Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Friend »

Looking forward to xvart's catchup post. MusicNinja was scummy as hell and I'm not willing to let that slide until xvart talks.

Anyways, Substrike's last post feels like a post I would make as frustrated town.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:

"Where's Scumhunter?"

The town erupts into chaos. People run ever which way screaming at the top of their lungs. Chaos reigns as the pews are turned on end and the stain-glass windows are shattered. Then, a calm voice penetrates the madness.

"I was just in the bathroom!"

Everyone stops in their tracks, and all eyes slowly gaze over towards Scumhunter.

oops[/i]

Nobody died Night One

Are we able to take this flavor to mean Scumhunter was targeted for ANY kill (whether town-sided or scum-sided), and wasn't killed, or did you chose a random name? rlly imprtnt qeston!

Whiskers wrote:So, I'm totally happy with a substrike22 lynch, (in the first few hours of Day 2. Sppedlynching is cruise control for cool!) but why is he scum?

So you're totally OK with lynching some guy for being scum. But wait, why is he scum again?

-.-
Scumhunter wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3328390

^My feelings on substrike. Not much has happened to change that sentiment.
Linked Post wrote:Null/Probably a scum in here: iamausername/Maruchan
First Post After Daybreak by Substrike22 wrote:In other news I just realized that iamausername is obv town. Not really sure what took me so long to realize it.

Should I be worried here?

Whiskers wrote:No really, wouldn't it be cool if we lynched in the first few hours?

Whiskers, you've jumped the train tracks on your alignment overnight it seems.
Panacea wrote:Sorry, guys, but V/LA from now until either tomorrow night or Thursday morning. I'm moving into my apartment halfway across the state all tomorrow, and packing and unpacking might interfere. I'll try to post if I can. :)

See you soon!
Whiskers wrote:However, we have fallen deeply into love with Link and the Mafia knows that.

This reminds me!
@Link
Report?
xvart wrote:Hello everyone. Happy hunting. I still got a couple of pages from D1 to read but I should have everything posted by early tomorrow

VOTE: MusicNinja's Replacement

Convince me that your predecessor sucked at playing and that his sucky playing is not conducive of YOUR role. Until you do, You can have some added pressure from me.
(in other words: SQUIRM SCUM SQUIRM!!!!)
Substrike22 wrote:Whiskers is striking me more and more as a town member who I just managed to make hate me, and thus she seems hell bent on lynching me. Which is fine and understandable but I wish she'd reconsider. I think if there's scum just jumping on the wagon at this point it's one of the other two. I stand by my initial statement that Maruchan is probably scum but even then I'm not really sure anymore.

1. This could be partner bussing partner. I'm not to sure as to his OR Whisker's alignment at this point (TBCH, I don't remember a WHOLE LOT from this game. I have joined 3 games since the night phase began, learned of the epic joys of Dwarf Fortress, got the shit beet out of me in a Newbie Game, and found out I am playing 3 games with Link. SO I have to differentiate my tells between the three games. Great.)
2. I am glad I am no longer "obvscum" in your mind, and am now just leaning scum. If you wouldn't mind, what changed your mind. I love the less scummy spiel from you, but that could be AtE, so I am wary.
Substrike22 wrote:I'll just claim VT and Resident VI at this point and go from there. I no longer have any real conviction on who is scum in this game.

No offense, I don't 100% believe the first claim. but I believe the second claim 110%. Why? You claiming VT if you ARE VT, just told scum you stay alive at all costs. you are a major scum suspect of many, and you are confirmed non-pr. This is very pro-scum. If You are a VT, you just put every non-VT townie in THAT MUCH more danger.
Friend wrote:Looking forward to xvart's catchup post. MusicNinja was scummy as hell and I'm not willing to let that slide until xvart talks.

Anyways, Substrike's last post feels like a post I would make as frustrated town.

QFT.

ANYWAYS, @ everyone who was moping about my "I won't claim today but if you ask me to, tomorrow I will", would you like me to? I don't plan on claiming just for shits and giggles. but if you all still want me to, I am not opposed. And if I do claim I might bring some interesting news to the table.

Fixed.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Maruchan »

@Mod, can you add the ] to the end of the panacea quote for me?

Certainly.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:Then what IS a "Variant/new" role that is allowed?

As I was about to say when the thread got locked, this covers any roles that do not appear on either the 'explicitly normal' or the 'explicity non-normal' lists, due to not being popular enough or perhaps even thought of yet, but that use similar mechanics to the roles that are on the 'explicitly normal' list.

An example would be a cop variant that targets two players and finds out if they share the same alignment. Not explicitly normal, but it uses relatively normal mechanics, so I'm pretty sure it would be fine to use this in a Normal game.

'explicitly non-normal' = not allowed in normal games.
'explicitly normal' = expect to see these roles frequently in normal games.
'new/variant' covers anything not listed in the two lists.

On to more game-relevant conversation, the fact that Link has a result would obviously suggest that scum don't have a roleblocker, which means they almost certainly have some other means of combating a cop, most likely either a Godfather or a Framer. So we shouldn't take any results Link gives us as complete gospel truth.

