Mortal Kombat Mafia (Game Over: Mafia Win)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Also, interestingly, there MIGHT be an Amrun/GW connection. You finally making an actual argument made me go back and read her to check if it's true (kinda, sorta - she does give reasons here and there, like 'There's no way both millers are town-' note I'm not saying they're good ones) and she random votes GW then declares him super town with no reasoning, apparently apropros of nothing.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by The Fonz »

And HOLY CRAP, is it hard to find a completed town Amrun game. Tried looking at the themes, but she seems to be scum or 3p in nearly all of them, and she's in loads of ongoings. Amrun, links?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Internet Stranger wrote:uh... im planning to hang Palisades anyways, but thats just horrible sentence structure, not a scumslip.

Ghostwriter is scum with a killing ability that hides flips. And you want to let him live? This is heresy.

Huh? I don't mean today, of course! Scumwriter is dying today for sure. Palisades can die tomorrow. I think I reiterated that in one of my other posts.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:58 am

Here is one (about Palisades):

Internet Stranger wrote:Youre claiming to have the scum teams already discovered and we are still at like Day 1, since the last lynch was an autolynch and the one before was a mod-kill. Thats scummy behavior.

Youre playing Crystal ball mafia putting out bullshit lists of active players. Its time for you to get in the pit. Too bad you wont get to die until tomorrow.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:00 am

And another. Palisades needs to hang... Tomorrow.

Internet Stranger wrote:uh... im planning to hang Palisades anyways, but thats just horrible sentence structure, not a scumslip.

He made a list of 7 people, then said 8/20 are innocent, then he goes on babbling about six scum on the next sentence. He just doesnt bridge the ideas properly. But the 7+1 means the 7 "angels" plus his scummy ass.

Either way, his whole premise that he has the game figured out is just scum flailing and hoping to garner some good faith before he gets lynched tomorrow.
Show

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:14 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Ohh , my fucking god. They add fucking multi qutes. Wow, that is great! Woop Woop.

@Is, why do you feel the need to post three quotes about yourself when everybody knew (at least I hope) that you meant tomorrow.

@fronz, I investigated amrun because of the last guys flip. I thought that amrun was connected to him. This will make it hard for me to get on an amrun lynch wagon. However, during the night (if I can tear myself away from oblivion) I will do some reading on amrun.
after a wank.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:17 am

Because ABR doesn't have the same level of reading comprehension that you do, Cooldog.
Show

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Amrun »

I have a pretty up to date wiki. It's no secret.

My original vote on GW was semi-random and very weak. He did some sort of thing that convinced me he was town but I'm not big on sharing reasons for townreads unless they become relevant. I honestly don't remember what he did that I liked.

That is reaching. Again, you are a smart enough player to think about scum motivation and why anyone would do such a thing to a scumbuddy.

Logic dictates that I am half as likely to be scum than anyone else, so find a less stupid suspect. Later in the gamou still harbor such suspicions, we can discuss it then.

Because I'll probably still be alive because now I'm not even a good vig shot. *sigh*
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Amrun »

I also really dislike how you say there "might" be a GW conection. There isn't, but if you think there is, why not state it with conviction instead of pussyfooting around it, waiting to hear what others think?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Amrun »

Just read page 27.

MoS, get a grip. NO ONE has made any cases. Want to know why? There hasn't been an opportunity. Modkill d1 when I wanted Palisade dead. Cop guilty day 2. Tracker guilty day 3.

I can't actually think of anyone who has made a case, except Palisade and every single one of those was riddled with so much confirmation bias that it hardly counts.

You could have chosen anyone's iso and said the same thing about it. That's not a case.

And if you really think Palisade is town, why aren't you defending him?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I've been saying Palisade is town since Day 1. Where were you?
Permanent V/LA.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Amrun wrote:I have a pretty up to date wiki. It's no secret.

My original vote on GW was semi-random and very weak. He did some sort of thing that convinced me he was town but I'm not big on sharing reasons for townreads unless they become relevant. I honestly don't remember what he did that I liked.

I'm not big on giving townreads on players not under attack in general, but if you do, why the hell wouldn't you say why?

