Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Hikari Link wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:
Whiskers wrote:Maruchan has given his word.

You both agree to my plan where Maruchan blocks you, and the Doc protects one of you based on Xvart's flip.
So let's lynch xvart, and move along.

Link, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?
iamusername, you mentioned about it, but didn't answer the question, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?

I don't think it necessary. As
iamusernane
pointed out, it's just a way for scum to hide.

Maruchan

Quite right. My mistake.

I think you got that British accent you were going for down.

I totally heard this in my mind as like some middle-aged English man in his high-backed armchair with a monacle.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Maruchan wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:
Whiskers wrote:Maruchan has given his word.

You both agree to my plan where Maruchan blocks you, and the Doc protects one of you based on Xvart's flip.
So let's lynch xvart, and move along.

Link, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?
iamusername, you mentioned about it, but didn't answer the question, what do you think about negative utility roles claiming?

I don't think it necessary. As
iamusernane
pointed out, it's just a way for scum to hide.

Maruchan

Quite right. My mistake.

I think you got that British accent you were going for down.

I totally heard this in my mind as like some middle-aged English man in his high-backed armchair with a monacle.

Bloody smashing.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Okay stop making me laugh I already have a mild headache and the laughing doesn't help
Show
Join Now!

monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by monk »

Maruchan, why don't you want the negative power roles to claim?
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I said that before Link agreed on the plan.

With his plan agreed on, I wouldn't care if we do so, for TONIGHT'S PURPOSES. However, we have to look into the future. If we have bad-PR's mass-claim now the scum can hide behind a Paranoid Gun Owner claim, and Link can never inv them.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Maruchan »

also it gets rid of more possibilities for who the doc (if there is one) is, so easier for scum to target a doc for a kill.
Show
Join Now!

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by xvart »

Maruchan, 805 wrote:Scum NK, Doctor. I already said this. Next time actually read my posts please.
I did read your post, as is evident by what I said. I was telling you that you better start concocting a story for tomorrow when I flip town.

Maruchan, 805 wrote:I am not the one you should address this to. I was telling yo uI was basing the chances of a roleblocker on Link's opinion. If you don't like it, tel link, not me.
Strange that you are laying the possibility of a scum rolebocker on another persons opinion.

Maruchan, 805 wrote:Please explain to me exactly what events happened that you think lead up to the result of a lack of a kill last night. Its important
I think I've already explained what I believe to have happened, but I'll elaborate more this time. I think your team decided to no kill last night with you being scum roleblocker under the guise of confirming yourself (although not really since I don't have an ability). You probably picked me for the reasons you said: a player slot highly suspected so it makes you look town plus you don't have to worry about getting a competent player coming in and disrupting your teams mojo if you had the town looking in different directions already. Then, your "jailkeep" of me gets me lynched and I flip town. Oops you say, well you suppose I could have been the NK target. Plus, I think you were already locked into claiming today with your little attempted save on bobsnox that almost worked so you absolutely had to claim something because you would have looked terrible if there was a night kill and then didn't claim under whatever pretext you would have made up (or claimed JKer with no conclusive evidence which would then prompt the "why did you claim or why were you so eager to claim?"). Meanwhile, the town erupts into chaos and yields nothing concrete to help them today. It's the perfect scum play: get a suspected townie lynch with little liability and create chaotic smokescreen to distract the town for an entire day.

Maruchan, 805 wrote:It is possible that this setup is horribly town sided. They only have to pass a normalcy check to be allowed in the normal queue. Not a balance check. Also, link me to any wiki page which directly says that in making a setup a doctor should not be put with a jailer. Since you're biggest attack here is that the wiki is where I get most of my information, mind me a wiki page that says it. If you find one, I will self-vote and call myself scum. Or even find me a signature that links to a page that says that.
You're taking what I said out of context. You said you do a lot of reading on the site. It isn't too hard of a stretch to think you would have come across games where this was discussed or even the MD forum where it is discussed. For someone cruising the forum for gambits I assumed you would also have a fundamental understanding of balance. I have neither moderated a game nor designed a setup but even thinking about the setup with a doctor AND a jailkeeper is ridiculous because of what I said before: "with two roles that can prevent a kill (one of which can prevent it from two directions) thereby blocking the scum NK ~1/4 of the time on night 1 and even higher as the game goes on and neither of them are lynched/killed."

Maruchan, 805 wrote:
xvart wrote:Nice condescending undertone.

My specialty. No problemo.
Your specialty didn't come out until you were put under some pressure.

