Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Auckmid »

First post!

VOTE: RoboThor
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Auckmid »

thunderwielder wrote:
But I'm going to ask some that I feel are relevant.
1) What time zone are you in?
2) What is your experience playing Mafia (ie, how many games have you played, how long etc)?
3) How often do you post/How often do you expect to post?

1) PDT
2) I have previous played 2 games start to finnish. I often don't have to much time, so at the moment, I am only ever in 1 game at a time. I have been a member to mafiascum for a few weeks now.
3)I normaly try to post at least once per day.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Auckmid »

I would first of all like to congradulate all of you on the amount of aciveity in the first 8 hours :D.

At the beggining, Maruchan seemed preaty Town-minded. He started a wagon against Saulres for completely acceptable reasons at that point in the game, on how Saulres was refuseing to RV
Maruchan wrote:VOTE: saulres

this is the random VOTE stage! lets see some random VOTES good man!

Soon after, Maruchan made it clear that he was against doing RQS. Still nothing that scummy.
Maruchan wrote:Also, quick note:

@ Anyone Planning on Starting RQS
I suggest not doing it. That is all.

While I do not have a huge preference either way on the RQS, as I don't see how it can hurt the Town but at the same time don't find it that useful, everyone has there opinions.

However, soon after, Maruchan posts something radicaly different.
Maruchan wrote:
lane0168 wrote:
VOTE: MARUCHAN

Doesn't like it if people dont participate in RVS, and doesn't like it when people do participate, or start, RQS. Whether or not someone wants to spew questions, the conversation will start eventually. Probably in the wrong direction.

if you had READ my post before yours,
I LOVE RQS
, and have STARTED it myself in the past. I just know a particular player in this game absolutely hates it, and will make a case against anyone starting it, that will end in their eventual demise.

I like the vote though, keep em comin!

WTF? Right there you post that you "Love RQS", despite just a few post's ago sugesting that RQS should be skipped. How does that work? Your excuse is that there is a player (RoboThor, I assume), who will make a case against anyone who starts RQS, which will end in that players "eventual demise". Preaty lame in my opinion.

It continues with Maruchan useing Thor's hate of RQS as a Scapegoat as far as a reason for his reason for wanting to skip RQS. I would like to hear Thor's opinion a lot for this. Then, on post #54, Maruchan makes a very interesting post
Maruchan wrote:Technically. thats what it is. They use flimsy ass reasons to serious vote, IE: they dislike some, they LIKE someone, someone is a terrible player in past games, someone is an AWESOME player in past games, their name sounds wrong. their avatar is funky, and so on. We just call it Random, because we don't want to call it "flimsy-ass excuse voting stage"

I dont get this at all. Your saying that you strongly dislike RVS, yet you changed your vote at the beggining because someone was refuseing to participate in RVS. WTF? This is the post I find by far the most suspicious. If you dislike RVS, I would have thought that you could have related to Saulres, not started a Bandwagon against him.

From there, Mauchan makes a big post#63. However something which realy stood out to me was...
Maruchan wrote:[[quote"
B
Glowball"]OF COURSE YOU LIKE GLOWBALL SO FAR- EVERYONE LOVES GLOWBALL

(I'm sorry, but this has become an inside joke to funny to pass up)
agreed.
There was a bit of a quote error, but this seems an awful lot like buddying.

Then Maruchan makes a coment which feels even more like budying...
Maruchan wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:
[s]Maruchan[/s]Ramen Noodles wrote:DAMN IT THE
TAG IN THE QUOTE NAME DOESN'T WORK. >:(
It does, you just forgot the = sign.

P-Edit: Well, okay, even with the = it doesn't work. We need to fix that.

i seriously laughed out loud at that. Thank you for making my day. ♥

The 2 buddying posts at the end may be completely un-game related, but I find Maruchan's inability to keep his story straight and his lame excuses about RQS highly suspicious. Even more so is his case against Saurus because he didn't participate in RVS, even though Maruchan posted himself later that he strongly disliked RVS. "Flimsy-ass excuse voteing stage" is hardly a term used by someone who likes RVS.

