BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Thomith wrote:BB you need to think a little more into the doc train idea, in that situation the mafia could still kill but would have to kill a player that hasn't been assigned to any of them, and if they kill the same person as the SK then the person dies anyway, even if they are protected by a town doctor.

Alright I addressed the SK/Mafia targetting each other already. The chance is so unlikely it's not even funny.

Your doc train "exploit" makes no sense.

Let's say 6 docs and a mafia claim doc.
D1 is on M1
M1 is on D2
D2 - D3
D3 - D4
D4 - D5
D5 - D6
Who do the mafia target to get a kill without making them get auto lynched the next day?

Thomith wrote:oh noez i am against the idea am i scum now BB?

Cause I've clearly OMGUS'd every single player who said no. Congrats on not reading the thread.

Thomith wrote:and i expect more than 4 vig claims too, it is all well and dandy putting this strategy on a golden platter but the mafia can do what glow explained and shoot the doc pool rather than the vig pool, and if the vigs shoot the scum the mafia doc would be on them anyway.

That's fine. It becomes Nightless then, because the only POSSIBLE way for them to kill within the doctor pool is SK and Maf hitting same doc, which is, once again, incredibly unlikely. And hell, if the SK hits the mafia docs target, that'll out a mafia right there for us. SK hitting Mafia Doc's target has a greater probability then SK and Mafia hitting same target.

Your reasoning is the same, and as bad, as Glow's.

Thomith wrote:
maru wrote:As per the rest of them, THEY'LL ALL BE ON THEIR PROTECTEES, so none of them will die

SK and maf will kill in the doctor pool if they are smart, and if they hit the same person WHICH IF YOU DO A DOCTOR POOL WILL HEIGHTEN THE CHANCE, then we mislynch that doctor.

See above.

Also, the alternative to vigs claiming is 2 deaths per night on average, keep that in mind please.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Thomith »

[quote="BB]Cause I've clearly OMGUS'd every single player who said no. Congrats on not reading the thread.[/quote]
Oh, because it seems that it was the reason glow was getting wagoned to begin with before you started giving reasons.

wow
LISTEN TO ME, even if it is a small chance it can happen it still can happen and you seem to just assume that if anyone in the doctor pool dies then the doctor who was protecting them is scum, despite that chance.

doctor pool is 8 people, (for mafia likely 6) so that is a 1/8 or 1/6 chance that they hit the same person, as the game goes on with more lynches it becomes less and less, and 1/8 is too big of a chance for me to want to take that risk.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (15/17)
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Thomith »

Also i would go into more depth but i don't want to give the SK and scum any ideas.

whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:39 am

Post by whispersilk »

7 pages already? :eek:

I guess I'll be catching up then.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:54 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Neil113: Piggy, you existence is like an un-plucked flower, so innocent and so beautiful. I am not
perverted
by this, as it simply means you have yet to be
stripped
of your innocence. You are a admirable and
desperate
being, and a social butterfly (which is in my stomach <3)

VitaminR:...I feel dirty....

PiggyGirl15: LOLWUT?

Thomith: Sup, glowball

glowball: OMG, I MADE A FRIEND

Vote Count #5

glowball (2) - Maruchan, izakthegoomba
Mega (0) -
pinkfloyd (0) -
PiggyGal15 (1) - glowball
izakthegoomba (1) - VitaminR
BBmolla (0) -
VitaminR (0) -
Thomith (0) -
Maruchan (1) - Thomith
Quaroath (0) -
neil1113 (0) -
whispersilk (0) -
No Lynch (0) -
Not voting: Mega, pinkfloyd, PiggyGal15, Quaroath, neil1113, whispersilk, BBmolla

It takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch!
Last edited by ToastyToast on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:36 am

Post by glowball »

Seems like people got a little more reasonable while I slept. While I don't like BB I don't think he's scum. I still find Piggy scummy, but as I told izak earlier in that game I've played scum with him and his behavior is the same so I could get behind that lynch as well.

oh and ALL IS FORGIVEN
also, HI AND THANK YOU NEIL <3

also, YES I AM EMOTIONAL AND SENSITIVE, it's hard to control especially when I am in other games making me equally as frustrated.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Thomith »

Oh and when you said that not everyone who apposes the strategy is scum

BB wrote:Hopefully your mafbros can come up with better reasons not to then you could.

