GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

I'm on V/LA, but lots seems to have happened.

I believe that LobsterCatapult has some sort of investigative role, but it seems weird that LobsterCatapult would claim Charlie Town for "not targeting" anybody on Night Two, when a Watcher role would clearly not be able to come to that conclusion. I'm also reminded that my other game I played with Faraday-Mod, I was in fact a Mafia Tracker. But the fact that Primate was not killed Night Two helps (although like I mentioned, Cogito Ergo Sum probably looked like the "real" Doctor after the Mina-hammer).

This is pretty much a roundabout way of saying that on first impression, I'm not sure what to think. I'll have to think about it. Later, I'll read over LobsterCatapult's and Fluttershy's posts to make sure they are consistent with the claim.

Did you happen to leave any crumbs to your results?

In fact, with this claim, I am even better with seeing pressure on Pinkie Pie.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Feysal »

... Eating whitecurrants ...

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3307844#p3307844]#875[/url] wrote:Feysal, you seriously need to stop logging off immediately after you post. Some players (myself included) like to actually engage in real-time conversations with players. I have tried to do this with you not once, but
twice
, and both times you have apparently logged off despite me posting rather promptly after you posted.

Yes you have, and both times I've been gone already and not seen your post until later. My time during the day is limited, and I typically post one long post at the end of a day, if I post at all. If you do want to talk to me, I can start checking if you're online at the time I'm reading or posting though.

By the way, if you expect me to post in under two minutes, you're going to continue to be disappointed. Unless we're talking about single sentence responses, writing a post takes me longer that. Often much longer.

GLaDOS [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3307844#p3307844]#875[/url] wrote:Is LobsterCatapult Town or Scum? This is also meant to be a dichotomy. Although you claimed to have a "null" read earlier, Lobstercatapult has made enough posts that you should be able to get a have a read on her by now. Feel free to explain after answering.

Since you wanted to make it a dichotomy, I would answer scum. Otherwise I would say null leaning scum. I have reread everything since the time I replaced in, in the belief that I would gain much more from it now than the first time when I had not yet read the thread. Indeed I did, and that included clarifying my read on LobsterCatapult somewhat. I'm still not seeing anything glaringly obvious, but there are a number of comments I dislike and no town tells to offset them, so I'm leaning scum.

The claim is a different matter completely. I'm surprised that hohum did not think of the possibility that LobsterCatapult could be a mafia watcher, since that possibility was immediately obvious to me. The mystery of the other neighborizer seems to have been cleared. It should be obvious that Primate has neighborized hohum and GlaDOS, how else would they know who Primate targeted?

To make a brief excursion into outguessing the mod, I remember seeing Faraday mention how he felt about town watchers. Basically, he hates them. Makes me wonder if he would have one in a game he was modding. I guess he could be evil and make the watcher also a miller, but I consider a watcher suspicious even without that additional weakness.

So, I'm not at all sold about this being a town claim. The watcher part is almost confirmed though, but only almost. There is the possibility that the mafia learned who had been neighborized and when because one of the players neighborized is in fact mafia, and this information could have been used to fabricate a false watcher claim. This would also explain why Primate was not killed, since the mafia would not want to tear down a neighborhood they were a trusted member of.

@LobsterCatapult:
You probably don't know why Fluttershy picked hohum, but why did you pick Charlie?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by Primate »

GLaDOS wrote:I believe that LobsterCatapult has some sort of investigative role, but it seems weird that LobsterCatapult would claim Charlie Town for "not targeting" anybody on Night Two, when a Watcher role would clearly not be able to come to that conclusion. I'm also reminded that my other game I played with Faraday-Mod, I was in fact a Mafia Tracker. But the fact that Primate was not killed Night Two helps (although like I mentioned, Cogito Ergo Sum probably looked like the "real" Doctor after the Mina-hammer).

This is pretty much a roundabout way of saying that on first impression, I'm not sure what to think. I'll have to think about it. Later, I'll read over LobsterCatapult's and Fluttershy's posts to make sure they are consistent with the claim.
Amusingly, it could be that I put Jahudo and Fluttershy in my list as town when mina asked. If they are the scums there would be a decent case for not nking me there.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

sorry, i havent had a lot of time to post substancial things...

but ill answer this question and get back to shit after i get off work.

i picked charlie because i felt he was pretty close to near town after replacing maizek and ojanen. charlie hadn't really done too much after i replaced in to think that he was town, but the catch-up posts he did post showed initiative indicative of town. i thought he might have been the target of a nk, or some other ability.

unvote

i love the pinkie pie wagon, but i dont see the need to hammer right now. unless i messed up the the vc.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Charlie »

Hey LobsterCatapult! You know how they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Well, instead of putting my current thought into words, I found you a picture! I hope you like it.
Kindness
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Day 3, Votecount #8

Pinkie Pie:
Charlie, inHimshallibe, hohum (L-2)
LobsterCatapult:
Pinkie Pie,
Charlie
, Primate,
inHimshallibe
(L-3)
Inhimshallibe:
Jahudo, Feysal (L-3)
Jahudo:
hohum, LobsterCatapult

Not voting:
GlaDOS,
Charlie
LobsterCatapult

Day 3 deadlineDeadline is in (expired on 2011-08-07 22:25:00), so that's the 8th of August at 3:25am Irish time. (Or 10:25 East Coast of America)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Katsuki »

Back from V/LA, will read through and comment tomorrow when I have time.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 am

Post by hohum »

Katsuki wrote:Back from V/LA, will read through and comment tomorrow when I have time.

