[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by HezLucky »

This game is stalling.

I'm going to make this simple for people.

You do not keep someone alive because of their claim. EVER.

Wicked tomorrow will claim a guilty or something, lead to a mislynch, and suddenly he's gone from being lynched on day 1 to taking TWO people with him (whoever gets lynched today in his place, plus his fake guilty tomorrow)

That's way too much fucking damage for someone who is completely bogus. Where the hell is everyone? Wicked needs to be lynched, and anyone arguing he shouldn't be lynched TODAY because of his claim is piece of shit scum that also needs to hang.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by HezLucky »

tarsonisocelot wrote:
HezLucky wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Leave them alive until tomorrow and either the scumteam will kill them if they're town and there's no doctor, the scumteam will not kill anyone giving us a free day or the scumteam will kill a random and we'll lynch Wicked tomorrow.

What? How long are we going to leave wicked scumbag alive? Right now he is scum just squriming for one more day. This is not town play at all.

Just until tomorrow.
Then we potentially get one more piece of information.
There are enough people alive that we can do this without risking the game.

You're right about Wicked's play being anti-town for the vast majority of this game and more so now, but I can hope that if they are town then knowing that they will be killed tomorrow they'll pick their investigation target wisely tonight and give us a set of reads to go on with (that we will completely ignore if they are scum).

I am willing to hammer Wicked tomorrow, or if we reach deadline today without an alternative.

LobsterCatapult: Why do you think scum have the ability to roleblock or rediect town powers?
Also I agree with you on there likely being one scum out of {avast|el simo} and that one likely being el simo based on the yesterday wagoning.
VOTE: el simo

This guy is scum for the reason I posted in the previous post.

"I think Wicked is scum but I DON'T WANT HIM LYNCHED"

What. The. Fuck. There is no reason for this. He's trying desperately to put a counterwagon together too.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

eh. youre right, i was hoping to get some discussion out of today....but it looks like this is the only way today will be productive.

>_>....

unvote
voute:wicked
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by Horrifying Hero »

Our vote is precisely where it needs to be.
Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 am

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

I'm here~
Though I'll be off soonish >.< So the post will likely be coming tomorrow.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Amor »

lewarcher82 replaces avasthearties, effective immediately.

Due to all the flaking/replacements I'm moving the deadline back a week to August 26 at 11:59 PM.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Mod:
I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have little to no access the next 2-3 days. I had limited access the last two days as well, but wasn't expecting it.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

Wow... I'm impressed with this last page...
Anyway, I'm going to read this game and hopefully activity will be better~
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

[sig]Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22[/sig]

Guess this is my 'welcome back' gift >.<
Off to read now, this post was made to prepare myself >.<
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:32 am

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

Ok, ugh, that convo between Hez and Yank was a pain in the ass ._. (3rd complainment >.<)
Suspects I have are Wicked, Yank, Avas and Confid at the start. But I'm only at page 13. I'll read the rest later today and tomorrow.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:56 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

/confirm. Will catchup as quickly as possible.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

HezLucky wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:
HezLucky wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Leave them alive until tomorrow and either the scumteam will kill them if they're town and there's no doctor, the scumteam will not kill anyone giving us a free day or the scumteam will kill a random and we'll lynch Wicked tomorrow.

What? How long are we going to leave wicked scumbag alive? Right now he is scum just squriming for one more day. This is not town play at all.

Just until tomorrow.
Then we potentially get one more piece of information.
There are enough people alive that we can do this without risking the game.

You're right about Wicked's play being anti-town for the vast majority of this game and more so now, but I can hope that if they are town then knowing that they will be killed tomorrow they'll pick their investigation target wisely tonight and give us a set of reads to go on with (that we will completely ignore if they are scum).

I am willing to hammer Wicked tomorrow, or if we reach deadline today without an alternative.

LobsterCatapult: Why do you think scum have the ability to roleblock or rediect town powers?
Also I agree with you on there likely being one scum out of {avast|el simo} and that one likely being el simo based on the yesterday wagoning.
VOTE: el simo

This guy is scum for the reason I posted in the previous post.

"I think Wicked is scum but I DON'T WANT HIM LYNCHED"

What. The. Fuck. There is no reason for this. He's trying desperately to put a counterwagon together too.

@hez why are you harassing taron over this when i practically did the same thing?

@taron: scum with roleblocking powers is something ive come across in almost every game ive played. so it was naturally of me to assume it. however, assumptions make an ass of you and me >_>
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

HezLucky wrote:
Wicked tomorrow will claim a guilty or something, lead to a mislynch, and suddenly he's gone from being lynched on day 1 to taking TWO people with him (whoever gets lynched today in his place, plus his fake guilty tomorrow)

That's why I said that we lynch Wicked regardless of result tomorrow.
I've recently seen a couple of people I thought were omgscum flip town prs and it's made me wary of things like this.

