Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

What the fuck is going on? I go out to dinner with my girlfriend and this nonsense happens? Wow. I have to read it, brb.

P.S. I had a lotta wine.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

P.S. You're gonna need it.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by whilst »

Abel, while you're at it, can you repeal your vote? I don't want DarkClaymore to hammer.

Now I'm gonna work out townies vs scum by looking at L-1 votes (please correct me if my logic is wrong):

Basically, I'm calling DarkClaymore as the second scum. IAI, Nobody Special, and Abel all kept cavjj at L-1 -- something I doubt they'd do if they were his partner. Obviously, I'm going to rule myself out, I know i'm town. I'm also going to say dicknose is town as he got cavjj to pseudo-claim (claim, and lie). So that leaves DarkClaymore. I think that all fits. Let me reinforce some people's townie-ness:

I am going to further clear IAI of suspicion because of his act of pointing out that cavjj was lying. If he is cavjj's scum partner, then he totally just threw him under the bus. But let's not get too paranoid. Additionally, I will clear Abel (again) of suspicion because of his repeal vote on IAI. He could've easily left it there.

DC could've hammered IAI, but then he would've gotten lynched during D3. Possibility?

There is one other approach, but only the best case scenario helps us win now, in D2. It's the role-claim approach. I won't bring it up because there is a smaller chance of us having a best case scenario (because of the 'two of the following' clause in this C9 setup). I can discuss it anyway, if someone can't figure it out for themselves.

Please point out the holes in my thought process. I know judging people as town is difficult, but I just want to see what we can workout.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

I don't see why wait, we have to go through a night phase before the game ends no maatter what.
down
and that's the way we get down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

Well I guess if Abes is so sure he's gonna die we should keep him around.
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

Unvote cavjj
for now
down
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by whilst »

Yeah, I didn't really think of it that way, but sure, let's keep Abel around.

And yeah, you're right, we have to go through the night anyway. Let's just play it out though, let's see what everyone has to say about cavjj's admittance. My point is just that, if we can be 100% sure of another person to be scum, then we can rest in peace that the game will end in D3. We can lynch the scumpartner today, and cavjj during D3. Best case scenario, right?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I'm at a crossroads. whilst is still scummiest, to me, but I can't wrap my head around dicknose hammering. Could be frustrated townie, wanting the day to be over already, could be cav's scumpal hoping to look frustrated-townie and slide under the radar.

Reading dicknose in iso, I find:

A) first vote: cavjj. Distancing?
B) A
lot
of speculation into teams, not just scummy players
C) This -- fishing to see if anyone noticed him?
D) a demand that someone else also speculate on teams
E) A tendency to tunnel on DC
F) Barely any mention of cav after the initial vote
G) Almost-defense of cavjj here
H) Agreeing -- "mostly" -- one "some points" of cav's (wishy-washy waffling)

The most daming thing is where he asks whether claim is necessary from cav. Protect your buddy much?

Voting cav here and immediately unvoting (one minute later) here. Buyer's remorse?

After tunneling DC all damned game, when cav screwed up, who does dicknose go after? whilst, of course. :roll:

Vote: dicknose

I eagerly await your flailing.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

I asked if a claim was necessary when IAI was at L-1. Last points two were not serious on my part.
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

In H I think I only agreed with his points against IAI and I'd describe D as a request. Anything else ccould go either way depending on your interpretation.
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

Wow. This is amazing. I mean, I saw discussion going after scum was revealed, but not when a scum does a silly mistake and then admits he is scum once it's revealed.
And I'm astonished how it took people a while to notice
. You should have at least read the cop PM in the first post in order to see whatever it's possible...

Especially how NS didn't notice that... Perhaps an attempt to wait for a counter-claim while still pointing fingers at the partner?
:shifty:

I'm leaning toward changing my vote on NS tbh. The way this day went on anyway, I'm no longer as sure Whilst is scum as I was before.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

UNVOTE: cavjj

I'd rather lynch a townie at this point than lynch confirmed scum. What good is that going to do? If it's necessary to keep the game going, we lynch him. Otherwise, why waste the opportunity?

So we lynch whilst, then DC, then dicknose. One of them should be scum. Just a strategy off the top of my head.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Man, I am feeling so awesome right now. Blew that thing wide open.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

I was like, naw, naw wait a minute... vote cavjj dat nigga scum, lol. So good. I'd let you pin a medal on me but I'm naked.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Yeah, or, IAI pointed out the obvious alignment thing so that he could point suspicion at NS.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

dicknose, dude, remember when Phault was like "Hey Neobum was the cop and he left a hint that Abel's town"? Phault was scum. Scum JUMP at the opportunity to point out stuff like that. IAI's been doing that shit the whole game.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

Oh, right. There was also the thing of Abel attacking Cav at first and then suddenly saying how he thinks Cav was used by the mafia.

