Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Honest Abel »

While NS's town read on me is growing, my scum read on him is growing.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Honest Abel wrote:So yeah, NS, I don't see what you're saying about whilst. We could have him at L-1 easy. You don't think anyone would hammer?

Off the top of my head, I thought we did have whilst at L-1 at one point? I'd have to go back and look.

If the support is there for a whilst lynch, I'm ALL FOR IT. He's the scummiest person here at this point, IMO.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I have to agree. He's dropped quite a lot of scumtells.

Can we wait until cavjj answers my questions, though? I want to make sure I'm reading that guy right.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:31 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

whilst wrote:I can tell you guys right now that I'm having a problem. I want to hammer cavjj, because I would be accepting of his lynch. But cavjj, don't claim. I am not ready to vote. Not to mention not everyone is awake right now, I want them to read the turn of events and comment.
All this, and I still think DarkClaymore is scummier

All this and NS's change of vote is also bothering me. Didn't he just say I was the scummiest on his list, and that IAI was second? NS, post your reasons why you think cavjj should be lynched over IAI.

Something to remember at this stage in the game is that we have two scum.

Honest Abel wrote:If you want to hammer, say so, let him claim, and give everybody a chance to comment before you do it. That's the safest thing to do. You can say you're going to hammer and then give us a day or two to talk about it.

Something about this feels off. Sounds like you are suggesting him to say he is ready to hammer (to get the claim) even if he is not sure he is?

DarkClaymore wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:But you're right, he did say that you're scummier than cavjj in #745. You quoted the wrong post.

whilst is allowed to change his mind. A few people have, including me.

Oh, right. Wrong post. Sorry :neutral:
Nevertheless, he was pushing Cav's lynch the whole day. Why suddenly change his mind when his lynch target is FINALLY in danger? It's like: "Lynch Cav! I'm telling you, he's scum! I'm know there is no solid wagon atm but still, he's scum and I'll keep my vote! .... What? Cav's at L-1? I dunno... I think DC is somewhat scummier but ok guess...".

This stinks. :shifty:

In his defense, he was just as uncertain D1. He was the only player not to vote that day.

Honest Abel wrote:Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate
flow through
you.

:lol:

whilst wrote:Great.

I just noticed dicknose hasn't responded yet. I'll be waiting on him
and
NS then. Dicknose for his reactions/thoughts/comments and NS for the answer to my question.

Yes, I was noticing the quiet there too. With cavjj at L-1 no less.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

EBWOP, L-2 now.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:If you want to hammer, say so, let him claim, and give everybody a chance to comment before you do it. That's the safest thing to do. You can say you're going to hammer and then give us a day or two to talk about it.

Something about this feels off. Sounds like you are suggesting him to say he is ready to hammer (to get the claim) even if he is not sure he is?
Try reading the first word of my quote again. Hope that clarifies things.

I'm telling him he should be certain one way or the other. Bringing up the possibility of intent to hammer is a ridiculous amount of buffer between him and an action. He wants to look active and thoughtful but is dancing around actually doing anything.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:44 am

Post by whilst »

By intent to hammer, I meant: I will lynch him. While you wait for cavjj's response, I will wait for dicknose's response. I guess NS justified himself, I can't prove anything the other way.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

What am I responding to?
down
and that's the way we get down
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by whilst »

I was waiting for your comments at cavjj being at L-1 and if you didn't think we should lynch him. Also, if you wanted to have more days of discussion, I wouldn't vote for cavjj.

Abel has since repealed his vote (putting cavjj at L-2), but he might put it back.
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by cavjj »

1.If IAI claimed cop and said that he investigated you N1 and said you were town?
2.If he said he investigated you and said you were scum?
3.If he said he investigated me and said I was town?
4.If he said he investigated whilst and said he was town.

For all those questions my first thing would be to analyse the validity of the claim. Does anyone else counterclaim for example, are there any other reasons why his claim may or may not be true. Let's remember that at the minute IAI is nowhere near a position of needing a claim considering the bandwagon has changed so dramatically.

The simple answer to all four of the questions is that if it came out he was lying, I saw something or someone convinced me he was lying on his claim I'd press even harder than I have for his lynch.

All these answers assume that we, collectively as town, accept IAI's claim as cop.

