Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Maruchan wrote:For the info: if anyone here thinks I am counterclaim a PR, I am not claiming any role whatsoever. Even if you guys lynch me, I won't claim. Why? I simply don't feel like it. I won't make allusions to being a PR or beign a VT.

Tomorrow however, I will be happy to tell everyone my role 100%, if I live that long.

I don't trust this. I especially don't trust the bolded part.

Also, that is pretty much a softclaim of a PR, what you were JUST TOLD NOT TO DO.
Because you wouldn't claim scum.
Because you wouldn't hide-the-reveal Vanilla.

But more than that, I don't like/trust it because you will have a much smaller pool of roles to falseclaim at that point.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Whiskers »

(by which I mean, you won't have to worry about claiming, say, doc, then accidentally Nightkilling the real doc, outting yourself. Instead, you can accidentally Nightkill the real doc and go "Oh, well... I'm a cop!"
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Friend »

MusicNinja wrote:So far, Whiskers seems the most scummy to me. However, I do NOT like the bandwaggon that is starting to form on him. It's way too early in the day to lynch somebody. We need to give him a good chance to defend himself. Hasty votes lead to loses. We also need to decide what we should do IF we lynch Whiskers and he flips town. Who is the next suspect? What if he flips scum? Who do we think his parters are? As scummy as he seems, we should not hammer whiskers yet. There is still much work to be done today as far as scum hunting.

Telling the town what to do without doing shit about it himself.

"Hey guys, here's the pro-town thing to do! Now go do it!"

MusicNinja wrote:Almost positive you're mafia now.

With no vote. Knew it was going to be a mislynch?

MusicNinja wrote:
Remember, when you're town, you're doing real investigating and making real cases
, but when you're scum, you have to manufacture votes from thin air. Seems like that's what you just did, unless you can make an ACTUAL case against me, other than the fact that I suspected you, so you automatically don't like me.

Yet again.

I'm too lazy to quote the rest of his ISO but there's a huge pattern of "We need evidence to lynch! No votes!" and then NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT HIMSELF.

@Whiskers: You're not on it cause you're town.

About LTP, his one post gives me hella scum vibes and he's lurking which is generally a shitty thing to do as town. Notice he's down there on the list, though.

I'll get back to you on Tova.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by monk »

Friend wrote:
monk wrote:Maruchan!!! You know you've painted a bullseye on yourself with your whatever the hell it was, right? not to mention the whole fight with substrike wtf dude, I mean seriously! If you are town you are being anti-town and should pull your freaking head in. In fact
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maruchan

Yo monk.

Being new and lurking are not towntells.

Well being here a long time and continually wanting lynches on people who are being replaced are not town tells either, seriously, pretty much all you've done all game is complain at why we haven't lynched the easiest lynches of any of them, I call them easy because they are either not playing well/defending themselves horribly (whiskers) or not here to defend themselves (Musicninja/LTP MAFIA) grow a pair and find someone scummy for what they have said not because they're totally checked out on this game. Not to mention the fact that Music's slot is two-deep replacement wise, I'm thinking this is more inidcative of a VT slot than a mafia slot.

However I do agree with your case on Music, that those are scummy things to do, I just think we need to hear from his replacement (if we get one) before he's lynched.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Friend »

monk wrote:grow a pair and find someone scummy for what they have said not because they're totally checked out on this game.

You fucking kidding me dude?

Also when the HELL did I call Whiskers scum outside of the early stages of the game? You were on the fucking Whiskers wagon at the same time as me.

Saying "easy lynches" is NOT A FUCKING SCUMTELL. PEOPLE ARE SCUMMY FOR A FUCKING REASON AND CALLING THEM OUT FOR IT IS NOT A DAMN SCUMTELL.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Friend wrote:
MusicNinja wrote:So far, Whiskers seems the most scummy to me. However, I do NOT like the bandwaggon that is starting to form on him. It's way too early in the day to lynch somebody. We need to give him a good chance to defend himself. Hasty votes lead to loses. We also need to decide what we should do IF we lynch Whiskers and he flips town. Who is the next suspect? What if he flips scum? Who do we think his parters are? As scummy as he seems, we should not hammer whiskers yet. There is still much work to be done today as far as scum hunting.

Telling the town what to do without doing shit about it himself.

"Hey guys, here's the pro-town thing to do! Now go do it!"

MusicNinja wrote:Almost positive you're mafia now.

With no vote. Knew it was going to be a mislynch?

MusicNinja wrote:
Remember, when you're town, you're doing real investigating and making real cases
, but when you're scum, you have to manufacture votes from thin air. Seems like that's what you just did, unless you can make an ACTUAL case against me, other than the fact that I suspected you, so you automatically don't like me.

Yet again.

I'm too lazy to quote the rest of his ISO but there's a huge pattern of "We need evidence to lynch! No votes!" and then NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT HIMSELF.

@Whiskers: You're not on it cause you're town.

About LTP, his one post gives me hella scum vibes and he's lurking which is generally a shitty thing to do as town. Notice he's down there on the list, though.

I'll get back to you on Tova.

I didn't need the list on music, I'm already all for a music lynch! :P
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I like this guy more and more. [/filler post]
[PreEdit]
That was about Friend. Damn you, Maruchan, for ninja'ing me!!
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Friend »

Oh, Maru.

Well Music is still the scummiest for all the people not on his wagon.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Friend »

Whiskers I don't want to make a case on Tova today when I don't realllly want to lynch him unless there's a good amount of pre-existing support for it from the town.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Noramp »

Whiskers wrote:Substrike himself answered this question in the immediately preceeding post.

