Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Wow Cybele thanks for not telling us what you are sumbitting and for taking out the red words...

And for not using Papyrus after a 3-2 vote...
You Are Worth It
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

FTR, what Mist is talking about:

[ Ferris Wheel: Kill to Live ]

[..][.:][::][::][:.][..]

Round, like a circle in a spiral;
like a wheel within a wheel.
Never ending or beginning,
on an ever spinning reel.
Like a snowball down a mountain
or a carnivale balloon.
Like a carousel that's turning
running rings around the moon.

[..][.:][::][::][:.][..]

To Whom it May Concern:

Ok, here is the
grave
situation. All players are strapped into seats on a ferris wheel. None of you are going anywhere--our ride attendants saw to it that your restraints were tightly knotted before the ride began. But don't fret, for that is the least of your problems. At the highest point of the wheel, there is a machine gun that can
obliterate
any other player's seat in the time a player has to fire it before their seat starts to
descend.
Is this legal? Probably not, but who's going to stop us?

How do you survive? It's simple:
The last person standing wins!
If you manage to dodge the bullets, you will be released from the ride with a box of popcorn and a sincere apology from our manager. If you feel nauseous at any point during the ride,
too bad

Ah, well I digress. This game is ridiculously simple and barely needs a mod. Just as many people as possible may sign up. I would like to have 200 players. But I'll start it up if I can get 12ish within a few days.
I will randomly put everybody in a turn order,
and if people trickle in afterwards then they can just go at the end of the turn order. When it's your turn, you may

Kill: Other Player
in the thread. Then it is immediately the turn of the next living player in the turn order.

If you do not kill somebody in
26 hours
of it becoming your turn, your grip on the gun causes your arms to be pulled off and you
die
. Next guy's turn.

I will not
prod
people when it's their turn; that is everybody else's job! I trust you all have cell phones, though, so you can try to persuade people not to shoot you, or make alliances, etc. Definitely talk outside the thread if you want--it could very well save your life.
Happy pickings.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Blackberry wrote:
Thoughts, anyone?

Team Excel's banner image appears distorted. I like what they were going for with the traces of red, but I think any menacing quality the banner might have conveyed was/is obscured by the filter they placed over the image. Aesthetically, I personally feel the noise detracts from the image and makes the splotches of red look haphazard. This, coupled with the rainbow letters and the alteration between red and blue text gives the whole submission a sense of separation. I understand the introduction being in red to tie in with the banner, but why are the rules separated by colors? Why is 200 three different colors? There is no definite unifying element; the color scheme is thrown off by "FERRIS WHEEL" and the red/blue/off-black combination clashes.

I don't mean to insult any of you--I'm just giving my critical opinion.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Cybele »

Blackberry wrote:
Cybele
[Project Manager]
  • How do you think you performed as Project Manager?
I did my best. I made every decision with the team's best performance in mind. I organized us quickly, encouraged discussion, brought forth goals for us to achieve, and showcased each players' contributions in the QT. When it was necessary, I worked later hours, and made calls that I felt needed to be made. I'm sorry if feelings were hurt, but if the decisions I made helped us to achieve another win, will always stand by them.
Blackberry wrote:
  • Who worked on Assignment #3 for this task?
Everyone that was active at all contributed to both assignments in some way. Primarily, Assignment #3 was headed by Thomith, animorpherv1 and Mist7676.
Blackberry wrote:
  • Who worked on Assignment #4 for this task? Do you think the image of the ferris wheel is clearly noticeable?
Once again, everyone who was active contributed to all aspects of this Task. The banner was designed primarily by kloud and myself, though. Mist also designed a banner, but it was not used.
Blackberry wrote:
  • Who wrote the opening post/rewrote the text for this task?
The final version of the text was written by kloud and myself. Versions that were not used were worked on by the previously mentioned Thomith, animorpherv1 and Mist.
Blackberry wrote:
  • Are you satisfied with your final submission?
Barring a last minute kerfuffle regarding our font choice (as seen primarily in my correspondence with you when submitting the Task), I feel everything is satisfactory
Blackberry wrote:
  • Give me a summary of each player's work on this task and how you would rank them.
Damn, I'm repeating myself here.
kloud1516: Spent copious amounts of time designing the banner. Includes looking for images, photoshopping them together, attempting to add text, putting up with my shitty ideas, staying up until the wee hours of the morning, and discussing any ideas I had at the time. Also added text to the OP, which really improved it as a whole. Basically, any text changes not including the song lyrics were kloud's work. He was easily the strongest contributer.
Cybele: Organization, discussion, helping kloud with the banner, wasting his time with ideas that didn't go anywhere, providing the song lyrics, formatting the font colours and such.
Mist7676: Discussion and designed a potential banner that wasn't used. Had the idea to use Papyrus text for highlighted words. Wasn't used.
Thomith: Discussion and provided potential formatting choices for the text. They weren't used.
animorpherv1: Discussion and provided potential text-reorganizing. Wasn't used.
ZazieR: Nothing.
TornadoSwirl: Doesn't exist.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Cybele »

I wanted to address this in another post:
Blackberry wrote:Why select a font that might not be able to be read by most people?
If I played it safe and only used a font that could be guaranteed everyone had, it would have been less appealing. I made a choice to provide the best option I could. Baskerville fits perfectly with the atmosphere we're attempting. However, if I could do it again, I would change things. I would made the OP a series of images with the text on them, therefore allowing us to use the proper text and have it viewable by all. A more refined version of what I had sent you after the discussion we had. I regret not doing so beforehand, but not everything goes according to plan.

