Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by theamatuer »

We should start lynch on Thursday, to give players 1 day or so of voting time. Too late and an undecided might happen, leading to a no lynch, which seriously will not help us at day 1.
Hopefully CS will come out then.
Aeryung: It's been an hour. Any luck?
Its just whatever
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by AeRyung »

This would be so much easier if everyone just went back to page one and started reading.... I'm currently trying to find every time I can to go back, quote, comment. I'm cooking up some korean pancakes atm and it's kinda hard to stay focused. Itll take pages possibly to do it all. Ill try to get it done by tonight though, hopefully.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by theamatuer »

hiplop wrote:Not immediately. But if the wagon even shows a slight chance of disappearing, someone hammers. Ghostlin is a good player and i dont want him to weasel his way out of death.

AeRyung wrote:
Unvote. Vote: ConSpiracy

Hiplop, you might have more experience than CS, but I'm voting for CS because people seem to favor him more at the moment. My love for you is the same.

no more wagon :(
REWAGONVOTE: ghostlin
Its just whatever
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Stels »

Morthas wrote:Gotta love the way i am perceived to be neutral in all of my games.

You could do SOMETHING pro-town if you didn't lurk in all of my games. Posting fluff such as this^^
Besides, you're never neutral. Add lurking to that too.

@AeRyung: RQS is used to start off from somewhere. It usually breaks the silence after RVS. IMO, RQS is just blatantly unnecessary. Plus, even if scum know the timezone difference, they could only talk in their QT as long as the game hasn't started yet, that means no posts are made in the game and RQS being tied to scum in no way. That doesn't mean 24 hours, it means until everyone has confirmed. There's no one in my timezone, so I feel that whenever I post, all communication ends there. Maybe the purpose of asking for your timezone is to judge when you can post alongside someone else in order to not feel lonely and feel like the game is dead. Just my opinion on this one.
EBWOP: If someone said they were from the US for example, no one would know which time frame they were from, since the US has at least 5 different timezones.

Johhog wrote:Hm, possible scumteams I can see right now.

Ghostlin/DH-Star
hiplop/maybe Stels?
Theam/whomever, AeRyung?
hiplop/Theam

Fuck, that's not much. At least it's something.

Still feel like lynching Ghostlin when 2 of the same names appear twice throughout your list?

hiplop wrote:I already replied to that post. Nice try.

I've seen town self vote all the time. I've never seen scum self-vote, no this doesn't mean its a town tell, but its not a scumtell either. Its one of those lame-by-the-book scumtells that scum use, but never actually do. Llama posted something rpetty good, called "the scumtells that scum never does", and thats the case here.

I used the word WIFOM son, calling it out for WIFOM is pretty useless, and showing your strawgrasping.

I'm tunneling, and I admit it. I believe I've found scum. Why would I deviate from that? I've been playing close attention to every player, and you can't deny that. (asking q's, talking to them etc) I'm only tunneling with my votes..

CSL used to self-vote/self-hammer all the time as scum. You could look at his past games.

If this is going nowhere near the deadline, I will be forced to hammer. I looked back at Ghostlin's ISO, when I read your posts in game, I really thought you were doing well, you answered hiplop and I think at one point I really did believe you were posting content, but once I ISO'ed, it sort of just disappeared. All you've accused hiplop so far was leading theamatuer and voting based on an empty case against you. It's the same way for him though, on how he's leading the wagon on Ghostlin without more evidence against Ghostlin. I looked back at hiplop's ISO. Early on, he just stated brief summaries of Ghostlin's posts and how they weren't useful AKA fluff. To me, it seems like you're both doing the same thing in a way.
Honestly, this whole debate is confusing me, but, I am inclined to keep to my word.

theamatuer wrote:
hiplop wrote:Not immediately. But if the wagon even shows a slight chance of disappearing, someone hammers. Ghostlin is a good player and i dont want him to weasel his way out of death.

