Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Maruchan »

Tovarish wrote:Maruchan- You're at a whopping L-5 and you're already refusing to defend yourself? I'm willing to see the town oblige you.

according to my main attacker, I thought town are supposed to be willing to die?

Isn't that his biggest case against Whiskers? That Whiskers defended herself?

so let me get this straight.

Defending yourself when attacked is scummy
Refusing to defend oneself when attacked is scummy.

How can I possibly react to an attack without being scummy in that scenario?
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Panacea »

I would still really like to know why Bob claimed. I understand being at L-2 and knowing he wouldn't be on much the next day. But Bob, did you really think you'd be quick-hammered? I can't get behind Bob as the Cop.

Noramp wrote:I understand why townBob claimed at L-2 even not at L-1 it was obvious that he was the main choice for D1. We could all see the writing on the wal
Actually, a considerable amount of attention was building in favor of a Musicninja lynch, wasn't it?

bobsnox wrote:
Whiskers wrote:However, Bobsnox lynch won't happen today (probably), because he made a bullshit PR claim.
Your logic is poopy. If it's a bad claim I would be lynched. But it's not. So I'm wondering why you're insinuating that it's bad but you're not willing to lynch me. Don't want to mislynch the cop, eh scum?
On this. Is it worth losing a PR this early in a 13-player game for a cc?

Noramp wrote:Scumhunter/Panacea who are you looking at right now? I'm assuming your LTP vote is pure pressure (correct me if I'm wrong)
You're right, at least for me. I was going to take it off, but I see that Scumhunter already has, and I really do want this slot to come in under at least some level of pressure. I might need to consider the possibility that this plan might not happen today. Bobsnox. I'm also getting some weird vibes from Maruchan and Whiskers, which I'll go into later.

Maruchan wrote:I think he is scum, and he is inactive so it becomes even more beneficial to lynch him.
Oh dear... Maruchan, that was our scum defense in 1122, when we got Vader mislynched and we actually
were
like 24 hours from deadline. :?

Iamausername wrote:well this is tiresome.
I'm sorry to keep nagging you, Iam. But after Maruchan, I have the most experience with you, and I know that you play a really good town game. You had me scared in our game together. Please try to contribute more?

OH! On Whiskers's reverse-OMGUS thing a while back:
@Whiskers and Maruchan (separately): If you are town, you need to seriously consider that the other is scum. There is definitely buddying going on here. Reading over your posts, you're both too entwined. If you're not scumbuddies, one of you is town. I suppose it's possible that you're both town, but I've never seen that. This is the scum-tactic that has screwed me in town roles every single time: scum wins by manipulating you and gaining allies. Telling you you're town to them, defending you from suspicion, are effective ways to do that.

Jeeze! I went to submit this and caught like fifteen posts that would've ninja'd me!

Whiskers wrote:A Town-aligned player wouldn't lurk, wouldn't leave
Actually, isn't it accepted that most players who abandon are Vanilla, because they enjoy their roles less?
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Maruchan »

Whiskers wrote:
Tovarish wrote:You also think he is dumb. Cool, but unrelated?

On an un-related note I'm actually not dumb. I skipped 6th grade, and I just last month got a perfect score on my Navy ASVAB and am going in as a Nuclear Engineer thanks to my perfect score.

In other words: Not Dumb.

Panacea wrote:Oh dear... Maruchan, that was our scum defense in 1122, when we got Vader mislynched and we actually were like 24 hours from deadline. :?

Oh it was? In that case do you really think I would be stupid enough as scum to use the exact same strategy I used as scum-partners with someone else in the game who is town? (inb4 this gets called a WIFOM like every other statement I made in that game that wasn't a WIFOM)

Panacea wrote:@Whiskers and Maruchan (separately): If you are town, you need to seriously consider that the other is scum. There is definitely buddying going on here. Reading over your posts, you're both too entwined. If you're not scumbuddies, one of you is town. I suppose it's possible that you're both town, but I've never seen that. This is the scum-tactic that has screwed me in town roles every single time: scum wins by manipulating you and gaining allies. Telling you you're town to them, defending you from suspicion, are effective ways to do that.

I am keeping this in mind dw. Like I have said now, I just want to worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Why? I will tell you tomorrow.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Maruchan »

also on an off-note: Playing 3 games at once in order to spend more time playing doesn't work very well when 2 of those three are both in night-phases. On a plus note, this game has picked up its tempo in the past 24 hours so that now I am at least mildly entertained! :D
Show
Join Now!

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

IKR?

