Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Honest Abel »

So you were intentionally dropping hints that you were scummy before you decided to intentionally act scummy... that makes a lot of sense, DC. It's all coming together now.

VOTE: DarkClaymore

Not moving.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I like how you are for a whilst lynch when he's the popular target, and now that I'm going after you, you're back at trying to make me look scummy. You were also on my wagon in the beginning of the game and helped cavjj quickhammer on the BBmolla wagon. You are a purely reactive player, only following others' leads.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Furthermore, any original ideas you have, which are few and far between, you never act on them or follow through. You postulate and blabber a helluva lot, but you never pressure people, rally votes, or do anything active or protown. This is scummy behavior.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:33 am

Post by whilst »

Judging from the initial reactions (if you can even call them that), my claim meant nothing to anyone. Glad you guys cared so much. If anyone benefited from my claim, it was only the mafia -- now they won't kill me tonight.

Xeras wrote:Whilst, NS, and IAI.

What are your opinions on Honest Abel?

I think he's town. As I've said about three or four times now: 1. He moved the focus from IAI to cavjj during D2, which ended up causing cavjj to misclaim and make a mistake. Also, IAI was at L-1 for a while, he could've just let him die. 2. He's started more discussions than everyone else here combined. 3. He could have easily been targeted during N2, and NS simply saved his life.

Xeras, respond to IAI's post.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:DC, I wouldn't care if you thought about things on your own head, using what happened in your previous experience as examples. That's fine, do what you want. My problem is that you're using these examples in order to defend yourself or make points to us, which just won't work.

I know it probably won't, but neither will "normal" reasons I find. Even if they slightly convince others, they rarely convince me myself. So you suggesting me to lurk and do nothing?

Honest Abel wrote:So you were intentionally dropping hints that you were scummy before you decided to intentionally act scummy... that makes a lot of sense, DC. It's all coming together now.

VOTE: DarkClaymore

Not moving.

Again, there's a big difference between the two. In the first part I actually dropped possible scumtells against which I could easily protect myself. And I did so a little in order to assure people only see them as "somewhat" suspicious and not "clearly" suspicious. My sole goal was to not end the day as null or protown player. You saw how the former was killed.

Honest Abel wrote:I like how you are for a whilst lynch when he's the popular target, and now that I'm going after you, you're back at trying to make me look scummy. You were also on my wagon in the beginning of the game and helped cavjj quickhammer on the BBmolla wagon. You are a purely reactive player, only following others' leads.

I'm going after whoever I suspect and can lynch atm. And I already stated how I prefer your lynch more in the first place. Also, I don't want to hear it from a player who changed his deduction of the scumteam every page during D2. Not to mention you gave pretty much the same reason I gave now: that you were going against the players who were there at the moment.

As for D1, I enjoy voting players in order to pressure. Even if I don't really think they are more likely scum than others. As to why, I'd say because on D1 I don't really have a well-defined suspects list anyway. So going around pressuring players is a good strategy IMO.

Honest Abel wrote:Furthermore, any original ideas you have, which are few and far between, you never act on them or follow through. You postulate and blabber a helluva lot, but you never pressure people, rally votes, or do anything active or protown. This is scummy behavior.

That's because the more I'll insist on my ideas when I see others clearly disagree, the more scummy I'll look and the ideas won't pass anyway. It helps no one.
And never pressure people? Keeping my RVS vote on you, putting BB at L-1, questioning Cav, Whilst, you and NS. I do what I can or see needed. Tell me what makes, let's say, IAI better in this aspect?

Nobody Special
. Maybe I didn't make it clear but I want you to explain the contradiction I presented here

And wow, this day is rather tough. Maybe it's time that everyone make a list of, let's say, their two prime suspects (players they are willing to vote for today) and do the lynch based on that? The more time passes, the further away we are getting from the lynch, going more in circles by talking about pretty much the same subjects over and over, and lastly just dragging the game and making it more boring (my opinion at least).

I know it was pointed out how this will help scum and I agree, but seriously. We need to lynch at some point. I think it just might help the town much more than scum atm. What do you all say?
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Honest Abel »

@whilst: Vanilla town is not a claim worth talking about. We're already all under the assumption that we're vanilla town. Scum kill confirmed vanilla town just as much as they kill power roles. However, you're not exactly confirmed. Ultimately, your claim changed nothing about you.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I don't think the game is boring at all, DC. I'm blowing you wide open.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Honest Abel »

whilst, just another thing: the purpose of making people claim is to make sure we don't lynch a power role. So that's another reason vanilla town doesn't mean anything.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Honest Abel »

What were you expecting?
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:I don't think the game is boring at all, DC. I'm blowing you wide open.

You are going over old material you mostly presented during D2. And the whole thing progressing nowhere. I don't mind being attacked. Rather, I enjoy it. But it feels very shallow being attacked by a single player like that and I can't even feel death drawing closer. I started thinking lately "The hell with it. Just lynch someone already, even me if you want so much, and KEEP GOING ON".

It feels like we are all digging stuff just in order to create discussion. I'm sure we'll have lots of stuff to talk about - AFTER we know for sure what happens this night. I think it's time, rather it was quite long ago already, to start discussing who to lynch FOR REAL.

BTW, since some of my posts long and some people probably don't bother, I'll copy this and bold it:
And wow, this day is rather tough. Maybe it's time that everyone make a list of, let's say, their two prime suspects (players they are willing to vote for today) and do the lynch based on that? The more time passes, the further away we are getting from the lynch, going more in circles by talking about pretty much the same subjects over and over, and lastly just dragging the game and making it more boring (my opinion at least).

