ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Hinduragi »

No, Nexus. Did you see my post above yours? :neutral:
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Now that I can actually quote without it taking 5 minutes...

Hinduragi is only one actively not helping.

Bullshit.

Now, the grand reveal. Shitstorm stirring time? YEP, LET'S GO.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Magua »

Hinduragi wrote:And I've been reading, not posting. That's why I'm currently useless in contribution. Anyways CR is Spyrex. I can't type out why because I'm on break at work posting from my phone. I just saw the hammer and had to tell you I HAVE paid A LOT of attention to the game so I'm VERY SURE I'm right. I'll try to explain why before twilight ends when I get back home from work. If I don't make it in time, then I really don't think I have enough validity behind this for mafia to take my suggestion so sorry to the town. Also, Thor is a confirmed recruit. I can also explain this.

None of this makes sense. You've been paying a lot of attention to the game...but don't bother to post your reads until after you think that Espeonage has hammered? It was back on Saturday that you're all "Hold on guys let me figure this out," nothing happens, nothing happens Sunday, and then nothing happens Monday until Espeonage hammers, and *then* you're all, "OMG I've got the answer"?

Hinduragi wrote:For the record, there never was a reason for me to stop the day and think about lynching Empking.

This is at odds with your earlier play today, and, even more disturbingly, is at odds with your "Hold on guys let me figure this out" post.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Nexus »

Hinduragi wrote:No, Nexus. Did you see my post above yours? :neutral:

Right, so you're gonna give us a grand reveal and lead us into the light? Alright Moses, I'll give you until the end of today.
Trans rights are human rights.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Hinduragi »

It was back on Saturday that you're all "Hold on guys let me figure this out," nothing happens, nothing happens Sunday, and then nothing happens Monday until Espeonage hammers, and *then* you're all, "OMG I've got the answer"?

Espeonage hammering kinda made me fucking post if you didn't notice. I would've liked more time but whatever.

And yes, I'm busy. I active lurk and don't respond to all the shit people post in a threat, especially when it isn't really relative to anything I care about. Locke unvoted, that was nice. Thor claimed cult in a post, that was nice but everyone knew it anyways and I could just point it out in my next post. You question him and get summarily basic answers. Then you repeated what you thought of everyone. Spyrex runs out of content and doesn't know what you want from him. Not exactly gamechanging contributions on which I should feel obliged to comment on when we have the rogue CR and buddies recruiting.

This
I was conflating my "recruited Warrior" hypothesis with my "recruiter can kill or recruit" hypothesis.

is the only thing where I could EVEN POSSIBLY see Esp as the CR. And a recruiter who can kill/recruit but chose not to N1...and used a dayshot on CyberSet, who had few votes at all, not a CR move.

Nexus wrote:Right, so you're gonna give us a grand reveal and lead us into the light? Alright Moses, I'll give you until the end of today.

You do realize that this is probably the first time we've ventured onto this topic, right? I want everyone's opinions on it, not just Magua's and whoever happens to log on before the hammer.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Hinduragi »

A lot of this is simple PoE. More thought than typed went into the decision but hey, short and simple saves the day, right? If you take playstyles and personality into account, this conclusion makes the most sense.

2. Locke Lamora
Bogre
Locke Lamora

Not CR due to investigation.
3. Thor665

Not CR due to investigation.
9. Empking

Obviously not CR.
10. Magua

Rage at me = town self meta I asked for way back in D1 or D2. Yes, self-meta actually helps, even when the player giving it doesn't think it does.
11. Nexus

This guy is a VT, goon, or recruit. It doesn't matter. He's a small fry. His play indicates it. He's lurked and used the excuse "Well, so has Bogre/Locke". When he came under pressure, 2767 and 2772 are not CR posts. Would've been better content and less apologies, especially with his lurking. 2767 is what really gave it away. In both posts he was more or less focused on getting reads out there instead of defending himself. Like I said, he's a grunt-type role of some faction.
16. Hinduragi

If you think I'm still CR, you're probably
smoking some really good shit
a part of the cult
or both
. Yes, Thor and Spyrex, I'm looking right your way.

Which leaves us with only 2 left.

19. Espeonage
Maemuki

So, I assume we all agree Espeonage is a fucking liar. That much is obvious. Now, onto why he IS NOT the CR. We all remember Maemuki, right? Maybe we don't. Just look at her 4, yes, FOUR, posts. As soon as the MoI wagon turned dud, I LOCKED ON to that shit at Day 2 start. All four posts straight up claim scum in their own way. Maemuki didn't return, though. Instead, we got Espeonage. AND IN HE FLEW. Posting content like you wouldn't believe or...wait, that's not really that much content in the first post. But it looks like it is upon a glance. Which means it was intended to look like content. Espeonage has claimed and re-claimed as well. With this, you can assume he would like to survive. A CR or SK would want to survive at this point so both views are possible. So, that leaves us with his current play. He doesn't give a flying fuck if Empking is lynched and he dies. He WANTS to end the day. Sure, go ahead and give me some pure shit about this. "OH, BUT WHAT IF ESPEONAGE IS PRO?" No, he isn't. He doesn't gambit like this. Why? His survival play from earlier. His town self is passive aggressive, but usually only when being attacked. So he doesn't stir shit up or anything but will come at you if you provoke him. So, he doesn't like to play riskily. Why? He doesn't have that type of personality. His SK self wouldn't gambit on this to clear his ass. And neither would his CR self. Just from his play and how he words things, I can tell he's not the gambit'ing type from the above things.
15. SPyreX

