David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Applying pressure and feeling people out is an integral part of this game.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Junpei wrote:We were just discussing other reads...

THIS is the problem.

You are getting WAY ahead of yourselves. Concentrate on the day at hand, not arguing who is scum that you want to lynch D4 assuming no flips from here on out. Try and get the straggler votes voting for your top pick and please stop getting in page on page on page debates about somepony who you aren't even voting.

David Xanatos wrote:Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Applying pressure and feeling people out is an integral part of this game.

Succinctness is also part of the game. Learn it.

Way to much anger, way too little pony. Time to find something cute to balance this all out.

Ok maybe not "cute" but I don't have many cute pics.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Your way, we go into D3 with a lot less information. That's a bad thing. Your way, we're relying too much on the Night game. We have deadlines for a reason, and we're nowhere near ours.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

David Xanatos wrote:Your way, we go into D3 with a lot less information. That's a bad thing. Your way, we're relying too much on the Night game. We have deadlines for a reason, and we're nowhere near ours.

Too much information does exist and we are kicking that wall down right now. We need a lynch, we need a night phase. Which of Silver, Andrew and Izak is scummiest and why?
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Junpei »

Rainbowdash wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:Your way, we go into D3 with a lot less information. That's a bad thing. Your way, we're relying too much on the Night game. We have deadlines for a reason, and we're nowhere near ours.

Too much information does exist and we are kicking that wall down right now. We need a lynch, we need a night phase. Which of Silver, Andrew and Izak is scummiest and why?

Andrew for reasons stated but silver is a close second for reasons stated. However scum andrew is simply neighborizer whereas scum silver may be something better.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Andrew, already given my reasons, and had my vote on him before Pere. Would like to see pressure on Pere though to contribute more though.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Rainbowdash wrote:
Succinctness is also part of the game. Learn it.

Oh, you are one of those blowhards who whines about succinctness. Now I see why your every post grates like fingernails on the chalkboard when I read them.

I'll be back in the morning with some reads and short posts. Too much spamtastic back and forths. Congrats everyone you've killed my interest in the game. I didn't think that was possible.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by hiplop »

Jason, I'm sorry to do this; but I would like to request a replacement, I really tried to keep up with this game, But I've fallen so far behind that I feel I am a liability more than anything. I really am sorry :cry:
third best scummer of all time
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

How would a replacement fare any better in this situation? o_0

Can't you just take a couple days and read everything? Hell, even skimming's better than nothing.
~ David Xanatos ~

izakthegoomba
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by killerjester »

Dispersing our votes over 9 different players ultimately accomplishes nothing. I think Andrew and Oversoul are both meritable wagons, and Oversoul...well he's V/LA I guess. Rest assured, I'm saving my flak for him when he returns.

So let's get down to brass tacks. Who is strongly opposed to an andrew lynch? And why?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ andrew:

1. Why did you recruit someone you had a scumread on, even one not set in stone, if you wanted to keep the integrity of the neighborhood?
You say you were worried, night 1 for example, that the person you recruited might have been scum, and that they could have exploited the knowledge of you and moi as neighbors and that is why you considered not recruiting. Therefore why wouldn't you want to recruit someone you were almost certain was town?

2. When did you start considering MoI as potential scum?

3. Why did you recruit MoI in the first place? (apologies if you've already answered that)
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Meransiel »

Ok. I will try to say this plainly so you all get the point.

There are 2 kinds of mafia:

1. Without daytalk.
2. With daytalk.

This affects various parameters, one of which is, how a mafia neighborizer would act.

1. In case 1: Obviously, he would play it safe and neighborize HIS OWN TEAM. Which means that if andrew is scum then MoI is scum. Which is a massive leap that I will not make.
2. In case 2: Only benefit of neighborizing would be to get people to trust you well enough that you may get role information from them. MoI is not that kind of person.

That being said, and because you guys apparently don't care about shotty for some apparent reason,

VOTE: Silver

Andrew is not dying. I don't want to not be able to stop another mislynch like yesterday, feels like my fault anyway.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Banshee »

@Meransiel:
Do you think it very likely that there are two town neighbourisers in this game? Both chose MoI as their first recruit, so your argument only holds up if you think both neighbourisers must be town. That said, I don't know how common having two town neighbourisers would be.