AeRyung wrote:

Hiplop, you might have more experience than CS, but I'm voting for CS because people seem to favor him more at the moment. My love for you is the same.

no more wagon :(
REWAGONVOTE: ghostlin

L-1
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Stels »

EBWOP: Sorry about the last part, meant to say L-2, not L-1... Forgot that AeRyung unvoted.
FFS theamatuer. Again this L-2 crap.
Seriously guys, I'm fed up with this guy. He wasn't even on the wagon this whole time, he unvoted just so no one would hammer. Out of the remaining people here, no one would accidentally hammer. So it was safe to keep the vote on Ghostlin.
And, why would you vote just to keep a wagon there? If the votes were there initially, they would still end up there by the end of the day. He reeks of scum...
Please, I can't deal with this guy anymore.
Does no one really see what he's doing?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by hiplop »

CSL used to self-vote/self-hammer all the time as scum. You could look at his past games.

Probably, I just haven't ever seen it myself. Its still a null tell, though.

My case on ghostlin has reallly just evolved over time, at first it was a gut read, and now im sure hes scum.
third best scummer of all time
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Well, according to everybody, I am the ULTIMATE SCUM.
I can instantly brainwash someone to think I am town, as I have done with half the group already, and no matter how scummy I am at posting, I can never be lynched. I left the rest of you as simple toys for me to play with, while you get NK’d one by one. You are powerless to stop me, for no one will listen, and the only thing you can do is wallow in despair. I win for the sole purpose of showing you mortals your place, and my ultimate goal is to change the style of Mafia FOREVER.
Yes….
I AM THE FUCKING ANTI-JESUS!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

............ :P [/joke]

To stels: actually, Ghostlin could self-hammer to cut short our conversation if he was scum, and I was most afraid of that.
Its just whatever
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by AeRyung »

I know you guys have said that it's not good to look for scummy relations, because most of the time it's wrong, but this isn't just between two people... technically, it's three.

Bolded. Out of all the one's who left Darth's game, he was the only one that had the decency to give everyone a heads up. But also, the only one who actually cared about getting lynched.
Ibarra wrote:
Vote: COnsPiracy
for that avatar.

Anyway guys, let's start of with some RQS:
1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why?
2) Would you lynch lurkers?

3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis?
4) What is your stanch on using meta?

My answers:
1) Town but power role. It's exciting to find the odd ones out, but being plan vanilla is just boring.
2) I believe active lurking is a scumtell, so I would consider it a lynch possibility.
Passive lurking is more of the mod's territory.
3) I would use my gut to determine then analysis to point, but more often than not, my analysis turns out very off and I go back to my gut.
4) Meta is unreliable. People can change their meta, so I do not believe it is a useful way to scumhunt.

Ibarra wrote:
BKWM wrote:Also your Avatars look pretty similar to me, so if ConSpiracy should have a vote for his Avatar, why shouldn't you have one for yours?
Why do you seem too keen to jump on a RVS vote and question it immediately.
IGMEOY: BKWN

Bolded below. ConSpiracy himself has told me that this kind of action is.. buddying, i think? He said that I was trying to get approval from others that I am town, so what does this indicate?
ConSpiracy wrote:I know I am a SE, but I will help Ghostlin, our IC, some times. It's in my nature.
At first, every one without an avatar, please take one. It helps us connect with you.

Secondly, I'd like to ask some questions.
Ibarra wrote:Anyway guys, let's start of with some RQS:
1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why?
2) Would you lynch lurkers?
3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis?
4) What is your stanch on using meta?

5) What's your timezone?
6) What is your posting style: A few lengthy posts or a lot of small posts?
7) How much do you expect to post in this game?

1) Mafia/Third party. In my last few town games, my scumdar was that off that the games went horribly wrong. I am trying to improve in it and this game will tell how much.

2) No. Pressuring them to talk is a lot better.
3) Both. I prefer analysis, but can't ignore gut.
4) If damning evidence, yes. If very small, no.
5) GMT+1
6) A lot of small posts with here and there a lengthy with cases etc.
7) At least once a day. However, I am not home at the moment, so the first week it may be less.

BKWM wrote:To answer your questions Ibarra, I have never played Mafia before, so I don't know the answer to any of those. Also your Avatars look pretty similar to me, so if ConSpiracy should have a vote for his Avatar, why shouldn't you have one for yours?

Scared to vote?
Vote: BKWM

Ibarra FoS, then CS Votes.

Ibarra wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:
5) What's your timezone?
6) What is your posting style: A few lengthy posts or a lot of small posts?
7) How much do you expect to post in this game?