Maruchan, 805 wrote:I answered. I told you that I never said anywhere you were an easy lynch today. If there was a night kill last night? No I wouldn't have claimed. And I would have not mentioned even the thought of claiming, so that I couldn't be asked for my claim.
Woah, wait just a second. You say you wouldn't have mentioned it D1 if there wasn't a NK last night. How could you predict something that hasn't happened yet to base what you are claiming prior to said event happening unless... wait for it... you are scum.

And you didn't say I was an easy lynch. You said "You were the top scum suspect of almost EVERY player here" which wouldn't make for a difficult lynch to put through.

Maruchan, 806 wrote:
xvart wrote:
Whiskers Case wrote:This post reads to me as pushing a bogus case and asking to be convinced it is bogus under the guise of pressure. If you are voting scum you shouldn't need to be convinced otherwise. And simply asking to be convinced otherwise is essentially saying that you want to be convinced and don't believe in your vote to begin with.

Thanks for admitting I am a bogus case.
lol @ context and misrep. First of all, it has nothing to do with the case on you now; since everything I've commented about you now has transpired after that point in the game. AND, most importantly, Whiskers pushing a bogus case on you has no bearing on your alignment, since Whiskers could have been pushing a bogus case on a scum buddy. I really like the way you misconstrue things out of context in an attempt to undermine me.

iamausername, 848 wrote:I still prefer the plan where scum don't know exactly who Maruchan will be targeting, and thus can't tailor their kill to best take advantage of that knowledge.
Except for the part the scum team will know who Maruchan RBs because he will tell them, but that is beside the point.

Whiskers wrote:No, iamusername, because we need Maruchan to jailkeep Link. Why? So that we can confirm Maruchan.
No, no, no. You may confirm his role (RBer) but you will not confirm his alignment; plus you will get a blocked cop.

Maybe Whiskers is the final scum match with Maruchan. Maruchan is sweating because I've nailed his plan/thought process down pat and if Whiskers is the other scum he is trying to direct all night actions, too; since upon my flip everything will be thrown in upheaval and their plan will have monumentally backfired so they need the town to have as little information as possible.[/speculation]

Hikari Link, 864 wrote:More like you started looking scummy. Doesn't help that you are calling me scummy when I've done nothing scummy the entire game. I always get suspicious when things start going too well.
From an outside perspective your insistence that the possibility exists that Maruchan and I are on the same scum team is absurd and mildly concerning. There is no way scum would gambit to get a scum member lynched when they are already in the hole on D2.

Let me sum this up on why Maruchan is scum:
  1. He attempted to save a flipped scum member while breadcrumbing a power role;
  2. That lynch happened anyway so he kept softclaiming his role and said he would claim no matter what the next day (apparently not worried at all about being night killed despite his flagrant soft claiming);
  3. He then said he JKed a someone that was a "top suspect by nearly EVERY player in the game" and claimed a result on someone who could have been easily lynched (again, apparently without any care in the world to being NKed even though he would have still had benefit to the town as a power role, especially if he could have gathered the easy lynch votes on someone so highly suspected);
  4. Then he says he wouldn't have claimed if there was a kill last night and he wouldn't have said he was going to claim based on an event that had not yet occurred (last nights night kill).

Basically, he got locked into a gambit to save his partner and then had to role with it; he isn't afraid of being NKed; he claims for no good reason other than he forced himself to claim today by his attempted save yesterday. Throw in a little misrepping and out of context commentary and we have ourselves a scum member guaranteed.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by monk »

VOTE: maruchan

xvart makes a good case and Maruchan is attempting to look town by saying anti-power roles shouldn't claim. I don't think this will have the effect he says it will
Modding:
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Whiskers »

You don't have a scum member guarenteed. That's the problem.

I directed the power roles in such a way that IF you flip town, the possible doc will protect Link. We can not lose our cop if there is a doctor and you flip town. If our cop dies, then we know Maruchan is lying.

Now, I have two big pieces of evidence that make me think you're scum, xvart. The first is that the scum would not NK you. The scum would NK Maruchan. That means either a, Doc, or b, Maruchan blocked the scum doing the NK-- you.
The second is that you immediately gave up an "I was trying to kill you."

