Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Why the anger, Vi? You've been done more than one good turn by the scummies.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by iamausername »

zoraster wrote:I actually agree with Fate. Self-noms feel a bit cheap. Get a friend to nominate you.

hey does anybody want to nominate me for best performance in a losing cause for this game

frankly i owned
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Why the anger, Vi? You've been done more than one good turn by the scummies.
I know.

I'm not angry, actually. I've just had things to think about while I've whiled the hours away more-or-less single-handedly making the wiki something that isn't embarrassing to look at in places.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vi wrote:
zoraster wrote:I actually agree with Fate. Self-noms feel a bit cheap. Get a friend to nominate you. I would have been happy to nominate Vi as I think he deserves a nomination for it,
but I guess the thought never crossed my mind for some reason.

Tell you what, Vi. Let's do this right. You delete your nomination and we'll act like it never happened. In a week or two or three someone's going to come in and nominate you for your hard work. That way it won't have to say Vi nominated by
Vi
In this post you described the problem with your solution.

If you feel I deserve the nomination, make it now. I wouldn't have made the self-nomination if I didn't think I did
over and beyond
what would be necessary to be worthy of it.

Oh, and Fate. Remember when ReaperCharlie and whoeverelseitwas tried to nominate me/us for the same project and I
turned it down
until we had actually done something?

As an aside, I agree that it should be Name/Orange; I have no idea why the original award is in Prof. Mafia.

It's the problem with the scummies in general. I think a lot of things that ought to be nominated aren't. Whenever I moderate a game I think to myself "was there someone who deserves a nomination for this?" to try and prevent it, but that obviously only works for the immediate games I'm moderating. (It also means that games that I moderate are disproportionately represented.)

I digress. I guess to me it's that the scummies are about the appreciation of others. I think it's obvious you deserve a scummy nomination for your work, but to me a self-nomination cheapens it some... It's like any compliment. "You look great" sounds better when it's not preceeded by "I look great, don't I?"

But if you really don't care about that, that's fine with me. A nomination is a nomination in the end it's about who wins it.

2nd Vi's nomination
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Fate »

Vi, clearly you DESERVE the award for all your effort, and I never implied that your self-nomination was out of line because
you didn't deserve it,
but that it is just classless and sets a horrible precedent.

Because all this thread needs is every etc., etc. and etc. who thinks they did something awesome nominating themselves and clogging down the committee with hundreds of games.

Basically Zoraster nailed everything.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Vi, clearly you DESERVE the award for all your effort, and I never implied that your self-nomination was out of line because
you didn't deserve it,
but that it is just classless and sets a horrible precedent.

Because all this thread needs is every etc., etc. and etc. who thinks they did something awesome nominating themselves and clogging down the committee with hundreds of games.

Basically Zoraster nailed everything.
And I agree with you. I wouldn't do this for anything play-related, because I don't know what other people are doing there and I don't assume I'm that great anyway. But I do know what's going on with the wiki, and made the judgment based on that.

Is it classless? Yes. Is this out of character? I hope so. Is it warranted? Nobody has disagreed so far.

As for it being a precedent, remember who nominated Glork for PoMH in the last cycle.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Empking »

Nominate Surye for
best SK
for this. For winning as a Serial Killer and not being reliant on the non-killing abilities.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

Vi wrote:As for it being a precedent, remember who nominated Glork for PoMH in the last cycle.

But officer, Danny raped a girl too so it's okay!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by AGar »

dramonic wrote:
Vi wrote:As for it being a precedent, remember who nominated Glork for PoMH in the last cycle.

Glork didn't actually self-nominate, for what it's worth. I slightly incited his rage during a Large Normal where he came out and said "I SHOULD BE PARAGON" and UK eventually nommed him for it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Faraday »

dramonic wrote:

please don't use rape analogies.

fully support Vi so yeah.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Faraday wrote:No self nominations.

^.

Vi, I really respect you a lot, but I would never Nth that nom. This has been a site-wide expectation and no one is exempt, no matter who it is.

No one who says "But it's Vi! Nth" really pays attention to the integrity of this site, ever. Don't say that you do, because you don't.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

I was trolling, I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The problem is that it makes it look like Vi only does this shit to be recognized for it, not for the good of the site itself, which is
what the award is supposed to be about
green shirt thursdays
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vi wrote:
zoraster wrote:I actually agree with Fate. Self-noms feel a bit cheap. Get a friend to nominate you. I would have been happy to nominate Vi as I think he deserves a nomination for it,
but I guess the thought never crossed my mind for some reason.