That is reaching. Again, you are a smart enough player to think about scum motivation and why anyone would do such a thing to a scumbuddy.

I'm also smart enough to recognise a WIFOM defence when I see one.

Logic dictates that I am half as likely to be scum than anyone else, so find a less stupid suspect. Later in the gamou still harbor such suspicions, we can discuss it then.

Because I'll probably still be alive because now I'm not even a good vig shot. *sigh*

What part of 'there is no way we should lynch Amrun in the next day or two' did you not get?

Amrun wrote:I also really dislike how you say there "might" be a GW conection. There isn't, but if you think there is, why not state it with conviction instead of pussyfooting around it, waiting to hear what others think?

You wanna talk about reaches? This. There might be a scumbuddy connection, but it's hardly the case that every pair of players where one does this to the other are actually partners. I'm town therefore uninformed, I don't know whether there's a scumbuddy connection there or not. Hence 'might.' If Gw flips Black Dragon, there obviously isn't.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

And another thing. What on Earth makes you think it has anything to do with 'what anyone else thinks?' And why are you simultaneously accusing mastin of confirmation bias, overstating his reads etc, and attacking me for saying you 'might be' rather than are scum with GW?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:EBWOP: springlullaby is telling the truth, BL's death helps the claim imo.

If at anytime Spring flips scum this is her buddy..

Palisade wrote:Lurker lynching is synonymous with lolfail-lynching.

no. Lurkers don't help the town and its quite possible for there to be lurkerscum.

vote:paliside
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote palissade
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Nero Cain wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:EBWOP: springlullaby is telling the truth, BL's death helps the claim imo.

If at anytime Spring flips scum this is her buddy..

Palisade wrote:Lurker lynching is synonymous with lolfail-lynching.

no. Lurkers don't help the town and its quite possible for there to be lurkerscum.

vote:paliside

Considering that Nero Cain 5 posts in this game so far...naw, he's obviously trolling us. Can't be serious, right?
Permanent V/LA.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

MoS, I also think Palisade is town, but if scum have an ability that makes the other person in the ring die, he's probably the best sacrifice for a number of reasons (claimed VT, suspected by a lot of people, etc etc).

I doubt scum do have an ability like this (unless both teams have it, or one team has it and the other has an amazingly powerful ability to balance it), so I don't think it really matters. Or if they do have it, it's probably limited in usage in some way, so if they really want to use it on palisade to save a lurker, good on them.

VOTE: Palisade
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:]
Considering that Nero Cain 5 posts in this game so far...naw, he's obviously trolling us. Can't be serious, right?

naw not trolling. Nice try anyways.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Scum having an ability to kill the other opponent ignoring votes seems a little OP in any kind of LyLo/MyLo scenario.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:17 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Yeah, like I said, I don't think they do have an ability like this, so I don't see the point in fussing about who goes in the ring with GW. GW is the lynch for today. Unless you're voting someone else to make a point of some sort (in which case congratulations, nobody cares), there's no reason not to vote Palisade.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Man speaks the truth.

Vote: Palisade
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 am

Post by T-Bone »

Sigh.

Unvote

Let's trounce scum-scummy-scum.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Palisade »

Apologies for my other head. I told him to rant all he wants in the QT, but to keep it out of the thread. He actually makes some interesting points when he does his Caps Lock Rage, but it's best for me to translate.

Lurker lynching is synonymous with lolfail-lynching.
This of course is only half correct.

Lynching a lurker just because they're lurking is lolfail-lynching. Aside from strong evidence indicating otherwise, it's most likely null. If someone has done lots of things which are scummy in conjunction with lurking, that's a different story entirely. I've nailed an entire scumteam for lurking, but while lurking was one of the things I used to pin them down, it was just an augmentation to the other scummy stuff they had done.

There's town-lurking, and then there's scum-lurking. Point out to me a lurker and what you see scummy in them other than their lurking (or if you have nothing else, convince me why their lurking is scummy other than the circular "they're scummy because they're lurking, their lurking is scummy because they're scummy"); I'll listen. But more likely than not, I'll conclude they're town.