The third--! And yeah, I'm adding this in-- is that you say that he was going to try to not claim today. If there was a kill, he STILL would have claimed today, because I would have held him to it. Also, if you look at his breadcrumb, you know what role he was PLANNING on claiming. It's not like his claim depended on the nightkill. Maruchan is fucking town, I'm fucking sure of it. I'm also pretty conf that Link is town.
Monk I'm not so sure of, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, we have a whole plan going on your lynch, xvart. If you are not a vanilla townie then you should obviously claim. I really really hope you are scum though, it will make the game so much easier. If you do flip town, it will cast some serious suspicion/doubt on Maruchan and we will probably end up lynching him. I hope not though, because he's one of our two players. Hikari Link and Maruchan have been playing this game pretty much single-handedly.

monk, Y U so desparate to kill Maruchan?
This fits with Link, who was desparate to get Maruchan killed for a while.

MORE IMPORTANTLY,
monk
earlier you asked why Maru didn't want -PRs to claim. I inferred from this that you do think -PRs should claim. Do you think this? Why?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Here's another question, for all you game-balance types (I'm looking at you, x-vart.)

How balanced would it be if it were all vanilla townies and scums, except for one Jailkeeper? Just curious. Would that be unbalanced?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I ask mainly because I'm finally /in to Mod.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I think it is a valid point that a setup with a Cop + Jailkeeper + Doctor would be strong town roles and as such with a real Jailkeeper its much more unlikely that we have a doctor.

MusicNinja's slot is an incredibly unlikely kill target. If we believe the Jailkeeper claim it implies it is fairly unlikely a Doctor would exist. As such, the only way a kill failed to happen is if the Jailkeeper jailed the scum, if we don't believe MusicNinja would be night killed (and lets be honest I highly doubt scum would target him for night kill)

vote xvart

I'm not completely ruling out Link-scum here. I could see a crazy gambit and some sort of Link-Monk team in theory but I consider that a huge longshot that I have no factual evidence for and I think its incredibly unlikely just thought I would mention it to remind myself not to 100% trust Link upon rereading if things get fucked up.

I say, lets lynch xvart, and go from there.

Maruchan you should wifom between jailing Link and not jailing Link tonight. Link, obviously cop whoever you want.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by xvart »

Whiskers wrote:Now, I have two big pieces of evidence that make me think you're scum, xvart. The first is that the scum would not NK you. The scum would NK Maruchan. That means either a, Doc, or b, Maruchan blocked the scum doing the NK-- you.
The second is that you immediately gave up an "I was trying to kill you."
Or, as I have outlined already, scum no killed because they had no choice but to not kill based on Maruchan's play D1. And I've already provided reasoning for why scum would target me today; and why scum would claim a RB on me and still get an easy out when I flip town; the second of which is the most likely possibility.

Whiskers wrote:The third--! And yeah, I'm adding this in-- is that you say that he was going to try to not claim today. If there was a kill, he STILL would have claimed today, because I would have held him to it. Also, if you look at his breadcrumb, you know what role he was PLANNING on claiming. It's not like his claim depended on the nightkill.
You apparently missed the part where he said he wasn't going to claim if there was a night kill. Great; you would have held him to that, but his intention was clear: he wasn't going to claim if there was a night kill after he said he was going to claim no matter what as long as he lived through the night. And, a scum player is going to claim JKer if they are a RBer 90% of the time, so if he is so insistent on breadcrumbing he should have been less concerned about breadcrumbing his role and outting himself and been focused more on breadcrumbing actions. But again, Maruchan isn't concerned with dying during the night for some strange (read obvious) reason. He got locked into a claim trying to save a buddy and then had to deal with the ramifications when it didn't swing his way.

Whiskers wrote:Here's another question, for all you game-balance types (I'm looking at you, x-vart.)

How balanced would it be if it were all vanilla townies and scums, except for one Jailkeeper? Just curious. Would that be unbalanced?
What's the point or relevance of this question? I'm not a game designer but I can easily recognize an lopsided game. I would assume it would be moderately balanced but slightly scum favored since, from what I remember, mountainous games are scum favored (not sure if it is significantly scum favored) but a JKer would only be able to block/prevent a NK and not carry the risks of blocking town PRs. Therefore, I would assume that the natural advantage of scum in mountainous games would be offset slightly by the JK protection/blocking capabilities; but it depends on how scum favored mountainous games are to begin with. But the difference between your example and a game with a cop/doc/JKer is comparing apples and oranges. As I've said, a JK/doc combo will block, assuming a random NK target nearly a quarter of the time with 12 players remaining (1 doctor protection, 1 roleblock, and one JK protection). Add in a cop to catch scum and you have a town orgy of power.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

Scumhunter wrote:I think it is a valid point that a setup with a Cop + Jailkeeper + Doctor would be strong town roles and as such with a real Jailkeeper its much more unlikely that we have a doctor.

