Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Honest Abel wrote:whilst, I do not like the phrase "If I am mafia." cavjj said the same thing. You should not be saying this about yourself, it makes no sense.

you argued in our last game that not accounting for yourself was scummy. can you explain to me the difference?
down
and that's the way we get down
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Honest Abel wrote:Bad plan, I'm town. Investigate me, scumhunt me, pressure me, etc. But don't lynch me just because of some implication the supposed jailkeeper made.

Real (town)Men aren't afraid to be lynched to prove their towniness. Scum pretending to be town are.

Vote: Honest Abel
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Honest Abel »

It's like in every situation, everyone acts as scummy as possible. How are 2–3 people following such an illogical argument with no other points behind it? Read my ISO. Pressure me. Stop being sheep and think for yourselves.

DC, that's a good point. I don't know why if mafia knew NS was the jailkeeper why they wouldn't try to kill him. Probably because they didn't really know?

dicknose, I lumped you in there but then later said 2–3, mainly because you called me scum after NS's big reveal. I don't know what you are referring to about accounting for yourself. However, I think a difference between town and scum is that town should expend every possible effort convincing others that they are town before resigning to saying "okay, lynch me and there's still a good shot you can win." whilst has not done this. I plan to.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm not afraid to be lynched. I'm playing to the town win condition in refusing to be lynched.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Honest Abel »

It's going to hurt the town and make a successful lynch on D4 much harder. I do not think we will win if you lynch me. That's why I don't want to be lynched, and that's the truth.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I advise you all slow down before joining NS and read through my ISO, read through the game, read through cavjj's ISO, etc. Pressure me. Ask me some good questions. This is a good opportunity to scumhunt.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Nobody Special wrote:
Vote: Honest Abel

you're ready to start voting? what are your reasons for thinking your investigation means abel is scum?
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Bricktoes »

and am i right in thinking this setup guarantees us at least one town power role?
down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Yes, at least one, and 2/3 odds for another.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I believe that Abel's reactions to what's happened are incriminating; he is trying desperately not to be lynched, while if you notice several other people are actually OFFERING THEMSELVES UP for sacrifice.

My thinking is rather than lynch supposed townies while jailing Abel, we just start with Abel, then go from there if he happens to flip town (which I just don't think will happen -- it's a gut thing).

Picture this: worst case -- we lynch Abel today, and he flips town. Again worst case, I don't jail the right player, and there's a successful nightkill.

We then go into Day Four with four players -- 3 town, 1 scum. We still have a more-than-decent chance of winning.

At this point, based mostly on Abel's reactions lately, I'm willing to lynch him and try to (if necessary -- which I don't think it will be) jail the proper player tonight.

If I'm right, though, and Abel is the last scum, we've won.

With the other plan, if Abel is the last scum, and we jail him for the next two nights or so, we'll never know until endgame. And LyLo is not the place to have someone with that much suspicion on them. Better to get him out of the way now.

P-Edit: Yes, there's at least one town power role, maybe two. I'm the jailkeeper; there may be a cop or a doc, too; or there may not be. Don't claim, though. (Yes, my claim was a tiny bit premature; if I could go back I might actually follow Abel's idea of jailing him one more night before claiming, but alas, I can't turn back time.)
....what?

DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:06 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:
DC, that's a good point. I don't know why if mafia knew NS was the jailkeeper why they wouldn't try to kill him. Probably because they didn't really know?

Maybe. Or maybe you are scum.
The way how Cav claimed to know the Jailer and how the Jailer was indeed the IC like I expected - fit each other too well. It can be coincidence and I have seen amazing ones before (like cop investigating the godfather on D1), but I'm still willing to bet on this one. Not to mention how you have been on the top of my suspects list since D2 along with Whilst.

VOTE: Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Why don't you guys come up with some other evidence on me other than the possibility that I'm scum because NS jailed me? It makes no sense why you are hinging the entire argument on that, unless NS is just doing this as a ploy to see who will vote for me using his bad reasoning. If that's the case (as I suspected it might be), there you go, DC.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Bricktoes »

DarkClaymore wrote:The way how Cav claimed to know the Jailer and how the Jailer was indeed the IC like I expected - fit each other too well.

So? What does that prove?
down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Nobody Special wrote:I believe that Abel's reactions to what's happened are incriminating; he is trying desperately not to be lynched, while if you notice several other people are actually OFFERING THEMSELVES UP for sacrifice.
At this point, based mostly on Abel's reactions lately, I'm willing to lynch him and try to (if necessary -- which I don't think it will be) jail the proper player tonight.

