Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the First

DH-Star (1): Theamatuer
Not Voting (6): Everyone else

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, September 4.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by AeRyung »

@MOD: Darth, you are so considerate. Thank you.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by theamatuer »

ConSpiracy wrote:
theamatuer wrote:Actually, it is logical if you consider it like this:
Ghostlin is townie, so logical scum would be either Hiplop or TM. Since Hiplop is proven townie, so TM must be scum.
Obviously they want me to get lynched day 2.
From this, we can guess that scum is (from order of most likelyness):
1.Wanted to get TM lynched.
2. completely unlrelated to Hiplop.
3. attacked by hiplop.
If anyone passes off this post with a single WIFOM, I'm going to rage on them

I love this post. So scum tries to lynch you as much as possible. However, scum wants to win, so they do not care about lynching you, but lynching anybody. Why would they kill hiplop when he was likely to recieve just as much suspicion as you so they secure your lynch? They could have split lynch choices...

I think I said so before. Hiplop is IC eligible. He probably could get a good defense and manage to pry off suspicion and find who is the real scum as well.
I however, do not have such confidence :(
Its just whatever
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Stels »

You know that all the SE's here are IC elligible right? Only a select few have been IC's though. IIRC, Morthas was never an IC, yet he can apply to play as one.
All this IC talk is just going nowhere. It doesn't matter how experienced you are. As far as I can tell, if you keep thinking that the reason he was NK'ed was because he was the 'most' experienced, then that just worsens the newbie's position. Meaning, you.

So far, I've only seen hiplop interacting with SoulBlade (now DH-Star) and Johhog in a slighty more negative way than the rest. Johhog's appearance there again gives me that bad gut feeling...
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by AeRyung »

Stels is right, experience is advatageous only to a certain point. It's a matter of how well you can read people. *glares at cs* my scumdar is on you.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Actually, my main point of Hiplop as IC eligible was that I am not IC eligible, so IF you wanted to lynch me, I would probably handle myself as well as I did day 1. However, since Hiplop is the only one who actually claimed he was IC eligible, he could've been lynched for that reason.
I'm looking too far into this, but I have nothing else to talk about :neutral:
Its just whatever
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by Johhog »

Stels wrote:You know that all the SE's here are IC elligible right? Only a select few have been IC's though. IIRC, Morthas was never an IC, yet he can apply to play as one.
All this IC talk is just going nowhere. It doesn't matter how experienced you are. As far as I can tell, if you keep thinking that the reason he was NK'ed was because he was the 'most' experienced, then that just worsens the newbie's position. Meaning, you.

So far, I've only seen hiplop interacting with SoulBlade (now DH-Star) and Johhog in a slighty more negative way than the rest. Johhog's appearance there again gives me that bad gut feeling...

Mm, I'm starting to develop a gut feeling that would indicate that you're scum too, but tbh it's

A) Not so strong. BKWM's play was incredibly town and you're still - well, null-town or something if I should try to think logically.
B) Subconsciously OMGUS I guess. I'm sorry, but I find it hard to avoid OMGUS and that is influencing my gut.

I'm not quite sure why I'm posting this really, but I can take this opportunity to share my updated reads:

AeRyung - Town
DH-Star - Logic tells me town because of the Ghostlinflip, gut tells me scum
theamatuer - Scum most likely
Stels - Logic tells me null-town, gut tells me null-scum
Morthas - I don't have that feeling I had yesterday, so null-town
ConSpiracy - Town

...yeah, my gut is probably paranoid. :shifty:
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Sure.
explain mine and DH-star's read as well.
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by theamatuer »

EBWOP: just for later on, but I have a shrewd idea on Johhogs reasoning.
What I am thinking of relies on a few fallacies that I will explain when he says so
Its just whatever
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Johhog »

You've been playing like scum all the game, almost every post you make is full of scumness, nothing more to add to that. Self-voting, frequent WIFOM, fluff etc. I think the list can continue for a long time but I won't do it. And no, I don't buy the defence that you're a newb.

DH-Star is a wildcard, he played like a Ghostlinbuddy, not a Theambuddy, but I have my gut telling me he's still scum. Not much evidence for him being scum as I said.