MusicNinja's slot is an incredibly unlikely kill target. If we believe the Jailkeeper claim it implies it is fairly unlikely a Doctor would exist. As such, the only way a kill failed to happen is if the Jailkeeper jailed the scum, if we don't believe MusicNinja would be night killed (and lets be honest I highly doubt scum would target him for night kill)

vote xvart

I'm not completely ruling out Link-scum here. I could see a crazy gambit and some sort of Link-Monk team in theory but I consider that a huge longshot that I have no factual evidence for and I think its incredibly unlikely just thought I would mention it to remind myself not to 100% trust Link upon rereading if things get fucked up.

I say, lets lynch xvart, and go from there.

Maruchan you should wifom between jailing Link and not jailing Link tonight. Link, obviously cop whoever you want.

He cannot WIFOM, period. There is literally no reason to do that. If I get a result back, I am calling for his lynch. If he flips town, I'll take responsibility when we get to MyLo/LyLo by accepting my own lynch, but we simply can't leave any uncertainty on the Maruchan slot. As I've already said, if I'm not certain that Maruchan is jailing me, I am using my investigate on him. Even if I get back a town result, I'm going to assume Godfather. Scumhunter, you must understand that even though we gain a marginal mechanical advantage, we give the scum a chance to take advantage if this is a gambit on their part, and worse yet, you divide the town. If I don't know that I can trust Maruchan, I simply can't work with him, so just stop.

@xvart: I'm going to take what you say into consideration if you flip town about the roleblocker thing.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Link, fair enough. If you feel this is necessary, ok I'm willing to give in and say Maruchan should jail you tonight 100%.

I mean an xvart scum flip really should eliminate all doubt, don't you think? I get wanting him to jail you 100% with a town flip, but not a scumflip really....
Show
-----
-----
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by monk »

Who on the xvart wagon thinks there is a Doctor?

Ill answer your questions in my next post whiskers
Modding:
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I too have a feeling about monk/Link. If that's the case, monk is blowing it.
monk could be the godfather though, and Link is telling the truth.
Scumhunter, wasn't it you who pointed out that there is probably a godfather (or framer) in the first place?

Anyway, day 1 claimed-cop-who-flipped-to-be-scum lynch made Link pretty much the town hero, he saved the fucking day and scored him an internet full of town credit. Then "investigates" his scumpartner.
Just saying. Still want that xvart lynch today.
Scumhunter, was that hammer?
[Preedit]

Scum would not have no-killed. It's something I would do, but I have never seen a scumteam intentionally no-kill.

I Apparently missed the part why scum would target you for the NK. I understand why Maru would target you today (for the lynch) were he scum-- you're scummy and you're not gonna hurt town too much if you flip VT, and you think he can worm his way out of a lynch tomorrow. That's bullshit, and he said he would not say "Oh, well, he must have been the NK target after all! Derp!" I'm not convinced you WILL flip town.

NEXT!
Yes, I apparently missed that part. I'd appreciate if you'd quote or link it or tell me where in ISO. That was never clear to me.
How are you supposed to breadcrumb actions? I udnerstand like, "Yeah, I'll block someone tonight!" (except that's pretty blatant), but how do you breadcrumb ACTIONS? breadcrumbing is where you kind of give away your role, either with flavour, Or the way Maruchan did.
ALSO, I missed the part where he was trying to save bobsnox. He was trying to lynch bobsnox, last I heard. Well, at least, he was part of the lynching wagon.

NEXT!
I ask because I suspect, for a minute, monk/Link. I mentioned this earlier, in my original post...
So a vanilla+JK game isn't impossible. Considering that we have only one flip (vanilla scum), and only two PR claims, this isn't superdifferent from a "2 of 4" setup, like in the current newbie games.

What's to say that there isn't only a JK, and all vanilla?

FURTHERMORE.
Doc + Cop + JK is unbalanced is scum are all Goons (vanilla scum). You seem to be UNABLE to take into account that if town has lots of fancy powerroles, the scum almost definitely does too? There is at least one Vanilla scum (bobsnox flip) and at leastr one vanilla townie (standard rules of Mini Normal), but the other two (or three!) scum could all be scum PRs.
Doc + Cop + JK isn't super overpowered when the Mafia has roles identical to, more powerful than, or that can defeat, them.
(Example--Doc is overcome by roleblocker, Strongman, or Macho-variant townie roles. Cop is overcome by Framer or Godfather or Janitor or Miller-townie roles. JK is overcome by another roleblocker or Strongman.)
[PREEDIT 2]
Then link posted. I'll read those and post again, this is getting too backed up.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

monk wrote:Who on the xvart wagon thinks there is a Doctor?