I'll save you the time. You're about to get lynched.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Jahudo »

Now inHim has secrets. My feeling about this whole game

Can we at least talk some about why Pinkie is scumtacular?

Feysal wrote:To make a brief excursion into outguessing the mod, I remember seeing Faraday mention how he felt about town watchers. Basically, he hates them
Faraday is co-modding this game with hito. Its likely they both had a say in what roles to use.

Charlie wrote:Hey LobsterCatapult! You know how they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Well, instead of putting my current thought into words, I found you a picture! I hope you like it.
Is that your reaction to his read on you just now, or his posts in general lately? I guess I can see town-LC watching you because he did call Ojanen very town in his ISO. Whether or not he believed you were a likely NK target is harder to tell.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Charlie »

Jahudo, Pinkie Pie is lurktasticular. That is the main driving force for me to lynch it (call it lynch all lurkers policy if you will). I was generally confused by LobsterCatapult's posting of late. To describe it in words would be long-winded, hence the picture. I'm concerned that you've decided to probe me on this question... very concerned. Also, WIFOM is prevalent.
Kindness
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Jahudo »

It does look like you have a complicated feeling about LC and that is exactly why I am probing you. When you first responded to his claim you didn't believe him:
Miller-Zecora fits, but... No, I don't think you're one.
But you also unvoted because hohum had some info. Now that he's fully claimed you've gone back to Pinkie Pie so does that mean you believe his claim now? If that's the case why make that post to suggest he's upset you?
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

yeah...im lurking because a lot of terrible real life shit has come up, and when i get really stressed out, my mafia games usually take bottom priority. but...here comes a big ol wall. have fun >_>

@glados.......since i didnt have anything to really crumb since i didnt see anyone actually target charlie, i didnt really crumb much. i just kept using the phrase "i saw" and "LOOK" throughout my first 2 posts today. i tried to make it subtle, but obviously too subtle. also, my last crumb attempt didn't help me at all when i was forced to claim in another game of mine.

anyway, this is how i feel about the game right now.

i think the flavor discussion about about which pony or character whatever would be most likely to be scum-neighborizor is useless. i feel like it detracts and distracts from actual scum hunting. idk much about the flavor of the game, but since this is my little ponies, friendship is magic, im going to assume that like, any pony really can be a neighborizor since they love gathering friends, and that any enemy pony could be a neighborizor to capitalize off it.

hohum: at the start of d2, her judgment was spot on with mina, and i agree with her on the charlie town read, and primate for now. She is one of the stronger town reads in this game, her posts, though short, come across as genuine. her vote switch from jahudo to Pinkie-pie wasn't necessarily expected, even though pinkie pie was in her top 3, im surprised she isn't going after jahudo with the same fervor as she did mina d2. however, with the deadline approaching a lot sooner than d2, In my opinion its the correct move. I don't see what pinkie pie has brought to the table at all in terms of pro-town content and posts.

glados: i had a very town read on equinox, and glados is a bit weaker, but still townish, he seems to be really really eager to see feysal's responses, which is strange to me, since its not like feysal's playerslot has been the most active, feysal has obviously a lot of content, but to all of the sudden expect feysal to change up the tempo in how he posts seems to be odd, however, im feeling town much more on glados than i have on feysal. his investigation into mina's interactions with jahudo, seem like legit scumhunting to me, however i arrived at different conlcusions.

@glados, why did inhim's and charlies conversation make you confident that jahudo is town? wasn't it mostly just flavor discussion? :neutral:

primate: though...he hasn't said hardly anything this game content wise, it seems to me that he is town if hohum isn't freaking out that i outted him targetting her the "three of us" comment is odd. even though he hasn't said anything that i find super useful, except vote people without much reasoning, say that you are "dubious" that katsukie is scum etc. ehh. pretty much the only way i could see primate being scum, is if hohum is scum as well, and i dont see hohum bussing mina d2 the way she did. it doesnt make much sense.

inhim: i see him as townish. he is aggressive, and seems to genuinely scumhunt and a lot of his points are logically sound, however his voting is a bit erratic at times. I don't really understand why he thought i was the scum on the jahudo wagon. the unvote from mina didnt bother me too much, but the fact that he did so onto me, when i was v/la bothered me. his 868 seems really town to me. along with his 844, it seems like legit townie frustration.