Says otherwise, it makes it seem that if anyone apposes the strategy is scum trying to find better reasons.

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Maruchan »

VitaminR wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Maruchan

Would you mind adding in some explanation to this vote please?
Nevermind, I see you unvoted. Please still, explain why you voted me for a short period of time without explaining your vote of me, and then why you changed?
BBmolla wrote:
glowball in other game wrote:I refuse to read a plan that seems to have been re-worked several different times. Also,
notice how I don't care.
I said I was going V/LA you guys could be a little considerate on the posting and know that
NO I don't want to read pages and pages of thoughts.

And there it is, her meta is confirmed as lazy townmember.

UNVOTE:

Doesn't absolutely clear her, but it explains her actions.

P-Edit: Just double checking and making sure this is the right topic oops -.-'

Unvote
Sigh. Glowball, why must you be so difficult? :(
Pigy wrote:Vitamin, why did you vote for Maru? Moreover, why did you quickly unvote and vote for izak?

I see I was beat to the punch.
Tomith wrote:unless i am understanding wrong if mafia and vig for example target the same person and only one doc is on them they die anyway, as i thought in this setup a single doctor protect protects from a single nightkill

You are correct I forgot to account for that slim chance they target same person.
Tomith wrote:I am going to vote the person in that plan who is sheeping along and not reallly adding why it is a good idea

omf. How many times do I have to point out that I was the FIRST person on Glowball? And that I wasn't a sheep?
Tomith wrote:#120 blackmail alert blackmail alert maru is scum maru is scum.

Omf how is that blackmail? THAT WAS THE GOD DAMNPLAN. Or did you not read it?

She said she could claim nothing to keep from getting lynched. I told her the VIG CLAIM would not be lynched, as it would start our plan in motion. And then in the 3-claim,4-claim, or 5-claim plans, SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN LYNCHED TOMORROW IF SHE DIDN'T DIE.

This was all clearly stated in the plan. So I see no way you can call that post blackmail, unless... YOU DIDNT READ THE PLAN. In which case, read the fuckin thread.

VitaminR wrote:
PiggyGal15 wrote:Vitamin, why did you vote for Maru? Moreover, why did you quickly unvote and vote for izak?

Because I remembered that Maru's third vote struck me as easy and opportunistic when I first read it (and I share Neil's and Thomith's feeling that the three of them piling on glowball was much too easy). But then I re-read and Maru's subsequent discussion about the vig claiming plan with glowball read as town to me. In contrast, I noticed that izak was only really repeating what the other two were saying.

For the upteenth gazillionth and one time,
I
WAS
NOT
A
THIRD
VOTE.

Did nobody besides me read this thread? Seriously?
BBmolla wrote:Cause I've clearly OMGUS'd every single player who said no. Congrats on not reading the thread.

Ikr? It seems as though nobody is reading the god damn thread.
Tomith wrote:doctor pool is 8 people, (for mafia likely 6) so that is a 1/8 or 1/6 chance that they hit the same person, as the game goes on with more lynches it becomes less and less, and 1/8 is too big of a chance for me to want to take that risk.

It seems you're not aware of how probability works. The chances of the same night kill are 1/6 X 1/8, or 1/48. So about a 2.75% chance of hitting the same person. (if your 6 and 8 are numbers that actually mean something, I'm not seeing where you got them from. I'm using 6 as the scum has 6 choices of who to shoot, and 8 as the SK has 8 choices of who to shoot)
Glowball wrote:also, YES I AM EMOTIONAL AND SENSITIVE, it's hard to control especially when I am in other games making me equally as frustrated.

If the game makes you so frustrated, why do you play it? Just curious. But yeah. Sorry for being in so many games that make you frustrated. ♥
Last edited by ToastyToast on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Maruchan »

@Mod, could you fix my last two quote tags? the first needs a = and the second needs a ] after the /quote.

