Mafia 137 - Neruzian Era Mafia SERIAL KILLER WIN!

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Tomie degrades my play to gut. When it actually has quite a logical order to it, when you follow things through, come to the end conclusion of a train of thought. It's a horrible reason to not comment on the rest of my list, showing a terrible reaction. If Tomie was disappointed by me, that implies I did something Tomie would know to be wrong--from Tomie-town's perspective, there is my misread of the slot, but that's not something which I'd expect to be disappointed in. Disappointment implies a stronger disagreement with my reads, beyond misreading Tomie's slot. The fact that Tomie didn't give commentary on any of my reads despite strongly implying that I was not living up to expectations, leaves me to believe Tomie was scum.

Pappums OMGUS's Hiraki. Ignores everything else, to OMGUS in the most scummy way possible.

Mal's actually comes across as semi-serious. Okay, so it's not so much "serious", as "relevant". It strengthened my town-read on mal, to say the least.

And now, the infamous Bowser post. Bowser says that the lists bug him. That does not imply suspicion. It implies annoyance--which is normal to most player's stance on me. (Many are fine, with me as a person. Me, as a player, on the other hand... :P)

But it also shows scumhunting, in that Bowser has gotten town-reads. He's going by instinct (gut) and doesn't elaborate, but he's one of our first legitimate scumhunters.

In essence, he was saying, "he may be annoying, but he's good."

This is through page two. I'll see how far I feel like going before posting again. (Dang it. 3 hours later than I intended to go to sleep. Dead tired. And I'm only a tenth of the way there. >_<)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Neruz »

hiplop (
) -
paupam's rat, malpascp, Hirarky, lewarcher82, Maxous, vezokpiraka, Toon Fighter, Bowser
Toon Fighter ( 4 ) -
zMuffinMan, GreyICE, chkflip, Empking
paupam's rat ( 3 ) -
hiplop, mastin2, HezLucky
Bowser ( 2 ) -
MintKitten, edmund.angles
mastin2 ( 1 ) -
sorgster
Tomie Uzumaki ( 1 ) -
Pine
zMuffinMan ( 1 ) -
somerandomguy

11 Votes to Lynch

Day 1 will end at approximately 10:00AM GMT+0 on the 30th of July.

Deadline will be unsuspended when one more replacement is found.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

GreyICE also ignores me to RVote.

Phoebus votes me without a word. But it's a Policy Vote. Phoebus's only game with me was when I was a Lyncher. It was a Large Normal. ("Lyncher. In. A. Normal. Whut?" Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, that game's kinda the reason we have setup reviewers, now. :P It also had a cult which could kill, and a mafia mason, among others.) He saw me as anti-town, he thinks of me in general as anti-town. Simple enough logic. I don't feel he would've bandwagoned me as scum.

At least, not like this--he votes me without a word. Implying his dislike, rather than flat-out stating it. It has a serious town Tone to the vote. (Yes, Votes have Tone. I cover this in my Guide To Scumhunting.)

Empking wrote:WIN

Vote: Tomie
This reeks of 1: bandwagoning (and perhaps hypocrisy--depends on how you interpret the "WIN"; the tone is rather ambiguous), and 2: bussing Tomie.

Bowser--who trusted my reads in his last post--follows this trust to a logical conclusion. Serious town points, for Bowser.

No doubt Warrior's a newb. This ignorance reads as newb-town rather than newb-scum. The Late-RV is generally a signature town move.

Muffin wrote:And phoebus is scum

VOTE: Phoebus
Scumhunts on something which on the surface does look bad. This shows a legitimate interest in trying to find the scum. Muffin is among the first to do this. And is therefore town.

Pappums wrote:Hey mastin what exactly are you trying to accomplish with these "reads" of yours?
1: Scum tone. Pappums uses safe wording. 2: This is fluff. Asking me what I intend to achieve with that strategy is something to make Pappums look like he's contributing to discussion, when in fact this question is useless. 3: It also plants doubt in the town's mind as to my legitimacy.

I dont see any scum motivation behind it, I just think its kind of odd.
Fencesitting. Leaves open a back door to track through if necessary, if the need arises for mastin-suspicion. Gives nothing productive to the discussion--doesn't mention why it's odd, doesn't say why he doesn't see scum motivation in it...doesn't give anything.

It's a worthless scum post. It has a clear scum motive behind it: trying to appear more town than he really is. And guess what? So far, the town appears to have mostly bought it.

