Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

edit: no town OTHER than you Lain, will listen to me.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Just let the rest of the town think and talk for a while, and chill out a bit. You made a move that turned out shady... but I think logic can come through, and I don't think everyone is as against you, as you may feel, assuming you are scum, don't forget that would mean that it is the actual role of 3-4 of these players to try to kill you, which I feel is likely the case.. a scum led idea. Though rest of the town, feel free to argue with me on this. I want what is best for this town.

I guess I am thinking more as time goes by... It is interesting how MOI attacked back after SH's gambit... as if there wasn't even a question... the more I think.. I could see that sort of response coming from town much more easily than from scum... but there is still the earlier play. Perhaps I am becoming less dead set on the MOI kill. So my question still stands, Zang, implosion, who would you kill tonight?
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

eeerrr corrected version:
Just let the rest of the town think and talk for a while, and chill out a bit. You made a move that turned out shady... but I think logic can come through, and I don't think everyone is as against you, as you may feel, assuming you are town, don't forget that would mean that it is the actual role of 3-4 of these players to try to kill you, which I feel is likely the case.. a scum led idea happening.. it's opportunistic. Though rest of the town, feel free to argue with me on this. I want what is best for this town.

I guess I am thinking more as time goes by... It is interesting how MOI attacked back after SH's gambit... as if there wasn't even a question... the more I think.. I could see that sort of response coming from town much more easily than from scum... but there is still the earlier play. Perhaps I am becoming less dead set on the MOI kill. So my question still stands, Zang, implosion, who would you kill tonight?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Quilford »

SleepyKrew wrote:Zang kills SH now.
Zang kill Quil tonight.
Tragedy, Jason recently checked in. Try pretending to be useful by calling out someone else.

This is what should happen.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sorry, I have been busy big time, and all my games have suffered since Monday. catching up today I hope after my college interview.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

The fact of the matter is, we have a cop that has a guilty on Quil, no matter what, nothing will change that, and that means there is absolutely no other means for checking Quil's status in this game. I see no reason why it makes sense to let Quil live to night. Quil saying that SH should die first honestly likely further proves SH's innocence without any investigation at all.

Read this:

Does anyone honestly think that a mafia member would sincerely throw another mafia member under the wheel so easily on day two?
Assume Quil is mafia and SH is not. Quil knows his death is coming, and is throwing a townie under the wheel before he dies. Seems likely.
Assume that Quil and SH are both mafia. Then Quil is asking us to kill off two mafia members. This is incredibly unlikely.
Assume that Quil is a miller and SH is mafia/town. Then quil is just another opinion in the crowd with no information, and the SH case can be figured out later through investigation if necessary.. but I honestly can't see why SH would throw himself on the line to get attention on a player that needed attention on them.

How does it make any sense to leave quill alive to night, when it will result in so much information first? If Quil were honestly town, he would understand this and would be telling us to kill him first, for the information. I feel pretty sure with this that Quil is indeed scum, and not a Miller, because of this request.

Meanwhile, I have proven to you all with numbers, that we are guaranteed a night kill in our favor so long as we stick together, which means our cop isn't even in danger. I can not understand any town logic for killing SH right now, when MOI, SK, and Vez are around. Any of those three is just immensely better a choice for death tonight.
I have seen that many of you agree about SK's play, he is not helping the town, in fact he is hurting it very badly. I don't trust any opinion that he has, and he should not survive to end game. SK honestly could be scum... and if he isn't, could you imagine when mafia start getting control of the night kills, would they ever once think to kill SK? Unless SK wants to give proof as to who he is, I do not want him alive. MOI hasn't made any sense this whole day, and I don't understand his night kill at all. Vez played hard at the start to be executioner, and it felt incredibly out of play for the style I have seen of him, and then as soon as the day was over, just disappeared into the shadows. Why would a player who threw himself on the line to get attention to a player who seemed to be fooling the town make sense at all than any of these three other players? Also note that it is just SK and Quil that are asking for SH's death first. What sense does it make, you tell me.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Errr sorry about my comment on it just being SK and Quil stating that, I see a lot of people want SH dead... but can I see at least one of you, Tragedy, Zang, Implosion, argue what is wrong with my logic? I am all ears, but I want to hear how it makes any more sense after what I have said? Zang, you need to think about this.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Quilford »

Medicated Lain wrote:The fact of the matter is, we have a cop that has a guilty on Quil, no matter what, nothing will change that, and that means there is absolutely no other means for checking Quil's status in this game. I see no reason why it makes sense to let Quil live to night. Quil saying that SH should die first honestly likely further proves SH's innocence without any investigation at all.

