Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Hm.
Let's let everyone else give their opinions first, I still think it's a good idea, even with that risk.

[preedit]
No, iamusername, because we need Maruchan to jailkeep Link. Why? So that we can confirm Maruchan. We're trading a cop investigation for a confirmed Jailkeeper. That's fucking gold. With that knowledge, it's a town fucking win. You need to stop fighting it. It is necessary that it will happen.

Also, I'll check the blacklist.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:I agree with iamausername. I think this is a perfect time for a wifom JK choice. Although personally if xvart flips scum, I'd try and jail whoever I thought the last scum was for the perfect game chance :D

I liek this, and I had honestly thought about WIFOMing being on Hiraki, back when he still trusted me.

Back when he still thought I was town and suggested the whole "doc and maruchan on me".

I figured I'd jail who I thought last scum was
, since everyone would think I was on him, then he could get a free report, and I could jail a possible killer.

Right fucking there in the bold. What else you got?

Read the quote inside your quote.

I was talking to someone, and therefore in said situation, continues with the situation already created FOR me(not by me).

Scuhunter was making a scenario, with only one scum left. I therefore replied, TO SAID SCENARIO, in which there is only one scum left.

If you want to yell at someone for 3 instead of 4, go to scumhunter. not me. kaithnxbaigurl.

Ob-fucking-jection!!!! Your statement clearly says you had been considering it before I had declared my suspicion of you. Who's lying now, bro?
Whiskers wrote:Hikari Link, you look fucking BAAAD right now to me. You seem to want Maruchan to die no matter what. Lynch him over near-conf-scum? Fine with you. Put him in a position where he will without a doubt be nightkilled? Sure!

If it's between him or me, it's going to be me every time, since I know for a fact my role and I don't know his.
Whiskers wrote:Look. HEre we are. Lynch xvart. If townflip, then Doc on Hikari Link, JK on Hikari Link. If flip scum, Doc on Maruchan, JK on Hikari Link.

I'm willing to accept this, as long as everyone agrees to lynch Maruchan no matter what if I'm killed during the night or if I get a report. No amount of arguing can be allowed to overturn this.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

How is Maruchan going to be confirmed, anyway? Because Link will be blocked? That could be a scum roleblocker. Or a scum jailkeeper, indeed.

As far as I'm concerned, a scum flip on xvart is all the confirmation I need, and demanding that he jail Link is just not making use of the power we've been given. There are plenty of other people I would prefer to have confirmed than someone who is obviously town already.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

iamausername wrote:How is Maruchan going to be confirmed, anyway? Because Link will be blocked? That could be a scum roleblocker. Or a scum jailkeeper, indeed.

As far as I'm concerned, a scum flip on xvart is all the confirmation I need, and demanding that he jail Link is just not making use of the power we've been given. There are plenty of other people I would prefer to have confirmed than someone who is obviously town already.

It's too bad I suspect him though, so it's pretty likely that I'd investigate him anyway if he wasn't guaranteed to target me..
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Mafia Tracker (sees who target visited), Follower (sees action target performed), Roleblocker, Godfather, I think these are all very possible. Framer is also possible, but I don't like it and don't think it would be included-- but that's personal opinion. Aslo, Mafia role-cop comes free with Newbie Meal purchase, why not here?

Also, let's be wary of Millers, as it is as likely there are millers as there are Godfathers.
Macho-variants also possible, but unlikely.

[PreEdit]
iamusername: Both are possible. We have to do the best we can.

However, if MAruchan is a powerrole and scum, we probably have another powerrole, perhaps a doc after all?

iamusername, Maruchan and Hikari Link have too much suspicion on each other. We may as well confirm one. We aren't using the Powers to the best of our ability, but if it will make them both feel more at ease, I say let's go with it. We have at least two out of Some scum. We easily winning. Worst case scenario, we thin the herd a little here. (Actually, worst case scenario JK gets nightkilled and there is no doc.) Best case, a townie gets confirmed. Actually, BEST case, A scum gets confirmed.

That's why you, Hikari Link, need to Cop somepony else. If you don't get roleblocked, (while it's POSSIBLE that Maruchan was roleblocked himself), then you still get a result and we lynch Maruchan. If you get NKed instead, it isn't any worse than if you got NKed and did an investigation on Maruchan. The roleblock will clear Maruchan enough anyway.

