Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Johhog wrote:1) I think it's Theam

that's not gonna help.
They mean me. I think
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by hiplop »

DH-Star wrote:It feels great to replace someone who posted nothing useful and merely parroted at the beginning of the Day before disappearing. /sarcasm, but I started reading back without knowing who I replaced, and even I'll admit that SoulBlade looked scummy. Ah gotta love life.

Hiplop's caught my eye as he has been VERY determined to get Ghostlin lynched, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. IDK how to multi-quote so excuse my supposed lack of evidence, but at one point, Hiplop said he'd love some people if they hammered Ghostlin, which seemed odd. BUT, I'm fairly certain Hiplop's town, I'm just curious as to why he's putting his neck out so much on Day 1. Maybe it's just me, but I would never be so gun-ho on Day 1, just because that's not how I play I guess.

Ghostlin's WIFOM was bad, but not nearly as bad as theamatuer's analysis list thing where he gave himself a 7/10 scum rating. Ugh, some people's kids. Amazingly, I think theam isn't scum ... just very very noobish and/or dumb.

AeRy has seemed very tentative for some reason. I'm keeping Johhog on my radar, simply because he replaced paradox who I was very wary of due to lack of input and blatant lurking for a bit.

Sorry for any stupidity btw, only my 2nd game (technically) and I don't deal well with big blocks of text. Especially since I just read through 13 pages :/.

Two questions:
1) Who's TM?
2) If Ghostlin dies, will he still be active in the thread performing his IC duties?

He's scum, and I know it. Which is why I'm going after him so hard, obviously.

1) Tm is TheaMateur, not sure why the nickname came about
2) No, but ConSpiracy and I (I think conspiracy at least) will be fine in teaching you, I'm a qualified IC and all that jibber jabber.

Glad to see you posting DH :)

Johhog is interesting, and he'd be my #2 scumpartner for Ghostlin. His latest post in general urks me to the max.
third best scummer of all time
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Johhog wrote:Also we would learn a lot from a Ghostlin town flip. At least one of Theam/
hiplop would be scum
(I don't think both).

yeah, go figure
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Ghostlin: please write who do you think is townie and who do you think is scum so if you do turn up VT, we know who else to look at after we kill myself first.

.................That was the most awkward sentence I've written in my entire life.
Its just whatever
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Stels »

Johhog wrote:2) No. I guess the SEs (which I think is me, Morthas, hiplop and ConSpiracy) will fill in for him.

Looks like I'm a ghost in this game...
@hiplop: I'm a qualified IC as well...

theamatuer wrote:Ghostlin: please write who do you think is townie and who do you think is scum so if you do turn up VT, we know who else to look at after we kill myself first.
.................That was the most awkward sentence I've written in my entire life.

Ghostlin wrote:
Weird, maybe--but it's also weird to have two folks so closely parrot reads. TM and hiplop have had similar reads from the moment hiplop replaced in. I've seen people all agree on one thing before as town in a newbie game, all replacements--and one of them was scum, so even scum agreeing with townies has happened for easy cred.

Honestly, I'm going to say it bluntly--odds are very good there's a scumbag on my wagon. VCA will help you on future days somewhat with that.

When I flip town, I find the odds are good that hiplop will flip scum, to answer the other question posted--I'd be hugging 70% chance that one of TM and hiplop is scum.

I think he already said who he thinks is who.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Stels »

Also, according to my calendar, CS should be coming back today. We can finally move back on track once he catches up.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by hiplop »

I apoligize Stels! Than we're in great shape =]

I don't have much more to say... Good night everyone (:
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Johhog »

Hey, sorry Stels! I guess we're 5 SEs in this game and... there are 2 ICs?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Johhog »

hiplop wrote:
DH-Star wrote:It feels great to replace someone who posted nothing useful and merely parroted at the beginning of the Day before disappearing. /sarcasm, but I started reading back without knowing who I replaced, and even I'll admit that SoulBlade looked scummy. Ah gotta love life.