I have papers that I need to pass on before I die. I have stated this several times.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Vitally important:

Think about this logically people: SK stated earlier that he believes that papers pass on to the killer when someone dies, he verified this last page. So if that's true SK: then tell me why you believe that Quil should be allowed to pass on these papers to a player of choice, if you believe that Zang would receive them automatically with killing? Given that I have learned that papers are an item that can only be passed on, and it is not a night ability to choose someone to show them to, it seems highly likely that that it is true that papers will pass on to the killer, meaning zang would receive them. SK has now verified that he has the papers that I had originally. Now Quil also has papers.
What if:
both Quil and SK are scum with at least a third person. Both of them pass their documents to the third mafia player, and then mafia probably has a majority of the papers.. I don't know how many there are, but I would imagine about 3. I would rather the papers go away entirely, than to risk having a majority of them end up in mafia hands.

What do you all have to say to this?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

Why would scum have papers. They would never pass them on.

Also how would SK know whether papers pass to the killer when they die.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

He doesn't, but my point is I would rather risk losing the papers than risk the possibility of all of them going into scum hands. What does everyone have to say? I don't know if you are scum or not, I don't even know if you have papers or not, it may even just be a gambit to get you to stay alive for one more night for some reason.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Aaaahhhh I am so dying for anyone to reply! heh.

One more theory to spout: Why would scum have a document? If town started out with every document... then wouldn't it make sense for town to simply discuss putting all the papers into one place as soon as possible? Perhaps scum have one, to block that from occurring. I believe that everyone with a document should pass them to Zang tonight.
The main idea being, we can see how many papers are collected, and ask who sent them in. SK would be forced to give up the one he has, because if everyone that sends them in comes forth, then we should definitely lynch him for not sending it in. Further more, if the idea that the paper is passed to the executor is true, and Zang gets them all, then something will happen, I believe it will be good for whichever side collects them all. Assuming the theory is wrong, then we wouldn't even have to worry about papers anymore.. although there is the possibility that quil is lying, and another scum player has a paper. The outcome of this scenario seems very good to me.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Quilford »

I'll pass my paper onto Zang tonight, but SH needs to be executed today just in case your paper isn't passed onto your Executioner.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:22 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

No, you need to die today. Why would SH need to be executed the paper isn't passed on? Worse that happens, is we lose something happening... but it would mean we don't have to worry about scum getting a hold of that.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 am

Post by Quilford »

I don't understand most of that post.

I'm pretty sure something important happens when someone gathers all the papers.

Why should I die today and not tonight? I'll be dead either way, but if I die tonight I'll at least have passed my papers on.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

If it is vitally important to the game, then I am sure the papers will go somewhere. Otherwise, there is no reason to trust whose hands you would put the papers in, because there is a 50/50 chance that you are lying to us.
Scum do not get to choose who they kill in this game, so they need to come up with whatever ways they can to push kills on town. If Quil dies and is mafia, what do you guys think the chances that SH is mafia? I'd say just about 0. Quil is likely pushing a town kill before his own demise.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Quilford »

What do you mean, 50/50 chance?

And why do you think I am scum again?
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Because there is a guilty on you, and we have no way to prove that you are not lying about being a miller, other than to kill you. You are either a miller, or scum. And if you are a miller, it is easier to assume that there is a 3 person scum team, have you been reading anything I've said here?
Cosca
Cosca
Townie
Cosca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Cosca »

Zang wrote:Cosca, I would prefer a wall.

OK. Please hold off executing until it has been posted, which, as I mentioned, may take several days until the other head of the hydra has returned.

Also, how can I be the scums usefull idiot by using the system below tha I have mentioioned severa times throughout the day?

Everybody, please post who you most want executed. I will kill whoever has the most votes.

I'd prefer to have an executioner who agrees at least somewhat with our reads go over the votes. Why listen to a scum player or a VI when deciding the execution?

Also there is the case of a stalemate with an equal number of votes for the top two candidates. What would you do in such a situation?

Finally, there is the night execution which will be decided by the executor alone (which must be agreed upon first), or would you also want to hold a vote for it?

Medicated Lain wrote:
Point:
SH claimed a guilty on a player who seemed incredibly scummy, but felt like they had a high leverage on the town. I can understand why SH would do this as town, but could not understand why he would draw this light to himself as scum, given that the argument was between Cosca and MOI. SH is pretty much verified town to me.

We believe Scumhunter and MoI are scum together, with the whole thing being a scum gambit. See #773, #801, #838, #928.

Medicated Lain wrote:I would also be willing to vote for Zang tonight, upon thinking about it... After considering what i posted before, I would rather give confirmed town the kill.

I'd rather have very likely town shoot a scum player than confirmed town shoot a town player. And you should too.

Scumhunter wrote:
Have you considered the possibility that Zang could be scum gambiting here? Not saying its particularly likely, but essentially town has mislynched twice already...so a little Scum on Scum cop claim would work quite nice with a Fake town claim on MoI (alignment unknown) and would lead to coasting to the endgame . It would be a gambit that would 100% work as scum there, but the simpler solution is more likely the one where Zang is cop and telling the truth. He was at least asking me questions about why I did what I did even if he still has stated the intent to execute me up until now.