Ninja'd: What? Tell me moar.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Johhog wrote:You've been playing like scum all the game, almost every post you make is full of scumness, nothing more to add to that. Self-voting, frequent WIFOM, fluff etc. I think the list can continue for a long time but I won't do it. And no, I don't buy the defence that you're a newb.
I have absolutely nothing to say to this. I do not know how scum play or how I play as scum, and I only self-voted once (although perhaps once is enough). I use WIFOM alot sure, but it is definitely not in a bad way or in the way you are implying. You might want to wiki the term to check if you used it correctly.

DH-Star is a wildcard, he played like a Ghostlinbuddy, not a Theambuddy, but I have my gut telling me he's still scum. Not much evidence for him being scum as I said.
This is one of the fallacies I meant. First of all, I wish for you to show me relations for DH-Star is connected to Ghostlin. Once you put two people as scumbuddies together, one always assumes that if one lynches town, the other is also town. Of course, this is slightly reasonable if the only suspicion is buddying, but it will later on leave a blind spot with analysis, which can be deadly later on. This is even worse if you originally just piled them together since both are suspicious, since if this happens and 1 is town, you will automatically assume a top suspect to be town.

And for suspicions, I think that we should use SoulBlades actions along with DH-star, since as I said before, if SB was scum, then DH is also scum since roles are the same. The only reason most people don't post it out is because the replacement has no way of defending this, but usually people ignore the evidence altogether. I say this because SB acted like complete scum, and then he replace'd out for DH.

BTW: the other fallacy was about Johhog and me, along the lines of if A or B is scum, B is NK'd by "illogical" choice, then A is definitely scum. I think it doesn't work with Johhog well, but this post.
299 wrote:Aw sorry for the fence sitting but imo I have a good reason for it. In my book either Ghostlin or Theam must be scum, and both almost can't be, that would be ridiculous.
Made me think a little.

ALSO:
Johhog's sig wrote:"/in" ~theamatuer, at page 22 in the Street Fighter Marathon game, a day after it ended.

SIG IRONY :P
Its just whatever
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:10 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Morthas wrote:
Morthas wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:
Morthas wrote:@CS: I expect great things from you when you come back.

If you do the same. Your day 1 coasts wasn't unnoticed and activity suddenly picked up after that.

Wut?

What I am trying to say is:
I don't remember coasting.

Replace coasting with lurking. Wrong term, my bad.
AeRyung wrote:@ConSpiracy Kudos to you and your busy life. It's admirable. Anyway, Ghostlin and hiplop are no longer with us so you are next in line to give us some insight on this matter. Instead of suggestions and mechanics of gameplay, I would like to hear your perception on who you believe to be scum and a thorough reason why. Will you lead town in the right direction?

Why do you think that only the most experienced people can lead town in the right direction? This is a good post for scum-newbs trying to hide behind experienced players.
And I still lack an answer on my response to your case. Too bad hiplop already died, but pretend him to be still alive, your case had holes.
theamatuer wrote:I think I said so before. Hiplop is IC eligible. He probably could get a good defense and manage to pry off suspicion and find who is the real scum as well.
I however, do not have such confidence :(

That's not what you said, you said this:
theamatuer wrote:Ghostlin is townie, so logical scum would be either Hiplop or TM. Since Hiplop is proven townie, so TM must be scum.

So Hiplop, someone who was likely to get suspicions today, would be killed just to have you lynched.
Johhog wrote:Mm, I'm starting to develop a gut feeling that would indicate that you're scum too, but tbh it's

A) Not so strong. BKWM's play was incredibly town and you're still - well, null-town or something if I should try to think logically.
B) Subconsciously OMGUS I guess. I'm sorry, but I find it hard to avoid OMGUS and that is influencing my gut.

I'm not quite sure why I'm posting this really, but I can take this opportunity to share my updated reads:

You are whining a bit too much. And your day 2 play hasn't been what I hoped for.

Vote: theamatuer

Morthas and Johhog follow in suspicions.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Johhog »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Johhog wrote:Mm, I'm starting to develop a gut feeling that would indicate that you're scum too, but tbh it's

You are whining a bit too much. And your day 2 play hasn't been what I hoped for.

Whining? EXPLANATION... NOW...
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:20 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Johhog wrote:
ConSpiracy wrote:

Whining? EXPLANATION... NOW...

You are trying to validify your actions too much with irrelevant comments.
"I think he is scum, but I find it hard to avoid OMGUS"
"I'm not quite sure why I'm posting this really"
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

AeRyung wrote:
@MOD: Darth, you are so considerate. Thank you.

