confirmed town. You quoted something saying "two scum sometimes argue, and people dismiss is as town vs. town." BBmolla was confirmed town when he died. It doesn't apply.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 am

Post by whilst »

Let's see what we have here.
dicknose wrote:
whilst wrote:Pretty nice question.

Sure it's a compliment and? I thought it was a good question to put things from his point of view.
dicknose wrote:
whilst wrote:Oh man, that's a great reason.

Sarcasm, can't you tell?
Honest Abel wrote:whilst, I'm going to look over your posts in detail, buddy. You're making me very wary. I'm just talking about how instead of doing anything productive, you're complimenting DC for his nonsense questions and rebuttals to dicknose. You've only really said anything about DC's posts that had to do with making dicknose seem like the minority. Maybe this is just recently, But I will find out soon enough. Also, the fact that DC said he was about to vote you when I implied you were on the same team was a really transparent way of trying to distance himself from you. I guess I really can't tell yet if it was a real attempt at distancing or if he was just trying to make you look scummy with him.

Well, be sure to point out what's making you wary. Could you make a 'productive' list for me? I want to see who is 'productive' in your eyes. DC can vote for me if he wants, I don't know why he should. He hasn't cited a reason for thinking I'm scummy -- other than this reason. Which I still don't understand.
Honest Abel wrote:I'm really not hopeful about NS posting. He's been active lurking in my other game, too. I would love to hear from him and I Am Innocent. However, I am more than ready to lynch DarkClaymore. This guy not only has got to go, but he's left so many good clues about other players that it should be cake enough to determine who his buddy is once he's gone.

We have so much time until Day 2 ends. Just be patient. If you're ready to lynch DarkClaymore, so be it. I'm just asking you to wait on NS's takes on N1 and D2.
DarkClaymore wrote:Do I have to explain EVERYTHING? I mean seriously. Didn't you understand from what I was saying earlier?
Scum will prefer to not actively go after the lynchbait as that will make them VERY suspicious latter on. Whilst is doing this. Heck, you know what? I'm changing my opinion. If you are scum, your play style has too many risks. It's a reason that has been holding me for a while and that's why I should really make Whilst the top of my list and

VOTE: whilst

Like I said earlier, I think cavjj is scummier than you. I'm not going to jump on your lynch wagon and put you at L-1 -- (again), I don't want D-2 to end this early. Oh yeah, can I see the rest of your list? Assuming you've updated it.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Bricktoes »

DarkClaymore wrote:
dicknose wrote:
He voted for you.

But he isn't atm.

Show me where he unvoted you and I'll agree with your point and vote Abel.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:So DarkClaymore trying to say that
  • He's been playing lynchbait and that's a great strategy
  • I didn't vote for him
  • Not voting for lynchbait is scummy

Not one part of that is true.

Then how would you explain the fact that in another game I managed thanks to this very play style to suspect scum on D1 when no one suspected him until D5 when a cop claimed? Or the fact there is a player on that forum who has a very similar play style and always leads town to victory?

I also have to say that the player I suspected acted pretty much like whilst is acting now. He was asked to vote but he refused without any solid reason. But again, I base this on a previous game and you won't like this reason.

And I never said everyone who doesn't vote lynchbait should automatically be considered scum. But those who say they suspect the lynchbait but suddenly switch to a different target once the lynchbait becomes the obvious lynch - should.

whilst wrote:
Like I said earlier, I think cavjj is scummier than you. I'm not going to jump on your lynch wagon and put you at L-1 -- (again), I don't want D-2 to end this early. Oh yeah, can I see the rest of your list? Assuming you've updated it.

You were quite against me when the day started. But suddenly somewhat changed your mind when it was obvious everyone suspect me.

Honest Abel wrote:Looks like at least DC learned a thing from the bussing article. Get it? Get it? He voted for whilst.

DC, I'm going explain again why your reasoning about me vs. BBmolla makes no sense: because he is confirmed town. You quoted something saying "two scum sometimes argue, and people dismiss is as town vs. town." BBmolla was confirmed town when he died. It doesn't apply.

I just pointed out that people shouldn't write it off as town vs. town and that I'm not planning to. It doesn't matter whatever you both were scum or only one of you.

dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:
dicknose wrote:
He voted for you.

But he isn't atm.

Show me where he unvoted you and I'll agree with your point and vote Abel.

Who are you talking about? I was talking about whilst...
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Whilst: sure, it's just a little list. The only person who has been productive other than me, I think, is dicknose. If you mean productivity based on results. It appeared to me at first that you were at least trying. Now I'm not so certain. I'll give you examples of what I think dicknose has done that is productive, probably late tonight. He's definitely rough around the edges, but I'm really confident that he is town. I am prepared to eat those words if I am wrong about him.

dicknose
————————
Nobody Special
cavjj
————————
I Am Innocent
whilst
DarkClaymore
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

whilst wrote: DC can vote for me if he wants, I don't know why he should. He hasn't cited a reason for thinking I'm scummy -- other than this reason. Which I still don't understand.

I explained everything here
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Honest Abel »

How would I explain the fact that FICTIONAL UNCITED STORYTIME YARN? I wouldn't. I'm not bothering with your nonsense anymore, DC.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm leaving my vote on you and hereby ignoring you from now on. I'm going to scumhunt whilst and then whoever's next until someone else decides to lynch either you or me. Hopefully you.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:How would I explain the fact that FICTIONAL UNCITED STORYTIME YARN? I wouldn't. I'm not bothering with your nonsense anymore, DC.

