[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Magua »

I'd like to ask you why your slot is voting el simo-town instead of Lobster Catapult-scum.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by el simo »

Magua wrote:I'd like to ask you why your slot is voting el simo-town instead of Lobster Catapult-scum.

Because I haven't been 'active' enough.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Amor »

Votecount

LobsterCatapult - 3 (Magua, Ethos, el simo)
Wickedestjr - 3 (Horrifying Hero, HezLucky, LobsterCatapult)
el simo - 2 (tarsonisocelot, lewarcher82)
lewarcher82 - 1 (Wickedestjr)

The current deadline is Friday, August 26 at 11:59 PM. If a majority has not been reached by that time the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, there will be a no lynch.

Now looking for a replacement for Tomie Uzumaki.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

LobsterCatapult wrote:Since we were so skeptical about wicked's claim yesterday, i'm now not really surprised he is still alive with scum hoping that wicked will be mislynched. HOWEVER, this is a really strange thing that neither the vig nor the "cop" were rbed, and
the cop wasn't redirected
. it was a big gamble for scum to make, however... im inclined to look into other candidates today as well. this isn't a 2 person scum team.

Remind me. How do you know this?

@Ethos- You said you were familiar with el simo's town meta. Does he normally change his mind so often?

I'm almost done with my analysis. But, atm, I think I might end up switching my vote to el simo.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Ethos »

Wickedestjr wrote:@Ethos- You said you were familiar with el simo's town meta. Does he normally change his mind so often?

When he gets out of his tunneling mentality, then yes.

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm almost done with my analysis. But, atm, I think I might end up switching my vote to el simo.

*Headdesk*

We've told you the scumteam, provided a large dump of reasoning behind why they're both scum individually and interaction tells making them mafia together and with Vifam yet you are still content voting wrong.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Magua »

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm almost done with my analysis. But, atm, I think I might end up switching my vote to el simo.

Check the vote count and the plurality-at-deadline rule.

This is a great plan for either getting yourself lynched or no lynching.
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Fenix »

Magua wrote:I'd like to ask you why your slot is voting el simo-town instead of Lobster Catapult-scum.

Unvote: el simo

I honestly don't know. His cited reasons were non-sensical, and I personally have a town read on el simo.

Right now I don't know what to think about Wicked's claim, but it behooves us to keep him alive today on the off-chance we can get another couple investigations in. Oh, and HH's miller claim was retracted, so that doesn't imply a cop in the game. That and millers generally aren't told so in their role PM.

HH's miller claim is concerning for several reasons, even if it was retracted. For one, he retracted it very soon after he made it AND very early in the game. Which means he gained virtually nothing from it. Meaning it was pure fluff. Another thing that bothers me about HH: He's still pushing hard for a Wicked lynch despite the claim. I admit I have my doubts about Wicked's claim myself, but this doesn't change the fact that the best course of action which is to wait one day and see how things turn out. Pushing an un-CCed PR lynch is very concerning (as he very well might be our last PR). Everyone on his wagon deserves some suspicion (for now), but
especially
HH.
GO!
RAICHU!
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Ethos »

@ Fenix -
You're from epic mafia I assume? Welcome to mafiascum, here millers are alerted that they're a miller when the game starts, further HH's miller claim wasn't meant to ride out the game but rather to gain reactions, responses and pull the game out of the RVS stage. Also, if someones certainty in their scum-read is near 90-100% there's no reason not to vote with it, even if that player claims a role like cop. The only real role that I would consider unvoting when having a scum-read on them is Vig and Treestump so in a way I can understand HH's vote on Wicked although I don't agree with it.

What is your exact thoughts on Lobster at the moment and with the exception of HH who would you consider voting?
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Fenix »

I'm actually from this site (I have around 10 games experience, more than half of that replace-ins), I've just never seen a miller who knew about his role.