Answering the additional questions:
5) GMT+8
6) Case to case basis, but usually I don't post lengthily.
7) Once per day I hope, but sometimes I'm busy IRL. If I'm too busy that I don't post anymore, feel free to replace me.

Another note by Ibarra to make sure if he doesn't post, to replace him than to lynch him.

ConSpiracy wrote:
theamatuer wrote:
Ibarra wrote:The entire point of RVS is using your vote to draw out more information. (To see how other people react to it, etc.)

If that's the case, shouldn't it be better to bring someone to L-1, see how they react then move to each other person in order?

Let's find that out.
Vote: Ghostlin

A random vote just to see what happens because a newbie made an interesting point? It seems out of the CS character thus far.

This is a little conversation between Ibarra and CS. It was a disagreement, but it was pretty friendly. ConSpiracy and friendly does not go in the same sentence, I say!!!!
ConSpiracy wrote:
Ibarra wrote:Placing people at L-1 brings the possibility of a quick hammer and that's something we don't want, because:
1) They may prematurely end the day.
2) They may accidentally lynch a power role.
In summary, it's too risky to place someone at L-1 just to check their reaction.

Disagree. Off course having scum quickhammer means that we loose a townie with a high chance of a second one, but that means that we will lynch scum next day and possibly town at night, leaving town with at worst 4:1, at best 6:1. Coping with 4:1 with knowledge of a scumbuddy and still having the possibility of town PRs existing
with
information of two nights is a lot better than 2:9 with no information yet and only assured PRs.

Obviously it's better to have a quickhammer later in the day than having it at start for information. However it still outweighs not automatically lynching scum. And this is a lesson for every town: Do not quickhammer! If you are voting for somebody always check if he isn't accidentally lynched when voting.

Ibarra wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:Disagree. Off course having scum quickhammer means that we loose a townie with a high chance of a second one, but that means that we will lynch scum next day and possibly town at night, leaving town with at worst 4:1, at best 6:1. Coping with 4:1 with knowledge of a scumbuddy and still having the possibility of town PRs existing
with
information of two nights is a lot better than 2:9 with no information yet and only assured PRs.

But what if town quickhammers by mistake? I've experienced a game wherein a townie accidentally quickhammered and thus was lynched the following day. My point is that we should avoid going into L-1 just on a simple, "let's see how they react" to avoid accidents like what happened to the game I was playing in. We should only get someone to L-1 when we're sure that the target is suspicious enough to warrant a possible lynch.

ConSpiracy wrote:And this is a lesson for every town: Do not quickhammer! If you are voting for somebody always check if he isn't accidentally lynched when voting.

I cannot stress this point enough. Always use the Preview feature. Mafiascum sadly doesn't have the notification for when someone ninja's you.

Ibarra's interest in theam's vote on ConSpiracy.
Ibarra wrote:
theamatuer wrote:
unvote.
vote: ConSpiracy

lets start the L-2

Care to explain this vote?
Oddly enough, ConsPiracy also voted for you earlier.

@BKWM
You do know that by stating your plan out loud, you ruined its effectiveness.

Also:
Unvote

After page or so here is Ibarra's way of leaving
Ibarra wrote:
Mod: Please replace me. I can't seem to handle the pace of this game.

I forgot how the pace of the games here are faster compared to the ones I play at another forum.

ConSpiracy wrote:
Morthas wrote:
Ibarra wrote:Why are you trying to deter people from voting you by saying that you will post a lot. I find that suspicious.
Why aren't you replacing your RVS vote with a genuine one? I find THAT suspicious.

Good posting.

Yes, good posting. But what of it? For someone who is so opinionated, this is
very
quiet.
ConSpiracy wrote:
Morthas wrote:Who do you think is our scum? (Gut feelings are good too, some stances would be great).

Scum: Theam
Neutral/scum: Ibarra

Not enough reads for the others.

I find this weird because when CS usually finds a suspect, he questions, says his suspicions, whatever that seems wrong; he will let you know. Like so,
ConSpiracy wrote:
theamatuer wrote:unvote
vote: theamatuer

<.<>.>
.................................................what?