feysal...i dont really know what to think. (esp since espeonage was his predecessor) he seems to be sort of null. i dont like his mod-speculation of my role. charlie's speculation of my role was legit since i fucking misworded it, his seems to be sort of fabricated. i also dont agree with his stance on inhim and the whole jahudo debate that has been hashed over so much. (btw, while going through his iso, im also speculating his point on primate being the other neighborizor is true). all his posts, though thoughtfully worded, seem to be pretty bland, not taking too harsh of a point on anything except for maybe inhim and the jahudo argument.

charlie: Image

jahudo: i still see you as scummy. if feyal is right about primate being the other neighborizor, and hohum is so convinced he is town....either you are scum, or there are 2 twon neighborizors. however, of course, there could be two town neighborizors, this is my little pony friendship magic...but idk. i hate wifomy set up speculation. its still very possible that you and pinkie pie are scum together, and infact, this is probably the case since it could be that pinkie-pie wants to bus you, but not wanting to seem scummy by dropping too premature of a hammer.

pinkie pie: i fail to see what town people see in pinkie-pie, at all. pinkie-pie is scum, trying to put on a townie face. i don't really like her attitude towards the game, and i reread through all of pinkie pie's stuff, and putting her vote on mina without reading the game seems like an easy place to put a vote, since you are prolly banking your scum buddy wont take you to the cleaners for it d1. i dont think she deserves credit at all for the mina lynch, and i dont think her intent to hammer of jahudo seemed like town.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

Jahudo wrote:It does look like you have a complicated feeling about LC and that is exactly why I am probing you. When you first responded to his claim you didn't believe him:
Miller-Zecora fits, but... No, I don't think you're one.
But you also unvoted because hohum had some info. Now that he's fully claimed you've gone back to Pinkie Pie so does that mean you believe his claim now? If that's the case why make that post to suggest he's upset you?

It's a gut thing that isn't easy to explain. Look at the interactions between LC and myself; especially the post above this one. I believe we've reached a fair understanding of each other's motive.
Kindness
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

So it seems that Charlie is merely dumbtown that is worth ignoring for the rest of the game.

Inhim being on my wagon however is very odd, considering in the past games where I was scum, he correctly identified me as such almost immediately. However here, he seems willing to just merely quietly slide onto my wagon.

I still don't like hohum. He did jack shit, yet wants to take cred for the Mina-wagon himself.
I'm saying this while excluding my role in the Mina wagon.
Then again, this may just be hohum being hohum, like Mordor Mafia all over again.

LC is still terrible.

Jahudo I'm still not sure about. I kind of wish I hammered him if only so I don't have to keep feeling conflicted. Part of me thinks he's scummy, but my gut isn't as sure as it usually is nor is it really agreeing with that, so I'm willing to wait until tomorrow about this.
Still confused about this neighbor shenanigans, but we'll work that out tomorrow.

This vote however makes me feel VERY comfortable.
Unvote, Vote: INHIM
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Katsuki »

If people want references, the games I talked about inhim in are LOTR and Alphabet mafia.
Alphabet mafia in particular, since most players had me down as obvtown.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by Katsuki »

hohum wrote:
Katsuki wrote:Back from V/LA, will read through and comment tomorrow when I have time.

Good luck.
This ain't happening.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by hohum »

Katsuki wrote:
hohum wrote:

Good luck.
This ain't happening.

You were at L-1 a little while ago. Not reading the thread?.

I've done more to confirm townies this game than you have.

Classic case of scum resorting to meta to support an argument that doesn't hold water.

Can we PLEASE lynch pinkie pie now guys?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 am

Post by Katsuki »

hohum wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
hohum wrote:

Good luck.
This ain't happening.

You were at L-1 a little while ago. Not reading the thread?.

I've done more to confirm townies this game than you have.

Classic case of scum resorting to meta to support an argument that doesn't hold water.

Can we PLEASE lynch pinkie pie now guys?

Classic case of why you suck at this game.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

unvote
(dramatic pause)

I just realized something and I need to role fish for real in order to find out. Can we confirm now that Primate is second secret neighborizer? If he is, LC has to be scum, right?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 am

Post by hohum »

Jahudo wrote:
unvote
(dramatic pause)

I just realized something and I need to role fish for real in order to find out. Can we confirm now that Primate is second secret neighborizer? If he is, LC has to be scum, right?

Just vote for fucking pinkie already.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Katsuki »

I would be fine with a LC lynch too, but we're not outing the second neighborizer today.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Jahudo »

So Primate isn't neighborizer. Because if he was, LC would be confirmed scum and you would know why.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:01 am

Post by hohum »

Jahudo wrote:So Primate isn't neighborizer. Because if he was, LC would be confirmed scum and you would know why.

how would LC be confirmed scum if primate is the second neighborizer?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”