Oh, Spyrex. You almost got away after flailing during D4 and I didn't even catch it. I wasn't sure if it was a town flail or not but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and went with a town flail. So, every other player is either obvscum but not cR, town, or is simply not CR. What I know best from this game is that Spyrex's scumgame is good, especially when he has an important scum role. I REALLY was about to just give up and go with Espeonage until I thought more and then the hammer, which was actually fake(but obviously wasn't intended to be fake), made me sure that Espeonage was a dead-end. So, by POe, I'm left with Spyrex. And, yes, I have figured out a way, however crazy, for him to be CR. What's better? It makes sense with Esp's behavior. First: why he' iS the CR. 1
3 - NOW, the deal with why I can tell that it isn't a town flail but CR flail. Yes, this will run borderline logic reasoning in being able to tell the difference because both will be similar-type survivalist mindsets. So, I came out in D4 with a knife up to Spyrex's throat. I was feeling good and thought I had his ass in the bag. He got off one post in which he was pretty defensive but I didn't get to push him. I replied to his post, or I think I did. And, soon after this, Benmage failclaimed FOR THE SECOND TIME. I got distracted and went with Faraday. I still mentioned Spyrex during this because he was tied to Benmage but for the most part, Spyrex was a side dish best served tomorrow. And OuT OF LEFT FIELD, SpyRex flies in. "YO, YOU SRS HINDU?" "Yes?" "So, everyone, Im unrecruitable"
Which is why I'm doing this now so nothing STUPID happens tonight and there should be gasps everywhere

So, town viewpoint: "GOTTA SAVE MYSELF" Cr viewpoint: "GOTTA SAVE MYSeLF AND MY FACTION"
Now for the blow of why Spyrex is CR. Why would town think a nk would end the game for their faction, save themselves by claiming, and THEN ask if LB(OBVTOWN at the time) is unrecruitable?(Especially when LB is obvtown because they think Benmage is scum) NO, HELL NO. That's just not town. Only a CR would be interested in that tidbit of info.

And thus, Spyrex must be CR. Yes, it's a gamble. But I like it a hell of a lot more than Espeonage doesn't-give-a-flying-fuck-about-the-game. If anything, Espeonage is a recruit(probably not) or is the guy who started off with the CR as a backup-CR.(More likely) By what Spyrex believes, CR started off with a buddy, just like I'm thinking. He should be considering the same thing right now but he isn't even trying to figure it out. This makes me more confident. I would like to ask anyone voting Empking to unvote right now so we can discuss this.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Forgot to include why Thor was confirmed cult.
Thor665 wrote:Unless we're seriously expecting some super awesome revelation
I say it's time to make them try to puzzle out their best shot.

The game-making decision, with EVERYONE'S faction riding on today's kill, and THAT is your answer? SORRY, NOPE, NOT BUYING THAT.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

:?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Yes, I know.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm cult because I know we're relying on scum to kill cult? Derp much?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, wait, it's because I think you're CR and according to your town case on yourself (in toto) "everyone should know it's not you"
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Try this: you wanted to end the day and let the cult decide. Fuck input on who they should shoot. Let's just leave them puzzled. Town doesn't want this. Scum sure as fuck doesn't want to have to figure it out all by themselves. Cult doesn't...oh wait.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

You seriously think I "jumped the gun" on putting in my input or hearing other people's input?
Sure - keep selling.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and if me saying 'let mafia sort it out' makes me obv. cult, than a week earlier when I unvoted because Magua wanted to talk more made me obv. maf/town, amirite? Man, this system is easy to use.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 am

Post by ooba »

Vote Count

Empking (4)
- SpyreX, Espeonage, Magua, Thor665
Espeonage (1)
- Empking

Not Voting (3)
- Nexus, Hinduragi, Locke Lamora

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh look at peekaboo fake hammer.

If anyone actually wants me to address that junk I will. I'd much rather actually see a hammer or a posted deadline so we actually end this day.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Empking »

Nezus: Don't go breaking my heart.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Magua »

@Mod:
Please prod Locke Lamora.

@Locke Lamora:
If you're fucking town, take this to heart as to why you're getting the shit lynched out of you tomorrow. kthxbai.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by ooba »

Locke Lamora has been prodded

Deadline is in
(expired on 2011-08-16 23:59:59)
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Nexus »

vote: Empking

Not having Lurk Somora coming in and hammering for town points.
Trans rights are human rights.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by ooba »

End of Day: Vote Count

Empking (5)
- SpyreX, Espeonage, Magua, Thor665, Nexus
Espeonage (1)
- Empking

Not Voting (2)
- Hinduragi, Locke Lamora

With 8 alive, it took 5 to lynch!

Empking, Worshiper of the Old Gods (Embodiment of the Heart Tree) - Watcher, lynched D6

Night Actions, if any, within 72 hours of this post please
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 am

Post by ooba »

Chapter 7

Things were finally settling down in Avilare. ooba looked at his records - through all the bloodshed over the last few days, only six managed to survive. This was going to come to an end soon. He really did not mind which way things ended as long as peace was restored again. The death in the night should expedite things, he thought..

Hinduragi, Townsperson, killed N6

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Magua »

I'm
really
interested to see how the mechanics of this cult work post game. I'm drop dead serious that if it wasn't for AlmasterGM's flip, I'd be saying that ooba had been lying to us from the get go about their being a cult.

FMPOV, recruiter has to be SpyreX.
Really
curious who SpyreX thinks is the recruiter now.

I'll laugh if mafia has a cult doctor who's been super accurate.

None of this stops me from doing this, though:
VOTE: Locke Lamora
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm fresh running out of ideas unless its some kind of mechanic like I conjectured which means cult aren't anywhere near full strength today OR its you.

I'm pretty sure that is the nail in the coffin though for me winning this either way.

Unvote, Vote: Locke
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Magua »

Why do you say me, instead of me or Nexus?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”