In what way could mastin's lolreads possibly be misconstrued by anyone as "trying to look helpful" ? He claims to have reads on people who have only posted their "/confirm".
Pressures hiplop, yet doesn't vote hiplop. It also subtly plants the idea that "Mastin's reads are worthless". (When I've rather conclusively shown you how my reads were in fact serious, and quite objective in their basis.)

The Mod wrote:somerandomguy ( 2 ) - PranaDevil, warriormode
zMuffinMan ( 2 ) - somerandomguy, edmund.angles
Hirarky ( 2 ) - paupam's rat, GreyICE
Two scum in here, guaranteed. Edmund is one, and Pappums is the other. (This is one of the main reasons GreyICE is at the bottom of my scum-list: he really is the most likely to be wrong.)

paupam's rat ( 1 ) - Hirarky
Bowser ( 1 ) - Uprising
Phoebus ( 1 ) - zMuffinMan
I'd also expect one scum here as well. It's not Hiraki or Muffin, so if there's scum, it's Uprising/chk.

mastin2 ( 6 ) - Toon Fighter, Tomie Uzumaki, Maxous, malpascp, Phoebus, hiplop
This does need 1-2 scum on it, but I've pretty well explained my reads on pretty much all of them, showing why Tomie's my main suspect, here.

This is 3-5 of the scum. So, in conclusion, 0-2 (most likely one) is in the leftovers. Like, oh...

Tomie Uzumaki ( 3 ) - mastin2, Empking, Bowser
There! Very likely one scum. Empking fits the pattern.

This is only through page three. (...I'm not going to finish this tonight, am I? >_< So much for my promise... :/)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Looking back at this,
hiplop wrote:Town shouldn't have to try to look good. Thats what he is doing, hes not actually doing anything helpful. Its simply an illusion
I now realize that this can 100% only come from town. Sentence by sentence, he's using signature Mastin moves against me. Obviously not intentionally, but that's what makes it even stronger, the accidental nature of his suspicions!

For starters--an accusation of trying to make myself look good. (Exactly my accusation against Pappums.) Accusing me of not posting anything helpful. (Exactly what I said Pappums was doing.) And the use of the word "illusion". The invoking of such a strong word, it can only come from town in this case.

This is a valid point about GreyICE's stances. A lack of vote, despite having a narrowed down list.

Edmund wrote:Like Tomie I did not like Bowser's post:
Bowser was wishy-washy on the subject of Mastin's reads.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Bowser
Blatant bandwagoning. (Additionally, blatant buddying--making me doubt my Tomie scumread, since quite frankly, Edmund's a stronger scumread.) Pushes a false fact about Bowser. Leaves a back door open to pedal through. "did not like", "was wishy-washy", "on the subject of", all leaving possible outs. All leaving a way to improve his stance.

@mastin: Do you mean that your early list was a type of reaction fishing?
This can only be interpreted as one of two ways. 1: fluff identical to Pappums's. Or, worse, 2: trying to fish from me, himself. Not quite a rolefish, but an information fish, so to speak. Not looking for something which can be beneficial to town (why would the town need to know if it was reaction fishing? If the answer was "yes", it'd nullify the point of the reaction fish!), but which has a huge benefit to the scum. (Not falling into the trap if one exists.)

So, yup, strong scum motive in Edmund.

@Tomie: Why does Mastin being town have anything to do with zMuffin and Bowser's alignment?
This is pretty much a scumclaim. Edmund is trying to direct attention to all three players: myself, Muffin, and Bowser. To get Tomie focusing on all three equally, to pursue all three of us as suspects. To focus attention on players he knows are all town.

*sigh*

It's 3:30 am right now. And progress is slow. It's taking me, like, an hour per page. It'll probably get better after 5-7 (early-game reads are more important--another fact my Guide To Scumhunting elaborates on greatly), but it's time-consuming for these early-pages. And I am skipping some posts which might be good to address.

Posting this as it is, now, even though I haven't finished page four. I don't want to stay up to that hour to finish that page. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

EditBWOP: I'm tired. You can tell by typos such as this:
Mastin wrote:All leaving a way to improve his stance.
Should be "All leaving a way to change his stance". (I might've been thinking of a fancier word, but I'm too tired to think it through. "change" might not be the most elegant word, but it is the must blunt. And easier for an exhausted mind to remember. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Hiraki »

I don't see how Hiplop is town still though.

I assume that's coming up.

The whole "this is ultra-town tell by coincidence" is erk.

I don't even see it being that townie.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:10 am

Post by GreyICE »

Mastin's a confirmed liar. I was already voting when he said that I didn't vote.

