hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by hiplop »

Twistedspoon wrote:This is just a though, but scum would know when the topic was about to be reopened

*looks at packbat and hiplop*

anyways, johog has always been obtown and pom scummier and less contributuing

VOTE: johog

I just have have no life bro (not true, im one BUSY
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by hiplop »

fu tab key.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by hiplop »

Packbat wrote:Couple things.

First: I'm finding this entire game incredibly frustrating, primarily because there is essentially
no town
for any townie to count on - half the players in the game are scum, so it's a bear trying to get a sense of what the
real
townies are thinking.

Second: I think Shadow Dancer has the right of it. If the Mafia have no reads on the townies to go by, then the Mafia can't nominate scummy townspeople
or
towny scum.

Oh, and
Johhog is at L-1
. Just mentioning it in hopes that we won't have another ridiculously short day.

Thanks pack. Just about voted johhog lol!

Johhog makes more sense as town; could see scum putting pom up b/c he was an original choice for it: hoping he could best johhog
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Hello everyone, Shift here, this will be my first post as the rest are from Regfan. I'll be signing my posts, not sure what Reg will be doing.

Packbat wrote:First: I'm finding this entire game incredibly frustrating, primarily because there is essentially no town for any townie to count on - half the players in the game are scum, so it's a bear trying to get a sense of what the real townies are thinking.

Second: I think Shadow Dancer has the right of it. If the Mafia have no reads on the townies to go by, then the Mafia can't nominate scummy townspeople or towny scum.

Shadow and Pack, here's what you're not getting. It is much, much harder to fake multiple reads as scum than just choosing 1 campaigner to call scum and another to call town. Giving reads as you get them locks scum in. What you're suggesting is that we let them change their stance whenever they feel like it because town never forced them to take one. It is much easier to distance and get free townie points this way, and much easier to get a miselect this way. Linking through interactions will be nearly impossible

And Packbat, how do you expect to get strong town reads if we let scum just pick and choose when and where to take their stance? Demanding stances early before elections corners them. They cannot call someone scum and then change their opinion when their scumread is getting elected. They cannot call someone town and then vote for the other person. The sooner we corner scum the better, and we do this by forcing them to take stances.

Argument that "Everyone will be null at campaign time, reducing scum advantage" is also ridiculous. You are proposing that we have a better chance to win as town if we take a 50/50 with almost no info on either of the campaigners than when we get townreads and scumreads. The only info we get in Shadow's plan is their stance on previous elects, which it's easy for scum to distance well but it's just as likely that a townie guessed right. They are your town reads and scum reads
for a reason.
If you can't put any trust in your reads mafia is not the game for you. You're (Packbat) complaining that you're not able to get a strong town read at the same time as advocating an idea that ensures you will not be able to get a reliable read for the rest of the game. I want an explanation.

-Shift
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Quilford »

Pretty sure Duplicity's scum.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Johhog »

Why?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

No, it's much easier to brainfuck others than realizing when you are brainfucked. Please burrow your ego till this game is over and realize how wrong most townies tends to be in a majority of games and especially in mountaineous setups.
Focussing forces scum to buddy or distance to people that can actually be elected rather than some random person that does not matter at the moment. And they will much easier come into a situation were they are forced to block vote their candidate to get him through or sacrifice a day in hope for town credits.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Lurconis »

So Johog is at L-1 he seems to me to be the obvtown, why are we not hammering? It isn't like if we hammer discussion stops we still have until someone nominates themselves and it would give us more info to work with. As of right now the only new info we have from yesterday is Pom being nominated which tells us nothing until one of them flips. Apparently no one feels strongly about pom being town except Packbat who is IMO the summiest player so far and he won't even vote for Pom.

So I state my intent to hammer Johog at this time tomorrow. I don't see why we should keep discussing it as like Shadow says all it does is give the scum even more info to work with.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Packbat »

The way I see it, there are two possibilities.

One: Johhog is town, and one or more of Shadow Dancer, Twistedspoon, Duplicity, and Lurconis is voting him (or announcing an intention to do so, in the last case) for towncred.

