Newbie 1151 ÔÇô Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Krazy wrote:How much money are you willing to put where your mouth is? $20? $100? More? I'll gladly take whatever amount you're willing to offer.

How much do you have?

Krazy wrote:So if I follow your current line of reasoning correctly, the reason that Xeras is "confirmed town" is because you are so certain that me and Johhog are scum?

Yep. I'm less certain of you than I am of Johhog (that doesn't mean you're not my second highest scum read), so I won't call everyone confirmed, but the way Johhog is using Xeras as a mere tool for advancement is not exactly what I would call bussing.

Krazy wrote:Can you expand also on why you believe Isa to be town (outside of your absolute certainty that you have discovered the scumteam)?

Beyond that I do not believe her catch ups to be poor, as he did get to logical conclusions, even though they weren't original, what struck me as relevant lately was that he outright stated he disagreed with Johhog's read of me, WITHOUT expressing suspicion of Johhog. This is something scum wouldn't do.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Lord »

*facepalm*

Ok...don't worry people, I will fix this!

@Mod: Can you please copy paste the content in the above post into this one, and delete the above post? Thanks in advance again.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Krazy »

Meransiel wrote:
Yep. I'm less certain of you than I am of Johhog (that doesn't mean you're not my second highest scum read), so I won't call everyone confirmed, but the way Johhog is using Xeras as a mere tool for advancement is not exactly what I would call bussing.

So it's not so much that Xeras is confirmed town, but that you favor me significantly more than him because me + Johhog makes such an excellent scumteam?

But some players, fypov, have demonstrated townsidedness outside of their association to Johhog: ie, Isa, Racerman?

Can you indicate which players you simply see as "less likely partners with Johhog" as opposed to players you actually see as town outside of your suspicions of other players? For example, I can't tell whether you're now taking Stels to be confirmed town in the same vein as Isa and Racerman, or if they are simply a less likely candidate.
vote conspiracy
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by Johhog »

Wait, what just happened? Meransiel, please explain this. You are an experienced player and shouldn't be so sure on a wrong read D1. Is this some kind of gambit?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Lord »

No, if Johhog is scum, which I find extremely likely, Xeras IS comfirmed town. Just because his OWN posts don't contribute to said status is a completely unrelated thing.

I didn't say Raecerman has demonstrated townieness outside of his interaction/association with Johhog. I said his other posts are what would be expected of him (like defending from Xeras' fail arguments), and therefore perfectly null.

Less likely partners with Johhog and town, from my PoV, is the same thing, but have at you. If you are asking what players I would find as town had Johhog never posted, I would stick to the list of reads I gave in my second last wall. Stels is town due to her interactions with you, also her stubborness, which (though I admit is partly gut) I can call town-flavoured by relating to similar examples in games I've played (GreyIce, for instance, different styles of speech, same underlying line of play).

Johhog wrote:Wait, what just happened? Meransiel, please explain this. You are an experienced player and shouldn't be so sure on a wrong read D1. Is this some kind of gambit?

This is so wrong on so many levels that I don't even feel the need to answer.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by Krazy »

So let me get this straight.

You decide that Johhog is scum.

You are now basing your reads of every single other player in the game based on their association with this person.
Johhog himself is scum, according to you....... Because....... He voted you.

So what your big wallpost and revelations boil down to is a tunnel following an omgus.

I am dissapoint.

Vote Lord

Yeah, I think that's L-1.
vote conspiracy
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Whatever. Just don't listen to Johhog and don't lynch Xeras tomorrow.

I'm out.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Post by Lord »

Cause I can't defend against strawmans. They're simply wrong.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by Isa »

I suppose that all that Lord said might hold some merit if the actual case on Johhog was better. As of now, I don't see the case at all.

Lord, please focus on the Johhog case alone, without mixing in Krazy/Xeras/whoever.

@Krazy
I'll openly admit to sheeping cases in my first wall, which seems to be my main offense (I'll defend my reads though). It was a catch-up post at a point in time where we had left the RVS but still didn't have a lot to go on. I didn't have a whole lot to add. Furthermore, I was lazy.
I targeted Xeras with the L-2/L-1 statement because of #36. Not mentioning that someone is at L-1 is a scumtell in my book, same for L-2 although much weaker and not something I'll comment frequently on.
Did you read Xeras case on Racerman's RVS vote? Racerman agrees with me and I with him on this one, #78 is just horrible.
Stels was put on my scumlist as scum and not null-scum because hey, we have two scum. You had made 11 posts at the point of me writing my list of reads. You were hinting at the towny side of the spectrum at the point of writing (you still are), but so marginally due to your general lack of content that I couldn't place you as a townie just for talking with Stels.
Finally, I still believe buddying in general to be a null tell.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by Lord »

There's no need for a case. The chaining up of lynches is so painfully obvious that if I was a dayvig I would snipe 'em. I would also argue that he bases his reads solely on gut, which he openly admits, but that would be a side point and detracting from the true reason why he is NOT scummy, but actual scum.