I know it was pointed out how this will help scum and I agree, but seriously. We need to lynch at some point. I think it just might help the town much more than scum atm. What do you all say?
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm not going over old material, this is all new. Check out my new points:

• Used lynchbait excuse to cover up scumminess (w/ proof that you didn't use the strategy and that your decision to use it makes no sense)
  • Following other people's leads the whole game
  • Opportunistic abuse of wagons and JK claim
  • Postulating rather than acting

The things that I've repeated are icing on the cake using brand new examples.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I don't feel like I'm digging at things just to make discussion because I'm bored. I just realized a few new things about you, and you're not looking so hot. Labeling all of this as bored and redundant is a nice attempt to shrug it off, but it's not going to just disappear, pal.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Xeras »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Xeras wrote:Meh. I don't really feel like hammering whilst. I don't feel as if he is scummy. My top two are Abel, and IAI.

Iai, just because he isn't all that active.

Wow, you call for the claim based on your predecessor's suspicion, get a VT claim, and then change your mind about hammering based on your feelings. So that is how it works? Or could it be that you want to check into other player's roles as well.

PS - Please define not being "all that active"?

When I say you are not all that active, I have trouble remembering your name, when I want to make a list. This in its self is a scumtell for me. Whenever I have had to go look at who I was missing, they have always turned up as scum in the past.

Claymore, I would say that I find Abel and IAI to be the most suspicious. However, if I find that you are at L-1, there is a chance I will hammer you.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Xeras is basically a DC clone.

Xeras, list the people you
wouldn't
hammer at L-1, please.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Xeras »

Actually, Dc is a Xeras clone. *nods*

People I wouldn't hammer.
Xeras
Nobody Special
Whilst (Due to claim)
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

DarkClaymore wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Okay, DC, but my recollection of that is different than yours. I'd have to go back and re-read pretty much the entire Day in question to refute it or not; can this wait till tomorrow, if I'm still alive?

I went over some of your posts now.
You actually called Cav "pretty town" in one of your first posts in the game. #363

Yet again contradicting how you saw him as scum no matter what due to his hammer. All of this just don't add up.

NS
sign for attention :D

You don't understand how a read on someone can change throughout the course of a Day? I really don't know how to address that. At all.

Xeras wrote:Whilst, NS, and IAI.

What are your opinions on Honest Abel?

I am pretty solidly convinced he's our last scum. He's very active, he's picking at everything, and -- it's really just a gut thing, but I just think it's him.

I'm would really like to lynch him. Can we make that happen? I was at one point unsure that we could do it. I'd like to make it so.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Xeras »

Lynching Abel is my most desired thing. It seems as if DC suspects Abel quite a bit as well. I say we lynch him. If he turns up town, then we should pursue DarkClaymore.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Honest Abel »

All right, go ahead and lynch me. I think I've done everything I can. I wash my hands of this game. NS, don't forget to say your new jail target before the day ends.

These would be my top lynches:
DarkClaymore
NS
IAI

Of course, Xeras and whilst are scummy as hell, too. Town is so losing this one. You're going to need a lot of luck. Talk to you guys post-game.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Nobody Special wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Okay, DC, but my recollection of that is different than yours. I'd have to go back and re-read pretty much the entire Day in question to refute it or not; can this wait till tomorrow, if I'm still alive?

I went over some of your posts now.
You actually called Cav "pretty town" in one of your first posts in the game. #363

Yet again contradicting how you saw him as scum no matter what due to his hammer. All of this just don't add up.

NS
sign for attention :D

You don't understand how a read on someone can change throughout the course of a Day? I really don't know how to address that. At all.

But if the hammer made you so "angry" (exaggeration), how comes you didn't go after Cav from the very beginning? You even protected him on various occasions. I mean, it's not like you realized he hammered only latter that day. You knew it all along. My problem with what you did is how you presented his hammer as the main reason for wanting to see the lynch through. There must have been other reasons to want and lynch him since you didn't pursue him from the beginning for the hammer.

I am pretty solidly convinced he's our last scum. He's very active, he's picking at everything, and -- it's really just a gut thing, but I just think it's him.

A good way to summarize my opinion as well.

And I believe we have 3 against Abel. We need one more.

Xeras wrote:Lynching Abel is my most desired thing. It seems as if DC suspects Abel quite a bit as well. I say we lynch him. If he turns up town, then we should pursue DarkClaymore.

Stop going after me in both games you scum :lol:
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Honest Abel »

This is one of the worst town teams I've ever seen assembled, no matter who you are. I have nothing but bad things to say about all of you and don't want to play with any of you again except for whilst and dicknose because they're my friends.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Honest Abel »

VOTE: Honest Abel
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am

Post by whilst »

Honest Abel wrote:What were you expecting?

A few more "scenarios" to be worked out, where I wasn't going to be considered scum.

NS
, why is it that you don't answer any questions? Why am I even asking this, you're not going to acknowledge it.
Nobody Special wrote:I am pretty solidly convinced he's our last scum. He's very active, he's picking at everything, and -- it's really just a gut thing, but I just think it's him.

I'm would really like to lynch him. Can we make that happen? I was at one point unsure that we could do it. I'd like to make it so.

Just jail him tonight.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm vanilla town, just in case you have apprehensions about voting me because you think I might be doctor.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

If you are VT, you're playing against your win condition, which, depending on the Mod, is a modkillable offense.

I'll be jailing Dark Claymore tonight.

unvote

Vote: Honest Abel
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:14 am

Post by whilst »

What the fuck.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”