Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Panacea wrote:His reaction to my vote and negative attention.

And what do you make of his reaction?
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Whiskers »

Didn't he already say? Dude, read the thread.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Hikari Link
replaces
LTP Mafia.
Thanks HL!
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

I've clearly got a fair bit of reading to do. Apologies if it takes me a while to post anything of real content, but I'll try to have something by late tonight or some time tomorrow, depending on how long it takes me to read everything.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote count 1.11

(3) MusicNinja: Friend, Maruchan, Scumhunter [L-4]

(3) Maruchan: Substrike22, Tovarish, Whiskers [L-4]

(2) Whiskers: LTP Mafia, bobsnox [L-5]

(1) monk: iamausername [L-6]

(1) bobsnox: Panacea [L-6]

(3) Not Voting: MusicNinja, Noramp, monk

With
alive it will take
to lynch
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Noramp »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Whiskers

Noramp wrote:You quoted it yourself in your last post...

Whiskers wrote:I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

The fact that you didn't know this was the quote I was referencing is sort of unfathomable since I paraphrased it in the post before your long post which quoted it and my paraphrase was way close enough to connect the dots seeing as I quoted you maybe two times during our exchange you had a 50/50 chance of choosing the right quote.

Is the common bond that they voted Maruchan?

At this point it's just obvious you are avoiding this Whiskers...
Yarr Owlbear!
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Noramp »

I personally think whiskers, music or monk are good lynches today. Thoughts?
Yarr Owlbear!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Maruchan »

My thoughts are this: My vote is still on musics. And my vote will stay on Music until someone scummier is found (not likely), music is lynched, or the day ends.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Friend »

@Mod: I will be VLA from Monday to Saturday next week.
I'll have access but posting will be spotty.

Noted.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Maruchan »

What're you up to Friend?
Show
Join Now!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Friend »

Going to Cabo, actually.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Sounds fun
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Caught up. Expect a post from me within two hours, tops. If you anyone was debating going to bed or not, you might want to consider staying up.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Hikari Link wrote:Caught up. Expect a post from me within two hours, tops. If you anyone was debating going to bed or not, you might want to consider staying up.

I REALLY hate your guts.

I was just refreshing all my 6 pages to check for new posts before I went to bed.

Ah well, I'll watch one more episode of Charmed I guess.
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:Caught up. Expect a post from me within two hours, tops. If you anyone was debating going to bed or not, you might want to consider staying up.

I REALLY hate your guts.

I was just refreshing all my 6 pages to check for new posts before I went to bed.

Ah well, I'll watch one more episode of Charmed I guess.

Apologies. This is going to take just a bit longer than I thought. I still have 5 players left to ISO and I'd rather not break it up, as I'm seeing new things even now as I'm going 1 by 1. I tend to build walls that would make China envious, so I hope you like text. (bonus points if anyone gets the reference)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Oh I love walls. if you do this well, you will become my new best friend. You might like my wall on the second- or third-to-last page in Newbie 1122.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Post by Maruchan »

interesting tidbit for anyone who is interested:

apparently http://mafiascum.net has slightly larger test than http://www.mafiascum.net.

at least in my browser. Odd
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Link, do you think your wall will be done within another hour or so? I'd like to be in bed by 4 so I can keep my schedule of waking up at 10 every day.
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:Link, do you think your wall will be done within another hour or so? I'd like to be in bed by 4 so I can keep my schedule of waking up at 10 every day.

I believe so, yes. I'm gonna try to rush it too without sacrificing too much quality.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by Maruchan »

No need to rush it, I would rather wait till morning to see it in its full glory than rush you through it.
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:No need to rush it, I would rather wait till morning to see it in its full glory than rush you through it.

It's not just for your sake or anything. And it's really just a matter of condensing it down to key points where applicable. Trust me, this shit is gonna be big.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Maruchan »

can't wait. :)

Spoiler it by person.
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:can't wait. :)

Spoiler it by person.