It's worth noting that the text-as-image is actually and idea I had before-hand, but it was not implemented for several reasons, after discussing it with kloud. The idea was to use it on a select few words and phrases as an advanced highlight and eye-catcher. You could compare it to a classy-version of using WordArt in a Word document or Powerpoint presentation.

On the topic of Papyrus, there really was no discussion to be had. I will not abide by that being used in my project. It's trite and ugly. No exceptions. Also no Comic Sans.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Cybele »

Blackberry wrote:
Thoughts, anyone?
I'd agree with kloud in the vein that the banner and text choices offer a stark, mood-breaking juxtaposition. It loses me.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Tragedy »

That fancy Image.
It burns my eyes.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

BB asked for a banner. I feel that Eucleia's picture is a sign, not a banner.
To be clear: quack
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Cybele Comic Sans is universaly hated...
Papyrus is actually really good...
You Are Worth It
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Cybele »

The key here is that it was completely unfitting for our atmosphere. Tell me it wasn't.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Quilford »

Papyrus would've been goddamn terrible.

Excel will lose pretty convincingly here.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I think your submission is ugly and it hurts my eyes.
/adhom
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by CSL »

Blackberry wrote:
Team Excel
Team Excel (everyone else)

• What did you do during this task?
  • Are you satisfied with your team's final submission? Is there anything you think could have been improved or that you would have changed?
  • How do you think Leonshade performed as Project Manager?
  • Who on your team are the weak links, and why?

Misc. Question
For Anyone

• What are your thoughts on how the Project Managers handled the negotiation over a time extension? Did you think your team could have benefited from more time? Do you think either PM made a mistake in his negotiations?

[1] I was a critic. Basically commented on rough drafts and stuff.

[2a] I'm completely satisfied with what we put together as a team.
[2b] Not really.

[3] He performed admirably. He did a good job under time pressure.

[4] kiwieagle. He only contributed
post between the start of the task, and our submission. If we lose, it's mostly his fault for contributing diddly SQUAT!

[$] We probably could have done more contributing if we had an extra 24 hours to work with.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Thomith »

* What did you do during this task?
I helped where i could by working on the text and offered advice and opinions every time we edited the work.

* Are you satisfied with your team's final submission? Is there anything you think could have been improved or that you would have changed?
I am satisfied with the final submission, i think if we kept key words standing out it would look a little better but over all i think it looks very good.

* How do you think Cybele performed as Project Manager?
She was a good project manager although she didn't make it clear what the final submission was, but that is only a minor thing

* Who on your team are the weak links, and why?
Tornadoswirl for basically not existing and ZazieR for not contributing anything to the task.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by CSL »

Again with the failing, Thomith.

(Cybele's a male)
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Don't ruin my meme.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by Cybele »

Guys, don't forget your thoughts on how the other team did.
@SK: that crappy meme can't be made any worse.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

[insert Homestuck reference]
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Blackberry wrote:
Leonshade
[Project Manager]
  • How do you think you performed as Project Manager?
  • Who worked on Assignment #3 for this task? Why select rainbow font for the title?
  • Who worked on Assignment #4 for this task? Who selected the font for the image?
  • Are you satisfied with your final submission?
  • Give me a summary of each player's work on this task and how you would rank them.

1: I'm satisfied with my job, I did my best to consider the ideas suggested and tried to bring about an end result that would satisfy everyone involved.
2: That would be Sleepy and I, along with CSL giving frequent criticism. The rainbow font represents the colorful people represented in the ferris wheel.
3: Tragedy did all of the work on the image. I took a shot at resizing it at one point, but I'm just no good at image editing.
4: I am, we did what we could with the time given to us and the skills at our disposal.
5: Tragedy: Made the image. It may not be as polished and overproduced as the Photoshop snobs over in team Eucleia wanted it to be, but she did what she could and it turned out just fine.
SleepyKrew: Co-worker on assignment 3. He came up with the basic layout of the text, such as the rainbow title and the colors seperating the rules into specific easily identifiable parts. He also came up with the slogan in the banner. He did his job well.
CSL: The critic, CSL gave suggestions, opinions and criticism about everything, helping us improve our assignments. Being a critic is an underrated job, but she helped us out a lot.
Leonshade: I was a co-worker on assignment 3. I made draft after draft of the assignment, trying to find a color balance everyone would agree on. I tried to achieve an end-result everyone working on the project could agree with, and I think I largely succeeded.
kiwieagle: Posted one helpful piece of information in the QT. Could've done a lot more.
Chevre: Same as kiwieagle, in addition to promising to take a shot at both assignments. Failed to do anything after that. Could've done a lot more.
Twistedspoon: Failed to post once in the QT after the task started. Could've done something at the very least.

Blackberry wrote:
Thoughts, anyone?

The sign is fancy, even if it lacks the quality of being a banner like the assignment asked for. Despite the fact that Team Eucleia should be disqualified from assignment 4, their assignment is fine. Don't much care for the song lyrics, they're at best superficially related to the game concept. The text itself is professional enough.

Quilford wrote:Papyrus would've been goddamn terrible.

Excel will lose pretty convincingly here.

Didn't you get thrown through a window or something?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Cybele »

Tell me where it says banners have to be short by wide. You hope for ours to be disqualified because it's the only chance you have.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Cybele wrote:Tell me where it says banners have to be short by wide.

That's what banners are.

Cybele wrote:You hope for ours to be disqualified because it's the only chance you have.

Nah, I just want to keep this thing fair.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by Cybele »

Leonshade wrote:The rainbow font represents the colorful people represented in the ferris wheel.

Then something like this would have made a better banner template:
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Cybele »

Leonshade wrote:
Cybele wrote:Tell me where it says banners have to be short by wide.

That's what banners are.
Then you should have no problem finding some sort of text to support you. Indisputably.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by CSL »

Cease this argument.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O