IS wrote:Youre claiming to have the scum teams already discovered and we are still at like Day 1, since the last lynch was an autolynch and the one before was a mod-kill. Thats scummy behavior.
Right. Calling scumteams on day one is totally a scumtell. It's totally not pro-town to focus on nailing all the scum rather than just one or two. It's totally pro-town to ignore Interactions and aim small, rather than nailing everyone. :roll:

Yeah. You can see just how ridiculous this point is.

Time wrote:Palisade gimme your current and up-to-date top 3 scumspects.
My partner failed to address this, but we had done so in one of our recent posts on the page, presumably why he didn't.

Palisade wrote:We're going to keep pushing Fonz. And IS, for that matter. And Toog. We're just looking for one more name, and we have both scumteams.
Still searching. But primary analysis is indicating strongly that IS and Fonz are on the same scumteam, the scumteam without a Janitor (therefore the opposite scumteam of GhostWriter) who had their kill fail N1. If GhostWriter flips Earthrealm Invader, then that means that Fonz and IS are the remaining two Black Dragons. If GhostWriter flips Black Dragon, then they have one more buddy.

This post is an incredible stretch. My partner was not kidding when he said it was BS. We made it quite clear. We posted seven names which we made clear meant that those seven were far more likely to be town. Plus ourselves, that makes eight. Then we transitioned to suspects significantly more likely to be scum, listing four, and noted that we need one more, since there's six scum and we had only five total. (WLC+GW+*three suspects* = 5, obviously.)

There's pretty much no way that can be interpreted as "seven scum plus ourselves equals eight".

We made it QUITE clear, and have ever since it was known there were two scumteams, that we think there are six scum. This fits with our original post. Y'know, the one on Day One? The one where we said this game had six to seven scum? Nothing changed with the revelation of two scumteams; the math remained the same. Eight's too many; it makes more mathematical and logical sense to be six. If Fonz were town, he would've realized this.

Internet Stranger wrote:Either way, his whole premise that he has the game figured out is just scum flailing and hoping to garner some good faith before he gets lynched tomorrow.
Not so far from the truth, actually.

If we're gonna go down, we're going to go down nailing the entire scumteam. There's no more glorious death than that. To die scumhunting is the death every pro-town player dreams of. We're going to figure out the game before we die, and we're going to make it so the town has a guaranteed win if they listen to our now-confirmed-town status post-death. Make the town listen to the reads of the dead rather than discard them.

Anything less than that is a disgrace. Anything less than perfection is shameful, considering who we are.

Fonz wrote:He doesn't talk about his Angel list anywhere else in the post. So either he responded to me accusing him of slipping by talking about something utterly irrelevant to the number of scum, or he's actually responding to the 'number of scum' point and including himself in the number of scum.
The original post did. It was part of the discussion. You're doing more flailing than IS is accusing us of doing.

PS Eight scum total makes so much more sense as a matter of logical deduction. What chance does a group of three in a 25 man game with crosskills have?
25 is only one more than 24. What chance does a group of three (modkilled down to two on day one) in a 24 man game with crosskills have?

Oh, right. They won the game! Three scum is plenty balanced. Even the Mafia made it pretty far into the game, despite having been crosskilled, having two members fail in their gambits, and having a cop guilty on one member. Three scum per faction fits perfectly.

Bogre wrote:I'm not agreeing with much from Palisade beyond the idiocy of lynching Amrun based on the fact that he's cleared from one team. Seriously- you're going to clear someone from 1 scum team and lynch them over the possibility of being another? He's obviously not the case.

Secondly, I think spring's case is STRENGTHENED by the flip- 2 scum teams, 2 millers. Maybe 1 faction cop finds 1 faction miller, etc.
Know what I said about lurkers earlier? If someone made a case on this guy, I'd sheep it. Fine candidate for the fourth scum member, methinks.

Fonz wrote:Like I said, I don't want to go point for point with Mastin, because that kills games.
Something Mastin is more than aware of, by the way. That's why he's a hydra: so he has someone to make him more concise.

YOU'RE MAD? YOU'RE FUCKING MAD?
Fonz gets emotional. This is about as blatant as AtE gets. He was calm before this, and suddenly he goes nuts?