Tell you what, Vi. Let's do this right. You delete your nomination and we'll act like it never happened. In a week or two or three someone's going to come in and nominate you for your hard work. That way it won't have to say Vi nominated by
Vi
In this post you described the problem with your solution.

If you feel I deserve the nomination, make it now. I wouldn't have made the self-nomination if I didn't think I did
over and beyond
what would be necessary to be worthy of it.

Oh, and Fate. Remember when ReaperCharlie and whoeverelseitwas tried to nominate me/us for the same project and I
turned it down
until we had actually done something?

As an aside, I agree that it should be Name/Orange; I have no idea why the original award is in Prof. Mafia.

/shake head

There are plenty of people who do things that they feel they should be recognized for.

For example, I really want Smooth Operator for this. I worked my fucking ass off for it. For days, I would check my phone, sleep late, wake up early to make sure I got prods and votecounts out. When I modkilled jindori, I cringed. When I modkilled gorilla, I felt a bit sick. And both modkills took hours of deliberating. I put a shitload of pride into my modding.

Know what? I never even thought of nominating myself for Smooth Operator; luckily, AGar saw that I was fit for it and nominated me. Why can't you do the same? It keeps the site integrity.

Also, I wouldn't call your self-nomination low, but I WILL call your attempt to justify it based on past selfless actions as EXTREMELY LOW. :neutral:

PEdit: Regardless of whether you meant it or not, I agree with it.

You want this one.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by singersigner »

DemonHybrid wrote:/shake head

There are plenty of people who do things that they feel they should be recognized for.

For example, I really want Smooth Operator for this. I worked my fucking ass off for it. For days, I would check my phone, sleep late, wake up early to make sure I got prods and votecounts out. When I modkilled jindori, I cringed. When I modkilled gorilla, I felt a bit sick. And both modkills took hours of deliberating. I put a shitload of pride into my modding.

Know what? I never even thought of nominating myself for Smooth Operator; luckily, AGar saw that I was fit for it and nominated me. Why can't you do the same? It keeps the site integrity.

Shameless plug, I see.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok. Let's try this:

I nominate Vi for the Name in Orange thing based off of this reasoning.

If you think she doesn't deserve it now because she tried to nominate herself, don't second, third, nth it.

She's already nominated for Professor Mafia.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by singersigner »

By the way, this is a silly argument. No, someone who already has three scummies probably shouldn't be nominating themselves for
yet another
scummy, but if that's the president Vi's decided to set for herself and her reputation on this site, then so be it. Doesn't make her games or her contributions any less recognizable.

I like tomatoes.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.
Good to know I'm famous.

I acknowledge I made a poor decision. Socially speaking, it's too late to take it back, so do as you will. You do have the ability to deny the nomination.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

singersigner wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:/shake head

Shameless plug, I see.

Or an example that both you and I know very well, because you know how much effort I put into my modding, and personally, I think it shows. But I would never in a million years self-nom it, and I think since it's
already nominated
, I feel that it's safe to talk about. My two cents.

Vi: Thanks for recognizing. I'm not putting you down, just stating how I feel. <3

I won't deny or anti-nom it.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

singersigner wrote:Ok. Let's try this:

I nominate Vi for the Name in Orange thing based off of this reasoning.

If you think she doesn't deserve it now because she tried to nominate herself, don't second, third, nth it.

She's already nominated for Professor Mafia.

2nd

You want this one.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Vi »

DemonHybrid wrote:Vi: Thanks for recognizing. I'm not putting you down, just stating how I feel. <3
After the grief I give people on a regular basis, I have no room to be offended.~
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Faraday wrote:I was trolling, I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.

Lol poor Demon.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Slaxx wrote:
Faraday wrote:I was trolling, I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.

Lol poor Demon.

He was sarcastic. I wasn't.

You want this one.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Faraday »

Vi wrote:
Faraday wrote:I just explained on radioscum I've actually no problem with self noms.
Good to know I'm famous.

Internet Superstar?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Faraday wrote:
Vi wrote:
Good to know I'm famous.
Internet Superstar?
I am so not GIEFF.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”