And please don't ask me to tunnel, that's kinda awkward. Plus, there's this little thing called relational tells and interaction. About them? They work.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by Johhog »

Lord wrote:There's no need for a case. The chaining up of lynches is so painfully obvious that if I was a dayvig I would snipe 'em. I would also argue that he bases his reads solely on gut, which he openly admits, but that would be a side point and detracting from the true reason why he is NOT scummy, but actual scum.

And please don't ask me to tunnel, that's kinda awkward. Plus, there's this little thing called relational tells and interaction. About them? They work.

You're already tunneling, thank you. How is there "no need" for a case? You aren't even giving me anything to defend myself over, and you know that.

And how is it scummy to base my reads solely on gut? I always do that, I do it as town and I pretend to do it as scum.

Please point out the "chaining of lynches" too. Yeah, if you flip town I admit I'm suspicious of Xeras, but how is that to chain lynches?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Johhog »

And Meransiel/Lord, how on earth can you post from the wrong account so often? I have a weak suspicions, weak however I admit, that you're doing this so we will have a harder time ISOing you. Not common, but it wouldn't be the first time.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Lord »

Johhog wrote:Yeah, if you flip town I admit I'm suspicious of Xeras, but how is that to chain lynches?

*facepalm*
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:10 am

Post by Uite »

Meransiel/Lord, please use only the Lord account when playing here. Technically, you're not even supposed to be in the game, because you're a non-newbie using an alt to play in a newbie slot, which is against the rules. I haven't made an issue out of it before because we know who you are and there was a shortage of newbie sign-ups to begin with, but it's starting to get disruptive, and if I see you posting under Meransiel again, I'll replace you out. Please be careful.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:26 am

Post by Lord »

1. I'm not allowed to play as an IC because I don't remember what my last 5 games were exactly.
2. It obviously happens by mistake.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Johhog »

Lord, are you even trying to play the game? You give no explanations at all and it's overall frustrating trying to argue with you.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Meransiel »

You have no right to say that. Your explanation for everything is gut, while I gave 4+ reasons why you're scum.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Lord »

DAMN IT!
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 am

Post by racerman13 »

...Wow.

How is it so hard to, before you post, scroll up and see what account you're logged on to? I really want to vote you, but I have a strong gut feeling that you're town. And the last time I hammered someone for being the scummiest player, he was the jailkeeper. Gives you a small sense of paranoia.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Another thing is, if he has to change log ins, wouldn't he have to have 2 different e-mails?
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:10 am

Post by racerman13 »

...Though I don't have an alt on most sites (including this one) I have created different emails. It's not hard, takes like 3 minutes on gmail.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Thing is, shouldn't he know which email is to which account?
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Isa »

Different browsers, different cookies.

also, inb4forcereplace
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 am

Post by racerman13 »

lolwut?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Johhog »

Meransiel wrote:You have no right to say that. Your explanation for everything is gut, while I gave 4+ reasons why you're scum.

If you're trying to say that my only reasoning is gut, you can't read. I only take my gut into account when creating my reads, but I give reasons too to create others. Also, the only reason for me being scum is "chain lynching" and you haven't explained that further.
racerman13 wrote:...Wow.

How is it so hard to, before you post, scroll up and see what account you're logged on to? I really want to vote you, but I have a strong gut feeling that you're town. And the last time I hammered someone for being the scummiest player, he was the jailkeeper. Gives you a small sense of paranoia.

I see a contradiction here. You have a gut feeling that Lord is town, but you're also talking about "last time I hammered the scummiest player" like you had a scumread on him.
Epsilon_Andrew wrote:Another thing is, if he has to change log ins, wouldn't he have to have 2 different e-mails?

Not if it's registered as an alt. On this site you're allowed to have alt accounts, but they're NOT allowed to take a newbie spot, like Meransiel did here.
Isa wrote:inb4forcereplace

+1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”