1. Depends on the reaction of other players. However since we believe IAI in this hypothosis then I would probably admit I was wrong about my vehement belief of his scuminess. This would have to be backed up by some hard evidence mind.
2. If IAI genuinely was the cop, this would not happen. If it did I would protest my innocence and I'm sure IAI would press for the lynch. It would be up to the town to decide who would then be going, and I suspect it would be me.
3. Apart from that brief spell, you've never really or consistently been top of my scum list. You seem town to me, I would be inclined to believe him.
4.Again if we believe IAI is the cop and whilst is confirmed town by IAI then my scum readings go out the window. Because my two top suspects have been confirmed town in this scenario, I would have a serious re-read of NS and DC who would be third and fourth respectively on my list at the moment.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

cavjj wrote:1.If IAI claimed cop and said that he investigated you N1 and said you were town?
2.If he said he investigated you and said you were scum?
3.If he said he investigated me and said I was town?
4.If he said he investigated whilst and said he was town.

For all those questions my first thing would be to analyse the validity of the claim. Does anyone else counterclaim for example, are there any other reasons why his claim may or may not be true. Let's remember that at the minute IAI is nowhere near a position of needing a claim considering the bandwagon has changed so dramatically.

The simple answer to all four of the questions is that if it came out he was lying, I saw something or someone convinced me he was lying on his claim I'd press even harder than I have for his lynch.

All these answers assume that we, collectively as town, accept IAI's claim as cop.

1. Depends on the reaction of other players. However since we believe IAI in this hypothosis then I would probably admit I was wrong about my vehement belief of his scuminess. This would have to be backed up by some hard evidence mind.
2. If IAI genuinely was the cop, this would not happen. If it did I would protest my innocence and I'm sure IAI would press for the lynch. It would be up to the town to decide who would then be going, and I suspect it would be me.
3. Apart from that brief spell, you've never really or consistently been top of my scum list. You seem town to me, I would be inclined to believe him.
4.Again if we believe IAI is the cop and whilst is confirmed town by IAI then my scum readings go out the window. Because my two top suspects have been confirmed town in this scenario, I would have a serious re-read of NS and DC who would be third and fourth respectively on my list at the moment.

Aren't you basically saying your, and perhaps others', mind could change depending on the claim?
This sounds TOTALLY different than what you said here. Didn't you, indirectly, just answer your own question? :shifty:
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by whilst »

Well, I suppose the onus is on Abel now. He can wait for more from dicknose if he wants. If Abel does decide to hammer, I give everyone permission to think that it was I that cast the final vote, and not Abel. I'm going to stick by my words; cavjj gets my vote:
UNVOTE: DarkClaymore
VOTE: cavjj

Oh yeah, if Abel says he will hammer -- I'd like a claim from cavjj. As much as it's going to play with my head, I want to see what cavjj says. I hope we get this right, if we don't it might be 3 vs. 2 during D3, and those odds aren't too great (though the odds of picking scum are higher).

There is nothing in cavjj's posts that make me want to forgive him for his D1 hammer. His reactions to the D1 inquiries do look like he's been coached. I still would take a DarkClaymore lynch over a cavjj lynch, but I don't think I have enough support there. I've thought about this cavjj thing enough, I'm going forward with this.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

Vote Count 2.5.1

cavjj (3): I Am Innocent, Nobody Special, whilst
DarkClaymore (0):
Honest Abel (0):
whilst (1): DarkClaymore
dicknose (0):
I Am Innocent (1): cavjj
Nobody Special (0):

Not Voting (2): Honest Abel, dicknose

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Mod Notes:
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by cavjj »

whilst wrote: I hope we get this right

:roll:
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

cav was my number two, so i'll hammer. cav, claim.
down
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by whilst »

No you won't. You will wait until Abel responds to cavjj's responses. I want Abel to acknowledge this is happening and hear his thoughts on it.
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by cavjj »

Dicknose, do you want to wait for Abel or are you certain you want my claim?
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by whilst »

I don't see why we can't wait.
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by cavjj »

I'm off to bed in 10 minutes, if I've not heard anything of dicknose, I won't claim till I've heard from Abel in the morning.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

what are we waiting for, abel to change votee again? claim dude. i'll hammerwhen i get off of work.
down
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by cavjj »

Well done guys.

I am a cop. The person I investigated was a jailkeeper, ergo we have no doctor.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I have a very real problem with a cop hammering as you did on Day One.

Lynch at will.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by cavjj »

Unfortunately, said jailkeeper isn't here to corroborate my story. Rather than any analysis of the claim, you think the more important factor here is the hammer? Could you have missed the point anymore?
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

Who did you investigate?
down
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by whilst »

Nobody Special wrote:I have a very real problem with a cop hammering as you did on Day One.

Yeah, I have the same exact thought.
dicknose wrote:Who did you investigate?

Do not tell us this.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”