Here he asks how it's possible. But here he agrees it might have been the case. True, there was something between about not "fully reading the posts" but I dunno... :shifty:
Also here he says he won't be on Cav's lynch unless me or IAI flip town. Of course, his mind could have changed since then but he sure stated he isn't gonna lynch Cav there.

He also latter argued with me when I also said it's unlikely Cav was used by the mafia, which was what he said at the very beginning himself.

Honest Abel wrote:Yeah, or, IAI pointed out the obvious alignment thing so that he could point suspicion at NS.

True. But apparently SOMEONE had to point it out and NS didn't. I won't give any town points to IAI for pointing out the obvious, yet I'll give some scum points to NS for NOT pointing out the obvious.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Also, before continuing, I want to point out how disappointing it is that a scum gave himself up so easily. But again, this is the importance of claiming. Funny how something so simply procedural can unhinge people like that.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by DarkClaymore »

whilst wrote:Fair enough cavjj, then
someone else, please repeal your vote?

Let me put it this way: you kill off cavjj now then you earned yourself a lot of suspicion for D3.

If we come to a "no lynch" on everyone else, then yeah let's just kill cavjj. But if we can figure out who the other mafia is then let's just kill cavjj during D3.

I just realized how scummy that is.
You do realize that Cav most likely relied on the Jailer to actually support him to an extend, right?
I don't think he would have made such a totally BS claim. I believe he AT LEAST had minimal logic.

Thing is, unless my knowledge fails me, that scum can speak in PMs only during the night in this game.
Therefore, the scum partners couldn't share their knowledge about the rolecop's investigation. What does that mean?
Cav is most likely the rolecop

Lynching someone we aren't 100% sure is scum while letting the rolecop survive another night and tell his partner who's the jailer - is scummy
. Rather, maybe we should lynch him quickly so he can't say it in thread. Of course, maybe he won't say it anyway in order to not confirm a townie for us. But who knows...
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

Singer: would the rolecop not be able to tell his partner his results until the following nigght?
down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Nobody Special wrote:I'm at a crossroads. whilst is still scummiest, to me, but I can't wrap my head around dicknose hammering. Could be frustrated townie, wanting the day to be over already, could be cav's scumpal hoping to look frustrated-townie and slide under the radar.

Reading dicknose in iso, I find:

A) first vote: cavjj. Distancing?
B) A
lot
of speculation into teams, not just scummy players
C) This -- fishing to see if anyone noticed him?
D) a demand that someone else also speculate on teams
E) A tendency to tunnel on DC
F) Barely any mention of cav after the initial vote
G) Almost-defense of cavjj here
H) Agreeing -- "mostly" -- one "some points" of cav's (wishy-washy waffling)

The most daming thing is where he asks whether claim is necessary from cav. Protect your buddy much?

Voting cav here and immediately unvoting (one minute later) here. Buyer's remorse?

After tunneling DC all damned game, when cav screwed up, who does dicknose go after? whilst, of course. :roll:

Vote: dicknose

I eagerly await your flailing.
I saw some of your cavjj/dicknose connections earlier (I saw better ones), but I don't like a lot of your points. First of all, dicknose didn't hammer, just in case you didn't realize we're still in D2. He voted after you unvoted. He got the notice that you posted before he did and still did it. And anyway, my first thought was to hammer as well, but I'm slightly drunk, so I don't know.

A. Okay.
B. So? You and others have been doing this the whole time.
C. Weak, exaggeration.
D. Weak, he was merely being confident in his assertion and wasn't taking IAI's pithy response as an answer.
E. Sure, but doesn't tie him to cavjj in any meaningful way.
F. Maybe.
G. Almost-defense isn't defense, but seems scummy enough.
H. Good one.

dicknose was asking whether a claim was necessary on IAI, not cavjj.

dicknose's vote/unvote thing is typical of his humor, I guess, but it is something that could be kind of flirty with his buddy.

I'm not entirely sold on the dicknose wagon yet, but it's really a formality. At this point we can pretty much take a couple stabs and all it's going to do is whittle down the possibilities.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Oh yeah, dicknose asking who cavjj investigated and whilst saying don't tell us pretty much ties the noose around dicknose's neck and clears whilst. I don't think whilst is pro enough to make that kind of move as scum.

VOTE: dicknose
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

dicknose calls cavjj "obvious mafia" in #104, and lists him second-to-last in #274. Former is to gain points when his buddy flips, latter is to say "I find my buddy scummy, but not as scummy as this guy."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Anyone else hesitating about lynching dicknose, just talk to me, I'll convince ya.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Bricktoes »

"Second to last" isn't as damning when it's synonmous with "second to first," chief.
down

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”