Ill answer your questions in my next post whiskers

I don't think we should discuss this too much further today. Could lead to role-fishing/outting due to reactions either intentionally or unintentionally.

We should all be able to agree that a doc and jk are less likely to both exist than other subsets of potential town powers but its certainly not unheard of. Let's leave it at that for now imo.
Show
-----
-----
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by Panacea »

... Oh my goodness. I go away for two days, and everyone gets chatty! Given Yesterday, I didn't expect to come back to this much, lol!

Whiskers wrote:Besides, we all laredy think link is town, if he flipped town it would give us no new information. Link was really the Nightkill of choice. Attractive, insightful, charismatic, and a cop to boot. There was no better kill.
Iamausername wrote:The fact that Link is alive to share this with us probably means either doc protection, or, better yet, town blocker blocking the scum kill.
Personally, I think that if scum-Link could have gambled that there might not be a cop in this game. With no counter, it would have been a great Night move to submit a No-Kill and solidify that building confidence in his towniness. Sorry, but something about Link makes me nervous. At this point it's only gut, but the Link/Bobsnox interactions at the end of the Day felt kind of bussy to me. No, I'm not saying we should lynch an undisputed PR, but I am definitely saying that we should keep a very close eye on him.

Cool stuff with the Tracker thing! Now,
this
is a claim I can finally believe! Wow, this is some intense mechanics discussion here. :D

Whiskers wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:
Whiskers wrote:FOR EMPHASIS, So it doesn't get lost:

Doc protects Maruchan, Maruchan jailkeeps Hikari Link. Works the same way as Hikari Link's plan, but risks getting himself killed rather than killing Maruchan.
I'm confirmed Cop, so this idea is bad.

WTF. Confirmed by whom?

YES. +1 for Whiskers.

xvart wrote:makes a comment about Whisker's reaction to the fake dayvig pre game being extreme, but no commentary on it being scummy or townie; plus no commentary on the discussion about the other people reacting to Whiskers; just a simple nod to acknowledge the conversation without weighing in.
We've already established the general confusion of pregame, but okay, then.

Xvart wrote:Later
he
she
talks about Whiskers vs. bobsnox being scum

Xvart wrote:This is very telling because
he
she
admitted that regardless of whatever bobsnox would have said
he
she
would have unvoted; so
his
her
suspicion (although pseudo labeled as RVS) was fake to begin with. How do you know you would have unvoted bobsnox after his response?
Because I was speaking in past-tense, after his explanation was offered. So after reading his explanation
which had been given at the time of that statement
, I can anticipate that I would have removed the vote. It wasn't "regardless of what he
would have
said," but in light of what he had. And my suspicion was never labelled RVS of any form. This is a very bad case.

Xvart wrote:Typically, replacements into zero post spots understand the necessity of contribution and if not, is one vote really going to do much?
Clearly, I am under the impression that it would. -.-

Xvart wrote:
he
she
likes Whiskers answer even though the answer further justifies the suspicion.
In your opinion, perhaps. Emphasis on "opinion."

Every single "case" in Xvart's #804 is forced and flimsy. It does not feel like town scumhunting. It feels like balls-to-the-wall scum needing distractions.

Iamausername wrote:Maruchan should flip a coin to decide whether he targets you or not.
Agreed.

Monk wrote:From this list these peeps have decided to fly under the radar today:
Panacea, Tovarish, Friend
Panacea wrote:
Sorry, guys, but V/LA from now until either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.
I'm moving into my apartment halfway across the state all tomorrow, and packing and unpacking might interfere. I'll try to post if I can. :)

:right:
Noted.

Scumhunter wrote:I don't think we should discuss this too much further today. Could lead to role-fishing/outting due to reactions either intentionally or unintentionally.
I agree. I've just read all of it over the past hour and a half, and I definitely feel that Scumhunter is correct. I feel like we've tossed our secret weapons onto the table too early as it is.

Xvart, you point a lot of fingers in your 804. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you actually have a vote out on anyone? Or rather, did you at the time of that post?

Waiting for a more current votecount, since there was a little trouble with the last one.

