Mortal Kombat Mafia (Game Over: Mafia Win)

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Before we throw out a parade for Amrun, despite her blatant trumpeting, she is cleared for one faction. There is a strong possibility for a second scum faction out there that Cooldog has no chance in finding.

Just sayin'
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Amrun »

Granted, but the suspicion of me revolved around WLC.

I am cleared for one faction. No one else is. Nothing else should matter until days from now. Be fucking logical.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Palisade »

Fonz wrote:He might have thought that he couldn't change his position on Palisades without making it super-obvious he's a cop. I'd never investigate someone I already had a massive scum read on for that reason. Investigate someone neutral.
Super-huge scumslip, guys.

Fonz knows we're town.

Reck's stance on us D1 was that we're scum.
This implies Fonz knows that if we were investigated, we'd turn up town.
In other words, Fonz knows we're town already.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Oh no Amrun, the only people I trust are the ones that flip town. Until then, everyone is a possible scumbag.

Hey Palisade, I think you may need to draw it on the board to explain that one better.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Palisade »

THESE PEOPLE ARE SIGNIFICANTLY MORE LIKELY TO BE TOWN:

3. Albert B. Rampage (role; we have more to say about this, but would prefer not to)
9. Darox (read)
10. springlullaby (role)
11. CooLDoG (role)
15. kiwieagle (read)
19. Amrun (Could be Earthrealm scum, but isn't Black Dragon scum)
20. Magister Ludi (read)

That's eight. 8/20 alive, who're far less likely to be scum than others. We're looking for a total of six scum, including WLC and GW.

THESE ARE PEOPLE OF EXTREME INTEREST:
(AKA, far more likely to be scum)

7. Ghostwriter (confirmed scum)
13. The Fonz (becomes more and more obv-scum with every post)
16. Internet Stranger
18. Toogeloo

Almond is working on some VCA currently to see if he can get a more concrete read on the rest.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Darox »

2 scum groups + cop that only detects black dragons = you're not cop confirmed town
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Darox »

Daaaaang I got ninjaed to hell and back. That was to Amrun.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Darox »

Palisade wrote:We're looking for a total of six scum
Please tell me when this happened I missed the memo.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Palisade »

Indeed, she is not confirmed town.

But we know she isn't from one scum faction.
Hence, she's semi-clear and therefore off the hook for now.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Palisade »

Darox wrote:
Palisade wrote:We're looking for a total of six scum
Please tell me when this happened I missed the memo.
Two scumteams. That's an even number. It's either six or eight. WLC is one, and GW is another. That still leaves at minimum four. Hence, six total.

We believe six scum is more likely than eight scum, especially if this game is as close to Mafia on Werewolf Island as it's beginning to look like it is. Two scum factions, a cop for each scum faction, a watcher...
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Palisade »

12. Bunnylover, Ermac (Town Earthrealm Invader Miller Doctor), burnt alive Night 2!
22. xRECKONERx, Liu Kang (Town Earthrealm Invader Cop), head devoured Night 2!

Burnt alive is quite generic, but we figure that someone can at least narrow it down slightly for us.
Head devoured seems more specific, like only a few characters could do it.

Does anyone know the flavor well enough to determine who the likely killers are?
If we can figure out who the killers (role) are, we can also determine which faction killed who.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Palisade wrote:12. Bunnylover, Ermac (Town Earthrealm Invader Miller Doctor), burnt alive Night 2!
22. xRECKONERx, Liu Kang (Town Earthrealm Invader Cop), head devoured Night 2!

Burnt alive is quite generic, but we figure that someone can at least narrow it down slightly for us.
Head devoured seems more specific, like only a few characters could do it.

Does anyone know the flavor well enough to determine who the likely killers are?
If we can figure out who the killers (role) are, we can also determine which faction killed who.

Reptile and Milena are characters who would devour heads.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Palisade »

That means nothing to us without context--do either have a strong affliction with the Black Dragons or Earthrealm Invaders?

(Don't make us look it up. >.<)
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Palisade »

It's kind-of hard to tell for sure. But from the looks of things, Reptile is aligned with Shao Kahn, and his wikipedia page mentions him being the ruler of the Dragon Empire, or something like that. Does that translate into Black Dragon? (We...are not very good at this flavor thing.)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Palisade wrote:
Fonz wrote:He might have thought that he couldn't change his position on Palisades without making it super-obvious he's a cop. I'd never investigate someone I already had a massive scum read on for that reason. Investigate someone neutral.
Super-huge scumslip, guys.

