Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Whiskers »

Substrike22 wrote:"How you so sure, bro?". I'm always sure.

Secondly on the Scumhunter point above, there is truth, but I also feel it fits his meta... he plays quiet at the beginning then pegs 2/3 scum on his first post of the game (assuming he's town.) so I'm not too worried about it at this point. Especially with Whiskers still around.

Scumhunter, what's your reads and stuff? It's always cool to peg 2/3 scum in the..

Wait, quietly and the beginning, then pegs scum on his first post of the game. Isnt' the first post at the beginning?

Tovarish wrote:
And to answer your question, Panacea it's a yes and a no. Not in the most literal sense - such as 'if I
m off the wagon I must not be scum' but more of a wariness of
how many players in this game are actually part of the Mafia that haven't been on the wagon.
I was simply operating under the fear that I may be ennabling some of the resident scum to bumrush the wagon and force a hammer before some of our more sedentary friends took their opportunities to weigh in on the game.

Please Tell me how many mafia player in the game had not been on the wagon by this point. I think it will help us a lot.
iamausername wrote:
Friend wrote:
Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia

Someone on this wagon is scum.

Yes. By my estimation, it's most likely monk, then Friend, then LTP, then Tovarish, then Substrike.

How do you feel about these reads now?
Friend wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:
Friend if you think someone on the Whiskers wagon is scum...that implies you think Scum are bussing? Why do you find this a likely bussing scenario? Your vote seems firmly placed at the head of a wagon headed for a mislynch most likely and that makes me go -________-.

Yeah, I think that this is a highly likely bussing scenario. Whiskers played pretty badly at the beginning of the game and attacking his actions are a perfect way for scumbuddies to distance themselves from one another.

Does this mean you think that the players on my wagon are scum, but not me? I'm asking about what this meant then, not what you think about me or them now.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:I think we're all pretty pro Link.

Which in my mind is not necessarily a good thing.

Link, Iam, and Scumhunter seem to be consensus town-listed with each other and most of the other players. Iwouldn't be surprised if at least one of them is hiding a scum pm. If so, they'll be the scum caught later, if at all, so keep an eye out. :igmeou:
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Panacea »

Let me add that my town feel for Iam still stands for the reasons I listed, but again, this was a year ago. I still don't have enough from Link's slot, despite the wall, but of the three right now I think it's the scummiest.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Friend »

Whiskers, then I thought you were scum and one or more of your buddies was voting you.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Whiskers »

It's the scummiest, but give him the week and I bet he'll win you over, or that you're scum.

Also, what do you want to bet that he's the nightkill?
Well, him or Friend.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Whiskers »

Friend wrote:Whiskers, then I thought you were scum and one or more of your buddies was voting you.

Good, good.
Mafia-game-learning question: Can you bus by putting a scum player on a wagon of a town player, and another scum player OFF of the wagon?
Can you bus putting two scum players on a town wagon?

Lastly, what do you think now? Do you think it's a good idea to try to reconcile that early list with the list you have now, and push that lynch?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Whiskers »

Right now Tovarish and Monk are the only two that hit both lists.
I'd also like you to go through and ISO substrike22 twice, once with the mindset that he's conftown, once with the mindset that he's probscum. Report your findings.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:It's the scummiest, but give him the week and I bet he'll win you over, or that you're scum.

Considering that every player who "wins me over," including Maruchan in our last game has the fascinatingly consistent proclivity for flipping scum, I'll let you know. :lol:

Why would Friend be NK'd, in your opinion? He has at least faced a modicum of suspicion.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Whiskers »

Panacea wrote:Why would Friend be NK'd, in your opinion? He has at least faced a modicum of suspicion.
Oh?
I missed that whole suspicion thing. The best case against him is that he is brief and to-the-point.
Besides that, he's being useful. It is my preference to Nightkill based on utility, rather than on... well, anything else.
That said, once I get a mafia PM here, I may start NKing the most most talkative players. In one of my other games, I got lynched Day 1 and the game pretty much died. Nopony is voting, nopony is talking, they lynched me and I think it'll be a scumwin because they can't be bothered to play.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Whiskers »

Noramp wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Whiskers

Noramp wrote:You quoted it yourself in your last post...