The fact that Link is alive to share this with us probably means either doc protection, or, better yet, town blocker blocking the scum kill. If it's the latter, they should certainly reveal themselves right away so we can get on with lynching our second scum. If the former, they should obviously keep quiet.

If neither, maybe scum just failed to submit night actions. BTW, I just replaced Tovarish for inactivity in a newbie game I'm modding. Just sayin'.

VOTE: Tovarish

for now. Though I need to do some rereading in light of bob's flip.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Substrike22 wrote:Whiskers is striking me more and more as a town member who I just managed to make hate me, and thus she seems hell bent on lynching me. Which is fine and understandable but I wish she'd reconsider. I think if there's scum just jumping on the wagon at this point it's one of the other two. I stand by my initial statement that Maruchan is probably scum but even then I'm not really sure anymore.

H--HOLY SHI-- What the fuck!?

When did the tables turn like that? I missed it!

Anyway, if you want to read some VI play, Meet THIS gamehttp://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=141374 it'll either make you laugh or give you a headache.

Also, Maruchan, I would LOVE to have you claim, but lets wait for a dramatic reveal (ie, when activity lulls).

[PreEdit]
Well, THAT's dumb. So, only roles you don't find in the wiki, basically? Bleh, that's dumb and boring. Man, I will spend ALL of my time in "special games" if I can.

As to your on-game bit, That's true. Still, I think we should assume it's true until we KNOW there's a Godfather or Framer. (A Framer will be EASY to get rid of) I've seen even Cop-Confirmed-Godfathers get caught and lynched as scum.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Maruchan »

iamausername wrote:the fact that Link has a result would obviously suggest that scum don't have a roleblocker, which means they almost certainly have some other means of combating a cop, most likely either a Godfather or a Framer

Where did he say he had a result? O.o Did I miss it?
&Don't rule out that the mafia aren't the BRIGHTEST and tried to kill him rather than silence him, and so expected him to die, therefore not wasting the roleblock on him.

Don't ever rule out a possibility.

iamausername wrote:The fact that Link is alive to share this with us probably means either doc protection, or, better yet, town blocker blocking the scum kill.

I was wondering if I was the only person who thought the second was a possibility. Everyone else so far has been praising a doc save, when I was curious WHICH happened. Only problem is, if BOTH, the scenario I mentioned about Link's result AND the town-blocker are true, you just told (not-quite-smart) Mafia that it is possible that they only need to chose a new person to attack Link tonight.
Let me phrase that better:

If the mafia have a roleblocker and expected to kill Link, therefore not roleblocking him, this means they might not be the brightest.
If the save was a TOWN roleblocker and not a doc, and nobody mentioned the first possibility, and scum WEREN'T the brightest, they may not have realized this.
If both A and B above are true, you just helped the mafia by telling them that in order to kill Link, all they might have to do is change who is the killer tonight.
iamausername wrote:Though I need to do some rereading in light of bob's flip.

I should probably do the same, that is smart advice. I'll get to that in a bit.
Whiskers wrote:Anyway, if you want to read some VI play, Meet THIS gamehttp://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=141374 it'll either make you laugh or give you a headache.

That Website wrote:Active Members: 5,328

I might have to join there later for the mafia games.
Whiskers wrote:Also, Maruchan, I would LOVE to have you claim, but lets wait for a dramatic reveal (ie, when activity lulls).

Oh I think it will be quite dramatic, whether there is a lull or not.
Whiskers wrote:Man, I will spend ALL of my time in "special games" if I can.

I LIKE NEW INVENTIVE ROLES, WHERE ARE THESE "Special Games" OF WHICH YOU SPEAK?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Show
Join Now!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Friend »

Funnily enough, I replaced Tovarish in iama's newbie game.

VOTE: xvart
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Maruchan »

@Friend that is rather ironic. XD
Show
Join Now!

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

Maruchan wrote:Where did he say he had a result? O.o Did I miss it?

Hikari Link wrote:Monk is clean.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Whiskers »

i don't remember where the special games are or even if they have their own forum, I only remember that you need special permission from mith to run one.

Maruchan, If both A & B are true, then they
definitely
will need to choose new player to perform the nightkill, since the Town roleblocker would come out and claim and we would lynch the scum she blocked.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Maruchan »

iamausername wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Where did he say he had a result? O.o Did I miss it?

Hikari Link wrote:Monk is clean.

Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks.

Whiskers wrote:Maruchan, If both A & B are true, then they definitely will need to choose new player to perform the nightkill, since the Town roleblocker would come out and claim and we would lynch the scum she blocked.

Yes thats my point. I was saying they might not have readied there COULD be a town-roleblocker, and therefore tried to use the same mafia to get the n2 kill.

@Musicninja's replacement, I would really like to see some content from you.
Show
Join Now!

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Maruchan wrote:
Yes thats my point. I was saying they might not have readied there COULD be a town-roleblocker, and therefore tried to use the same mafia to get the n2 kill.
No. If there IS a town roleblocker, then they could not choose the same scum to do the NK, even if they wanted to. That Scum would be dead. Dead scum cannot do Nightkills.