I still find voting for potential PRs scummy even if their suspicions say otherwise. If your scumdar ever pings 90% without a mod-confirm then your scumdar's broken.

My thoughts on Lobster: She's done an effective job of throwing around suspicions without holding on to any of them, as well as being very general/vague and conflicted. Posts like this are just... terrible. It boils down to "I agree. Oh, but maybe not. Tee hee!". Her votes are very flighty and impulsive. My gut says likely scum but I can't find any solid reasons to vote her other then being a wildcard and voting a potential PR (perhaps her contradictory statements concerning Wicked would be a reason). I'm definitely willing to vote her if it comes down to her or Wicked.
GO!
RAICHU!
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Ethos »

@ Fenix -
If you don't mind, can you please reveal what your account at this site is? The problem with your stance that voting a PR claim is scummy is that you're openly stating that if mafia claim a PR you won't vote them until late in the game, this means that mafia are more inclined to fake claim PRs. In most cases people should be basing their vote of the persons play rather than their claim
(This is where Magua calls me a hypocrite and I call him a noob).

If you have a leaning-scum read on Lobster you should be voting her with us because at this point the only people likely to receive votes or get lynched is Lobster, El Simo (I don't know why) and Wicked, voting elsewhere would be pointless.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Magua »

Ethos wrote:In most cases people should be basing their vote of the persons play rather than their claim
(This is where Magua calls me a hypocrite and I call him a noob).

Regfan: Oh, gorilla must be mafia because he's a Neighborizer!
Magua: trololololol noob

Ethos wrote:If you have a leaning-scum read on Lobster you should be voting her with us because at this point the only people likely to receive votes or get lynched is Lobster, El Simo (I don't know why) and Wicked, voting elsewhere would be pointless.

This part I agree with. I feel that Fenix is trying to set up for a Horrifying Hero lynch, but that's very meh. I'd much rather lynch Lobster and have Wicked check either Fenix or Horrifying and move from there tomorrow.
Fenix
Fenix
Goon
Fenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Fenix »

I have a couple accounts, but here's my most recent/relevant one - Chaotic Neutrality

@Ethos:
I would agree with you except we already lost a PR and I don't fully believe his claim. I said let's wait one day. PRs have no way to come out safely except for the fact that we take PR claims seriously. If he dies in the night, his claim was true. If he doesn't, we have either scum or another confirmed alignment. It's win-win.

Vote: Lobster Catapult
GO!
RAICHU!
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Fenix wrote:I'm actually from this site (I have around 10 games experience, more than half of that replace-ins), I've just never seen a miller who knew about his role.

I still find voting for potential PRs scummy even if their suspicions say otherwise. If your scumdar ever pings 90% without a mod-confirm then your scumdar's broken.

My thoughts on Lobster: She's done an effective job of throwing around suspicions without holding on to any of them, as well as being very general/vague and conflicted. Posts like this are just... terrible. It boils down to "I agree. Oh, but maybe not. Tee hee!". Her votes are very flighty and impulsive. My gut says likely scum but I can't find any solid reasons to vote her other then being a wildcard and voting a potential PR (perhaps her contradictory statements concerning Wicked would be a reason). I'm definitely willing to vote her if it comes down to her or Wicked.

This slot is downright stupid.

The way you are speaking suggests you seem to be completely certain that Wicked is town.

Yeah, right.

Unvote, Vote: fenix
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by HezLucky »

HezLucky wrote:
Fenix wrote:I'm actually from this site (I have around 10 games experience, more than half of that replace-ins), I've just never seen a miller who knew about his role.

This slot is downright stupid.

The way you are speaking suggests you seem to be completely certain that Wicked is town.

Yeah, right.

Unvote, Vote: fenix

I actually meant to quote 731 instead of 733 but my vote stands.

Look at this:

Fenix wrote:

Right now I don't know what to think about Wicked's claim, but it behooves us to keep him alive today on the off-chance we can get another couple investigations in. Oh, and HH's miller claim was retracted, so that doesn't imply a cop in the game. That and millers generally aren't told so in their role PM.

