Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Amrun wrote:That reminds me something I forgot:

How do you know Marucha isn't playing to win, saulres? Doesn't this rely on him being town.

Supreme Overlord pointed out thunder's hypocrisy. Why did you criticize saulres for not rvs voting If you don't haveout now, when we're well into content?

Just a quick comment I've felt like making on the whole "Maruchan playing to win" topic.

I am playing to win. Playing To Save My Ass, is NOT the same as playing to win.

I can die, and still win, as long as my faction does. So I feel that as long as my life is spent productively finding scum, rather than in town v town shitstorms, that I am playing to win.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Supreme Overlord pointed out thunder's hypocrisy. Why did you criticize saulres for not rvs voting If you don't haveout now, when we're well into content?

You're right. I was hesitant to cast my vote quickly again, because it didn't yield many results with NihilisticNinja, and I was forced to unvote after seeing that I was mistaken and misinterpreted particular wordings of posts. Plus, I wanted to see what Glowball had to say about the expansion of my case, and I want to do an ISO of her completely, before I lay down any other vote. It's because I DO want my vote to matter when I cast it, and for it to say something quite serious, since we are now out of RVS. I want to be as thorough as possible.

I criticized Saul for different reasonings, because it still was RVS, and I was seeing how he reacted. But then after he reacted in a way that I feel is more likely to be town (I don't have any particular theory to back me up, just my feelings--a male's intutiion if you will), I retracted my vote and decided to focus my attention on those who jumped on that wagon. Which is where I am right now. Currently NihilisticNinja is the most town, and I am still forming my opinion about Maruchan and Glowball.

But I understand the vote for Lane very much. And Nobody Special has been contributing little to no content.
However, right now (or when I get the time in the next few days--Next few days until Monday are pretty hectic for me... actually, I'll say
tentative V/LA until Monday night
just in case I can't get to a computer or spend the time I'd like to breaking down people's posts), I'm trying to focus on the Saul wagon, because out of all the wagons that were formed, he's the one I get the most townie read on. Or at least I have that in my mind, until I get the time to do another read of him when I'm not tired, because my opinion of his townieness isn't likely to change until then.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by lane0168 »

@Amrun. I'm not sure how scummy talking about knit hats is. there wasn't a real great line of scumhunting going on, considering about 8 posts earlier was an RVS vote, and the only thing in between was talking about maruchan and RQS. I am not going to take this very seriously as very scummy and doing my best to quash all that production we had up to that point. When read in context of RQS and what we were talking about, i'm not sure that its scummy at all but to each their own. there was no ongoi. ng conversation that i was stopping dead in its tracks. You also say NS ignores all the lovely information with his joke in post 27. ALL OF IT?! how dare he? as far as i personally can see, the information he ignored was RVS, and comments on saulres lack thereof. i think you are stretching with these two points.

@Supreme Overlord. Scum will act like they are trying to contribute when in reality they arent, this is true. however they arent usually going to start it out by saying "hey look at me" they will just do so, with as little flash and flare as possible. at least that is what i think. i've played 3 games so not a lot to base this off of. your point is noted and i'm not sure that its all that outrageous. completely viable. Also I can't tell you right now if the conversation has gone in the wrong direction. If lynch flips town, yes. If lynch flips scum, no. I'm fairly confident and would like to believe that scum have been pointed out as suspicious. I also didnt mean my choice of conversation was the best one and i apologize if it came off that way. that was never my intentions or beliefs. i was just saying if someone wants rqs do it. it wont matter in the end anyways i dont think. Rarely if ever do people talk about how much RQS won or lost the game at the endgame.

anyways, goodnight neverland.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 am

Post by Amrun »

Maruchan, you should never aim to belynched unless you are a jester.

Lane, so many things in that paragraph are wrong. The goal of rvs is to get out of it as quickly as possible - and you did your best to extend it. Only scum have interest in doing this.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:36 am

Post by lane0168 »

Amrun wrote:Lane, so many things in that paragraph are wrong. The goal of rvs is to get out of it as quickly as possible - and you did your best to extend it. Only scum have interest in doing this.

Good. thank you for explaining what the goal of rvs is. i'm not sure your point as the post you are having problems with was random questions, not a continuation of random votes. and your point that i was doing my best to quash all the conversation and production is just, well is an exageration on many levels i feel. also, what are the so many things wrong in that paragraph. you voiced 1.

Please stop asying i did my best to extend rvs and only scum have interest doing it, when my post had nothing to do with rvs. wasnt even a vote in the post. did you iso me and find that? or read it in context of the conversation about rqs?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Amrun »

RVS and RQS are functionally the same. They are there to generate conversation until someone finds something scummy someone else has done, therefore truly beginning the game.

As it should have been blatantly obvious from my catchup post, I read everything in context. At the time, I was excited that by the top of page 2, a really interesting conversation involving saulres was happening. A lot of good points were being made; we had moved into content.