What is this crap?
Ghostlin wrote:A thing to remember, folks is we're on Page 5 of Day 1--Day 2 will not start well with as little information we have. Please, even though it may be tempting to vote BK or TM at this point and lynch, we don't have enough future information for tomorrow and following Days.

This reads as if you know both of them will flip town so town needs more information.
AeRyung wrote:I didn't vote in the beginning because like I said before, I knew that the vote count would go up, and I assumed that it might become a lynch that shouldn't have happened. But I just voted because BKWM has not posted in two days or so after he's gotten his vote counts up and I'm getting impatient ^^.

@Ghostlin: Ghostlin, you're rather confusing me as an experienced player. First, you say we shouldn't vote someone without a good amount of info to avoid an unnecessary lynch, that's why I didn't vote. Then, you point your finger at me for being cautious on my vote and not voting after suspecting BKWM. I don't understand your logic in that.

Still waiting on BKWM as well. WHERE ARE JOO FELLOW NOOB?

You must stop pulling the newb card, it is getting rather scummy.
Ghostlin wrote:I find it scummy that she held off until she did. It's like going "I think this person is scum but..." if you've got a scum suspect, you should be voting for them. If you don't, you're either obvactivelurking, about to be replaced, or have no opinion, none of which helps town at all.

This is true.

but Ibarra didn't get pressured at all when he was here. Nor did hiplop when arrived, not even once after all the suspicions against Ghostlin. Starting from page 6, hiplop starts to accuse Ghostlin. ConSpiracy disagrees, siding with Ghostlin. At this point there's an amatuer wagon: Ghostlin, Conspiracy, and Stels. On Ghostlin's wagon: hiplop, theam, aer. Then I remembered, scums don't necessarily have to be on the same wagon. They can be on different wagons and plot as they go. And knowing that hiplop and conspiracy has a good amount of experience, this is very doable.
ConSpiracy wrote:
theam wrote:It is because the IC's are supposed to help the newbies get accustomed to the game. The IC would then start to have a sense of reliability around him, and thus if you attack him, the newbies would turn towards you instead.

Seems scared to me. And that is a bad reason not to do it. Those five newbies aren't morons to protect their IC for something like this.

Bam, Hiplop's ticket to come in and take out Ghostlin. Basically, the start of my analysis started from the end of the thread, not from the beginning. Thinking about the possible partners, and saw how two people played with eachother, by switching off the partners for my analysis, hiplop-Conspiracy was what I got that was out of the ordinary suspicious. I suppose I did a bit much for a possibility but I thought I should say something about how I felt.

I still do feel Ghostlin is scummy, because in the beginning he has only accused and tunneled the newbies of the game with obvious scum tells and reasons that are very easy to pick on. Then the only experienced player he has accused was Hiplop after he has been continuously tunneled by him. Also the fact that he hasnt posted very much since his claim.

Stels, woosa. Besides the fact that he is completely oblivious to the course of his actions, do you truly TRULY believe he is scum?

Hiplop, can you tell me why you still think ghostlin is a scum even after reading his claim?

Ghostlin, after carefully analyzing eaach and every one of us, who do you think is the scummiest scum and why?

ConSpiracy, just waiting on your thoughts regarding what has happened so far. Case with ghostlin, case with hiplop that ghostlin has been trying to build, and also my case with you and hiplop.

Also, the reason why I took out the timezone part of the analysis is because Stels informed that scum can talk to eachother before the game starts, so that logic is out the window. But that's IF they talked before the game started. Anyways, whoever this first lynch may be on , it will give us more information than a no lynch. Other than that, I'm seeing circles.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by AeRyung »

EBWOP: stels, I'm talking about amatuer.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Johhog »

Stels, yes I'm fine with a Ghostlinlynch, as hiplop is only likely scum if he flips town. The list also was from like most to less likely.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Johhog »

Ugh, this game is confusing and I'm getting paranoid, I see scum everywhere.

AeRyung, do you think you could sum up your case against ConSpiracy in a few sentences? Sorry if I'm a little slow, but I don't get the main reason why he's scum.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by Johhog »

AeRyung wrote:Also, the reason why I took out the timezone part of the analysis is because Stels informed that scum can talk to eachother before the game starts, so that logic is out the window. But that's IF they talked before the game started.