My idea was that we could lynch whoever we would have lynched tomorrow today, and Wicked tomorrow with a small chance of having a useable result.

It's 1for1 not 1for2 and therefore not favourable to scum if Wickedscum.
If Wickedtown then them dying tomorrow would give us 2 confirmed alignments instead of one.

Thinking through, it may have become a little convoluted.
Willing to hammer Wicked today.

Sorry flaked from the site for a few days.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by HezLucky »

LobsterCatapult wrote:@hez why are you harassing taron over this when i practically did the same thing?

I missed your-doing-that.

But a counterwagon does not start at one. Tarson was vote two {had he voted elsewhere i would not be holding him against this -- but with wicked absolutely needing to be the lynch today a second vote completely rubs me the wrong way}.

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:10 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

HezLucky wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:@hez why are you harassing taron over this when i practically did the same thing?

I missed your-doing-that.

But a counterwagon does not start at one. Tarson was vote two {had he voted elsewhere i would not be holding him against this -- but with wicked absolutely needing to be the lynch today a second vote completely rubs me the wrong way}.

She. Tarsonis is a planet.
And as the "vote 2 = scum" has been brought up in this game already then trying to use it as a tell is fail.
The only tells that still work a fair amount of the time when people are aware of them are based around subtle points of interaction which are hard to deliberately alter, not magic numbers which are very easy to hit or avoid.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Amor »

Ethos replaces ConfidAnon, effective immediately.
Show

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Ethos »

Slax+Reg replacing in here. Catching up now.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Ethos »

Alright, we've both read up on everything, well not everything, there's sections we both want to go back and read over becuase we were slightly unfocused and distracted whn reading through the game. The amount of obvtown vs obvtown arguing and voting throughout this game has been abysmal. Yank and Hez, I know you two clearly dislike the other persons playstyle but both of you are town and obvous at that so for the love of god no more arguging this game.

KKN, Yank, HH and Hez and El Simo are obvious town, Tarson is a considerably weaker town-read but a town read nonetheless. Neither of us are feeling motivated enough to go into detail about these reads right now however if you want a detailed explanation for any particular read just ask. Both of us agree that Wickeds claim and play has been frustrating and scummy although at the moment we think he's town via PoE because we're relatively certain that we've nailed the scum team.

The scum team are Lobster and Avasthe, there's so much god damn proof showing so as well including Friends soft distancing with Avsas when he replaced in. Avas's acknowledgement and arguing wth anyone else who FoS's her but her avoidance of doing so with Friend. The voting and bandwagonging that occured throughout the later half of day one and the fact that Lobster stated that she FoS'ed Avas and was happy hammering yet never voted her once throughout the entire day. The fact that Lobster came straight into today saying not lynching cop is the best bet but her quick change of mind when an illogical argument was put forward. There's also multiple individual scum-tells that each has dropped such as Avas decline of activity and play other than changing of votes at the later half of day one and Vifams interactions with Lobster stating that her posts were "off' but never voting her.

Honestly, just ISO the both of them, read their comments directed or about each other and their actual play in the game. Lobster voted just about everyone in the room with the exception of Vifam and Avasthe despite having them both as scum-reads at one point or another when a wagon was forming on them and Lobsters urging Vifam to come back when he was getting voted at the end of the day while voting Rainbow.

Heck, Mastin I know that you've got it stuck in your mind that Avas is town and that Wicked is scum but I really rather not have a repeat of Mini 1180, it's the very last thing I want to occur. So please for the love of god join us on either the Lobster or Avas lynch and have Wicked investigate one more time tonight. If somehow we're wrong on Lobster and Avas and they flip town (Which I'm close enough to guaranteeing that won't) then you can deal with Wicked tomorrow after he's outed his report.

vote avast
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Ethos »

In case the replacement means our vote didn't count we'll revote. Also note how he stated he was going to catch up but nothing posted since then, he's trying to lurk out the day until Wicked gets lynched.

Vote: Lewarcher

@Mod - Can you prod/explain what's happened to Yank, he hasn't posted in 10 days. Thanks.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Amor »

Ethos wrote:
@Mod - Can you prod/explain what's happened to Yank, he hasn't posted in 10 days. Thanks.