Hiplop's caught my eye as he has been VERY determined to get Ghostlin lynched, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. IDK how to multi-quote so excuse my supposed lack of evidence, but at one point, Hiplop said he'd love some people if they hammered Ghostlin, which seemed odd. BUT, I'm fairly certain Hiplop's town, I'm just curious as to why he's putting his neck out so much on Day 1. Maybe it's just me, but I would never be so gun-ho on Day 1, just because that's not how I play I guess.

Ghostlin's WIFOM was bad, but not nearly as bad as theamatuer's analysis list thing where he gave himself a 7/10 scum rating. Ugh, some people's kids. Amazingly, I think theam isn't scum ... just very very noobish and/or dumb.

AeRy has seemed very tentative for some reason. I'm keeping Johhog on my radar, simply because he replaced paradox who I was very wary of due to lack of input and blatant lurking for a bit.

Sorry for any stupidity btw, only my 2nd game (technically) and I don't deal well with big blocks of text. Especially since I just read through 13 pages :/.

Two questions:
1) Who's TM?
2) If Ghostlin dies, will he still be active in the thread performing his IC duties?

He's scum, and I know it. Which is why I'm going after him so hard, obviously.

1) Tm is TheaMateur, not sure why the nickname came about
2) No, but ConSpiracy and I (I think conspiracy at least) will be fine in teaching you, I'm a qualified IC and all that jibber jabber.

Glad to see you posting DH :)

Johhog is interesting, and he'd be my #2 scumpartner for Ghostlin. His latest post in general urks me to the max.

Just because I don't think the player I replaced was scummy? Cmon...
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by AeRyung »

All ics and ses are out to kill trick us all!! Ahh run forestss, runnnn!!!! I apologize for my rude intrudence but i thought we needed a little loosin up in here, the mood is dull. Conspiracy, no matter how much of an asshole you are i do miss having some cs company.

Now, I keep rereading most of the posts and Im starting to see some things i havet seen before but when i have a clear analysis I will let it be known.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Stels wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:
Weird, maybe--but it's also weird to have two folks so closely parrot reads. TM and hiplop have had similar reads from the moment hiplop replaced in. I've seen people all agree on one thing before as town in a newbie game, all replacements--and one of them was scum, so even scum agreeing with townies has happened for easy cred.

Honestly, I'm going to say it bluntly--odds are very good there's a scumbag on my wagon. VCA will help you on future days somewhat with that.

When I flip town, I find the odds are good that hiplop will flip scum, to answer the other question posted--I'd be hugging 70% chance that
one of
TM and hiplop is scum.

Yeah, but he only said one of either me or hiplop is scum. I want to know who he thinks #2 is
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Ghostlin: to add to my previous request, a character analysis is even better
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Ghostlin: to add to my previous request, a character analysis is even better
Its just whatever
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 am

Post by hiplop »

Johhog wrote:Hey, sorry Stels! I guess we're 5 SEs in this game and... there are 2 ICs?

no. Each game has one IC. Starts with 2 SE's, but more can replace in. SE's can be someone who has played like 500 games, or 3. IC is just a chosen player to teach the game.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Johhog »

Yeah, I know, I worded it badly. I mean 5 SE-eligible and 2 IC-eligible. Coming to think of it you're probably more than 2 IC-eligible though.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:12 am

Post by Ghostlin »

theamatuer wrote:
Stels wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:

When I flip town, I find the odds are good that hiplop will flip scum, to answer the other question posted--I'd be hugging 70% chance that
one of
TM and hiplop is scum.

Yeah, but he only said one of either me or hiplop is scum. I want to know who he thinks #2 is

That's my way of saying if not
both
of you are scum (which if you take raw statistics, is low, I admit), odds are very likely one of you is. (By play alone.) This should surprise no one who's read this thread because I think you're both scum.

TM: Yeah, you've not said anything that's really changed my mind here--if anything 'not everything is scummy' seems like that you know full well that I'm town and telling the truth, and in context that you know full well you've done scummy things.