Also, with my whole thing about" a town player wouldn't lurk or leave":
Panacea, I thought that drops were mostly due to newbscum that couldn't handle the pressure (or something). I don't know, I don't know where to look up the stats, either.
Noramp: I don't, 100%. But like I said, a town player is a town PLAYER. If you are not playing, then you are not a town player, no matter which alignment you are.
Also, like I said, if you are not PLAYING I will do my very best to not ever have to play with you again.
Of course, people with actual stuff are exempt from this-- people who check in and say it beforehand, or have really extreme circumstnaces.

In this case, MusicNinja Transferred in, looked scummy, and disappeared.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:While I do, what do you think of a Substrike22, Tovy, Monk team?
Just for speculation. I know some players have had suspicions of Monk, I've got a bad gut feeling about Tovy. I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

Hey Whiskers literally spelled out a Chainsaw as her reason to suspect me

Edit: to remove the "T" typo at the top of the post.
Last edited by Substrike22 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Whiskers »

I'm going to infer the meaning of "Chainsaw", and say, "Yeah, sure."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Whiskers »

(It's either that or buckets full of Omgus.)

And neither one means that you're NOT Mafia-aligned.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Noramp »

Whiskers why did you defend Maruchan so hard? Why do you think he is town to the extent of going into a frenzy to defend him?
Yarr Owlbear!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Whiskers »

Where did I defend him?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Whiskers »

Sorry, let me rephrase that: Where did I defend him? I think he's town, but anypony who agrees with me gets free scumpoints.

If I'm making a valid case, I'd bet that I'm scum. If I'm not making valid points, but somepony is agreeing with me, I'd bet he's scum.

I'm not confident that Maruchan is town, but right now I'm drowning a little bit in my Omgus toward substrike22.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Noramp »

Whiskers wrote:I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

Here it seems that Substrike finds himself on the side of scummy simply because he voted for Maruchan?
Yarr Owlbear!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Whiskers »

I think Substrike already brought that up. Read the thread?

That's not why I find him scummy, but it something I chose to point out. I think greatest reason why I find him scummy is the fact that he's pushing for me. Over other players, he wants me lynched. That's OMGUS, so I didn't bring it up.

Sigh! I'll go and read his ISO, if I find something good I'll post it.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Maruchan wrote:
...according to my main attacker, I thought town are supposed to be willing to die?...

-----------------------edited------------------------

...Isn't that his biggest case against Whiskers? That Whiskers defended herself?...

Yes. And it is town in my opinion. VT's are made to die for the town's info particularly for D1/D2, imho. So I don't see your willingness to die as scummy, on the contrary. That being said I still think you're scum.

And my biggest case against Whiskers is that for the first 1-6 pages she defended, defended, defended, and didn't scum hunt at all. That was my biggest complaint with her play at the beginning. She's way too interested in self preservation to be town, unless she's a PR, which I believe is unlikely at this point in time. (to be clear I don't want her to claim at this point if she is, lest I be accused of rolefishing.)

Also I understand she attempted to clarify the three points which you obviously don't agree with, but you have to understand that I'm skeptical of most explanations because they've always got a self-preservation mode behind them. I conceded the point I thought she won on, but still hold her to be scummy for the other two reasons and her dedication to self preservation.

I don't think you're an idiot, I never really meant to make this personal with you or Whiskers. Just doing scumhunting in the only ways I know how. Don't claim to be all knowing here, I just don't trust people's motivations in telling me to change my mind.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:I think Substrike already brought that up. Read the thread?

That's not why I find him scummy, but it something I chose to point out. I think greatest reason why I find him scummy is the fact that he's pushing for me. Over other players, he wants me lynched. That's OMGUS, so I didn't bring it up.

Sigh! I'll go and read his ISO, if I find something good I'll post it.

So... the two main scum points against me, from your perspective, are that I've:
1) Voted/Pushed for you. (OMGUS, as you've said)
and
2) Voted/Pushed for the person defending you, Maruchan. (Chainsaw)

Then, after this was brought up by a neutral observer, you start to go look for posts that would make me actually look scummy? That's not going to be unbiased at all.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Noramp »

My bad you're right Whiskers Substrike did bring it up unfortunately you didn't really say much about it when he did. Can you just clarify what you meant in that quote if that wasn't the reason you felt he was scummy and I suppose more to the point...

Whiskers wrote:That's not why I find him scummy, but it something I chose to point out

Why did you feel the need to point it out?
Yarr Owlbear!
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote count 1.9

(5) MusicNinja: Friend, bobsnox, Whiskers, Maruchan, iamausername [L-2]

(2) Maruchan: Substrike22, monk [L-5]

(1) LTP Mafia: Panacea [L-6]

(1) Whiskers: LTP Mafia [L-6]

(1) bobsnox: Friend [L-6]

(3) Not Voting: MusicNinja, Tovarish, Noramp, Scumhunter

With
alive it will take
to lynch

Tovarish, your vote was not on a seperate line. I counted it, but in the future please put your vote on a seperate line as it helps me to see it.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by monk »

Noramp wrote:Maruchan is perhaps being anti town and annoying but I'm not sure that he's scum. He's coming off as frustrated new town to me. The whole fight seemed to be between town.
UNVOTE: I'll take Music off of L-1 seeing as it isn't really helping anything as we wait for a replacement.

