PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

It was a team of 3 + SK (Hiraki).

The three kills n1 should have been us, SK and Jason.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

wait then how was there a kill the night you were blocked?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Rhinox wrote:Disappointing end, but I think PV (and his team) could probably count this as a win. Had jason actually been governed, reck or toog would have been lynched, and then the likely scenario is either jason or the other of reck and toog getting lynched tomorrow, with jason using his vengeful on the reck/toog survivor if lynched in lylo.

I don't see how PV is scum. 2 scum teams of 2 + hiraki SK? Were they 2 indoctrinated groups? Because if not the flavor after hiraki's death might be kinda bastardly.

I enjoyed the game, twas fun, great flavor, great setup, would play again (mass effect 2 mafia pre-/in yes?)

I was definitely hoping that was how it would go down. You were my next target because I couldn't chance the governor coming out near the end. But since you were using it on Jason, I would have to rethink some things.

pedit- that was Hiraki.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Amrun »

Seeing peregrinev cleared from muy awesome role block was torture.s

P-edit: Hiraki did it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Townie
Sovereign
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Sovereign »

It was 3:1:10. Hiraki was solo. (PEDIT: ninjas!)

Keep an eye on the role PMs post, I'm still editing it and probably will be for a while yet.

There will
probably
be a Mass Effect 2 Mafia but I'll have to work out the details with Umbrage since before all this the idea was that Umbrage, RC and I would run 3 games together for the three ME games.
Ideally
for me I'd like to be the sole mod (more thoughts on that in the Dead QT which I'll link at some point soon here) and have Umbrage as co-designer and outsource the flavour to him, but I haven't actually talked to him about it yet.
WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR RETURN IS COMING. OUR NUMBERS WILL DARKEN THE SKY OF EVERY WORLD.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

pedit- that was Hiraki.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh....... i see...
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Umbrage »

I'm standing by my actions. I've never heard of abilities that could be used in twilight, especially seeing how there was no set time for twilight, and using a governor ability after the lynch has already happened doesn't sit right with me. Although I should've read the role PMs more closely.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Amrun wrote:Seeing peregrinev cleared from muy awesome role block was torture.s

P-edit: Hiraki did it.

But it's true. Here's my action for the night you RBed me. Which would have never been revelaed had Reck not QTed with you and then revelealed it in-thread who your target was. :P

night action night 3 wrote:
Gift:Amrun

Toog's got enough love. Well, not a ton, but thinking vig may have went down with the ship of Nintendo/SpryeX

No NK tonight.
Sovereign
Sovereign
Townie
Sovereign
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Sovereign »

SHEPARD PMS/ADDITIONAL BIOS

Spoiler: Initial Shepard PM, where background etc is chosen
Original Shepard PM:

------------------------------------

ERROR REQUEST NOT FOUND

You are Lieutenant Commander [NULLSTRING#] Shepard.You are Lieutenant Commander [NULLSTRING#] Shepard.You are Lieutenant Commander [NULLSTRING#] Shepard.

FATAL ERROR

PLEASE REPAIR CORRUPT DATA

PLEASE VERIFY GENDER: M OR F
PLEASE VERIFY PREHISTORY: SPACER OR COLONIST OR EARTH-BORN
PLEASE VERIFY PSYPROFILE: SOLE SURVIVOR OR WAR HERO OR RUTHLESS
PLEASE VERIFY MILSPEC: ADEPT OR SOLDIER OR ENGINEER OR VANGUARD OR INFILTRATOR OR SENTINEL

ERROR# 7253091

PLEASE EXIT NOW

Spoiler: Spacer/Sole Survivor Shepard
You never thought it would end up this way. Your father was the big hero, always being posted to wherever he was needed. And you were just dragged along. You can’t remember half the places you’ve been. All you remember is the knowledge that although your childhood might not have been the nicest, it was worth it. It was for a good cause, possibly the greatest of all causes. You never questioned this. And when you came of age, you enlisted. What else could you do but carry on the fight?

You remember Akuze. The attack. Becoming a terrified child again. Watching your squad fall one by one. Hoping that this attack, you would bring it down, this time you'd kill it. You almost killed it a thousand times. Meanwhile, the corporal beside you was screaming in pain. Keep shooting, or help him? Was what you did the right choice? Would it have made a difference? Was it all somehow your fault? You can never fully erase those demons. You just have to put it out of your head. Chasing Saren gave you a chance to do that. You had a goal, something to take your mind off the pain. Now there's no clear direction. But you're a survivor. And you'll do whatever it takes to stop the Reapers.

You just hope it'll be enough.

