Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Regfan »

shaft.ed wrote:Regfan, coming in here pushing for a massclaim when you yourself passed up the opportunity to be confirmed town in order to retrack poro is hella fishy.

It's post like this which actually aggravate me, you haven't attempted to state what part of mass-claiming is bad despite me putting forward overwhelming evidence showing that it's actually very optimal to do so. Instead you're attempting to instead pass it of and call it suspicious.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Regfan »

shaft.ed wrote:I've checked the flash multiple times and haven't seen anything about non-killing mafia factions. If others could check that'd be great. If it can exist, that might explain the 14th player

The definition of a mafia janitor in the flash indicates that it can only be used in conjunction with a night-kill therefore the addition of the role proves that mafia do indeed have a night kill. The 14th player was purely added to skip the massive queues in mini normal/mini theme and jump straight into large games I believe.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Regfan wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:I've checked the flash multiple times and haven't seen anything about non-killing mafia factions. If others could check that'd be great. If it can exist, that might explain the 14th player

The definition of a mafia janitor in the flash indicates that it can only be used in conjunction with a night-kill therefore the addition of the role proves that mafia do indeed have a night kill. The 14th player was purely added to skip the massive queues in mini normal/mini theme and jump straight into large games I believe.

yes I've never seen a mod include a power role that was of no benefit because of the setup to mislead the players in it before

I also didn't even argue against a massclaim in the sentence you quoted. I argued that someone with the intent of starting a massclaim today when they could have been confirmed tonight is rather odd.

That said, I think a massclaim should be left up to the Doctor. They have enough information to know how many people they have cleared.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Regfan »

shaft.ed wrote:That said, I think a massclaim should be left up to the Doctor. They have enough information to know how many people they have cleared.

Way I see it is this. If worst case scenario has occurred and the doctor has only saved clears then we can assue that Farside/Masons/Doc are clear/town we have 6 suspects and three/four lynches to nail them with, lets call them A, B, C, D, E, F, for the sake of simplicity I'll call myself A, Farside X and doctor Y.

Day 4:
Unclears remaining: A, B, C, D, E, F.
Lynch B.

Night 4:
Unclears remaining: A, C, D, E, F.
Y on X. X roleblocks C. A tracks D. Optimal scum play would be to shoot Y allowing them a chance to shoot X the following night.

N4i. If a kill occurs C is cleared.
N4ii. If kill doesn't occur then another ML is gained and C is lynched.
N4iii.If a kill occurs and D no visited D is clear.
N4iv.If a kill occurs and D visited the kill D is confirmed mafia.

Day 5:
Unclears remaining: A, E, F.
If N4ii, C lynched. If N4iv, D lynched. If N4i or N4iii, A is lynched and C/D are cleared.

Night 5:
Unclears remaining: E, F.
X on E. If a kill occurs then E is clear and F is confirmed mafia. If no kill occurs town lynch E, X roleblocks F that night and they lynch him the following day.
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:14 am

Post by a girl on the internet »

srsly! massclaim already! duh!

then we can get on with lynchin me, cuz i've been wrong about everythin, an then poe it down to the real scum. gg.

still think it's probs dgb or whoever replaced her, but lol, it doesn't even matter what i think. we're gonna win ANYWAY.
a load of unreasonable, nonsensical play, like a shallow and generally useless version of roflcopter
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I've only read day one at this point guys. Reads so far are that Fate, Ellibereth, springlullaby (Ythill) and Mastin2 (tajo) are all town.

I don't like Llmarble at all here, but the new stuff seems to indicate he was involved with whatever masonry I haven't gotten to yet so oh well.

Farside, Girl on the Internet, Regfan and crypto all seem scummy to me in no particular order. I was a little confused as to why people backed off of Farside so readily after her RBer claim, but we've also had blocked kills all these nights, so oh well.