However, monk's last post comes off as feigning frustration which only scum would have to do.

No it's frustration at what I think he's done which is softclaim some form of PR without actually pointing out which post he did it in got a bit tangled :?
Maruchan, for future reference you shouldn't do that, well I don't like people doing that when there's no reason to.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Friend »

Maruchan v. Substrike comes off as REALLY town on town.

But the folks egging them on from the sidelines are scummy as hell (looking at you, Tovarish/monk).

Anyways, guys, here are the 5 people that we are possibly going to lynch today, in my order of preference:

MUSICNINJA
PANACEA
TOVARISH
LTP MAFIA
MONK

There's GOT to be 2 scum in that group, maybe 3 if bobsnox is telling the truth. But shit, guys, come on.

Who the fuck do you want to lynch today, and don't say anyone not on that list.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by monk »

Friend wrote:Maruchan v. Substrike comes off as REALLY town on town.

But the folks egging them on from the sidelines are scummy as hell (looking at you, Tovarish/monk).

Anyways, guys, here are the 5 people that we are possibly going to lynch today, in my order of preference:

MUSICNINJA
PANACEA
TOVARISH
LTP MAFIA
MONK

There's GOT to be 2 scum in that group, maybe 3 if bobsnox is telling the truth. But shit, guys, come on.

Um, how exactly am I egging, I guess substrike on?
Since I have basically come out and said what pissed me off about maruchan's play
UNVOTE:
Tovarish is new, why do you think Tovarish is scummy?
Other than that you have an active player and two people who are totally checked out on this game, LTP hasn't posted in this thread in 9 days and Music in 6 I fail to see how most if not all of the scum team is MiA. Oportunistic reads are opportunistic!!
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Friend »

monk wrote:Maruchan!!! You know you've painted a bullseye on yourself with your whatever the hell it was, right? not to mention the whole fight with substrike wtf dude, I mean seriously! If you are town you are being anti-town and should pull your freaking head in. In fact
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maruchan

Yo monk.

Being new and lurking are not towntells.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Maruchan »

monk wrote:
Noramp wrote:Maruchan is perhaps being anti town and annoying but I'm not sure that he's scum. He's coming off as frustrated new town to me. The whole fight seemed to be between town.
UNVOTE: I'll take Music off of L-1 seeing as it isn't really helping anything as we wait for a replacement.

However, monk's last post comes off as feigning frustration which only scum would have to do.

No it's frustration at what I think he's done which is softclaim some form of PR without actually pointing out which post he did it in got a bit tangled :?
Maruchan, for future reference you shouldn't do that, well I don't like people doing that when there's no reason to.

I don't think I did do that? O.o

For the info: if anyone here thinks I am counterclaim a PR, I am not claiming any role whatsoever. Even if you guys lynch me, I won't claim. Why? I simply don't feel like it. I won't make allusions to being a PR or beign a VT.

Tomorrow however, I will be happy to tell everyone my role 100%, if I live that long.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Friend wrote:Maruchan v. Substrike comes off as REALLY town on town.

MUSICNINJA
PANACEA
TOVARISH
LTP MAFIA
MONK

Not Panacea, although I agree with your comment that me and substrike is more likely town on town than him being scum.

I still agree with a musicninja lynch, but if you care to point out by way of wall-of-text why one of them is uber-scummy, I might concede with lynching the scummiest.
Show
Join Now!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Friend »

Maruchan wrote:Even if you guys lynch me, I won't claim. Why? I simply don't feel like it.

This is fairly anti-town, bro. Doesn't deserve a vote because you're town but just sayin'.

PEDIT: I don't do walls. I'll do it quick. BRB.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Noramp wrote:My bad you're right Whiskers Substrike did bring it up unfortunately you didn't really say much about it when he did. Can you just clarify what you meant in that quote if that wasn't the reason you felt he was scummy and I suppose more to the point...

Whiskers wrote:That's not why I find him scummy, but it something I chose to point out

Why did you feel the need to point it out?

Substrike himself answered this question in the immediately preceeding post.
All the other "evidence" I have against him is a bucket of Omgus.

Friend, why the hell am I not on your scumlist?

Also, I like you scumlist, and I'd like you to explain it. The only problem with that is, it lets any scum on that list go free.
ALSO, monk is not incorrect, those DO look very oppourtunistic. So, I guess I will ask you to explain them. Why Tovy, LTP, and MusicNinja?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”