@MagnaOfIllusion:
Based on the private discussion, are you certain enough that Andrew is scum that you'd be willing to vote him, or is it more a hunch than a firm read?

I don't want to vote Silver. I will to avoid a no-lynch or if he does something scummy enough but right now I don't have any confidence that he's scum. It's not a town read either. I'm just not sure enough.

I'm going to do a read on Izak. My schedule is busy right now but I'll work on that as I can.
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Banshee: That is exactly what I think, yes. Also, don't bother with izak. Rather, ISO Rodion. Hint hint.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Junpei »

Meransiel wrote:Ok. I will try to say this plainly so you all get the point.

There are 2 kinds of mafia:

1. Without daytalk.
2. With daytalk.

This affects various parameters, one of which is, how a mafia neighborizer would act.

1. In case 1: Obviously, he would play it safe and neighborize HIS OWN TEAM. Which means that if andrew is scum then MoI is scum. Which is a massive leap that I will not make.
2. In case 2: Only benefit of neighborizing would be to get people to trust you well enough that you may get role information from them. MoI is not that kind of person.

That being said, and because you guys apparently don't care about shotty for some apparent reason,

VOTE: Silver

Andrew is not dying. I don't want to not be able to stop another mislynch like yesterday, feels like my fault anyway.

I understand your logic perfectly except for the fact that Andrew, if he's town, would be a VI. In no uncertain terms, Andrew is not someone guaranteed to take the smartest route when doing anything in this game.

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Banshee »

Meransiel wrote:@Banshee: That is exactly what I think, yes. Also, don't bother with izak. Rather, ISO Rodion. Hint hint.

You realise my main case has been on Rodion since I entered the game, right?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Junpei »

Banshee wrote:
Meransiel wrote:@Banshee: That is exactly what I think, yes. Also, don't bother with izak. Rather, ISO Rodion. Hint hint.

ThatsTheJoke.jpg

Also third party neighborizer is out of the question right? Sounds like a lame role to have but is something to think about?

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Banshee »

Junpei wrote:Also third party neighborizer is out of the question right? Sounds like a lame role to have but is something to think about?

I have no idea, sorry.
I have no experience with neighbourisers and limited experience with unconfirmed masons, which I personally found to be useless to and dangerous for town. Others with more experience may have different opinions.
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Banshee »

Double post because I just remembered this:

@Junpei:

Who was this directed toward, please?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Junpei »

You, I thought you were being condescending, may have just been my attitude when I read it in my head though, when Thadmiral said what he said shortly after I got a little embarrassed because I thought that I overreacted. My apologies.

Also, is it fair to say that in the event there is at least 1 scum neighborizer, at the very least that scum faction has day talk? seems to be the only thing that makes sense right? Why have scum have neighborizer and no day talk?

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Banshee »

That post was directed at ThAdmiral and to others who were saying definitely that people were town (Zinger, Rodion, Silver and others) without giving any reasons or any justifications. Since scum can be pretty sure of the alignments of others, they can do this for town cred in some cases and I was explaining why I found it suspicious specifically in ThAdmiral's case. Certainty without justification can be indicative of a lot of things, but I'm betting not everyone who has been expressing it has a town alignment and that was what I was saying. Sorry if it was not clear.

I replaced in before Zinger's lynch and was in part responsible for it, so I can't get any town cred out of pushing back against it either before or after the fact. Just so it's clear.

Again no idea on your neighbour questions.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:12 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

My head hurts...
#freeShotty
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Unvote.
Vote: Oversoul

Someone suggested an ISO on him, so I did.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Meransiel »

Banshee wrote:

Some people just don't GET sarcasm. Ohwell, serves me right being obscure.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Junpei »

PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.
Vote: Oversoul

Someone suggested an ISO on him, so I did.

Nice once again not explaining anything.

Anyways, people I'll lynch now.

Silver
Andrew
PeregrineV
Izak
Oversoul

There are other scummy people but those top the list.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”