If you investigate and
are not roleblocked and do not die
, you get double win (we have your investigation, plus we lynch Maruchan.). if You investigate and
are not roleblocked but do die
, Town gets a single win for lynching Maru. If you investigate but
ARE roleblocked, and do NOT die
, you get a single win and we have cleared Maruchan.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Hikari Link wrote:It's too bad I suspect him though, so it's pretty likely that I'd investigate him anyway if he wasn't guaranteed to target me..

Right, so investigate somepony else. It can only benefit you.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Whiskers wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:It's too bad I suspect him though, so it's pretty likely that I'd investigate him anyway if he wasn't guaranteed to target me..

Right, so investigate somepony else. It can only benefit you.

You diidn't need to tell me that. I was explicitly referring to iamusername's proposed scenario. In a situation where Maruchan has given his word he will jail me, I'm willing to investigate anybody else.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Maruchan has given his word.

You both agree to my plan where Maruchan blocks you, and the Doc protects one of you based on Xvart's flip.
So let's lynch xvart, and move along.

Link, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?
iamusername, you mentioned about it, but didn't answer the question, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Maruchan »

iamausername wrote:
iamausername wrote:P.S. pretty sure Beloved Princess and PGO are both on the Normal blacklist.

thus proving that I don't know everything.

They're highly unlikely, but apparently not impossible.

This is why nobody has ever voted for you yet so far this game. You can admit you're wrong.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Whiskers wrote:Mafia Tracker (sees who target visited), Follower (sees action target performed), Roleblocker, Godfather, I think these are all very possible. Framer is also possible, but I don't like it and don't think it would be included-- but that's personal opinion. Aslo, Mafia role-cop comes free with Newbie Meal purchase, why not here?

Also, let's be wary of Millers, as it is as likely there are millers as there are Godfathers.

[PreEdit]

However, if MAruchan is a powerrole and scum, we probably have another powerrole, perhaps a doc after all?

iamusername, Maruchan and Hikari Link have too much suspicion on each other. We may as well confirm one. We aren't using the Powers to the best of our ability, but if it will make them both feel more at ease, I say let's go with it. We have at least two out of Some scum. We easily winning. Worst case scenario, we thin the herd a little here. (Actually, worst case scenario JK gets nightkilled and there is no doc.) Best case, a townie gets confirmed. Actually, BEST case, A scum gets confirmed.

That's why you, Hikari Link, need to Cop somepony else. If you don't get roleblocked, (while it's POSSIBLE that Maruchan was roleblocked himself), then you still get a result and we lynch Maruchan. If you get NKed instead, it isn't any worse than if you got NKed and did an investigation on Maruchan. The roleblock will clear Maruchan enough anyway.

If you investigate and
, you get double win (we have your investigation, plus we lynch Maruchan.). if You investigate and

I felt perfectly at ease until Link quit being smart this game
Show
Join Now!

monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by monk »

1. Panacea

2. Hikari Link
LTP Mafia
Cop Claim
3. Maruchan
crappy
Jailkeeper Claim
4. Scumhunter

6. Substrike22
VT Claim
7. Noramp

8. monk
Innocent Result from Link
9. Tovarish

10. Friend

11. iamausername

12. Whiskers

13. Xvart
MusicNinja
cloudocean
VT Claim

Considering that we also have a flipped goon and going on our group of players, I think it is highly unlikely that there are anti-roles considering they're roles that people generally claim straight up, though if I'm wrong please, please do claim. Our non-claim pool goes to
1. Panacea

4. Scumhunter

7. Noramp

9. Tovarish

10. Friend

11. iamausername

12. Whiskers

If all the claims so far are to be held as true ones then we likely have two scum in this group, five townies left then. Not claiming Miller or PGO is incredibly antitown. From this list these peeps have decided to fly under the radar today:
Panacea, Tovarish, Friend
If xvart flips scum I think it's likely that any of the three above are scum. Friend is least likely as he basically bussed both of his partners then. Tovarish and Panacea I'm not too sure about I'll have a look a bit later.

However I think it's more likely that xvart will flip VT.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Friend »

I'm VLA. Not really under-the-radar
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

Whiskers wrote:iamusername, you mentioned about it, but didn't answer the question, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?

In the unlikely event that they exist, they should have done this in their first post.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Maruchan »

The two in VLA (Panacea and friend) went VLA before any of this claiming drama began, they aren't under the radar

Although Friend, if you're VLA how do you reply to posts concerning you being scum so quickly?
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Whiskers wrote:Maruchan has given his word.

