Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Vote: MusicNinja
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by monk »

Really don't like bob's jump onto the musical bandwagon
VOTE: bobsnox

ISOing and there's something interesting about another player.

Iam, any reason in particular that you asked bob about his opinion on Music's opinion of him, since no matter his alignment he would say it was scummy.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by Friend »

Bobs' jump was pretty damn bad. I would definitely be comfortable with a bobs lynch, but Music is my #1 choice for now.

Competing wagons, anyone?
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Tovarish »

To answer your Questions Whiskers-

Firstly, the level of rudeness that you display very much struck me as a means to harangue people into not asking you questions. It was, in itself a means of stifling debate, which is never good for the town. The Freak-out, in this context, could very easily be described as a nervous Mafia member confronted with a rather free-spirited Day-Killer. Then there was referring to yourself as Dead Mouse on Page Four, and refusing to defend yourself. Scummy. The clincher for me came near the end though- I've always been wary of players who do scummy things and announce that they're scummy as a means of hiding in plain sight, that's one of the biggest tells I've come across. You've done this with your self announced OMGUS.

The real clincher, however, was your attacks on MusicNinja (whose wagon I really don't understand) that were quickly abandoned as soon as a rather expedient wagon on bobsnox came up. MusicNinja was only brought up after I reminded you of it. And, rather shockingly you're back on him now that there's another convenient wagon.

I say this as respectfully as possible-

Die Scum, Die.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote count 1.5

(4) bobsnox: iamausername, Scumhunter, Friend, monk [L-3]

(3) Whiskers: Substrike22, LTP Mafia, Tovarish [L-4]

(3) MusicNinja: Friend, bobsnox, Whiskers [L-4]

(1) monk: Noramp [L-6]

(3) Not Voting: Panacea, crappy, MusicNinja

With
alive it will take
to lynch

Also, I'm prodding LTP Mafia again. I should have prodded him yesterday, but I didn't.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by bobsnox »

Whiskers wrote:Wait, wait, I thought
I
was scum. Why the switch, bob?

Vote: MusicNinja[/i]

Whiskers wrote:Bob, if you are wrong about Me and Noramp, who are your NEXT scum reads?

:roll:

MN jumped above you two. Why is that so scummy?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Whiskers »

Tovy, I hope you're just misguided, and not scum. The way you're playing, it will be really hard for them to lynch you.

Whiskers wrote:Tovy, you're back, come and play.
Also, just looking through Tovy's Isolated Posts, Looks like his case on me is: Big reactions, and rudeness.

Tovy, do you have any OTHER reads?
Tovarish wrote:I'm still looking at Whiskers as my primary suspect, with bob not following that far behind.

"Bob following not far behind." What does this mean? Where does this come from? Where's your read on bob? Is it gut? Are you recycling other players' reads? Would you bother giving up any other information than that I'm rude and I "over"reacted to the fakekill?

Who's your third pick for scum?

Hm, I think I already SAID this somewhere...
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Noramp »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bob
Yarr Owlbear!
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 am

Post by Tovarish »

Bob's getting scumpoints because of the remarks that your letting your vote ferment was apparently some kind of obvscum tell. Also the "quite clear" announcement that Musicninja is scum doesn't sit right either. I don't have a third pick right now. I don't go waving about accusations and attempting to recklessly build wagons.

Noramp, could you be persuaded to provide some kind of content with your vote?
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Tovarish »

Also, just on a note of personal interest, could you clarify "the way I am playing?" I've just returned to this account after a yearlong sabbatical and wasn't aware I had a distinct "way" yet.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Whiskers »

The way you are playing-- Hm, how do I define it? You certainly stand out to me. Not as scum; in fact, I think you're likely town. You look... clean? I really don't know how I can explain it to you in a way that makes sense.

I think you're probably town, you look town, so I hope you're not scum, because you don't look like it, and a scum player who looks like a town player is a dangerous kind of scum player.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Panacea »

Ugh. If you all have never had your computers hacked by an obnoxious bitch of a virus (yay, Win 7 Anti-Virus virus!), it sucks so hard core. :?

Anyway, everything is back online, so let me catch up. More to come.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Panacea »

First, I can get behind Iam's town-Whiskers justification back on #143, mainly because my read on him is more panicky-town with scummish twinges than outright scum at the moment. Plus the game he linked us to checks out.

Whiskers wrote:I was about to vote bob.
I want it noted that I don't like that, though... It kind of feels like he's making an effort to convince us that he would have been on a Bobsnox wagon earlier than his actual posting patterns showed.

Scumhunter wrote:bob, what Whiskers said was that they wanted to think about their vote for a few hours before they made it but that they were likely going to be voting for you. How is that akin to claiming scum? Wutttt?!?!?!?
No, I think it's context. It was within minutes of Iam expressing suspicion of Bobsnox. It looks a bit opportunistic to me, as if he saw a wagon arising and tried to say he'd been on it earlier. That's how I took it.