You came in and didn't comment on anything, simply tried to start an RQS, and not even a potentially useful one. It totallt derailed the saulres content conversation for a little while until people found their way back to it.

It is scummy noise. You were creating noise, distracting people from the task at hand, and avoiding a stance about the current issues at hand. It really rubbed me the wrong way.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Maruchan »

Amrun wrote:Maruchan, you should never aim to belynched unless you are a jester.

I am not AIMING to be lynched, I am aiming to win, whether or not I AM lynched.

There is a difference
Show
Join Now!

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Amrun »

Okay, then, good.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Auckmid »

Ok, reading through now. Wall's may not be fun to read, but sometimes they can be nesisary. I don't think that there should now be no walls.

While reading, this coment stuck out for me.
glowball wrote:I never said Saulres is more scummy than Maruchan that is just a deduction you made from my vote placement- why don't you check when that vote was made...

Walls come from town and scum- I never said that only scum do walls and it isn't one of my tells so I feel like maybe you aren't understanding my points on walls. I am sure that their are scum writing walls, but that's just a hunch and definitely not enough deserving of a vote. By the way, I definitely never said it was a STRONG tell, or a tell at all- I do believe that both town and scum write walls...so stop intentionally misrepping me or if it was an accident you need to provide quotes for things you have questions on.

FoS: Thunder

Never had a formal "case" on Saulres, again check when the vote was made. At this point there is more of a chance of him being scum because he reminds me of myself as a newb, but my vote may or may not change as I've been looking at him AND Maruchan. Both are fine lynches for the day...
Like with Maurachan, it feels like your actions contradict your words here. Why say that you are fine lynching Marauchan and Saulres, but FoS Thunder. Seems a little unusual.

Amrun's case on Lane is mainly based on his "Knit hat" question on post #31.
lane0168 wrote:@Nobody Special. what is wrong with knit hats? and why do you feel its a knit hat, and not a birthday party hat? i feel like its a birthday party hat.

SRQS (slightly random question stage)

Does everyone feel the same way about knit hats?

Is it a knit hat or a birthday party hat?

While I'm not sure if that is the scumiest thing anyone had done all game, it does strike me as a bit odd.
@Lane: What was your exact reason for makeing post #31?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 am

Post by glowball »

So is there just a large amount of newbie players or...are these alts. I feel like you guys want me to take you through baby steps

I am fine with a Maruchan or Saulres lynch.
Why? They both seem scummy and regardless of the flip they both provide me with a substantial amount of information

FoS at Thunder...
His actions rub me the wrong way. He defends the "popular" notions, which I find scum do a lot- and he has intentionally attached my name to his own twist on my words several times now.HOWEVER, he isn't my choice lynch for the day at this point because there are people much scummier than him (Maruchan and Saulres). You only get one vote...so yeah Thunder isn't getting mine because he isn't the scummiest person here. He is just on my radar EXAMPLE FINGER OF SUSPICION. SUSPICION and SCUM READ are 2 very different things.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 1.5

Maruchan (4)
: lane0168, Supreme Overlord, saulres, Auckmid
saulres (3): Maruchan, glowball, NihilisticNinja
RoboThor (1): Nobody Special
lane0168 (1): Amrun

Not Voting (3)
: RoboThor, JonWJ007, thunderwielder

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: August 30, stupid ((expired on 2011-08-30 14:58:38))

JonWJ007 and NihilisticNinja are dancing on prod territory.

We are now passing through the Viktualienmarkt. The main market square of Munich, it is here that the residents travel every day to purchase fresh produce and bread.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

Glowball, can you do me up a concise bullet point list of why Maruchan is scum?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Auckmid »

@Mod: Jon has only made 2 small posts in the game. His most recent post was almost 3 days ago. Request prod.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by saulres »

I'm usually more active but weekends usually slow me down, and work may be extremely more time-consuming next week. Certainly reading the walls of text will slow me down as well but I'll get to them and respond productively as soon as I can.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I'm on sort-of an unplanned V/LA; I should be able to catch up in the next two-three days.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

JonWJ007 and NihilisticNinja are being prodded.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:11 am

Post by lane0168 »

Dear Amrun,

here is your personal wall. anyone else may read at their convenience. Also @aukmid. your answer will be found near the bottom. basically it was to spite maruchan but for more reasoning and explanation, please read.

Here is the previous comments to mine. This is the conversation about saulres that I was supposedly quashing. How much Amrun, would you like us to talk about how saulres not laying down an RVS vote? Glowball and maruchan made their point, and glowball voted. What else do you want? Should we continue talking about it? What do you feel it means that saulres didnt rvs in the first place. Do you feel that after being prodded into making an rvs, it was justified that he wanted to change his to make a joke? Do you think he is playing this way because he's scum trying to be town? Or town trying not to be mislynched? Or because he is just genuinely new? Anyways on to the conversation that I so vehemently quashed. Btw the only one that even took these questions as something to respond to, and that it actually distracted was saulres. I'm not sure where you see all these other distractions. Yes maruchan, but he was the one talking about RQS before I brought it up.