I don't think massclaim is a good idea or necessary in any way at this point. All we'd be doing is giving up unnecessary info to the scum when we already presumably have a reasonably small pool of suspects we can lynch from while still keeping any potential PRs safe.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 am

Post by Regfan »

VP, do you believe there's only one mafia remaining? If so you should recognize that mass-claim actually puts us at an automatic win position.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Could be one or two scum left depending on PR balance. You seem awfully certain. Further, I don't see how massclaim puts us in "automatic win" when any number of roles could be scum or town.

In other words, even
if
you confirm a role action, it doesn't make you town. Now, juxtapose that with having like four lynches left before lylo and you should be able to easily see why I think not claiming gives a greater opportunity to lynch scum. You're also giving PRs more opportunities to use their roles and catch scum read handed. Seems pretty simple to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Regfan »

VP Baltar wrote:Could be one or two scum left depending on PR balance. You seem awfully certain. Further, I don't see how massclaim puts us in "automatic win" when any number of roles could be scum or town. In other words, even
if
you confirm a role action, it doesn't make you town. Now, juxtapose that with having like four lynches left before lylo and you should be able to easily see why I think not claiming gives a greater opportunity to lynch scum. You're also giving PRs more opportunities to use their roles and catch scum read handed. Seems pretty simple to me.

1. I'm relatively certain of it being one due to the last Flash Mafia having three mafia and ending in a clean sweep, that along with the fact that 10-4 wouldn't be balanced even if there were an extreme amount of power-roles.

2. I have pointed how how it is automatic win. If there's one scum remaining that automatically clears Fate and Llarmable, furthermore since it's claimed that Llamarble was roleblocked N2 and therefore that wasn't the case of no-death there's a confirmed doctor in the setup. This means just alone we have 3 guarenteed clears out of the remaining ten players.

3. I have never attempted to state my role action clears me or makes me town, notice inside the plan I have myself getting lynched? So how about instead of attempting to attack the plan you actually read through it? Further, although I myself may not be clear, me tracking someone to no one when a kill occurs does clear them, and with one mafia remaining even if I were to be mafia the clearance would be legitimate, the same goes for Farside and roleblocking claims.

4. PR's are much more effective when organised, controlled and directed especially when the pool of suspect players are narrowed down.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:06 am

Post by shaft.ed »

!0-4 with a Traitor could work

11-3 would likely require some sort of very useful mafia power role like a Ninja or a Hitman. Pretty obvious there isn't a Hitman, but Ninja could be there making the Tracks less useful.

Anyway, we have plenty of time to lynch scum

VOTE: AGOTI
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 am

can we at least hear who farside blocked before lynchin me.

thanx.
a load of unreasonable, nonsensical play, like a shallow and generally useless version of roflcopter
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Fate »

Fuckin what is going on super scumgambit
?

We've basically won this...
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Fate »

K so:

1. Farside posts
2. ???
3. We win

Ill be here laughin if you need me
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:35 am

Post by farside22 »

I'd like Reg to explain to me why he wants us to massclaim because I don't see the advantage to it, at all.
Also, your explanation about why you didn't track Farside smells bad, why would you want to the possibility of confirming two townies (yourself and Farside to an extent), on the of chance Farside isn't scum? If Farside was scum she would have killed you off anyway, no? So why justify you choice based on that factor? Looks like bullshit to me.
FOS Reg

I completely agree, especially as he said he would confirm himself by tracking me and he claimed his result after I claimed.

regfan wrote:I led and pushed the Zoraster lynch would make it obvious enough that I'm town therefore my efforts and usage of my track would be best used tracking potential future mslynches to clear them.

Scum don't bus?
Since when?

I will say I did not RB porochaz.

Regfan wrote:A) That the person I tracked to a no-visit is likely town and clear and B) That I have another nights worth of tracking tonight in which I can clear/confirm Farside if needed.

Are you saying for sure you know the scum player or team (depending on 1 or 2) did not sumbit a kill? If there is 2 scum left in the game this does not clear Porochaz as all it takes is one scum member to kill.