Ooh, and then he drops the Musicninja wagon and hops onto the Bobsnox one not long after that. Sans case, and as the wagon had already gotten a foundation.

Scumhunter wrote:
Whiskers wrote:
Vote: Bobsnox
I'll even call it Omgus.

Tovarish, would a scum so blatantly say that they were OMGusing like this? I think you seem to prefer a logic-based game style here. That is good and I realize that a lot of Whisker's actions could fall into the cookie-cutter mold of scum tells.

However
, I find it hard to believe that Whiskers would be so blatant as to say "I'm omgusing here" as scum. "I know I promised a case but I'm going to draw even more attention to myself by voting and calling it OMGUS!!" The motivation for anyone to do that reads much
much
more as defiant/lazy town than as scum.
This is just WIFOM. I don't think it's enough on which to base any kind of town-Whiskers argument.

Whiskers wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:I also can see how Whisker's votes seem to be for anyone but himself. Not great town play I'll admit but survival instinct is not solely a characteristic of scum necessarily. Townies don't want to be lynched either and I can think of some reasons a town-sided player might act that way.

Actually, Not voting for myself is something new that I'm trying out.
Is that ever
not
a scum action?

Whoa, Bobsnox's abrupt switch to Musicninja when the wagon had some momentum is unsettling.

Town

Tovarish
Substrike
Friend
Scumhunter
Null

LTP Mafia
Iamausername
Noramp
Monk
Scumhunter
Musicninja
Possible Scum

Whiskers
Bobsnox

VOTE: LTP Mafia We are way beyond the point where it is acceptable to have done no work. His only game-post has been to jump the prominent Whiskers wagon without offering any reason. I was pretty much convinced the whole time that he'd been replaced and I couldn't find it in Bub's iso. :P He's prodding him now, though, so we'll see where this goes.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by monk »

Panacea, why are you voting for someone who you've placed as null, when you've placed the same people as pretty much everyone else in the game as scum. Your read on Whiskers to me is also contradictory.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

monk wrote:Panacea, why are you voting for someone who you've placed as null, when you've placed the same people as pretty much everyone else in the game as scum. Your read on Whiskers to me is also contradictory.

Yeah that read to me as "hey I know (at least) one of these is my scum buddy so I'll vote for an active lurker to avoid putting either of them in a worse spot."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I agree with both of Monk's points:
"First, I can get behind Iam's town-Whiskers justification back on #143, mainly because my read on him is more panicky-town with scummish twinges than outright scum at the moment. Plus the game he linked us to checks out."
And then she puts me on her probscum list.

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting that you did pick up good tells on me between those spots in the post. Still, if I'm scummy, vote me?

Next, your vote on LTP; he's lurking or something. maybe he's just abandoned. I'm pretty sure we're not lynching him today, [preedit, I just ;ooked and we've still got a good week left,] but we've put vote pressure on him before and it did nothing.

Vote pressure on him did nothing, and now he's about (probably) to be replaced. Why put your vote there? It's not only safe, it's encouraging a nolynch. Your actively lurking-- doing something that has the effect of doing nothing.

Am I wrong? Am I not correct here?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

"
Possible
Scum." That vote is for pressure on LTP or his replacement, because his read is stunted. Consider it a needed catalyst. My vote will do more there for now, and there is quite enough time to deadline for me to play thumbscrew.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Panacea »

It's for the replace. We're out the time he's wasted for the slot; something's got to spur the replace.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Friend »

Panacea, can you elaborate on your read on Whiskers? Is he panicky town, or is he scum?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Panacea »

Sorry about that: I wrote it as I read to map my thought process. I'm still leaning panicky town with scummish proclivities. I think he came in flailing, but is recovering. Just in case, though, I'm still reporting those proclivities. As it stands, I can see the Bobsnox wagon, and there are a few points I like on Musicninja, but my personal project for the next couple of days is to try to dissipate my null list a bit.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Friend »

Panacea wrote:I'm still leaning panicky town with scummish proclivities.

Then why do you have him in your scum list?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

UNVOTE: Whiskers
VOTE: Panacea
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Friend »

Panacea/MusicNinja/bobsnox.

Callin' it.

But MusicNinja is scummiest, still.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Panacea »

Hm. It doesn't look like I did this well... The point of the "Possible Scum," part was a note on who to watch the closest. I'm not convinced that Whiskers is scum, but if he is Town, he's acting hellaciously scummy, and he will slip soon. He's... hard to explain.

Substrike, you're at least 1/3 wrong. And as the voted in your triad there, shouldn't
I
be scummiest?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Panacea »

Sorry, sorry, that was Friend. I rescind, my mistake.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”