Maruchan wrote:Also, quick note:

@ Anyone Planning on Starting RQS
I suggest not doing it. That is all.

why werent you still talking about saulres maruchan? Shame on you.

glowball wrote:What do you have against RQS? Not that I disagree, but I am interested in why specifically you are against it...

I see you have been distracted from saulres. Scum point for maruchan for distracting

Nobody Special wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Also, quick note:

@ Anyone Planning on Starting RQS
I suggest not doing it. That is all.

Why do you hate America? :evil:

oh really, misrepping maruchans suggestion to not do RQS as unamerican, scummy indeed

Maruchan wrote:
glowball wrote:What do you have against RQS? Not that I disagree, but I am interested in why specifically you are against it...

I have nothing against it personally, I just want to save an unsuspecting townie from getting attacked by a certain other player in this game.

Maruchan further distracting and quashing the conversation about saulres. If anything he should have amruns votes.

and here are my first two posts at about the 2 hour mark of the game.

lane0168 wrote:
VOTE: MARUCHAN

Doesn't like it if people dont participate in RVS, and doesn't like it when people do participate, or start, RQS. Whether or not someone wants to spew questions, the conversation will start eventually. Probably in the wrong direction.

Being one not to take much weight in what someone does or does not do in RVS, I did not feel that I would be voting for someone who didnt RVS or even continue the conversation that had already been quashed. Quashed quashed quashed. This was still rvs, but I meant my point when I said it. So I guess kind of it was RVS, kind of not. Either way, it was another thing to note, but not put a lot of weight into.

lane0168 wrote:@Nobody Special. what is wrong with knit hats? and why do you feel its a knit hat, and not a birthday party hat? i feel like its a birthday party hat.

SRQS (slightly random question stage)

Does everyone feel the same way about knit hats?

Is it a knit hat or a birthday party hat?

Still assuming we were in RVS stage and the 2 hour mark, and having many people still not responding in the thread yet, I decided I would have a little fun with nobody special, and try to get a feel for how he answers question. Sometimes its not only the questions that are asked, but also the answers, and the way the answers were given. As for the RQS portion of this, that was just to spite maruchan.

Anyways, there's my answers. I feel I did fairly good. Can we move on from the knit hats now? Or are you not satisfied with my quashing of the quashed conversation.

Amrun, when glow and maru started talking about RQS instead of Saulres, hence quashing the conversation before I had ever made a post, why did you not find this suspicious? Cause you can not honestly tell me that I am the person who quashed the conversation.

One last thing, you say I quashed the conversation for a little bit and then it resumed. I'd like to point out that the initial conversation was for saulres not voting in RVS. The second was saulres asking if it'd be suspicious to change his RVS which sparked ANOTHER AND SEPERATE conversation for an entirely different time and action.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

JonWJ007 has requested replacement. Searching now.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:10 am

Post by glowball »

Amrun wrote:Glowball, can you do me up a concise bullet point list of why Maruchan is scum?

I do not mind at all doing a bullet point to show you why Maruchan is "scummy"
if you first
give me a good reason why I am the best person to do this and what you have to gain from it considering that there are 4 people already voting him that I am sure could/should give you much better reasons than myself.
Maruchan (4): lane0168, Supreme Overlord, saulres, Auckmid

oh and UNVOTE:
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

Hmm. That's odd. We appear to have lost JonWJ007 somewhere in the back alleyways here. Ah well, the paperwork'll be a bitch, but I'll live.

In other news, kondi2424 has just joined the tour! Everybody welcome them!

(kondi2424 replaces JonWJ007)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Maruchan »

welcome to the game kondi
Show
Join Now!

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:43 am

Post by lane0168 »

welcome kondi2424. thank you for joining
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Auckmid »

glowball wrote:
Amrun wrote:Glowball, can you do me up a concise bullet point list of why Maruchan is scum?

I do not mind at all doing a bullet point to show you why Maruchan is "scummy"
if you first
give me a good reason why I am the best person to do this and what you have to gain from it considering that there are 4 people already voting him that I am sure could/should give you much better reasons than myself.
Maruchan (4): lane0168, Supreme Overlord, saulres, Auckmid

oh and UNVOTE:
@Amrun: If you have a presise reason for wanting Glowball to give you the list, fair enough, but I can give you a list of why I find Maruchan scummy, if you so want.

Reading through the thread now.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Auckmid »

Oh, yes, and welcome Kondi. Wonder what caused Jon to drop out after only 2 short posts.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:43 am

Post by lane0168 »

Auckmid wrote:Oh, yes, and welcome Kondi. Wonder what caused Jon to drop out after only 2 short posts.

how do you find out if he's posted anywhere else in that time?

Return to “Completed Open Games”