Nah, I just like seeing my name at the top. :P

Thank you. :)
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by theamatuer »

No, those two points might look different, but in reality are the same thing.
First, Ghostlin is suretown now due to lynch, so the main suspects as said by so many people are one of me or Hiplop. Since the NK showed Hiplop as town, you thought of the NK as "illogical" and decided to ignore it, and decided to go lynch me instead. I say that scum's goal was to get one of Hiplop or me lynched by lynching the other. Since you see that one is town, you think the other must be scum. Comparatively between HIplop and I, Hiplop is an IC-eligible as he so said to everyone, and therefore it would be easier to get me lynched than him.
Its just whatever
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Prodding DH-Star.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by theamatuer »

I bet DH-star isn't going to answer either. Why don't you modkill that spot instead of finding a new replacement?

I bet he's scum and I bet we're all going to ignore the new replacement too.
/rage
Its just whatever
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

theamatuer wrote:I bet DH-star isn't going to answer either. Why don't you modkill that spot instead of finding a new replacement?

/rage

Flaking is almost always a replaceable, but not a modkillable, offense. About the only circumstances in which I would consider modkilling a vacant playslot would be as an absolute last resort if a game ground to an absolute halt because I could find no replacement player after an very long and increasingly desperate search. This is not such a game--yes, there have been lots of replacements needed, but those replacement players generally stepped up very promptly when I announced a vacancy, which is totally clutch and awesome.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by AeRyung »

CS wrote:Why do you think that only the most experienced people can lead town in the right direction? This is a good post for scum-newbs trying to hide behind experienced players.
And I still lack an answer on my response to your case. Too bad hiplop already died, but pretend him to be still alive, your case had holes.

You don't answer the questions I ask which requires thorough writing. When you post, you post in 1-2 sentences most of the time consisting of nothing very helpful other than game mechanics. You make comments and ask questions and when those questions are answered, you don't do much with that information, nor do you try to build a strong case for everyone else to see to convince that person is scum. If you are, then share it. For someone who seems aggressive in his writing, your actions are very, very mild. You're scared to do something out of the ordinary, you seem held back. These people think you're null-town because you do just enough to keep suspicion off of you. Interrogate just enough, post just enough, you mostly critique people on how they play and how they are very scum like and what not but really, that's just about the majority of your posts. You evade simple questions and turn it around on the other player without answering the question requested. You question a lot, yet answer little.

VOTE: ConSpiracy
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by AeRyung »

A lot of input, but not much output. If you know what I mean.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by theamatuer »

ConSpiracy wrote:However, scum wants to win, so they do not care about lynching you, but lynching anybody.

didn't see this earlier.
If they NK hiplop, I said that I would get lynched pretty easily without them having to attack me specifically.
Also, I don't see much suspicious about CS, but I think it's because of my passive nature of being unable to find many suspicions to people attacking me. :?
Its just whatever
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Stels »

theamatuer wrote:Actually, my main point of Hiplop as IC eligible was that I am not IC eligible, so IF you wanted to lynch me, I would probably handle myself as well as I did day 1. However, since Hiplop is the only one who actually claimed he was IC eligible, he could've been lynched for that reason.
I'm looking too far into this, but I have nothing else to talk about :neutral:

I have stated that I was IC-eligible before. Your point null and void.

theamatuer wrote:No, those two points might look different, but in reality are the same thing.
First, Ghostlin is suretown now due to lynch, so the main suspects as said by so many people are one of me or Hiplop. Since the NK showed Hiplop as town, you thought of the NK as "illogical" and decided to ignore it, and decided to go lynch me instead. I say that scum's goal was to get one of Hiplop or me lynched by lynching the other. Since you see that one is town, you think the other must be scum. Comparatively between HIplop and I, Hiplop is an IC-eligible as he so said to everyone, and therefore it would be easier to get me lynched than him.

AtE.
Experience isn't everything. It's how you perform/act/word choice/etc.

theamatuer wrote:I bet DH-star isn't going to answer either. Why don't you modkill that spot instead of finding a new replacement?

/rage

Scummy-scum-scum post.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Post by theamatuer »

In that case, let me ask you one thing.

Between me and Hiplop, who would be easier to get a lynch with?
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by theamatuer »

I know you're online, so answer me.
Its just whatever

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”