You're posting so much fucking unmitigated, total, bullshit that it's actually painful. Every time I read one of your fucking abortions of posts, I get so much rage that I have to step away from the computer for ten minutes. Every word of every one of your posts is not worth the pixels it takes to put together, and that you have THE FUCKING AUDACITY to call my reasonable arguments bullshit whilst excreting from your virtual mouths every time you open them takes my breath away.

DIE
FUCKING DIE
I've shown you why his point against us is absolute BS. We're working on making a better case against him, since he's pretty much the most obv-scum player we've ever seen. He's going into rage mode for nothing if he were town. Think about it from this way:

If he were town, and honestly thought we were scum, he wouldn't be talking with us. He'd think we were lying scum and wouldn't be addressing us in this rage, because he'd know that it'd only decrease his reputation.

Now think about it this way:

If he is scum, he knows we're town. He knows we've nailed him, for reasons he sees as BS. He's not denying being scum. He's denying the REASONS for being scum. In other words, "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CAUGHT ME FOR SUCH A PILE OF BS REASONS!!!" Put bluntly, we may not have the best reasons, but we're quite obviously correct.

He scumslipped badly in this post, by revealing he knows we're town, using (to him) sub-par reasoning. He already is aware that we're town. He's practically calling for us to be policy lynched--not because we're scum, but because we get on his nerves. This is in stark contrast to his White Knighting on Day One, where he defends against our lynch because he doesn't think we're scum.

Note that his opinion obviously hasn't changed: he doesn't think we're scum. His conclusion very obviously has--now we should be lynched, whereas before, we should not be.

In other words, a clear contradiction in Fonz's stances.

Toogeloo wrote:Why are we bickering over who is going into the arena with confirmed scum? Discussion is nice, but at the end of the day, just put the person with the most votes in there for a knock out of Ghost.
Fluff like this is why Toogeloo is scum. This is not scumhunting, but it's meant to be passed off as an attempt at scumhunting.

Fonz wrote:Because I thought they were probably town, duh. They hadn't started slipping and misrepresenting me all over the place.
And Fonz just admitted to OMGUS'ing us. Seriously, that's his ONLY reason for thinking we should be dead: because we're one of the only people who's read him correctly as scum. Because we're a
threat
to him, and he can't exactly waste an NK on us without drawing attention.

Fonz wrote:Also, MoS, time to extract your cranium from your posterior. You haven't made one word of a case on Amrun all freakin' game. You know full well that to overcome an investigation that rules out her being in one of the two scumgroups makes lynching her basically impossible unless you've got not just a case, but a damn good one. Either you're pulling one of those derpy gambits you sometimes try to make yourself look smarter than everyone else, or you're scum trying to look like you're doing that so you can keep tunnelling and never, ever, have to actually make a meaningful contribution.
Pointless White Knighting of Amrun, who needs no defending. Sound familiar?

It should--this is exactly what he did in regards to us on Day One.

Also, interestingly, there MIGHT be an Amrun/GW connection. You finally making an actual argument made me go back and read her to check if it's true (kinda, sorta - she does give reasons here and there, like 'There's no way both millers are town-' note I'm not saying they're good ones) and she random votes GW then declares him super town with no reasoning, apparently apropros of nothing.
Fencesitting and backtracking at its most classic! "Amrun's not scum, MoS."
"...Actually, she COULD be, but I'm not sold..."

Seriously?

You guys have a town-read on the guy who consistently contradicts himself?

Amrun wrote:And if you really think Palisade is town, why aren't you defending him?
We went over this with Fonz on Day One, Amrun.

We're Palisade.

We don't NEED defending. Quite frankly, it's more scummy to defend us than it is to attack us; why do you think we've been attacking Fonz since the MOMENT he started White Knighting us?

The fact that MoS HASN'T defended us is evidence that MoS is town, in fact.

Unvote, Vote: Palisade
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Darox »

We're done here.

Incoming 11 vote hit combo and exactly zero words from Ghostwriter.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

Darox wrote:We're done here.

Incoming 11 vote hit combo and exactly zero words from Ghostwriter.

He is V/LA I believe or he has site flaked.

Other than that, what the frag is up with him and content?

VOTE: Palisade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”