You both agree to my plan where Maruchan blocks you, and the Doc protects one of you based on Xvart's flip.

iamusername, you mentioned about it, but didn't answer the question, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?

I don't think it necessary. As iamusernane pointed out, it's just a way for scum to hide.
Maruchan wrote:
Whiskers wrote:Mafia Tracker (sees who target visited), Follower (sees action target performed), Roleblocker, Godfather, I think these are all very possible. Framer is also possible, but I don't like it and don't think it would be included-- but that's personal opinion. Aslo, Mafia role-cop comes free with Newbie Meal purchase, why not here?

[PreEdit]

If you investigate and

I felt perfectly at ease until Link quit being smart this game

More like you started looking scummy. Doesn't help that you are calling me scummy when I've done nothing scummy the entire game. I always get suspicious when things start going too well.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Whiskers »

We have a perfect game going, let's not ruin it with hot supertown vs supertown action.

Link, we have the plan to get Maruchan checked out. The only flaw in it is that scum blocker might block him and he'd seem to be scum. He seems to be okay with that.
Move the fuck on. If he's scum, we'll know tonight.
Link who are your other reads?

@Maruchan: V/LA means "Vacation/LimitedAccess". He has Limited Access, which is not no access, and therefore can reply.

@Friend: Since you can reply, Should negative utility roles claim or not?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Whiskers »

EBWOP:
*hot town-on-town action.
[/fluff]
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Noramp »

If maru Jked Xvart and xvart isnt scum then that means mafia didn't send in any NK which would be really weird but would probably suggest our remaining scum are probably hard lurkers which we don't really have other than Tovarish or we have a doc which seems unlikely at this point. I think we should lynch Xvart today and that can confirm whether or not Maru is really the JK. And personally I believe that a cop is way more important that a JK and therefore if we are lucky enough to have a doc they should target link and leave maru to his own devices sorry maru but with assured cop it is only a matter of time until town wins.
Yarr Owlbear!
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Whiskers wrote:Link, we have the plan to get Maruchan checked out. The only flaw in it is that scum blocker might block him and he'd seem to be scum. He seems to be okay with that.
Move the fuck on. If he's scum, we'll know tonight.

Don't act like I'm the one not letting things go. Maruchan's the one who said I wasn't playing smart after I had already agreed to the plan.
Whiskers wrote:Link who are your other reads?

You have my reads from yesterday when I claimed. Aside from Maruchan and monk, they haven't really changed much.
Noramp wrote:If maru Jked Xvart and xvart isnt scum then that means mafia didn't send in any NK

Or they targeted xvart.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Way to follow-the-cop, Noramp. If we have both a JK AND a cop, obviously, JK should protect cop tonight. Doc protect cop all other times, sure.

Anyway, your first statement is false:
Noramp wrote:If maru Jked Xvart and xvart isnt scum then
that means mafia didn't send in any NK
which would be really weird but would probably suggest our remaining scum are probably hard lurkers which we don't really have other than Tovarish or we have a doc which seems unlikely at this point.

At least, some of it is. Bolded for emphasis.

No. It means mafia didn't send in any NK, or we have a doc, or xvart really WAS the scum target.
Also, if you believe Link, Maru may not have JKed xvart at all, therefore your scenarios of "No NK, doc, or scum xvart" are all equally unlikely.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Whiskers »

So, Owlbear, Negative Utility roles: Claim or no?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Hikari Link wrote:

I don't think it necessary. As
iamusernane
pointed out, it's just a way for scum to hide.

Maruchan
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Noramp wrote:If maru Jked Xvart and xvart isnt scum then that means mafia didn't send in any NK which would be really weird but would probably suggest our remaining scum are probably hard lurkers which we don't really have other than Tovarish or we have a doc which seems unlikely at this point. I think we should lynch Xvart today and that can confirm whether or not Maru is really the JK. And personally I believe that a cop is way more important that a JK and therefore if we are lucky enough to have a doc they should target link and leave maru to his own devices sorry maru but with assured cop it is only a matter of time until town wins.

Repeat of 2 pages ago:

Point2post where Link b confurmed
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Whiskers wrote:So, Owlbear, Negative Utility roles: Claim or no?

no
Show
Join Now!

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:

I don't think it necessary. As
iamusernane
pointed out, it's just a way for scum to hide.

Maruchan

Quite right. My mistake.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”