HH's miller claim is concerning for several reasons, even if it was retracted. For one, he retracted it very soon after he made it AND very early in the game. Which means he gained virtually nothing from it. Meaning it was pure fluff. Another thing that bothers me about HH: He's still pushing hard for a Wicked lynch despite the claim. I admit I have my doubts about Wicked's claim myself, but this doesn't change the fact that the best course of action which is to wait one day and see how things turn out. Pushing an un-CCed PR lynch is very concerning (as he very well might be our last PR). Everyone on his wagon deserves some suspicion (for now), but especially HH.

I MEAN LOOK AT IT.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by HezLucky »

FENIX CLAIMS HE HAS DOUBTS BUT IF FENIX HAD ANY DOUBTS ABOUT WICKED WHATSOEVER HE WOULD COMPLETELY FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHERE MYSELF AND HH ARE COMING FROM.

Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Ethos »

@HezLucky -
Welcome to the light side. Given Fenix's attitude about Wicked in the previous few posts of his Fenix-scum means Wicked-town which means Lobster-scum is highly likely so join us over here today and we'll lynch Fenix tomorrow after Lobster flips scum. This games wrapped up.
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Ethos »

Probably a good time to state that Slaxx and I both believe that Wickeds avoidance of voting Lobster here and his vote on El Simo (The alternate leading wagon) makes Lobster + Wicked possible. So when Lobster flips scum lynch Fenix, if the game isn't over then lynch Wicked and it'll be game.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Magua »

I am torn between taunting HezLucky and just waiting for deadline now that plurality of votes is on Lobster.

Taunt or wait.

Taunt or wait.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by el simo »

Fenix wrote:HH's miller claim is concerning for several reasons, even if it was retracted. For one, he retracted it very soon after he made it AND very early in the game. Which means he gained virtually nothing from it. Meaning it was pure fluff. Another thing that bothers me about HH: He's still pushing hard for a Wicked lynch despite the claim. I admit I have my doubts about Wicked's claim myself, but this doesn't change the fact that the best course of action which is to wait one day and see how things turn out. Pushing an un-CCed PR lynch is very concerning (as he very well might be our last PR). Everyone on his wagon deserves some suspicion (for now), but
especially
HH.

I don't see the point in this. HH is pretty much confirmed town, they came out of absolutely no activity and almost independantly nailed and lynched scum, I've never seen scum bus like this.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

im back from v/la

ill do my promised re-read later on today!
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:17 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

UNVOTE:
I trust the explanation of the meta-read.
I also really like el simo's recent posting.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:25 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Wickedestjr wrote:Question I'd like answered before I post my analysis (which I'm still working on):
tarsonisocelot, was your vote for el simo in post 41 a random vote or was it for the reasons given by ConfidAnon in post 35?

I didn't have any strong feelings about any player at the time, and the "I've been town every other game on this account" thing bothered me more than anything else that had happened at that point. As post 35 had already explained why one might dislike that post, and I was at the time pretty much apathetic about everything I didn't state my reasons. It's not a post I would lynch for, but it is one I would vote for to see if the reaction was worth lynching for. My lack of commitment at the time pretty much stopped me from actually doing anything useful though.

Also, welcome to all the replacements.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

I'm willing to hammer LobsterCatapult closer to deadline.
I believe that the redirector remark was a slip.

I'd believe that you'd play with roleblockers often enough to consider them in any set-up, but not redirectors.

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Thanks for the answer, tarsonisocelot. That helps a LOT.

Don't lynch anybody, yet. I have, what I feel, are very strong points to bring up.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Ethos
Ethos
Goon
Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Ethos »

Hrm thats not a slip actually.

Redirectors aren't in normal games, therefor there isnt one here, therefor that can't be a slip.

Who brought that up? I feel like i might have been Reg O_o

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”