Also, I see this as a weak scumtell, scum would want to act like they didn't know this.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by AeRyung »

Johhog wrote:Ugh, this game is confusing and I'm getting paranoid, I see scum everywhere.

AeRyung, do you think you could sum up your case against ConSpiracy in a few sentences? Sorry if I'm a little slow, but I don't get the main reason why he's scum.

Main reason why I think he is scum is because of his different behavior with hiplop, even if he has accused ghostlin from day once since he has been here. I am highly sensitive to people's behaviors that are addressed to me and to those around me, and I feel that CS is nice ONLY when he's being informative, and mostly when he speaks to hiplop. Favoritism, I say. Scummy.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by Johhog »

Hm, so buddying with hiplop? Will reread, and if you're right that is scummy indeed, but do you think it's enough to warrant a vote right now?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Johhog »

You're right AeRyung, good catch!

Personally I think it would be better if we lynched Theam or Ghostlin today though, preferably Ghostlin.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Morthas »

AeRyung wrote:Morthas, cuz all you do is ask questions and what you say doesn't really stand out, nor is "blantantly" scummy like me or theam, and your choice in words shows that you want to contribute. Majority of the people here seems to be looking for what seems to be, simply, scummy, and stick to it like bee on honey. I realized that by looking at it that way, you can only suspect majority of the people to be scum, and you can build your case by interrogating, but honestly all I see is tunneling, insults back and forth, somebody says something to piss someone off, and it becomes personal(are mafia games usually like this?). Along the way I found a different way to suspect scums... and surprisingly, by this method of thinking, I have a few suspicions on people that I have given a blind eye to before. Remember, this
isnt
a room full of newbies and one IC anymore, and this isn't really a newbie game (besides the lessons from ic's and se's) -_-, honestly, even the people who seems to have the power roles, I feel, cannot be trusted. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, is everyone rereading this thread? Not just to have evidence to back up your analysis on why you think your suspect that you've been tunneling is scum, but to analyze every character and their possible associates? After rereading this thread nearly 5 times in one sitting, I feel a hiplop-ConSpiracy scum team. I do recall you guys saying that it's not good to link two players together so early on but you need to see this. Go back to page 1, and read from there(starting with Ibarra and ConSpiracy). Pay attention to who they vote for, who they start suspicion on(they end up voting for different people, but it seems they choose accordingly to their favor), also, the connections in
every
move they make, how they handle situations, especially Ghostlin. Don't forget the questions on RVS. Can someone please tell me what use there is to know someone's Timezone other than having it handy for scums to know when they can chat together when night comes? I believe you only have 24 hours to talk with your fellow scum, it is crucial to know when you both are available, correct?

WHY U SO OBVTOWN?!
Edit: What?! People think that is a scummy post?! Wow. No.
DH-Star wrote:
Morthas wrote:Gotta love the way i am perceived to be neutral in all of my games.

I almost forgot about you. Now whether that's good or bad ... :P

Actually, Morthas was near the top of my Town list around the beginning of the game. However, he's practically disappeared these past 2 days, which has caught my eye.

Unvote
btw. Still going over Ghostlin/Hiplop. For the Town's sake, I hope Ghostlin doesn't flip Town because fingers would then be pointed at Hiplop, which I don't agree with since I think Hiplop is town regardless of what alignment Ghostlin is.

What can i say? I love getting wasted.
Stels wrote:You could do SOMETHING pro-town if you didn't lurk in all of my games. Posting fluff such as this^^

No u.

@AeRyu:
I am willing to believe that Hiplop is scum only if Ghostlin flips town. Concerning CS, well, I don't know, null.
Capitalism, ho
DH-Star
DH-Star
Townie
DH-Star
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 am

Post by DH-Star »

Err nice post. You get called on posting fluff and not doing anything for the Town and you don't even have anything to say to that, or anything to back that up.

Interesting :igmeou:
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Morthas »

DH-Star wrote:Err nice post. You get called on posting fluff and not doing anything for the Town and you don't even have anything to say to that, or anything to back that up.