He's also a fucking arrogant retard whose terrible for every town that has the misfortune to have him draw a town role PM. I mean this in the highest possible way.
I WOULD RATHER HAVE MASTIN DIE AS TOWN THAN HAVE THE VIG SHOOT SCUM. IT IS BETTER FOR THE TOWN

You're damn fucking right I'm trying to ignore you, Mastin. Shut up and get shot like the good little village idiot you are.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:27 am

Post by hiplop »

Mastin is a great player, I don't see your problem GreyICE. We all KNOW what hes thinking, 100%. I have no idea what you're thinking, so i naturally side more with Mastin. All i know is YOU WANT TOONFIGHTER DEAD. Thats it. What happens if he flips town, GreyICE? You probably don't want him to actually die, you want him to be alive as long as possible so you can stick to one thought process.

Pretty sure its Pappums/GreyICE/ Empking.
third best scummer of all time
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:41 am

Post by GreyICE »

If he flips town? I'll cheer that he's FLIPPED and can no longer POST IN THE THREAD and then move on.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

are you like a lyncher or something
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 am

Post by hiplop »

cool, but hes the only one you've talked about all game, really. Who would you target after?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:04 am

Post by sorgster »

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Hiplop

Grey, I still have no meta so you're wrong.

Btw. he's scum.

How can you me sure someone is scum that early in the game? How would anyone know other than scum?

Pine wrote:You had a scum read on me? Lololol. Gods you suck Mastin. That whole reversal thing is working though. Glad
we're on the same team
. Let's tear it UP.

vezokpiraka wrote:
chkflip wrote:

I won't be voting right off the bat -- I want to give the thread a more thorough read beforehand.

"I want to fence sit a little and see which wagons grows that is not on my
scumbuddy
. "

scumbuddy? Are you saying that you are buddies with scum?

unvote
vote ckhflip

vezokpiraka wrote:Oh god. Hiraki is so annoying and scum.

He's pushing hiplop
hoping
he will kill a scum buddy.

unvote
vote hiraki

We'll kill hiplop tomorrow.

vezokpiraka seems suspicious. I'm going to look at the last three pages a bit now.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:07 am

Post by edmund.angles »

TF is just as bad as Bowser and his wagon is bigger.
UNVOTE: Bowser
VOTE: Toon Fighter

TF wrote:Mod, what happens if at deadline we don't reach majority? No-lynch or the person with more votes gets lynched?

He makes a show of his uneasyness to vote Hiplop - he could just read the rules.

TF wrote:
unvote, vote: hiplop

A lynch is better than a no-lynch

Again, a show of how reluctant he is to be on the wagon.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:10 am

Post by sorgster »

Unvote

Vote vezopiraka
Marathon Game record
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

Tomie is as helpful as sorg.

Le sigh.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Maxous »

me - 513 wrote: zMuffiman - whenever you want to stop buddying GreyICE is fine by me.

Hiplop lynch is not going through today.
My next choice for ages has been Pine but I doubt I will get sufficent support, same with malpascp.
Bowser is a decent lynch.
Not supporting any of the four, 2 vote wagons.
Ehh, gimme a bit.

unvote

I clearly state the Hiplop lynch is going nowhere and decide to unvote and change. I later go on Bowser who was a large wagon at the time.
This could be construed as bandwagoning cause I could'nt get hiplop lynched.
Hiplop says nothing.

Empking - 725 wrote: If you had control of my vote what would you do with it?

Empking - 732 wrote: Unvote
Vote: TF

Empking - 735 wrote: 3. I was asking in order to sheep you.

Empking (presumeably) decides his vote is'nt really going anywhere and blatnatly states he is sheeping another wagon.
Hiplop says nothing

me - 713 wrote: unvote
VOTE: Hiplop

Yeah I changed my mind again, let's just do this already.

I change my mind and vote Hiplop again.
hiplop - 739 wrote: bullshit. Can you explain why you decided i've become scummier?

hiplop - 743 wrote: pretty much "I CANT GET HIM LYNCHED, SO IMA BANDWAGON AGAIN".

This in fact was not sheeping a bandwagon. But suddenly, changing your vote and sheeping a bandwagon is bullshit when I voted Hiplop.
Yet he did'nt pay a blind bit of notice when people were doing the same thing but were'nt voting him.
If he really beleived changing your vote to sheep was bull/scummy he would of said something about the earlier 2 cases I quoted.
This is self-preservation.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 am

Post by hiplop »

hiplop wrote:Mastin is a great player, I don't see your problem GreyICE. We all KNOW what hes thinking, 100%. I have no idea what you're thinking, so i naturally side more with Mastin. All i know is YOU WANT TOONFIGHTER DEAD. Thats it. What happens if he flips town, GreyICE? You probably don't want him to actually die, you want him to be alive as long as possible so you can stick to one thought process.