For the first time ever, you don't have anyone telling you what to do. Regardless of what else happened, you knew that you had to protect humanity first, and the rest of the galaxy second. Simple rules. Even when you pirated the Normandy, you had the Captain on your side. He figured out the plan. You just went along. You followed orders, trusting him. But now you can't trust anyone; if you're not careful, you'll end up killing your friends. It's all turned upside-down. The one you've been trying to kill claims to be on your side. And your squad is acting strangely. There are gaps… holes in your memory. Things you should know, but don't. You can remember how you got here. You know you were trying to catch Saren, but you don't remember doing it.

Hold it together. You can't go crazy now.

The galaxy's depending on you. Don't let it down.

Spoiler: Earth-born/War Hero Shepard
You never thought it would end up this way. You were the bad seed, the one destined for a life of crime. When you said you'd enlist, your friends thought you were joking. But you knew more than they did. You knew you had to escape and find a better life. Your parents couldn't help you. Your friends couldn't help you. So you had to look out for yourself. The Alliance was your last hope. You focused on improving yourself and giving your best. You'd show everyone you were worth a dam#. Show them you were the special one.

You remember Elysium. The slavers. You still don't know how you managed to survive. They called you a hero, but you prefer to think of yourself as lucky. It could easily have been a brutal loss. You're a lot wiser now, aware of how quickly things can go wrong. Of how a calm day can become a massacre. You depended on your squad, and they depended on you. You knew you could trust them, and they could trust you. That's all gone now. But you're a hero. And you'll do whatever it takes to stop the Reapers.

For the first time ever, you don't have anyone telling you what to do. Regardless of what else happened, you knew that you had to protect humanity first, and the rest of the galaxy second. Simple rules. Even when you pirated the Normandy, you had the Captain on your side. He figured out the plan. You just went along. You followed orders, trusting him. But now you can't trust anyone; if you're not careful, you'll end up killing your friends. It's all turned upside-down. The one you've been trying to kill claims to be on your side. And your squad is acting strangely. There are gaps… holes in your memory. Things you should know, but don't. You can remember how you got here. You know you were trying to catch Saren, but you don't remember doing it.

Spoiler: Colonist/Ruthless Shepard
You never thought it would end up this way. You thought for sure you were going to be enslaved. Maybe killed. The Batarians were everywhere. You remember running from house to house, calling out names. No one answered. Family, friends, everyone you knew, gone. It was logical to assume you were next. Even when the patrol saved you, you could never shake the feeling that the slavers would catch up to you eventually. That you were living on borrowed time.

You remember Torfan. The bunkers. Long caves with small rooms. Possibly the worst situation to find yourself in. The Batarians had traps, defenses, ambushes. You had your men. You sent them in, wave after wave. You remember leading a charge, screaming at the top of your lungs as you rushed at a group, shields under fire. You bashed his skull in, you remember it clearly. Two words, no and please were all he managed to get out. Then you brought your gun down and there was a sound like cracking an egg. The past is gone. But you're a fighter. And you'll do whatever it takes to stop the Reapers.

For the first time ever, you don’t have anyone telling you what to do. Regardless of what else happened, you knew that you had to protect humanity first, and the rest of the galaxy second. Simple rules. Even when you pirated the Normandy, you had the Captain on your side. He figured out the plan. You just went along. You followed orders, trusting him. But now you can’t trust anyone; if you're not careful, you'll end up killing your friends. It's all turned upside-down. The one you've been trying to kill claims to be on your side. And your squad is acting strangely. There are gaps… holes in your memory. Things you should know, but don't. You can remember how you got here. You know you were trying to catch Saren, but you don't remember doing it.

Spoiler: All Potential Shepard Abilities
Combat:

I've had enough of your snide insinuations: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may use your pistol to kill a player.
I'm pissed off, and when I'm pissed off I shoot things: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you can use your adrenaline rush to stay awake with your gun ready, so if someone kills you, you'll kill them as well.
You can expect me to kill you next time we meet: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may use your sniper rifle scope to track a player and be informed of who they targeted that night.
You think I'm here to amuse you: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may wear your N7 armor to guard a player, if that player is killed you will die instead.

Biotic:

Time to show them what humans are made of: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may form a barrier in front of a player to protect from all kills.
I can bludgeon pretty hard: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may place a player in stasis, preventing them from making any action and protecting them from all kills.
We're gonna need bigger guns: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may manipulate mass effect fields to switch the positions of two players, including yourself, so anyone that targets one will affect the other.
You won't look so smug with a hole in your head: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may examine a dead player for biotic energy traces, learning everyone who targeted that player.