Two: Johhog is scum, and one or more of Shadow Dancer, Twistedspoon, Duplicity, and Lurconis has been fooled.

Given that scum is in the lead, I really don't see why they would try to angle for towncred right now. If they can get just two townies to vote their way by chance, they can leave whichever of their own players is towniest off the wagon, hammer, and waltz in for a D3 perfect scum victory. Given this, I would expect it to be like pulling teeth to try to get four votes for town in here, and we have four votes available for Johhog in
under two days

I don't buy it. At all.

VOTE: Pomegranate
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

Johhog
(3) - Shadow Dancer, Twistedspoon, Duplicity
Pomegranate
(1) - Packbat

Not voting
(3) - Lurconis, hiplop, Quilford

The first candidate to receive 4 votes will be elected.

Deadline is
August 25th
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Lurconis wrote:[...]I don't see why we should keep discussing it as like Shadow says all it does is give the scum even more info to work with.

How dare you misinterpret me this way! Discussion about whom of the candidates to elect it perfectly fine and required.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Packbat's latest post is a prime example for my point why WIFOMing it up with scum is a horribly bad choice, by the way. It's as if one picked up the part of brainfucking oneself in one's own hands, so scum doesn't need to do it.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

can someone just vote johog to prove packbat wrong and scum once and for all
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

I'd like to kindly remember Pom to adress my post #442 and Joh to answer my post #444.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Quilford »

Not voting with Duplicity or Twistedspoon who are my top scum reads.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Johhog »

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Johhog wrote:[...]
Pomegranate (Confirmed)
Packbat (90% sure)/hiplop (5% sure)/Duplicity (5% sure)
Lurconis (55% sure,)/SD (35% sure)/Quilford (8% sure)/Twistedspoon (2% sure)

Usually I think that Mafia shouldn't be broken down to numbers, but I'll make an exception here as this game has some quite special mechanics.

And what about the special mechaics of this game makes it especially and exceptionally prone to be broken down to numbers like that?

The large scum percentage and the consistent LyLo makes it easier to see people like "If this guy is scum that other guy isn't", thus enabling me to use numbers of likelihood.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Johhog »

Quilford wrote:VOTE: Pomegranate

Not voting with Duplicity or Twistedspoon who are my top scum reads.

Is that post scummy on purpose or was it an accident?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Quilford »

Do explain.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Johhog »

Answer my last question first.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Quilford »

Explain how it's scummy. If you want full reads they're coming.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by hiplop »

Packbat wrote:The way I see it, there are two possibilities.

One: Johhog is town, and one or more of Shadow Dancer, Twistedspoon, Duplicity, and Lurconis is voting him (or announcing an intention to do so, in the last case) for towncred.

Two: Johhog is scum, and one or more of Shadow Dancer, Twistedspoon, Duplicity, and Lurconis has been fooled.

Given that scum is in the lead, I really don't see why they would try to angle for towncred right now. If they can get just two townies to vote their way by chance, they can leave whichever of their own players is towniest off the wagon, hammer, and waltz in for a D3 perfect scum victory. Given this, I would expect it to be like pulling teeth to try to get four votes for town in here, and we have four votes available for Johhog in
under two days

I don't buy it. At all.

What about BUSSING?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Johhog »

Quilford wrote:Pretty sure Duplicity's scum.

Johhog wrote:Why?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

Johhog
(3) - Shadow Dancer, Twistedspoon, Duplicity
Pomegranate
(2) - Packbat, Quilford

Not voting
(2) - Lurconis, hiplop

The first candidate to receive 4 votes will be elected.

Deadline is
August 25th
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Packbat »

hiplop wrote:
Packbat wrote:The way I see it, there are two possibilities.

under two days

I don't buy it. At all.

What about BUSSING?

They don't need to bus.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Lurconis »

Twistedspoon wrote:can someone just vote johog to prove packbat wrong and scum once and for all

Yes

VOTE: Johog

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”