Why would quoting change anything?

Okay, if you really insist. So the player is Aphrah.

Here is the first time I FoSed him (though I didn't know the term FoS exists back then and thought I made up something new) and he is the only one who I have never unFoSed during the rest of the game. Here I say the exact reason after being asked. Me being absent was the same as playing lynchbait but even more extreme.

Only here the scum is finally lynched and I tell them I was saying this all along and they refused to listen.

The strategy worked. You can't deny that. I seriously don't get what's your problem.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by whilst »

DarkClaymore wrote:
I also have to say that the player I suspected acted pretty much like whilst is acting now. He was asked to vote but he refused without any solid reason. But again, I base this on a previous game and you won't like this reason.

I (more or less) refused to vote during D1, but thats the only case.
DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote:

You were quite against me when the day started. But suddenly somewhat changed your mind when it was obvious everyone suspect me.

No, wrong. I suspected you in the beginning of the day, yeah. I suspected cavjj more. Where did I "change my mind" about you?
DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote: DC can vote for me if he wants, I don't know why he should. He hasn't cited a reason for thinking I'm scummy -- other than this reason. Which I still don't understand.

I explained everything here

Ah, reading this now...I'll quote from that message here onwards:
DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote:The other points at which he votes for people to lynch are interesting to note, but none of the votes have "meant" anything, except for the vote on cavjj (as I have the second vote against cavjj). Do you get what I'm saying? The vote on wickedestjr didn't amount to anything, nor did the vote on you. It's just a pattern, imo -- his play style probably. I don't think it's anything to lynch him on. Or am I missing the point? Clarify if I am.

Here you are saying how you think most of my the votes are my playstye. Feels like a defense, as weak as it is. Strange how you try to make some of Abel's reasons seem off while you too said that I'm one of the top suspects on your list.

It's not strange, it's productive. I'm countering Abel's argument, yeah--so I can point out a flaw in his argument against you. He had been arguing with you and IAI at the time. I was active, and interjected in the conversation plenty of times.
DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote:I'm going to assume you put Wickedstjr at the top because of the fact that he could be waiting for us to lynch each other, and is not really missing in action. Am I correct? I'm asking because I've had the same rising suspicion. I don't think it's paranoia.

Still, I would put him at three or four on my list. I still want to hear his thoughts. My top two (yes, still):
1. cavjj
2. DarkClaymore

Also, here you try to outguess my reason and say you quite agree with it.

It feels like an attempt to show that you actually thought that I might be a reasonable town and that Abel was off by accusing me. This can work wonders for you if you are scum. Atm it seems like I'll be lynched. Once I get lynched and flip town, you'll be able to use some of these things you said against Abel in the next day. You can say that "I told him that he rushed too much and that some of his reasons were off".

It also appears like you are trying to please everyone. Both the town by agreeing I'm suspicious, and me by saying we agree about some stuff. That's just scummy.

Again, "some of his reasons were off". But wouldn't you agree that they were? You did defend yourself the entire time. The only way that strategy would work, is if I actually voted to have you killed. At that moment in the game (and now), you were/are in no danger of being lynched. If you were innocent, why wouldn't anyone suspect Abel for arguing with you?

DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote:Actually, I wouldn't wage a massive war against the player, I would let someone else do the arguing for me, but I would agree and hope my lynch helps the bandwagon fall through. Something like that.

And that's what scum usually do. And THAT'S exactly what I was looking for by lynchbait play. And you seem to fit the pattern to some extend with me being that very suspicious player.

DC, why should we even listen to your reasoning if it has nothing to do with this game? You're acting scummy because it somehow hypothetically helps you in a game with different rules than ours? Great. I have a feeling your references to fictional/irrelevant games is a nervous tick you develop as scum because it helps you avoid answering questions honestly.

Again. It has nothing to do with the different rules. It can work perfectly here as well.

Yeah it can, but every other game has different people with different roles. I don't want to get the impression of your behavior from another game. You could be innocent in another game, and mafia in this one, but still play the same way.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

What method exactly do you use to become lynchbait, Darky?
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

I'd say starting from here. You said Abel shouldn't be suspecting me and IAI that much while you yourself made me one of the suspects a few posts before.

From that post on is seemed as if you dropped the idea of chasing me.
And you ignored how I mentioned you outguessing my reason for putting the IC on the top.

At that moment in the game (and now), you were/are in no danger of being lynched. If you were innocent, why wouldn't anyone suspect Abel for arguing with you?

Because I'm lynchbait of course.

dicknose wrote:What method exactly do you use to become lynchbait, Darky?

Giving reasons I know no one will follow seem to be the best method. You can't argue with the fact it's working. AT LEAST say you agree with this.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by whilst »

DarkClaymore wrote:I'd say starting from here. You said Abel shouldn't be suspecting me and IAI that much while you yourself made me one of the suspects a few posts before.

From that post on is seemed as if you dropped the idea of chasing me.
And you ignored how I mentioned you outguessing my reason for putting the IC on the top.

I don't know how to react to your own interpretations of my behavior. All I can really say is, you were wrong to think that.
About the "outguess": It was just an idea I had, and maybe you had the same reason as me. I didn't have any ill-intentions by saying that. Mind you, it's still a plausible theory.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”