Fonz knows we're town.

Reck's stance on us D1 was that we're scum.
This implies Fonz knows that if we were investigated, we'd turn up town.
In other words, Fonz knows we're town already.

How the fuck is that in any way, in a million years, anything close to a scumslip? Read what I said. Reck, in the position of being a cop, might have chosen not to investigate you, because if you came up town, him stopping attacking you would be a dead giveaway.

Palisade wrote:
That's eight. 8/20 alive, who're far less likely to be scum than others. We're looking for a total of six scum, including WLC and GW.

This, however, IS a scumslip.

FUCKING. KILL. MASTIN. WITH. FIRE.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Palisade »

Reck, in the position of being a cop, might have chosen not to investigate you, because if you came up town, him stopping attacking you would be a dead giveaway.
Which assumes we'd flip town. Something you strongly imply you know would happen.

Hence, scumslip.

Oh? Really now? Seven plus ourselves = 8/20. Logical deduction on there being six scum, as pointed out. WLC already flipping scum. ABR having a guilty on GW. What in there is a scumslip?

There's nothing in there which isn't effing common sense.

Whatever happened to your town-read on us, Fonz? Realized White Knighting us was backfiring?

You're OMGUS'ing us, confirming once and for all that you are, in fact, scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

Palisade wrote:
Reck, in the position of being a cop, might have chosen not to investigate you, because if you came up town, him stopping attacking you would be a dead giveaway.
Which assumes we'd flip town. Something you strongly imply you know would happen.

Hence, scumslip.

How the fuck can you be that dense? It's not for one second assuming you're going to comeup town. However, any cop has to take into account the possibility that his target flips town. If he can't change position in that situation without giving himself away, then he should investigate someone else. It's just common sense.

Oh? Really now? Seven plus ourselves = 8/20. Logical deduction on there being six scum, as pointed out. WLC already flipping scum. ABR having a guilty on GW. What in there is a scumslip?

There's nothing in there which isn't effing common sense.

Whatever happened to your town-read on us, Fonz? Realized White Knighting us was backfiring?

You're OMGUS'ing us, confirming once and for all that you are, in fact, scum.

No, you slipped. Knowing exactly how many scum there are in a game is a common scumslip.

DIE DIE DIE.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

Palisade wrote: Oh? Really now? Seven plus ourselves = 8/20. Logical deduction on there being six scum, as pointed out. WLC already flipping scum. ABR having a guilty on GW. What in there is a scumslip?

Hang on a second: seven plus yourselves? THIS is an even bigger scumslip.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Palisade wrote:It's kind-of hard to tell for sure. But from the looks of things, Reptile is aligned with Shao Kahn, and his wikipedia page mentions him being the ruler of the Dragon Empire, or something like that. Does that translate into Black Dragon? (We...are not very good at this flavor thing.)

Black dragon is a human criminal organization, Dragon Empire is an outworld empire led by Shao Kahn's predecessor, the dragon king. They have nothing in common.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Palisade »

Sorry, you don't want to read Mastin, so your solution is NOT to kill him?
Subtly implies we should die.

He's saying that pointing out mod errors is not scumhunting. duh.
While at the same time, blatantly defending us.

I have, and I see an effort at scumhunting. The slot seems to be getting attacked because one head referred a question about a comment the other made to the head that made it. That's not scummy, that's hydra play.
The most blatant White Knighting ever.

Five words.

What if Palisade claims cop?
1: Rolefishing. 2: Unobservant; we'd already claimed by that point. 3: Instilling paranoia. 4: Further defending us.

No, pointing out mod errors is fluff, and pointing out fluff is scumhunting.
More unwanted defense of us. We needed no defense; there was no pro-town reason to defend us. Yet Fonz took the opportunity whenever possible to defend us.

OK, redhead, firstly, you're a gigantic, raging, douche.
1: Unnecessarily strong language to provoke Redhead, who is more likely to have been offended. 2: Missing the fact that Redhead was quoting a post Almond had made in the quicktopic, with it being almost entirely Almond'd posts except for pretty much the first and last lines. (Explaining the post is not him but Almond, then the vote at the end.)