So you were attempting a chainsaw defense?
Yarr Owlbear!
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Friend and Maruchan: Calm. Down.

Both of you came into this game looking very much differently than you do now. Maruchan, you were all smiles and flirtations now you're being obstinate, irritable and all kinds of touchy. Friend, you were the strong, silent, and sexy that Whiskers apparently had to change the bedding in his stall every now and then. Now you're doing all kinds of yelling and cussing here, there, and about, with a sense of urgency that rather belies the fact that we have nine days left in this Day. Speaking of time, it's been a whole week (in about an hour) since MusicNinja posted. And a week and a half since LTP Mafia posted. Our able Moderator himself admitted that he should be monitoring the activity more often. Since we seem to be past the point of prodding, and it will take even more time to replace the gentlemen in question, it would certainly not be unreasonable to labor under the assumption that more time shall become available, should we seek it collectively.

In the meantime- if you have a case against me, permit me to quote Joseph Ducreaux "Advance towards my person, brother."
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Early in the game I was trying to not make the mistake of my last replace-in by coming in full power and permanently painting a scum target on my forehead. :P
Show
Join Now!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Friend »

You're right, Tova. I have gotten a little flustered.

It's just frustrating when there's such an incredible town v. town fight going on right now that's really taking attention away from the scum.

I don't have a case against you for today, Tova, like I've said. There's definitely people that deserve the rope more than you do, but I find you fairly scummy.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Friend, I only fight when I'm asked. keep that in mind. I haven't been the tip of the sword leading any of these epic battles. :P
Show
Join Now!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Friend »

Saying the substrike v. Maru fight was town v. town implies that I think you're town, Maru.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I know, I was just clarifying that I didn't start it. :P
Show
Join Now!

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Maru, it might be in the town's best interest if you would lead the sword tip, metaphor, metaphor, etc.
Aslo, stop ending your posts with a smilie, it's making me rage.

There is something Off about Tovy.

Noramp wrote:
Whiskers wrote:Substrike himself answered this question in the immediately preceeding post.

So you were attempting a chainsaw defense?

Okay, tell me what the hell a"Chainsaw" defense is first, then I'll tell you if I was doing that.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Noramp »

ok whiskers you are starting to make me rage. You tell me to read the thread which i had done and now ive redone. So I will start over.

I originally asked you why you defended Maruchan. You asked for a specific point I brought up a point. You said it had been discussed already. I really beg to differ. You just accepted whatever Substrike said without acknowledging what he was talking about and in the end admitted that you defended Maruchan through a scum tactic, known as a chainsaw defense (attacking the attacker of your scum partner, if anyone has a better definition feel free to give it). So now I'll ask you again why did you defend Maruchan and what makes you so sure that Maruchan is town to the extent that Substrike is scummy for voting him?
Yarr Owlbear!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Kay. That's not what I thought the "chainsaw defense" was and the name doesn't fit with the tactic in any way, as far as I can tell. I figured it was "chain" and then "saw" just added a cool effect and it caught on.

No, I accused Substrike22 along with the other two voting for Maruchan because they made three ducks in a line.

I don't recall defending Maruchan. I won't say I didn't do it, but I really don't remember, and I don't think I did. Give me a minute, I'll go back through my ISO and look for Maru-defending.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Friend »

Chainsaw defense is attacking someone else's attacker. It's completely irrelevant without flips, though, Noramp, so stop using as a tell until there are some.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:Kay. That's not what I thought the "chainsaw defense" was and the name doesn't fit with the tactic in any way, as far as I can tell. I figured it was "chain" and then "saw" just added a cool effect and it caught on.

No, I accused Substrike22 along with the other two voting for Maruchan because they made three ducks in a line.

I don't recall defending Maruchan. I won't say I didn't do it, but I really don't remember, and I don't think I did. Give me a minute, I'll go back through my ISO and look for Maru-defending.

A page ago you said your main reasons for voting me were a bucketful of OMGUS and (in an earlier post) my vote on Maruchan. I was also the first one to throw a vote on Maruchan so I don't understand the ducks in a line analogy.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by monk »

Substrike22 wrote:
Whiskers wrote:Kay. That's not what I thought the "chainsaw defense" was and the name doesn't fit with the tactic in any way, as far as I can tell. I figured it was "chain" and then "saw" just added a cool effect and it caught on.

A page ago you said your main reasons for voting me were a bucketful of OMGUS and (in an earlier post) my vote on Maruchan. I was also the first one to throw a vote on Maruchan so I don't understand the ducks in a line analogy.

He's saying that he thinks we're all scum with day talk
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Panacea »

Friend, I'm on your scum lost, but I can't find your case. Could you either link me or post it so I can respond, or is it gut?

Also, I don't think it's a great idea to give us your scum list, then tell us to pick only someone from that list. On the bright side, if you flip scum, that list will probably ne revealing. Ever the optimist. :P

I agree with sexy Tovarish on his #435.

If there's no LTP replace by tomorrow night, I'm moving my vote. Though to be honest, it'll likely end up back on the replacee unless I'm sold on anyone first.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by bobsnox »

UNVOTE: music
VOTE: whiskers

noramp - ^

panacea - yep

It's time for a lynching. I know who I'm investigating tonight if I live/don't get roleblocked, etc.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by Panacea »

Um... Oh, boy. This is going to sound moronic, but Bobsnox, to what are you answering "yep"? I've just iso'd myself and found like three questions to which you could be responding. If you were trying to be subtle, I apologize for missing it. :oops:
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”