Whiskers wrote:I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

The fact that you didn't know this was the quote I was referencing is sort of unfathomable since I paraphrased it in the post before your long post which quoted it and my paraphrase was way close enough to connect the dots seeing as I quoted you maybe two times during our exchange you had a 50/50 chance of choosing the right quote.

Is the common bond that they voted Maruchan?

At this point it's just obvious you are avoiding this Whiskers...

Sorry, I STILL never responded to this. The answer you're looking for is:
"DUH."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Whiskers »

Noramp wrote:I personally think whiskers, music or monk are good lynches today. Thoughts?

Monk is also on this list.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Whiskers »

monk wrote:FoS: Noramp, little to no train of thought leading up to the MusicNinja switch, with leans from his previous reads seeming to be towards Null.
I agree with Substrike on Whiskers atm, complaining about inactivity doesn't really help.
Further scumpoints for Friend since he wants to lynch someone who has a total of 8 posts and in most cases is simply the scummier side of null.

Monk: Is:
Anti Noramp
Anti Whiskers
Anti Friend
Anti Maruchan

Pro Substrike
Pro MusicNinja
Pro Tovarish

Noramp, Friend, and iamusername are anti-monk.

monk, tell me your reads and how you feel and stuff-- on LTP Mafia. Not on Link, although, you can do him too. In fact, no.

Read LTP Mafia for me. Then, separately read Hikari Link. You didn't do a lot of talking about LTP in your ISO, it seems.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Whiskers »

Whiskers wrote:While I do, what do you think of a Substrike22, Tovy, Monk team?
Just for speculation. I know some players have had suspicions of Monk, I've got a bad gut feeling about Tovy. I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.

Link, whenever you're on, could you comment on this?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:33 am

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Friend wrote:
Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia

Someone on this wagon is scum.

Yes. By my estimation, it's most likely monk, then Friend, then LTP, then Tovarish, then Substrike.

How do you feel about these reads now?

Now I'd say monk, Tovarish, Substrike, Friend, Link (LTP), but given the information I had to work with at the time, I don't think I did too badly.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Whiskers »

Anyway, sorry about all these little posts.
Vote: Tovarish
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Panacea wrote:
Whiskers wrote:It's the scummiest, but give him the week and I bet he'll win you over, or that you're scum.

Considering that every player who "wins me over," including Maruchan in our last game has the fascinatingly consistent proclivity for flipping scum, I'll let you know. :lol:

Why would Friend be NK'd, in your opinion? He has at least faced a modicum of suspicion.

I actually won you over to thinking I could have been a townie (if you hadn't known I was scum)? Cool. I didn't realize that. :P
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by monk »

Whiskers wrote:
monk wrote:FoS: Noramp, little to no train of thought leading up to the MusicNinja switch, with leans from his previous reads seeming to be towards Null.
I agree with Substrike on Whiskers atm, complaining about inactivity doesn't really help.
Further scumpoints for Friend since he wants to lynch someone who has a total of 8 posts and in most cases is simply the scummier side of null.

Monk: Is:
Anti Noramp
Anti Whiskers
Anti Friend
Anti Maruchan

Pro Substrike
Pro MusicNinja
Pro Tovarish

Noramp, Friend, and iamusername are anti-monk.

monk, tell me your reads and how you feel and stuff-- on LTP Mafia. Not on Link, although, you can do him too. In fact, no.

Read LTP Mafia for me. Then, separately read Hikari Link. You didn't do a lot of talking about LTP in your ISO, it seems.

Yeah, my reads aren't apparent from who I've voted.

Scum
Friend
Tovarish
Noramp

Null
Substrike
Iamausername
MusicNinja
HL

Everyone else is town, my vote on maruchan was because a NK on him wouldn't have been informative to the town at that point and I thought it was more than likely that that would happen considering his post I got angry about.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Sorry guys, I've been asleep basically all day except for a small while about 6 hours ago when somebody apparently decided it would be funny to wake me up and I promptly checked the thread before going back to sleep.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Maruchan »

no problem Link, we all have wacky sleep schedules. :P
Show
Join Now!

Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Panacea »

Maruchan wrote:no problem Link, we all have wacky sleep schedules. :P

None is wacky as yours. :P
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Whiskers »

My sleep schedule is about to become a bit more regular: My father is disconnecting me from the internet each night at no particular time.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Panacea wrote:
Maruchan wrote:no problem Link, we all have wacky sleep schedules. :P

None is wacky as yours. :P

of course not. I am unique after all.
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Panacea wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:What I find particularly interesting is that he is in no other games right now, yet is not posting here, even though he's been online just the other day to celebrate the town vctory in the game we were in together.
But Maruchan says later that he's flaked. So he's posting here on MS, just not any games?
He has made just the one post that I linked. Look here. So unless he has been replacing into a lot of games via PM and only ever bothered to post in this one thread (which seems fairly unlikely), then Maruchan is either mistaken or lying. And considering how easy it is to check the information, I'd wager the former.
Panacea wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:Still, I could definitely stand to see more of you. You question a lot of people's moves in a good way, but lack of activity and lack of general pressure certainly aren't helping. Having a vote on someone isn't a great deal of pressure isn't a great way to put pressure on people when wagons are forming all around.
Yes, you're right. I'm really sorry. I took a bunch of extra hours at work these past two weeks since I move into my apartment next week and get to start paying university tuition again. Work calms tomorrow, though, so I should have more availability (with the exception of Wed. when I move. :( ). I hate excuses, I'm really sorry. I'll do better soon.

No need to apologies. Life comes first and I understand very well the hassles of moving and college. I'm going through a similar stage in life myself.
Panacea wrote:@Substrike: A lot of my town-ish feel on Whiskers comes from the fact that I think he's probably just one of those reckless players, because a lot of his actions fit the "too scummy to be scummy," box. You definitely don't see this as a possibility?

I can tell you right now that if Substrike's got any sense, he's going to immediately dismiss that towntell as too WIFOM. Which isn't an entirely incorrect assessment. He may even disregard my meta read under the basis that meta can be changed to fool people. Though I'd be quick to point out that one who purposely throws away their town chances every game to try to improve their scum chances, especially in a manner that clearly doesn't work very well such as this, is a fool among fools and I wouldn't put Whiskers in that category.
Panacea wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:And since you are (apparently) a PR, I can imagine why you'd want to not get yourself lynched.
That's the second time you've mentioned this, when we were lucky enough that no one appeared to mention it when it actually happened. I don't feel that this is good town play.

That's not completely true. His soft-claim was mentioned several times. And I can assure you, any scum worth his salt out there likely picked up on it the first time, if not the next few times it was slapped in our faces. He hasn't exactly been subtle about it. Better we get it out in the open so that he can be better protected tonight if he is essential.
Panacea wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:First off, are you a fucking dude or a chick? Because that question has been nagging at me this entire time.

Maruchan wrote:Whiskers are you a chick or a dude? O.o

As it happens, I've read Whiskers as male. The point, though, is that his gender is irrelevant to Whiskers's play-- correct, Whiskers? On the subject, though, Whiskers, would you prefer "his/her, he/she, him/her," or does it matter? When I played with Furry, Furry didn't mind, and I just used Furry's name as much as possible so gender never came into play.

Of course, gender in general is fairly irrelevant. But it's still a nagging curiousity that has been eating at me since I read that other game. If I honestly just played the brony odds though, I'd put my money on dude.
Whiskers wrote:
Panacea wrote:gender is irrelevant to Whiskers's play

this.

Furthermore, I think it's cute that you all use the terms "chick" and "dude." To quote Ouran, "I'll just call everyone dude and bro now."

This does nothing to sate my curiosity. It is an eternal mystery, apparently.
Maruchan wrote:I would make a case, but my case would be on MusicNinja. and I think that THAT boat has been played enough already. I don't think I can squeeze anything out of his few posts that haven't already been said.