1) Re not mentioning Spring: this reminds me of Egypt Mafia (remember that, MOS?) I've only got one fucking vote. With two miller claims, it's highly unlikely both are scum, as I mentioned before. OF COURSE I'm going to talk about the player I think's scum.
2) I'm getting pretty fucking pissed off with getting accused of white knighting every time I say I think someone's not scum and give reasons.
3) On that note, Toogeloo is town and you're retarded. Actually, he's retarded as well. Kind of an epidemic of retardation going around here.
4) Yes, I WOTCed mastin: I despise him, and he sucks the fun out of any game he plays in. That doesn't mean he's scum.
We've never addressed just how horrendous these are, but among his offenses here are of course the fact that he's calling us (paraphrased), "town. dumb-town, but still town".

Wondering if there's a janitor, why (s)he didn't act last night.
No reason as town to say this. As scum, there's plenty of reason to. Come to think of it,

So Bunny was a faction specific miller, but refused to claim it D1, then wasn't given a chance to by the quicklynch d2. Lol.

What's happened today with ABR is EXACTLY why we shouldn't quicklynch again. If Albert would have died last night, we would have lost an investigation for nothing.
This is all fluff which does not need to be said.

As he himself pointed out earlier,
"Pointing out fluff is scumhunting."

On that note, MoS' post reminds me that a possible explanation for no janitoring is that the faction with the janitor was blocked, and Bunny was killed by a vig. Though that would mean that kills from different factions have been blocked on consecutive nights.
Reeks of scum speculating with their inside-knowledge. They probably don't fully know what's going on, either.

Btw- people seem to have completely forgotten about Palisade the last couple of days. Somewhat understandable given claimed night actions, but kinda unsettling too, given how hardcore people were against them D1
Oh, look! Fonz the guy who was White Knighting us,
Is the first to try and get suspicion back on us!

Totally town. :roll:

Of all the fucking people you could confirm as town, you'd want to confirm Mastin?
This is another lesser scumslip, in that it also implies he knows we're town.

Tl;dr?

Fonz is completely caught scum.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Palisade »

No, you slipped. Knowing exactly how many scum there are in a game is a common scumslip.

DIE DIE DIE.
Or, y'know. Doing the math. Logical deduction. Looking at interactions. Previous DemonHybrid setup knowledge. In-game evidence pointing to MK Mafia being extremely similar to Mafia on Werewolf Island. Come to think of it, wasn't Mafia on Werewolf Island mainly to get Demon used to doing
Large
Normals again? Bold for emphasis; it really looks like Demon used Mafia on Werewolf Island as a test-run for MK Mafia.

Hang on a second: seven plus yourselves? THIS is an even bigger scumslip.
Or you can look up...

...Oh, Mastin's scumhunting in any completed Large Normal. He always talks that way. It's called scumhunting.
Mastin always removes himself from the list of reads.
Mastin frequently removes himself from the VCA.
Mastin always knows he's town and includes that in his analysis.

Mastin's done that in every game we've played. And we've played in a lot of games.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 am

Post by T-Bone »

I'd almost be amazed, but history has shown me that mastin has yet to catch scum. :P

Kill Snake with death please. (after we kill the outted scum of course)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Palisade »

Mastin is not playing this game solo, though, T-Bone.

We're a hydra. If Mastin wanted to hydra with himself, he'd be playing as mastin2.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

Well anyway, kill Snake with death for randomly coming in and ending all discussion yesterday.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

VOTE COUNT FOR KOMBATANT
Day 3 Vote Count (#2)

Ghostwriter (11) - Oversoul, Darox, Magister Ludi, zMuffinMan, Palisade, Nero Cain, Matermind of Sin, Internet Stranger, CooLDoG, Toogeloo, Amrun
Amrun (1) - kiwieagle
Snakeplissken (1) - T-Bone

Not choosing (7) - Snakeplissken, Albert B. Rampage, Ghostwriter, Timeater, springlullaby, The Fonz, Bogre

FLAVOREmotions ran high as Ghostwriter quickly picked a fight with another fighter. He pushed the other fighter out next to a giant metal press and went into a ready stance. The other fighter was stunned, but they were able to quickly get up before they were pushed into the molten metal. Ghostwriter attacked again, but the other fighter was able to grab Ermac's dead body to shield himself from a projectile.

The other fighter threw down the body and started attacking back.

Ghostwriter has been selected as the first Kombatant! Deadline is Friday, September 2nd at 9:00 PM EDT. With 20 alive, it takes 11 to select a Kombatant!

Day 3's stage is: Hell's Foundry!

Last edited by DemonHybrid on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”