There are players who are reading extremely town to me. There are players that are reading pretty darn scummy to me. You are in the second camp. Bluntly, I shake my head at the players who think you're a VI, because you've stopped just shy of claiming that yourself. Also, scum VI's do exist.

I've parroted my reads over the last three posts. I've told you what I've found scummy. Everyone else is at least null/town.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In fact, lemme quote this to you:

About my reads:

TM
has spent most of the day either trying to make sure he didn't get lynched (Post #28). He then said he thought he'd be suspect due to rage posting a lot (Post #42)--which still sticks out to me because he hasn't been rage posting at all. Then he made another concern about being lynched Day 1 again (Post #53); his votes earlier in the day don't follow a town suspicion pattern, mostly used to wagon, but they lose points because they're obviously pressure votes (Post #66, Post #69). If you want something that's really odd, he essentially contradicts himself in what he says in one post by not self voting (Post #93) and then self votes himself (Post #118). He also has waffled on my defense, claiming that I'm town, but all of a sudden reverses when I'm scum (about the same time my wagon became popular, he was tunnelling Soulblade continuously before this point). Post #281 is hilarious in retrospect---you could use the same things to describe himself, really. As for my 2/9 of being scum, at least 1/9 of being a PR, and 7/9 of being town....um, that's true of everyone, so I don't see how that's much of a case. (This was my actual point when I originally made that post: to SB, I believe.)

Honestly, I dislike
hiplop
less and less because of none of the actual proof of anything he's felt (he's claimed TM's "sincere" when bluntly some of his play contradicted itself a lot) and frankly? I've played a lot of games with a lot of VIs, new ones DO NOT TEND to vote themselves as obvtown. The fact that hiplop has blithely ignored this lends more credence to the fact that I feel he's buddying TM--I do not usually do this, but if I were to pick a scum team: it'd be hiplop-TM. By the way, kids, he's called his scum team early on and hasn't deviated from it at all--he's not really scumhunting, he's trying to string up whomever he can find to ride to lynch at the moment.

(Also, if you read parts of the ISO, TM and hiplop read like this:

TM: You hate SB? I hate SB! Let's string up SB!
hiplop: Let's kill Ghosty first due to scum ICness. I'm so sure he's scum. However, SB's his scum buddy so he should die too, not now, tho'.
TM: SB. SB. Let me give you my reads. OK, well, if I'm going to hang, let's go hang Ghostlin first.)

My alternate lynch would be
AeR
for waffling in the early game--had BK's replacement been worse,
BK
would of been in this slot.

Why am I giving you this information now? Because odds are about 50/50 you're going to lynch me and if I die, I want you to remember, read the points I've placed above and act on it.

Oh, and hiplop? I want your address after the game to collect on the whole 'Ghostlin is scum' bet. 'Cause you're wrong.

Scum: TM, hiplop, AeR, BKWM (leaning null due to replacement play)

Town/Null: Everyone else. No, I'm actually NOT going to rank these. I'm not going to make a 'who the IC finds helpful list'.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 am

Post by hiplop »

No, all your last three posts say is that Team or I is scum, you haven't said why, other than I've been targeting you. That's some lazy scum play, Ghosty. You haven't said who you think is scum if I flip town, or even ranked your reads. Ever thought of the possibility that I'm just wrong? WIFOM aside, but do you really think I'd be so gutsy in my play?

Can you explain your reads then? Because I look at your scumreads, and I see your wagon, and then stels who clearly said she has no problem with your death...
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

hiplop wrote:No, all your last three posts say is that Team or I is scum, you haven't said why, other than I've been targeting you. That's some lazy scum play, Ghosty. You haven't said who you think is scum if I flip town, or even ranked your reads. Ever thought of the possibility that I'm just wrong?
WIFOM aside, but do you really think I'd be so gutsy in my play?

Can you explain your reads then? Because I look at your scumreads, and I see your wagon, and then stels who clearly said she has no problem with your death...