I should be done in under 5 minutes. I'm on the last person now and almost done.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

I'm actually pretty surprised that I got caught up as quickly as I did. That said, it's still probably going to take me an hour or two to write and edit my post. I'm going to ISO everyone now in alphabetical order. At the end, I will then have my rankings in order of scum likelihood. I'll also ask that everyone read my signature and note the information there.

bobsnox
: You've got such a meager post count and you are hardly scumhunting at all. Now you claimed here that you play like this with an investigative role to stay under the radar and stay alive, but the problem with that statement is that your activity didn't increase at all once you claimed. Might as well get cracking if the cat is out of the bag anyway, no?

Furthermore, I was never really sold on the notion that you would have waited longer to claim if you were scum. L-2 seems close enough to L-1 that you wouldn't want to take the risk.

Also, your votes have been only on Whiskers and MusicNinja, whom I've got a town read and a null read on, respectively, but I'll get to that later. You never really made any attempt to explain the MN vote and then eventually went back to Whiskers, who really isn't even all that suspicious.

Even so, the fact remains that you have claimed cop and short of a counter-claim, a lynch on you is just dumb right now.

Friend
: This guy seems pretty legit. Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not one for succinct players, because that is generally the antithesis of my play-style, I don't think it is at all indicative of scum, it just makes it kind of harder to read a person. It can be harder for scum to slip up when they don't say much and it's harder to discern reasoning from town, though admittedly not to a detrimental level. Though it is hard to ISO this type of player because almost everything they say is extremely high-context.

Honestly, I've got a town read here because most of the shit you've said is stuff I've agreed with, with certain exceptions which will be made clear. I also like how you've tried to steer conversation in the right direction, rather than let what you perceived as a town v. town argument squander precious time here, though I don't actually agree with the assessment that Substrike is town. But I'll get to that later.

Your logic here is sound too, granted the frustration there does nothing for the argument either way, as it could be an act by scum as easily as it could be genuine frustration from town.

Nothing else jumped out at me and like I said, a player like you is fucking hard as shit to ISO.

iamusername
: I was pretty much sold on him from the moment he explained his town read on Whiskers, though I admit to being wary of him before that.

These three posts in particular are incredibly insightful to me and they definitely gave me some things to think about. The first post was pretty close to my reads at the time, regarding the probability of scum on the Whiskers wagon, with the obvious exception of LTP. The second one brought the strong defense to Whiskers that I was thinking of myself. Scum simply aren't likely to look a gift horse (or pony, in this case) in the mouth like Whiskers did. The third one just showed a lot of thought. I didn't agree with all of it, but it definitely showed that you were putting the effort in.

Maruchan
: You kind of try to get in well with Panacea and Whiskers the entire time, but as I read you, I sort of just got a town feel. Despite this feeling, it seems like you've done little more than defend Whiskers, soft-claim, and push for a MusicNinja lynch, despite your post count. As a result, your only about null, leaning town for me. Seems like scum would have supported a Whiskers lynch, considering how easy it would have been.

In regard to the soft-claim, I really don't see why you are deciding not just claim in this situation. What about tomorrow makes it so that you have to wait until then to claim? It's looking kind of suspicious to me. But if nothing else, I think it's still reason enough not to lynch you today.

Monk
: He starts out by assaulting Panacea for not having a vote down, which I don't see as a scumtell at all that early on. There's really no need to start a potential bandwagon that could get out of contol so early on. Bad enough it almost happened with Whiskers, MusicNinja, and bobsnox as early in the day as those wagons nearly came into fruition. There's nothing wrong with a little caution.

The lack of content from him also has me keeping my eye on him. Also, post such as this or this really don't do a lot for you. It's been covered why it's suspicious by others, so in the interest of time, I'm going to leave it at that.