So you had no reasoning to support him being scum at the time you declared him scum?
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:Why don't you guys come up with some other evidence on me other than the possibility that I'm scum because NS jailed me? It makes no sense why you are hinging the entire argument on that

Don't forget that you play the "extremely protown boy" role. If done well, it's close to impossible to find anything convincing against you from your posts. Thus, the only way to lynch you is with reasons based on
actions

True, cop investigation or jailing twice in a row with no NKs would have made things more obvious. But we missed the latter and perhaps can't have the former at all.

dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:The way how Cav claimed to know the Jailer and how the Jailer was indeed the IC like I expected - fit each other too well.

So? What does that prove?

For me, it makes assuming "scum knew NS is the Jailer" more likely. Hence, there was no point in targeting Abel at night over NS. And atm, Abel is clear only if we assume he was targeted at night by the mafia.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Just wanted to put these two things together.
Nobody Special wrote:I believe that Abel's reactions to what's happened are incriminating; he is trying desperately not to be lynched, while if you notice several other people are actually OFFERING THEMSELVES UP for sacrifice.
Abel wrote:I think a difference between town and scum is that town should expend every possible effort convincing others that they are town before resigning to saying "okay, lynch me and there's still a good shot you can win." whilst has not done this. I plan to.
Offering yourself up for sacrifice is not protown. It's a tactic to try to keep yourself alive. You are not absolved until you are lynched.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Honest Abel »

NS may have seriously fucked this game for town with his roleclaim and admission of suspicion on me, but that's not a reason to give up and let you guys lynch me just so I can say "haha, you guys probably feel dumb now, eh?" I'd rather still win.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Bricktoes »

DarkClaymore wrote:For me, it makes assuming "scum knew NS is the Jailer" more likely. Hence, there was no point in targeting Abel at night over NS. And atm, Abel is clear only if we assume he was targeted at night by the mafia.

Ok. If that's true, scum could only be Abel, but the info leading to NS was that he's an IC. No reason to assume only Abel would investigate him based on that and, as we learned (thanks to Abes) on day one, everyone would have been gunning for NS at least for an investigation.
down
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Nobody Special »

dicknose wrote:

So you had no reasoning to support him being scum at the time you declared him scum?

No. More of a gut feel. I took a chance, jailed him, now we have the results.
....what?

DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:For me, it makes assuming "scum knew NS is the Jailer" more likely. Hence, there was no point in targeting Abel at night over NS. And atm, Abel is clear only if we assume he was targeted at night by the mafia.

Ok. If that's true, scum could only be Abel, but the info leading to NS was that he's an IC. No reason to assume only Abel would investigate him based on that and, as we learned (thanks to Abes) on day one, everyone would have been gunning for NS at least for an investigation.

I didn't say I suspect Abel because he might have investigated NS. Rather, what you said further proves my point since I assume that no matter who the rolecop is - he must have investigated NS. I was blocked and I know I'm not the rolecop. So scum must have got their result. Then why attempt to kill Abel when you could kill the Jailer who is also the IC? Two birds with one bullet.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Honest Abel wrote:NS may have seriously fucked this game for town with his roleclaim and admission of suspicion on me, but that's not a reason to give up and let you guys lynch me just so I can say "haha, you guys probably feel dumb now, eh?" I'd rather still win.

Nice AtE.

I could be convinced to go after someone else, but I'd need a pretty good case. whilst seems very town with his plan; DC seems townish based on his waffling. dicknose I'm still up in the air about.

But you, Sir, need to hang. You're not doing town any favors right now.
....what?

Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Nobody Special wrote:
dicknose wrote:

No. More of a gut feel. I took a chance, jailed him, now we have the results.

Why did you say you did?
down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm not doing the town any favors right now? Look at my activity today. Look at my activity all game. I've done the town plenty of favors, and the rest of it is parrying your illogical bullshit. I'll be resuming my cases on whlst and DC tonight so long as I have an opportunity for a break from your nonsense.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Also, the day just fucking began. Cool your jets, buddy.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

It's really just frustrating that you would make an argument like that based on an assumption and inconclusive evidence and that two other people would follow along with it despite the fact that I was one of the mutually agreed strongest town reads up to that point. Very frustrating and ridiculous, etc., in my opinion. Sorry if I overreacted.

Also, I would not only rather win than give up and get lynched, I would rather have you apologize for making such a terrible case once the game is over and have a win under my belt in spite of you.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”