Interesting :igmeou:

Yup.
Capitalism, ho
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 am

Post by hiplop »

AeRyung, I think if you look hard enough, you can find justr about anyone buddying with anyone (or bussing). I know I'm the one under fire; but I honestly don't see it. There's no change in tone that I notice, I suppose ConSpiracy could be scum, but I honestly doubt it right now.

Pretty much everything ghostlin has done; has been scummy. I'll make a re-case stating everything all in one if you want, though.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Morthas »

DO ET.
Capitalism, ho
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Yeah I am back. Due to family arrangements a day later than I should be back.

Stels wrote:@CS: #239, 2nd quote... Think he was referring to AeRyung as VI instead of VT. Which is kind of mean...
Or if he wasn't, that was sort of random, just like his entire character thus far.

Agreed.
AeRyung wrote:So was Ghostlin trying to buddy up here?

Nope. Saying that you won't vote for somebody because you don't think he's scum is not buddying up. Otherwise every one is buddying up with his town reads.
---
I like
Johhog
's anti-claim policy as it is exactly the way people should handle the claims.
---
TM wrote:If anyone wants, I can unvote to have someone fill my place, then I'll hammer him myself.

I really have to suppress myself not going to comment on this...
Stels wrote:I am ready to hammer Ghostlin. Hence my impatience with prodding him. He is my 2nd suspect after theamatuer.

Show me please where you said first that you thought Ghostlin scummy. I don't recall you saying that.
---
Ghostlin
's claim seems honest to me. His play matches a PR (more of a cop, though) His reasons for calling Hiplop scum are bad. And so is his connection spotting of hiplop and theam. I really doubt theam-hiplop will be a scum-team. I still call Ghost town.

Johhog
I am very interested in tomorrow. His play today was null and especially his posts about reads for tomorrow make me interested how he will play tomorrow.

Ghostlin
's post about sync-hiplop/theam is again wrong. I read it as theam buddying up to hiplop.

DH-star
's catch-up posts was lacking solid scum reads and a vote.
---

hiplop wrote:2) No, but ConSpiracy and I
(I think conspiracy at least)
will be fine in teaching you, I'm a qualified IC and all that jibber jabber

This feels odd, what do you mean with the bolded?
AeRyung wrote:Conspiracy, no matter how much of an asshole you are i do miss having some cs company.

Lawl. Thanks, I guess.
Hiplop wrote:Ever thought of the possibility that I'm just wrong? WIFOM aside, but do you really think I'd be so gutsy in my play?

This is very bad... This is the perfect line for scum to try to get away with a
"Oops, apparently I was wrong yesterday"
---
AeYrung
's first hiplop/CS buddy posts needs enters. (Seriously, use paragraphs next time. It is painful to read) It's a very town post though.

@AeRyung
: Why is this the first time you post in this style?

New
DH-star
's posts again lack firm reads. His wanted vote for Ghostlin is ungrounded (didn't mention Ghostlin's aligment at all AFAIK)
---
AeRyung wrote:To answer your questions, for the timezone, if it's a friendly question, "where is everyone from?" would be the normal question instead of asking for the timezone. It really isnt logical to ask someone their timezone, unless you're trying to calculate the time differences.

I haven't used the question, yet. I took these questions from another player, because I like them. The question can be used if the situation is stressful, such as a LyLo or a near-deadline.
---
Theam
's I am scum post is a scum tell. Scum like to claim scum. Town doesn't care about it.
---
AeRyung's long case

AeRyung wrote:Bolded below. ConSpiracy himself has told me that this kind of action is.. buddying, i think? He said that I was trying to get approval from others that I am town, so what does this indicate?

Not buddying, read above.
AeRyung wrote:Another note by Ibarra to make sure if he doesn't post, to replace him than to lynch him.

This is forced. Ibarra was a SE, so he had experience. He knew he wouldn't be lynched if inactive, but replaced instead.
AeRyung wrote:A random vote just to see what happens because a newbie made an interesting point? It seems out of the CS character thus far.

Reaction testing.
AeRyung wrote:This is a little conversation between Ibarra and CS. It was a disagreement, but it was pretty friendly. ConSpiracy and friendly does not go in the same sentence, I say!!!!

Lawl, it was game speculation and had hardly anything to do with the game itself.
Aeryung wrote:Yes, good posting. But what of it? For someone who is so opinionated, this is very quiet.