Unless scum knows beforehand there isn't a real cop in the game (and town doesn't) or wants to get rid of the real cop at all costs, this is a very stupid "gambit".

Medicated Lain wrote:
Does anyone honestly think that a mafia member would sincerely throw another mafia member under the wheel so easily on day two?

Of course. If we'd fallen for the Scumhunter/MoI gambit and there had been no Zang counter-claim, Scumhunter would be dead but MoI practically conftown.

Assume Quil is mafia and SH is not. Quil knows his death is coming, and is throwing a townie under the wheel before he dies. Seems likely.
Assume that Quil and SH are both mafia. Then Quil is asking us to kill off two mafia members. This is incredibly unlikely.
Assume that Quil is a miller and SH is mafia/town. Then quil is just another opinion in the crowd with no information, and the SH case can be figured out later through investigation if necessary.. but I honestly can't see why SH would throw himself on the line to get attention on a player that needed attention on them.

Scumhunter has played very scummy and there is a case supported by his and MoI's posts that explains his behavior as scum. Quilford shows town play in every aspect except for the miller claim. Why do you think it's so much more likely Scumhunter is town?

Also, you haven't considered the possibility of different scum teams, or a traitor.

Meanwhile, I have proven to you all with numbers, that we are guaranteed a night kill in our favor so long as we stick together, which means our cop isn't even in danger.

Do you know the exact voting mechanics and the number and nature of scum players? No? Then you haven't proven anything.

I have seen that many of you agree about SK's play, he is not helping the town, in fact he is hurting it very badly. I don't trust any opinion that he has, and he should not survive to end game. SK honestly could be scum... and if he isn't, could you imagine when mafia start getting control of the night kills, would they ever once think to kill SK?

SK is an incredibly annoying idiot, but he is an incredibly annoying
town
idiot.

Medicated Lain wrote:
One more theory to spout: Why would scum have a document? If town started out with every document... then wouldn't it make sense for town to simply discuss putting all the papers into one place as soon as possible? Perhaps scum have one, to block that from occurring. I believe that everyone with a document should pass them to Zang tonight.

Maybe they can't be given away freely. Maybe scum have to collect them, not town. Maybe both can collect them and there are different effects. Maybe you don't need to collect all of them. You can find around five billion arguments for both sides.

Medicated Lain wrote:
Scum do not get to choose who they kill in this game, so they need to come up with whatever ways they can to push kills on town.

Of course scum can choose whom to kill, if they control the night executioner vote.

If Quil dies and is mafia, what do you guys think the chances that SH is mafia? I'd say just about 0. Quil is likely pushing a town kill before his own demise.

And because there are players thinking like that, scum-Quil would push for a Scumhunter kill. WIFOM.
This is the hydra account of Junpei and IceGuy.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:14 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Everyone shut up.

Zang execute quilford and lets finish this.

The above posts were total shit. My brain hurts after reading them.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yea, I agree.. with the cop guilty he will likely pass the papers onto scum anyway.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Cosca, I'll admit that would be an interesting gambit if MoI and I were a scum team here. And yea, its probably something I might try because obviously I'm not averse to doing risky things. However, MoI was pretty much already confirmed town in everyone's eyes, not really sure why it would be necessary/likely to pull a move like that here. If you are suspicious of MoI, hell I was the only one trying to point that out for the longest time. Have you considered maybe I was on to something and just went about it in the wrong way...?

I agree with Lain that the certainty of MoIs "scumhunter is scum" after my claim did seem townish. However, as scum, he would probably believe my claim and realize it was going to be a showdown me vs. him and do everything he could to portray confidence. False confidence is a great weapon for good scum players. Eh, he was at least asking me questions about why I did what I did. I'm obviously a lot less confident in my scum read on him than when I fake-claimed a guilty on him. MoI still is definitely a suspect to me though.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

ML,
I'm still not seeing where I fakeclaimed RBer.
I refuse to fullclaim.
You said you don't think the scum started with papers. Now you're saying Quil and I could be scum. Cool.
I assume paper passing happens prior to kills.
mod, does paper passing happen prior to kills?

Seriously ML you fencesittan on me SO HARD.

Cosca,
You ignored my question.

I miss anything anybody?
To be clear: quack
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

SleepyKrew wrote:
You said you don't think the scum started with papers. Now you're saying Quil and I could be scum. Cool.

Well given there is a cop guilty on Quil, and he is claiming to have papers... isnt this a logical change of mind and not so out of the blue like you are making it?

I have a theory on Quilford and why he wants killed in the night. He is scum, a scum roleblocker wanting to get into the night (hence why he does not want killed today) so he can block whoever is elected night killer if we decide in thread!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Quilford »

loooooooool

If your executioner gets your papers then I'm fine with dying today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”