Did you not read my last post where I requoted my ending reads?

You've been on my case since the second post you replaced in, where you essentially made fun of my read of AeR for not voting (when she had suspicions of another player) and said scum would adjust to that.

You talk about tunneling, but you've been trying to argue and build a case around me since the second or third post you've made this game. Over something that wasn't scummy. And you've made the argument I'm the lazy scum.

Bluntly, I consider the last piece of evidence you cite here about Stels being OK with lynching me to be rather unsubstantiated because she's also said she's not going to lynch me until close to deadline. Really, she's got two choices here in this current game state unless some of you that are firmly in the 'TM is a VI' camp surprise the hell out of me:

1) Keep her vote on TM and no lynch.
2) Lynch a player she doesn't know is town. The only player Stels knows is town is her.

Also, the bolded is WIFOM: and Yes, I do believe scum would be that bold.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: And before you ask: Have you seriously voted/hammered a person you thought was Town Day 1 because of a mislynch? Yes, Yes I have.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP x2: mislynch=no lynch
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:43 am

Post by hiplop »

I already replied to that post. Nice try.

I've seen town self vote all the time. I've never seen scum self-vote, no this doesn't mean its a town tell, but its not a scumtell either. Its one of those lame-by-the-book scumtells that scum use, but never actually do. Llama posted something rpetty good, called "the scumtells that scum never does", and thats the case here.

I used the word WIFOM son, calling it out for WIFOM is pretty useless, and showing your strawgrasping.

I'm tunneling, and I admit it. I believe I've found scum. Why would I deviate from that? I've been playing close attention to every player, and you can't deny that. (asking q's, talking to them etc) I'm only tunneling with my votes..
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 am

Post by hiplop »

Ghostlin wrote:EBWOP: And before you ask: Have you seriously voted/hammered a person you thought was Town Day 1 because of a mislynch? Yes, Yes I have.

like out the threat of a no-lynch? I personally haven't :oops:

@hiplop: I am ready to hammer Ghostlin. Hence my impatience with prodding him. He is my 2nd suspect after theamatuer. As much as it pains me to do so, theamatuer will have to wait ;_; . Won't hammer until everyone has finished their V/LA's and Ghostlin finally gets back or we are close to the deadline, which is in 5 days.

this doesn't sound like a town read to me. This is posted by stels
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

hiplop wrote:I already replied to that post. Nice try.

I've seen town self vote all the time. I've never seen scum self-vote, no this doesn't mean its a town tell, but its not a scumtell either. Its one of those lame-by-the-book scumtells that scum use, but never actually do. Llama posted something rpetty good, called "the scumtells that scum never does", and thats the case here.

I used the word WIFOM son, calling it out for WIFOM is pretty useless, and showing your strawgrasping.

I'm tunneling, and I admit it. I believe I've found scum. Why would I deviate from that?
I've been playing close attention to every player, and you can't deny that. (asking q's, talking to them etc) I'm only tunneling with my votes..

Funny. That's
not
what your ISO says. (I'm not going to quote the whole thing, but all of two posts don't really have anything to do with anything except accusing me, tunneling me, etc) So...either you're doing this somewhere in your head, or you're lying directly to the town.

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask...what about BK did you find scummy in your first ISO'ed post that wasn't so scummy that you shifted to me in your second ISOed post?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: OK, if I count --fluff-- like this, maybe it's true:

hiplop wrote:I apoligize Stels! Than we're in great shape =]

I don't have much more to say... Good night everyone (:

hiplop wrote:
Johhog wrote:Hey, sorry Stels! I guess we're 5 SEs in this game and... there are 2 ICs?

no. Each game has one IC. Starts with 2 SE's, but more can replace in. SE's can be someone who has played like 500 games, or 3. IC is just a chosen player to teach the game.

Not that I mind you doing the IC work, but if I'm being accused of just posting IC stuff as fluff and tunneling Thaum, then you should be held to the exact same standard.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”