What Morthas did? His question was good.
AeRyung wrote:I find this weird because when CS usually finds a suspect, he questions, says his suspicions, whatever that seems wrong; he will let you know. Like so,

It was because of the above question from Morthas on Ibarra.
AeRyung wrote:but Ibarra didn't get pressured at all when he was here. Nor did hiplop when arrived, not even once after all the suspicions against Ghostlin. Starting from page 6, hiplop starts to accuse Ghostlin. ConSpiracy disagrees, siding with Ghostlin. At this point there's an amatuer wagon: Ghostlin, Conspiracy, and Stels. On Ghostlin's wagon: hiplop, theam, aer. Then I remembered, scums don't necessarily have to be on the same wagon. They can be on different wagons and plot as they go. And knowing that hiplop and conspiracy has a good amount of experience, this is very doable.

I do not question someone if he hasn't posted anything scummy. And the further text is moot and tunneling, because basicly every thing you were saying was "Scum may or may not be on the same wagon" and used that as a reason for us two scum.
AeRyung wrote:Bam, Hiplop's ticket to come in and take out Ghostlin. Basically, the start of my analysis started from the end of the thread, not from the beginning. Thinking about the possible partners, and saw how two people played with eachother, by switching off the partners for my analysis, hiplop-Conspiracy was what I got that was out of the ordinary suspicious. I suppose I did a bit much for a possibility but I thought I should say something about how I felt.

This is the first thing that makes sense to me. There is just one thing I want you to ask, do you really thing we schemed this all without talking to each other out of the game? It is really far fetched.
AeRyung wrote:ConSpiracy, just waiting on your thoughts regarding what has happened so far. Case with ghostlin, case with hiplop that ghostlin has been trying to build, and also my case with you and hiplop.

Yeah, Yeah... I don't have infinite time you know. And there was a lot to comment on.
Morthas wrote:Edit: What?! People think that is a scummy post?! Wow. No.

Point out who thought that. Strawman.

Anyways, Morthas flows under the radar with minimum activity. That's bad.

Scum: theam
Null/Leaning scum: DH-Star, Morthas
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Johhog »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Ghostlin
's claim seems honest to me. His play matches a PR (more of a cop, though).

EXACTLY THIS. Why didn't I catch it earlier? Ofc he wanted to set up a solid cop claim for later but then he came closer to be lynched (and cop claims D1 usually get lynched) and decided to claim JK instead!

VOTE: Ghostlin

No hammering yet, let's wait at least a couple of days.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 am

Post by hiplop »

He claimed JK because I posted "I guarentee hes going to claim cop or doc", Its another (albeit smaller] reason hes scum.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 am

Post by hiplop »

DH why are you scared of bussing your partner? You've said you find him scummy ever since you replaced in, yet you haven't acted on this suspicion.. at all. In fact you haven't said WHY you think hes scummy, all you have done is sheep me.

Even more confident In my original thoughts atm.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Morthas »

CS wrote:@Morthas:Point out who thought that. Strawman.

Sure thing Mr.I-Pay-Minimal-Attention-When-I-Read.
DH wrote:That's great that you've found a scum machine and have some suspicions, but that tells us absolutely nothing and
makes it seem like you're just posting to make it seem like you're doing something.

Hiplop wrote:
AeR's latest post doesn't seem real to me, forced would be a good word to describe it.
Pretty much what I see is "These players look good, im going to try and get a BW on them". Ghosty/AeR or Ghosty/DH. Possibly Ghosty/Johhog, still using my scumdar to detect the buddy.

Looks very like ''I don't like AeR's post'' kind of posts to me.
What is a Strawman? Wiki says one thing but i don't think my behavior is similar to such.
CS wrote:Anyways,
Morthas flows under the radar
with minimum activity. That's bad.

You tell me, I'm starting to complain about it. My minimum activity is only associated with my social life and nothinghavetosayness. I ask my questions that further my reads, and I research suspects before placing my vote on them, I don't see what's wrong with my play. If you do, I'm willing to listen.

Also: I might have missed this but how is Ghostlin's play in any way an indicator about the validity of his claim. I don't see why should a power role play in a certain way.
Capitalism, ho

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”