Tech:

Because it's a big stupid jellyfish: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may use a disruption grenade to block all actions a player makes that night.
Somebody up there needs my boot up his ass: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may use your remote sensors to detect who targets a player during that night.
This is how a gun in your face feels: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may use your omni-tool to redirect a player's action to a target of your choice.
You assume I give a damn: Once in the game, during the Night phase, you may boost your shields to allow you to survive any kills made on you.

fun fact: no idea why, but somehow I didn't realize the infamous "I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions" was misquoted as "I've had enough of your snide insinuations" until it was too late to fix. Oh well.
Last edited by Sovereign on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE LEGION. THE TIME OF OUR RETURN IS COMING. OUR NUMBERS WILL DARKEN THE SKY OF EVERY WORLD.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Umbrage wrote:I'm standing by my actions. I've never heard of abilities that could be used in twilight, especially seeing how there was no set time for twilight, and using a governor ability after the lynch has already happened doesn't sit right with me. Although I should've read the role PMs more closely.

Okay, taking responsibility would do you a world of good right about now. I haven't been following this game closely, but I do know roles very extensively.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Wraith »

I SAD

Seriously wish we hadn't been slaughtered N1. TBH I have to say lurker-scum won this, which is why I'm mad that town pseudo-lost this game. If PV had been more active I feel the future victory would not have been as much of a shoe-in.

SW, you played pretty badly. Sorry but considering
I
called you by Day 1, be less scummy next time.

During that whole Hiraki-Nintendo vs Jason exchange I had a gut feeling that either Nintendo or Hiraki were scum. Technically I was wrong in that Hiraki was SK but I definitely would have pushed for your lynch later in the game, after the obvscum were lynched.

I only skimmed that last day but Reck your play then was awful. Seriously, I groaned and facedesk'd when I saw that post saying "god this take so long fine ill hammer the guy i don't really want lynched"
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 am

Post by ender241 »

Good game.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Sovereign
Sovereign
Townie
Sovereign
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Sovereign »

Role PMs post is finally complete, including mod notes. Check it out if you've got some spare time; Umbrage did a really good job on the flavour (especially Joker's, I think).

EDIT: Night actions are up as well.

EDIT 2: As are the Shepard bios.

Oh, and Dead QT link:

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/xAH29xHwFCpnn
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

I like the fact that GW protected his killer night1. :lol:
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hey Umbrage, don't stand by your actions when they ruined the entire fucking game.

Wraith, my play wasn't horrible. From my position, we had two cleared townies, and the guy I had suspected all game I had just been convinced was town, then Toogeloo came out with an awful attack on me and it looked incredibly opportunistic. By the end of the day I just didn't care anymore -- Toogeloo was V/LA, PeregrineV was lurking the entire game, Rhinox wasn't listening to reason, and I was frustrated and completely done with this game.

I also very much dislike the partial reveals. Had we known Hiraki was a Serial Killer, we could've deduced that PV was the final scum (two failed gifts?) and lynched him today and won.
green shirt thursdays
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Umbrage wrote:I'm standing by my actions. I've never heard of abilities that could be used in twilight, especially seeing how there was no set time for twilight, and using a governor ability after the lynch has already happened doesn't sit right with me. Although I should've read the role PMs more closely.

ummm... I'm not mad about what happened, because we're all only human, but this annoys me quite a bit. Don't you dare act like you didn't do anything wrong...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

hahahaha

You're a co-mod... who didn't even read his own damn role PMs... and admits to never even hearing of the ability that he used in his own game...
green shirt thursdays
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Umbrage »

xRECKONERx wrote:

hahahaha

You're a co-mod... who didn't even read his own damn role PMs... and admits to never even hearing of the ability that he used in his own game...

I didn't write the role PMs, that was RC, and he forgot to tell me I had to edit and send them immediately, resulting in the delay of the start of the game, and a few people not getting their PMs. This was all part of RC's "lol i'm leaving" fit when the game finished signups. My point is that had I had time to read them more throughly, I wouldn't have let that pass. Rhinox had the whole day to govern someone, ninjaing the mod isn't part of the game. The role was to protect someone from being lynched, not retroactively prevent a lynch from happening. I have no idea why RC put the 'lynch scene' bit in there.