Regfan wrote:It's post like this which actually aggravate me, you haven't attempted to state what part of mass-claiming is bad despite me putting forward overwhelming evidence showing that it's actually very optimal to do so. Instead you're attempting to instead pass it of and call it suspicious.

Because your trying to out a potentional doctor in the game, when so far the town is ahead and the mafia may be failing when they target players.

For the record with the last conversation going on I believed Regfan was going to track me. His desire to clear Porochaz without thinking of a possible 4th scum in the game makes me doubt him more and more. Plus I claimed before he claimed to track me.
I want Porochaz to state if he went anywhere yesterday.

Finally I roleblocked VPB mostly because DGB claimed VT and figured if DGB was telling the truth I'm not hurting anyone.

Still like this person the most.

vote: AGOTI

if there is another scum I'm looking at Regfan
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:40 am

k.

def lynch VP tomoz then.

laters!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Fate »

Uhhhh

Vote: VP

P. Sure I'm doin this right?

>_>
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Fate »

WAIT
DGB CLAIMED VT?

AFTER THAT DOC READ I HAD ON HER ALL THIS GAME???

KILLKITKILL IT KILLITKILLIT
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Fate wrote:....

Uhhhh

Vote: VP

P. Sure I'm doin this right?

>_>

So far I blocked LlamaMarble (mason), Regfan (claimed tracker) and now VPB (claimed yesterday VT). Honestly I'm starting to feel like either the scum team is fucking with me at this point or the doctor is just that good.
I'll wait to see what VBP says. He's in my null range.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Regfan »

Farside, I never said it clears him if there's two scum. I said I'm assuming and believe that there's one scum remaining and therefore him not visiting increases the likelihood he's town significantly. Mafia cannot afford to not send in a kill because doing so leads towards more mslynches gained and therefore drastically decreases their chances of winning.

Had you actually read the suggestion and reasoning behind the mass-claim and managed to have the ability to look at plans objectively you would have realized that mass-claim is actually significantly better than not doing so at this point in the game however you seem content to continue ignoring my points and tunnel on.

---

Fate, Llarmable, Farside, Shafted, Elibereth and Porochaz (Assuming no mafia ninja) are almost undoubtedly town. That leaves scum to be one of Agoti, VP, Mastin and Spring. I have relatively weak town-reads on AGOTI and VP right now though both need to provide more content thus I need to read into Mastin and Spring later tonight.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

You know better then anyone here Regfan that no matter how you pretty it up I disagree with outting any power role.
Also you keep saying the doc should not claim if one of the following options happened from what I see. Maybe the doctor is on the list, maybe he protected those on the list. Therefore a doctor claiming at that points does nothing.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Fate »

There is no fucking doc. Kill Vp
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Llamarble »

VOTE: VPB
Reread DGB and whatever gave me town thoughts wasn't really there.
I think this one ends it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Regfan wrote:
Fate, Llarmable, Farside, Shafted, Elibereth and Porochaz (Assuming no mafia ninja) are almost undoubtedly town. That leaves scum to be one of Agoti, VP, Mastin and Spring. I have relatively weak town-reads on AGOTI and VP right now though both need to provide more content thus I need to read into Mastin and Spring later tonight.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love :roll: Regfan putting AGOTI from town to null to scum right back to town little to no reasoning.

What prey tell is the relatively weak town read you have on AGOTI and what changed from yesterday?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Regfan »

farside22 wrote:What prey tell is the relatively weak town read you have on AGOTI and what changed from yesterday?

Interactions with Parabollocks at day start doesn't read as mafia on mafia, yes. I know it's weak but it makes me feel uncomfortable enough with her lynch to not want to do it today and her attitude today doesn't read as defeatist scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Regfan »

Fate wrote:There is no fucking doc. Kill Vp

So mafia decided to just no-kill on N1 and N2?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”