If there is NOT a roleblocker, then we don't give a shit if they use the same one each night, do we?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Bub: Are you the kind of Mod who would throw in a "Gondolier"-flavoured role?

Wait, do they even have Gondolas in Sicily?

I'm just looking for a yes or no, and I understand that it may or may not have nothing to do with this particular game.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Whiskers wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
No. If there IS a town roleblocker, then they could not choose the same scum to do the NK, even if they wanted to. That Scum would be dead. Dead scum cannot do Nightkills.

If there is NOT a roleblocker, then we don't give a shit if they use the same one each night, do we?

Scum will be dead if said possible roleblocker claims. He/She could be an idiot and not claim, if of course there is one. Causing said blocked scum to be alive with mafia realizing they shouldn't use the same person.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Whiskers wrote:
Bub: Are you the kind of Mod who would throw in a "Gondolier"-flavoured role?

Wait, do they even have Gondolas in Sicily?

I'm just looking for a yes or no, and I understand that it may or may not have nothing to do with this particular game.

What do you mean by gondolier flavored role?
Show
Join Now!

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Isn't that the boats they do with the canals? That's Venice though, isn't it?

I was thinking bus-driver. I'm just curious.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Very intuitive! However, you're right. I don't think Sicily has Gondolas.

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1c74l/rsh7
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Maruchan »

(Hi Friend & Panacea. -wave-)
Show
Join Now!

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Are You SUUUUUURE?
Oh well.

Anyway, both Friend and Panacea are V/LA, aren't they?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

@ Maruchan, what does my claiming VT have anything to do with hurting town? I haven't claimed PR except for that minor spiel at the beginning and if people are finding me scummy, might as well throw the VT claim out there? Also what changed my mind was I was tunneling the shit out of Whiskers yesterday and when we got into it I decided I didn't (and based on your above post, really still don't, cause I think you're kind of a dick) like you. Me not liking you doesn't make you obv. scum. However I stand by my claims that you came in and tried to find friends really fast, which I tend to see out of scum. It is what it is. As I said most of my reads from yesterday went to shit when Bobs flipped scum so now I'm kind of floating up shit creak right now without any paddles. So... yeah.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Mmmk. Substrike, its ok to have to reevaluate reads. I'm interested in your revised thoughts as of now.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Maruchan »

Substrike22 wrote:@ Maruchan, what does my claiming VT have anything to do with hurting town? I haven't claimed PR except for that minor spiel at the beginning and if people are finding me scummy, might as well throw the VT claim out there? Also what changed my mind was I was tunneling the shit out of Whiskers yesterday and when we got into it I decided I didn't (and based on your above post, really still don't, cause I think you're kind of a dick) like you. Me not liking you doesn't make you obv. scum. However I stand by my claims that you came in and tried to find friends really fast, which I tend to see out of scum. It is what it is. As I said most of my reads from yesterday went to shit when Bobs flipped scum so now I'm kind of floating up shit creak right now without any paddles. So... yeah.

Because claiming VT tells scum that you are in fact NOT a PR, so now they won't target you. That makes it more dangerous for our real PRs.
Show
Join Now!

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

Maru, it's not so dangerous that we ned to hunt and kill him or outting PRs.

I'm not really confident in his "VT & VI" claim. He's played a shit ton of games-- more than I have, including my offsite games.
How long have you been a VI?

Substrike22, How many mafia are there in this game?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Maruchan »

Whiskers, I know it isn't terribad, but it something that is slightly bad, which is why I said "I don't know if I believe your VT claim, but definitely the VI one"
Show
Join Now!

Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Substrike22 wrote:
Of the 3 votes on me, 0 of them surprise me. I still have an OMGUS from Whiskers, a decent amount of actually valid criticism from Scumhunter, and then a super cool vote from our newly claimed cop. When I do flip town, should I be lynched, I invite everyone to take a hefty look into Scumhunter's play this game. He's posted as close to every 48 hour margin as possible through day 1.

Interesting observation. I'm sure its likely true. What do you make of it? Do you think it makes me more likely scum? I'd say if anything, it shows I'm committed to the game and contributing even when I'm busy/life gets in the way/I don't feel like posting. Overall a null tell though probably.

Regardless, I think your attitude and your observations show legitimate concern that I could somehow be scum here pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. I'm not willing to let you off the hook with a "I suck this game excuse" though. That is a generic scum excuse when their actions are unexplainably scummy. It's possible your vote for Whiskers was right day 1 after all.

As for people asking why did Substrike claim? I'd say his claim was reasonable. Sure he only had 3 votes on him. But I mean the pressure there was a ton. All 3 of us were showing strong intent to lynch. The urgency of his claim was really equivalent to an L-1 situation as he was in grave danger of being lynched.

unvote

I'm not convinced Substrike is the best lynch today. Other people I'm going to look at in-depth before voting again are [Maruchan, Tovarish, Whiskers]
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”