@ esurio: I agree, you can mod the other games. I'll still help design the setups if you want.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Wraith »

@Reck: Meh, like I said, I just skimmed, and that switcheroo looked really really bad to me. I do get your frustration though, because with the advantage of hindsight the case was really bad. However if I had been alive I definitely would have been against you as well, since I had had a gut scumread on you even in the dead QT when I didn't know who scum were. If I'd been in your position though I would have argued "Why would I visit and talk to someone I was going to kill? If I simply wanted to learn who they were targeting before I killed them they would just lie to me if they were targeting me, and it would be more advantageous as scum to learn about the intentions/actions of players who would actually be alive tomorrow."
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Umbrage wrote:Rhinox had the whole day to govern someone, ninjaing the mod isn't part of the game.

DON'T YOU DARE.

Sovereign wrote:
Ability:

-
This is an outrage
(1 use):
Once in the game you may pardon someone who has already been lynched.
They may not be lynched for the remainder of that day.
You must have this action submitted before the Lynch scene is posted
, for once a person is dead, there is no going back. It is up to you to get your action in on time; you may even pre-submit it if you want. If you have any questions as to the possibilities or limitations of this ability, quote this PM and ask us directly.

Sovereign wrote:
Once in the game you may pardon someone
who has already been lynched.

You must have this action submitted
before the Lynch scene is posted

That explicitly states that there needs to be a lynch before I can pardon someone, and it doesn't say anything about submitting before a lynch occurs, it explicitly says before the scene is posted. It clearly says that because of the first line which states that I can pardon someone WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN LYNCHED. Whether or not I could pre-submit is irrelevant. I submitted the action in accordance with the instructions I was given in the role PM. Don't you dare say its my fault for not submitting earlier in the day. Its bad enough you're blaming the other mod
s
for mechanics you didn't read, know, and understand.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Umbrage wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:

hahahaha

I didn't write the role PMs, that was RC, and he forgot to tell me I had to edit and send them immediately, resulting in the delay of the start of the game, and a few people not getting their PMs. This was all part of RC's "lol i'm leaving" fit when the game finished signups. My point is that had I had time to read them more throughly, I wouldn't have let that pass.
Rhinox had the whole day to govern someone, ninjaing the mod isn't part of the game. The role was to protect someone from being lynched, not retroactively prevent a lynch from happening. I have no idea why RC put the 'lynch scene' bit in there.

@ esurio: I agree, you can mod the other games. I'll still help design the setups if you want.

And with this post, I will never play in a game you mod ever in the future.

Want to know something?

Not once have you posted the word "sorry".
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Yeah.

Something didn't click when cloak said "immune to all abilities".

For some reason I thought I'd come up innocent rather than nothing.

To be fair, that was a needed ability at that point even if it was something that didn't work out.

I kind of knew that winning this game would be one in a million, but whatever. It was fun.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:18 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Alright, mistakes happen and I am not going to cry about it, it was a good game. HOWEVER..Umbridge, to say Rhino had all day to govern is wrong, it can only be used after a lynch. As backup mod, you really should know the roles that are in the game and how they work.

With that said, good game everyone. I totally sucked and I am sorry. I tunneled Nintendo but I had good reason I felt, I shot him and was wrong.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

PeregrineV wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Disappointing end, but I think PV (and his team) could probably count this as a win. Had jason actually been governed, reck or toog would have been lynched, and then the likely scenario is either jason or the other of reck and toog getting lynched tomorrow, with jason using his vengeful on the reck/toog survivor if lynched in lylo.

I don't see how PV is scum. 2 scum teams of 2 + hiraki SK? Were they 2 indoctrinated groups? Because if not the flavor after hiraki's death might be kinda bastardly.

I enjoyed the game, twas fun, great flavor, great setup, would play again (mass effect 2 mafia pre-/in yes?)

I was definitely hoping that was how it would go down. You were my next target because I couldn't chance the governor coming out near the end. But since you were using it on Jason, I would have to rethink some things.

pedit- that was Hiraki.

Well here's the issue - had you left me alive, governor shot left or no, that would have been a mistake because scum aren't going to leave 2 "confirmed" town alive in lylo. Its suicide. You can't even wifom it, because you can't argue a "confirmed" town is scum. So I would have at least realized you weren't confirmed at that point.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

jasonT1981 wrote:As backup mod, you really should know the roles that are in the game and how they work.

THIS 100%.

Its also feel its wrong that Um refuses to apologize. Sure he made a mistake and its no big deal but to sit there and for him to feel he's in the right is just...*facepalm*.

So I guess I'm the only one that didn't like this game? I mean, I pretty much guessed the whole scum team based on characters. As soon as Saren flipped town I knew that Reck was town(thought Rinox was town too but I did vote for him later b/c his play was so horrible and I 2nd guessed myself.) and the scum were the "good" guys. Also the Mass Effect universe is large/I didn't think it made much sense to make the game so small with only the main characters.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”