Do you have nobody else you can make acase against? If not, look at those that I or another have made cases against. ISO them and check the evidence. See if our claims hold up. Don't be afraid to double-check another person's work. You never know when you might be dealing with scum or if someone is mistaken on an issue.
Maruchan wrote:Also I think the lack of a replacement from musicninja's spot has SOMETHING to do with the fact that A: its so much catch-up to read, and B: even if they do read it and replace in musicninja is the prime scum suspect of many players, so it is disillusioning to join a game just to be lynched, causing prospective joinees to not want to replace him.

Truth be told, I actually
wanted
that slot. But I figured I'd just take what I can get. I do love a challenge and I am something of an armchair defense attorney.
iamausername wrote:Still on board for a MusicNinja lynch, but I would like to at least see some acknowledgement of my monk case, even if it's just to tell me I'm retarded and wrong, since a scummonk would very much imply a townNinja. I would also like to see monk post again, where did he go?

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to appear to be ignoring you. I saw your case and thought it was quite good. It even put new perspective on my reads. But the fact of the matter is, I just don't see him as a top scum pick. I see him as a possible candidate later in the game.
Panacea wrote:

Which in my mind is not necessarily a good thing.

Link, Iam, and Scumhunter seem to be consensus town-listed with each other and most of the other players. Iwouldn't be surprised if at least one of them is hiding a scum pm. If so, they'll be the scum caught later, if at all, so keep an eye out. :igmeou:

This is not an incorrect mindset to have. Always beware the hidden Chessmaster.
iamausername wrote:I like Link's catching up post a whole lot. Nearly as much as I like Scumhunter, in fact.

Friend wrote:I am a big fan of Link as well.

Friend wrote:No, Link gets off that list.

I wouldn't necessarily do that if I were you. I am a charming devil, you see. I'd highly advise our cop, assuming bobsnox is telling the truth, check me tonight. Believe me when I say the last person you want in a MyLo situation is an unconfirmed Hikari Link. Scum love to use the "too town" scumtell against me. At least, that's what I wanted to say to that, but it would have been too risky, as I will soon get into.

In reality, I just really wish you guys hadn't believed in me so hard, not that I hold it against you, because I have to claim cop right now. I was really hoping I could hold off on it for a while, but I'm just too damn good at coming off town and while there is next to no chance of me being lynched today, I can't take the chance that I will get killed during the night. The truth is I basically jumped out of my seat the moment bobsnox claimed cop. While I admit that there could be two Cops, I'm very much willing to bet otherwise.

I really wanted to save my claim until tomorrow to see if we got a fake read from bobsnox so that we'd have another confirmed townie, but there are just too many factors that could make that gambit useless. I could die during the night and you might immediately call for his blood, or worse, you could keep him alive on the off-chance that he is a Cop. You guys could call bullshit tomorrow under the belief that I should have claimed today. He could claim he got roleblocked, making my wait useless. There could be a Framer and he could be a real fucking Cop. Or any number of other things.

It's far less risky to claim now and hope I can garner some sort of protection from a Doc or Jailkeeper or someone. Even if I get roleblocked, I can assure you I'm still extremely useful to have around alive. Not to toot my own horn, but I am rather good at scumhunting, considering all of my experience until now has come as a vanilla townie. That plus I'm gambling that even if we don't have a Doctor/Jailkeeper/etc, the Mafia won't target me for fear of one. And in the worst case scenario that they do, it's still a Cop for scum trade, which I'll fucking take any day of the week.
UNVOTE: Substrike22, VOTE: bobsnox
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

By the way, these are my true reads as Cop:

Scum
Bobsnox
Substrike
Tovarish
Monk
Noramp
Maruchan
MusicNinja
Friend
Iamusername
Scumhunter
Panacea
Whiskers
Town

Panacea is actually fairly high because of her persistence on bobsnox and bobsnox is actually the lowest because of his claim, but I couldn't really justify either of those very well while I was trying to keep that info hidden.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”