Sorry for the wall. Goodnight, y'all!
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Whiskers »

What? Goodnight!?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Panacea »

It's 1:38 in the morning; I was going to bed. Do you have questions for me?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Unfortunately I don't right now, sol I'll let you off with just the standard: Should Negative Utility Roles (PGO, Beloved-modifiers) claim now?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Panacea »

I'll be glad to answer any you think of in the next available daylight hours. :P I don't think so, no, to continue what I was saying earlier. I would like to keep just one trick up our sleeves, if we still have even that. I've never played in a game where everyone was so eager to claim so quickly. PR's are supposed to stay hidden for as long as possible, especially in a game with more players (which equals more nights and more potential night actions). In my opinion, at least.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by monk »

Whiskers wrote:monk, Y U so desparate to kill Maruchan?
This fits with Link, who was desparate to get Maruchan killed for a while.

MORE IMPORTANTLY,
monk
earlier you asked why Maru didn't want -PRs to claim. I inferred from this that you do think -PRs should claim. Do you think this? Why?

I'm not desperate to kill Maruchan.

I personally think that negative effect town aligned power roles should claim in their first post of the game.

Scumhunter wrote:I don't think we should discuss this too much further today. Could lead to role-fishing/outting due to reactions either intentionally or unintentionally.

We should all be able to agree that a doc and jk are less likely to both exist than other subsets of potential town powers but its certainly not unheard of. Let's leave it at that for now imo.

But, but Maru, Link and Whiskers the two who are the most loudly clammering for xvart's lynch think that there is more than likely a Doctor, which pretty much invalidates their reasoning for voting xvart.

Basically we have no claimed negative power roles, in addition we can safely rule out xvart being targeted last night by scum as he is pretty much easy mislynch.
However that gives us a few things
There is likely a Scum RB, since there was no kill we can safely assume that xvart is not the scum RB if we believe that Maruchan Jailed him. This means that xvart is most likely the only one to be able to do the killing. Who is scum most likely to RB? My money would be on Maru based on his soft claims last day period, so that they can kill Link but this didn't happen either, The other option is that they RB'd Link now that doesn't make sense because he got back an Innocent on me.
However if we add a Doctor into the mix then basically we have them protecting Maruchan or Link and it gives us no information on whether xvart is scum or not!
Modding:
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Maruchan »

xvart wrote: It isn't too hard of a stretch to think you would have come across games where this was discussed or even the MD forum where it is discussed. For someone cruising the forum for gambits I assumed you would also have a fundamental understanding of balance. I have neither moderated a game nor designed a setup but even thinking about the setup with a doctor AND a jailkeeper is ridiculous because of what I said before: "with two roles that can prevent a kill (one of which can prevent it from two directions) thereby blocking the scum NK ~1/4 of the time on night 1 and even higher as the game goes on and neither of them are lynched/killed."

Ah, I didn't browse played-games. THe only games I have browsed are when doing things to prove people wrong, such as the time I went through 50 games and found links to all the ones where a Mafia was killed N1, and then ISO'd them, and found out what they claimed before flipping.

I mostly just did Mafia Discussion
xvart wrote:Your specialty didn't come out until you were put under some pressure.

Totally correct. If you read earlier in the game, ISOing me, this is the second game on-site I have ever played. My first one, I tried being myself the second I replaced in, and I immediately pinged most players' scumdars. This game was my first attempt at NOT playing how I normally play, to see if maybe replacing in guns-blazing was a bad strategy. Guess what I learned? it is.
xvart wrote:
Maruchan, 805 wrote:I answered. I told you that I never said anywhere you were an easy lynch today. If there was a night kill last night? No I wouldn't have claimed. And I would have not mentioned even the thought of claiming, so that I couldn't be asked for my claim.
Woah, wait just a second. You say you wouldn't have mentioned it D1 if there wasn't a NK last night. How could you predict something that hasn't happened yet to base what you are claiming prior to said event happening unless... wait for it... you are scum.[/quote[
You're putting words in my mouth I never said D1. I said I wouldn't have mentioned it. By that, I meant today. Today is D2, not D1. Nice Try.
xvart wrote:Maruchan is sweating because I've nailed his plan/thought process down pat and if Whiskers is the other scum he is trying to direct all night actions, too; since upon my flip everything will be thrown in upheaval and their plan will have monumentally backfired so they need the town to have as little information as possible.

No, I was sweating from PTing with the Navy. Not cuz you tapped on my ultimate awesome scum plan. (since I'm not scum)
Show
Join Now!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”