He's been prodded and failed to respond. Right now I'm still looking for a replacement.
Show

Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Horrifying Hero »

Heck, Mastin I know that you've got it stuck in your mind that Avas is town and that Wicked is scum but I really rather not have a repeat of Mini 1180, it's the very last thing I want to occur. So please for the love of god join us on either the Lobster or Avas lynch and have Wicked investigate one more time tonight. If somehow we're wrong on Lobster and Avas and they flip town (Which I'm close enough to guaranteeing that won't) then you can deal with Wicked tomorrow after he's outed his report.
If it were just me?

Sure, why not? My morale's at pretty much one of the lowest points in my career; it wouldn't take much to convince me. (And reminding me of failures strikes a nerve. :P)

But it's not just me.

We're a hydra, too. We both share many of the same opinions as well. And among them, is the firm belief that Wicked is scum. (Though, admittedly, Avas is one of the candidates for second-scum. We're not convinced on anyone being second-scum enough to vote for them until we look further into it. The order's actually YankCane151/Kid Know Nothing/tarsonisocelot/avasthearties for us. Give or take, anyway. We haven't done much work on it out of pretty much sheer boredom due to Wicked.)
Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Ethos »

Hey mastin, slaxx here.

Regfan and I have never been more confident in a scumteam. We were literally posting the same incriminating links at the same time and cracking up about it because we were that sure and that lined up with our reads.

Wicked is null for us. I know cop+vig seems OP but for now we should really leave the cop claim alone. Honestly, the only reason the vig got shot before the cop is because the vig was suspicious of scum (otherwise, why kill the vig). Look who his vigpool was-the only remaining living and unconfirmed player is the guy we are voting.

Trust us Mastin. This is probably right. If you have a town read on our slot, sheep us ftw.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Ethos wrote:Wicked is null for us. I know cop+vig seems OP but for now we should really leave the cop claim alone. Honestly, the only reason the vig got shot before the cop is because the vig was suspicious of scum (otherwise, why kill the vig). Look who his vigpool was-the only remaining living and unconfirmed player is the guy we are voting.

This is interesting.

But we are lynching Wicked today. End of story.

Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Ethos »

HezLucky wrote:
Ethos wrote:Wicked is null for us. I know cop+vig seems OP but for now we should really leave the cop claim alone. Honestly, the only reason the vig got shot before the cop is because the vig was suspicious of scum (otherwise, why kill the vig). Look who his vigpool was-the only remaining living and unconfirmed player is the guy we are voting.

This is interesting.

Why.

Why are you halting any further discussion. We brought up excellent points on two highly suspicious players. We are very confident of this lynch. I don't play this game. You convince me why I should switch over to Wicked. Don't dismiss points I just spent an hour talking over with "interesting...oh, lynch that guy"

LC's ISO literally
damns
her as scum. Same with avast. Take off your tunnel goggles. Sure, Wicked might be scum (though we are highly confident it is avast+LC with him as more of a wild card), but he is much more useful alive. And lynching outside of his claim works better today. If we lynch him and he flips cop, shit. If we lynch him and he flips scum, cool. Back to the thinking lab for Reg and I. However, if we lynch lewarcher today and he flips scum, he is obviously not scum with lewarcher/avast (look back at his iso). Last scum is forced to kill Wicked because he is cop+obvtown. Two for one. Scum gets lynched and a scummy player dies.

If you're not convinced, ask for a case. But don't just dismiss it with "lolthatguy dies" because thats very frustrating, especially in regards to how confident we are on this lynch.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Ethos wrote:
HezLucky wrote:

This is interesting.

Why.

Why are you halting any further discussion. We brought up excellent points on two highly suspicious players. We are very confident of this lynch. I don't play this game. You convince me why I should switch over to Wicked. Don't dismiss points I just spent an hour talking over with "interesting...oh, lynch that guy"

LC's ISO literally
damns
her as scum. Same with avast. Take off your tunnel goggles. Sure, Wicked might be scum (though we are highly confident it is avast+LC with him as more of a wild card), but he is much more useful alive. And lynching outside of his claim works better today. If we lynch him and he flips cop, shit. If we lynch him and he flips scum, cool. Back to the thinking lab for Reg and I. However, if we lynch lewarcher today and he flips scum, he is obviously not scum with lewarcher/avast (look back at his iso). Last scum is forced to kill Wicked because he is cop+obvtown. Two for one. Scum gets lynched and a scummy player dies.

If you're not convinced, ask for a case. But don't just dismiss it with "lolthatguy dies" because thats very frustrating, especially in regards to how confident we are on this lynch.

You're confident.

I am too.

Except a shit-ton of players agree with me that Wicked is scum, and it's just a matter of me convincing them that you should never keep someone alive because of what they claim.

You've read through the game probably once.

I've lived the game for the past (2?) months and have actually caught a mafia.

What makes your certainty better than mine, huh?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”