Pretty sure its Pappums/GreyICE/ Empking

Hey maxous, is suspect Emp for a reason :wink:
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Hiraki wrote:are you like a lyncher or something
Yes and no.

No, he can't be the role, "lyncher". This is a normal game.

Yes, he might as well be the role lyncher, since his will to want me dead is enough to override his current win condition and make him want me dead.

Spoiler: GreyICE
GreyICE somehow mis-read this:
mastin wrote:This is a valid point about GreyICE's stances. A lack of vote, despite having a narrowed down list.
As "lack of vote at all", when it was clearly meant to be (as the linked post shows, had he bothered to check) "lack of vote within the narrowed down list".

Not to mention,
He's also a fucking arrogant retard whose terrible for every town that has the misfortune to have him draw a town role PM.
If GreyICE is town, this is about as blatantly hypocritical as you can get. There's nothing but arrogant condescendence in his posts this game. That tone is consistently present. His extreme obsession with degrading my reads and play is itself degrading his own reads and play--a focus on a single player, a tunnel vision on a player not of alignment, but of play (obsessed with the idea that they are completely wrong), is more anti-town than standard tunnel vision.

I quite frankly find his attitude to be indicative of scum play. He knew I was going to be in this game. If he hated me so much, then he could have just outed. He could've chosen not to play with me, if this was a general hatred of me. But his hatred of me didn't start until after we had started to play. His obsession in this game, it goes way beyond what I'd expect any town player to do.
Anyway, resuming.
My academy.
Agnigi
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Bite me, Mastin. Read me? You can't read large print books without a magnifying glass and a floodlight.

You were like 10x less intolerable the last game I was in with you. This one? The arrogance is up to 11, and the reads are fucking toilet, the play is nonsensical, your reasoning is a joke, and OH YEAH THE ARROGANCE.

I mean people call me arrogant but I'm a humble little doormouse.

Excuse me while I ignore you for the rest of the game.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

GI.

y u be hatin.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by pappums rat »

hiplop wrote:Mastin is a great player, I don't see your problem GreyICE. We all KNOW what hes thinking, 100%. I have no idea what you're thinking, so i naturally side more with Mastin. All i know is YOU WANT TOONFIGHTER DEAD. Thats it. What happens if he flips town, GreyICE? You probably don't want him to actually die, you want him to be alive as long as possible so you can stick to one thought process.

Pretty sure its Pappums/GreyICE/ Empking.

"I'm just going to sheep the guy with the most posts that a lot of people have townreads on and take his reads as my own, while ignoring that mastin's reads are based on pure unadulterated shit."

sorgster wrote:
Unvote

Vote vezopiraka

Why? When people play mafia they tend to give reasons behind their actions.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Empking »

pappums rat wrote:

sorgster wrote:
Unvote

Vote vezopiraka

Why? When people play mafia they tend to give reasons behind their actions.

At least when they're as stupid as that.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by pappums rat »

What, you think people shouldnt give reasons behind their votes and scumreads?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by sorgster »

sorgster wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Hiplop

Grey, I still have no meta so you're wrong.

Btw. he's scum.

How can you me sure someone is scum that early in the game? How would anyone know other than scum?

Pine wrote:You had a scum read on me? Lololol. Gods you suck Mastin. That whole reversal thing is working though. Glad
we're on the same team
. Let's tear it UP.

vezokpiraka wrote:
chkflip wrote:

I won't be voting right off the bat -- I want to give the thread a more thorough read beforehand.

"I want to fence sit a little and see which wagons grows that is not on my
scumbuddy
. "

unvote
vote ckhflip

vezokpiraka wrote:Oh god. Hiraki is so annoying and scum.

He's pushing hiplop
hoping
he will kill a scum buddy.

unvote
vote hiraki

We'll kill hiplop tomorrow.

vezokpiraka seems suspicious. I'm going to look at the last three pages a bit now.

Im my last post, I showed these two quotes of vezokpiraka. He used the term scumbuddy. I think he meant that his buddies are scum. That is why I voted for him. If he meant that they were scum then why did he say ''vote on which wagon grows that is
not
on my scumbuddy. This is more than enough for me to think that he is scum.
Marathon Game record
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Empking »

pappums rat wrote:What, you think people shouldnt give reasons behind their votes and scumreads?

No I'm calling his vote stupid.

sorgster
is
a newbie, be nice.
Last edited by Neruz on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”