UNVOTE: RoboThor
VOTE: Maruchan
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Auckmid »

Ok, reading through now. Wall's may not be fun to read, but sometimes they can be nesisary. I don't think that there should now be no walls.

While reading, this coment stuck out for me.
glowball wrote:I never said Saulres is more scummy than Maruchan that is just a deduction you made from my vote placement- why don't you check when that vote was made...

Walls come from town and scum- I never said that only scum do walls and it isn't one of my tells so I feel like maybe you aren't understanding my points on walls. I am sure that their are scum writing walls, but that's just a hunch and definitely not enough deserving of a vote. By the way, I definitely never said it was a STRONG tell, or a tell at all- I do believe that both town and scum write walls...so stop intentionally misrepping me or if it was an accident you need to provide quotes for things you have questions on.

FoS: Thunder

Never had a formal "case" on Saulres, again check when the vote was made. At this point there is more of a chance of him being scum because he reminds me of myself as a newb, but my vote may or may not change as I've been looking at him AND Maruchan. Both are fine lynches for the day...
Like with Maurachan, it feels like your actions contradict your words here. Why say that you are fine lynching Marauchan and Saulres, but FoS Thunder. Seems a little unusual.

Amrun's case on Lane is mainly based on his "Knit hat" question on post #31.
lane0168 wrote:@Nobody Special. what is wrong with knit hats? and why do you feel its a knit hat, and not a birthday party hat? i feel like its a birthday party hat.

SRQS (slightly random question stage)

Does everyone feel the same way about knit hats?

Is it a knit hat or a birthday party hat?

While I'm not sure if that is the scumiest thing anyone had done all game, it does strike me as a bit odd.
@Lane: What was your exact reason for makeing post #31?
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Auckmid »

@Mod: Jon has only made 2 small posts in the game. His most recent post was almost 3 days ago. Request prod.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Auckmid »

glowball wrote:
Amrun wrote:Glowball, can you do me up a concise bullet point list of why Maruchan is scum?

I do not mind at all doing a bullet point to show you why Maruchan is "scummy"
if you first
give me a good reason why I am the best person to do this and what you have to gain from it considering that there are 4 people already voting him that I am sure could/should give you much better reasons than myself.
Maruchan (4): lane0168, Supreme Overlord, saulres, Auckmid

oh and UNVOTE:
@Amrun: If you have a presise reason for wanting Glowball to give you the list, fair enough, but I can give you a list of why I find Maruchan scummy, if you so want.

Reading through the thread now.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Auckmid »

Oh, yes, and welcome Kondi. Wonder what caused Jon to drop out after only 2 short posts.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Auckmid »

I'm reading through the thread now, but I find it interesting that Overlord has joined the Glowball wagon even though this is the first accusation about her all game.
@Supreme Overlord: Would you concider yourself a Sheep?
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Auckmid »

Sorry for not posting in a few days. Its been preaty hectic. I'll make a big catch-up post tommoro.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Auckmid »

I'm going to be V/LA from Monday until Saturday. I'll log in again tonight to replace my vote.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Auckmid »

In a nut-shell, the main thing that the Nobody Special bandwagon is based on is NS's "Active Lurking" in which he posts regularly enough, but avoids giveing any real information. The Glowball bandwagon feels surprisingly similar in that it is highly based on Glowballs complete reluctance to answer questions. However 1 thing that I think seperates the 2 wagons is that Glowballs flip will be more useful the NS's
glowball wrote:
RoboThor wrote:My Thoughts == Why the heck isn't Nobody Special not about to die?

I can't support that Day 1, at this point if we lynch Nobody Special we will be back to square one in the next day phase regardless of the flip. I don't think that lynch is scum and I see no point in lynching a townie for no information, I mean besides the fact that YOU want him lynched. Which could be bussing or an honest mistake.
Because of this, I am more inclined to vote for Glowball
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Glowball

@Mod: Sorry for my inactivety and long V/LA. I will be able to participate more when I come back.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Auckmid »

Time for me to do the big read through. I have much more time on my hands then before, so I'm going to try and post every day :D

Return to “Completed Open Games”