On the other hand, you've said a few pretty townie things, such as attemptng to hold off on a MusicNinja lynch until he is replaced and telling off Friend for needing to be prompted to discuss his suspects.

Due to the conflicting nature of these, I've got only a slight scum read on you.

MusicNinja
: From the one game I've played with him, I definitely think he should be more active than this, but he was the Doc then, so he could have been more into it as a result. What I find particularly interesting is that he is in no other games right now, yet is not posting here, even though he's been online just the other day to celebrate the town vctory in the game we were in together. I feel that either he is a bored Vanilla or overwhelmed scum. But given his posts, I'm somehow inclined towards the former. I could totally see him saying the stuff he said town. I mean, the guy did soft-claim Doctor in our last game at the mere mention of the role, so I kind of see him as down for some questionable shit. At the same time, I don't want to rule out the scum possibility though. He's pretty null for me right now and I'd rather wait for his replacement to decide for sure one way or the other.

noramp
: Putting bob at L-2 and not jumping on the Whiskers wagon early on seem like pretty town moves to me. Ditto for taking MusicNinja off L-1. If you were scum together, you probably would not have let it go on as long as it did. Same would probably been done by any scum if MusicNinja were scum, in all likelihood. Town read for you.

Panacea
: Well you certainly do use your vote sparingly, don't you? I can't help but think it's a bit suspicious that your only two votes have been on people that have next to no chance to being lynched. At the same time, this is a plus from you, since scum usually try for a mislynch. You've had considerable opportunity to jump on MusicNinja, yet you haven't. This pleases me. Particulary this one.

Still, I could definitely stand to see more of you. You question a lot of people's moves in a good way, but lack of activity and lack of general pressure certainly aren't helping. Having a vote on someone isn't a great deal of pressure isn't a great way to put pressure on people when wagons are forming all around. I'd think your vote would be better-used placed on one of your suspects. I doubt very much we'll see any sort of quickhammering this early on, since it can be kind of suspicious in general and I imagine most wagons won't get higher than L-2 until we can come to a better consensus anyway.

Scumhunter
: This motherfucker right here seems pretty legit. From his first real post, I was pretty much on board with everything he said. I get the feeling that he thinks very similarly to me. One of my favorite things from him was easily this post, because not long before it, I was thinking "Why the fuck do I think that Substrike is town? He doesn't really do shit, he's just kind of there." His scumhunting seems really solid, which is extremely fitting, give his name.

Substrike22
: First of all, I disagree with every vote he's made in the game. Granted, he hasn't hopped on the MusicNinja wagon, but he's been riding Whiskers so fucking hard that it's barely even relevant and at this point would probably just look more suspicious than anything. I've seen little of value from him and I get the feeling that he's scum.

Oh, and saying that defending yourself as town is a scumtell is total fucking bullshit. I fucking do it all the time. There's no reason a townie should want a lynch wasted on the only person they can confirm for themselves is town. I fucking do it all the time. Letting yourelf die needlessly is just fucking dumb.

Tovarish
: His entire case against Whiskers never really felt that great and the best he seems to bring against anyone is some petty shit that's barely even evidence, as seen in posts #232 and #384.

Whiskers
:First off, are you a fucking dude or a chick? Because that question has been nagging at me this entire time.

In terms of why I think you are town, questioning town reads on you and defending yourself both seem like town moves to me are both things I literally did myself in my last game.

My reads in order:

Scum
Substrike
Bobsnox
Tovarish
Monk
Noramp
Maruchan
Panacea
MusicNinja
Friend
Iamusername
Scumhunter
Whiskers
Town

The middle is sort of a jumble of order because I've got a few that are sort of really close. With time, I should be able to refine them, but I'm pretty firm on my top 3 and bottom 3.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I just completely pulled out all of the stuffing in a small-pillow to the point where I was buried in it, then returned it all back into said pillow while watching S08E05 of Charmed.

was fun!

now to read a wall of text!
Show
Join Now!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”