NOPE
Last edited by ToastyToast on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:51 am

Post by glowball »

I play because I enjoy proving people wrong and finding scum. Relationships make me frustrated too but I am in no rush to become a nun
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:19 am

Post by BBmolla »

Thomith wrote:Oh and when you said that not everyone who apposes the strategy is scum

BB wrote:Hopefully your mafbros can come up with better reasons not to then you could.

Says otherwise, it makes it seem that if anyone apposes the strategy is scum trying to find better reasons.

I feel like a broken record here. Seriously. I've responded to this umpteen times, reread.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Maruchan »

glowball wrote:I play because I enjoy proving people wrong and finding scum. Relationships make me frustrated too but I am in no rush to become a nun

Relationships make EVERYBODY frustrated. Its why I haven't attempted on for the past 3 years.
Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am

Post by glowball »

Maruchan wrote:
glowball wrote:I play because I enjoy proving people wrong and finding scum. Relationships make me frustrated too but I am in no rush to become a nun

Relationships make EVERYBODY frustrated. Its why I haven't attempted on for the past 3 years.

HA what a coincidence I was in one for the past 3 years, but anyway that doesn't say much you are only 17...

Back to game talk- It seems I am now not the only one against the claim. Discuss..
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Maruchan »

glowball wrote:
Maruchan wrote:

HA what a coincidence I was in one for the past 3 years, but anyway that doesn't say much you are only 17...

Back to game talk- It seems I am now not the only one against the claim. Discuss..

You act as if 19 is so much more than 17. ;)
Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 am

Post by glowball »

Maruchan wrote:
glowball wrote:
Maruchan wrote:

You act as if 19 is so much more than 17. ;)

QUOTE PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I'm almost 20! :P
and when you start saying things like you haven't had a relationship for 3 years those 2 years do make a difference
YOU: 17 minus 3 years= 14 years old, no one really expects you to be seriously dating anyway
ME: 19- 3 years= 16 years old, when dating really takes effect hahahahahahahahaha
Mega
Mega
Townie
Mega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Mega »

Mega is here, Mega will post.
Legendary rager alt.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 am

Post by BBmolla »

I just don't understand a possible town opposal to the plan as of now.

The maf and sk hitting the same target is the only flaw, and if that happens we still only have one death opposed to two average each night.

Using that as a reason to not go through with the plan is like wanting to walk everywhere because you might get into a car crash if you drive.

I've revised the plan a bit:

2 Vig Claims:

If two vigs claim, we assign two random people to be on the vigs. If these two are both docs, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for the vig to die. So, if the vig DOES die, we know one of the docs gaurding them are fake. Everyone else doc trains, or if preferred, we can doc on randoms for WIFOM sake, which could be decided if this occurs. We now have two confirmed unkillable vigs. Also, with this in mind, during the day we have two votes: One to who we want to lynch during the day, and the other to who we want both our vigs to target.
Listen to this: If both vigs shoot the same person, we will have a for sure kill on everyone except the SK. And if the SK is hit, we lynch him.
Upside: Town gets lynch, followed by a 11/12 times for sure kill. Also, town has two clears.
Downside: The mafia/sk can easily target the bodygaurds.

3+ Vig Claims:

We have vigs shoot each other randomly. The next day shots are outed. If no deaths occur, cool, we lynch one of the vig claims.
While this occurs docs doctrain, reducing doc night kills to a maximum of 1, but most likely 0 docs being night killed during the night.
We don't lynch any docs who let their target die till the vig situation is dealt with, meaning all vigs dead or all vig claims dead.
We repeat this till we find scum amongst the vigs. We can still lynch both our vigs at this point and win the game.
Upside: We are confirmed to catch at least one scum, and night kills on docs are reduced to 0-1.
Downside: We lose our vigs most likely.(Honestly though, they're rather useless unless they shoot together. They can only kill 2/4 scum.)

I still stand by this being a good idea.

I need a major flaw to be pointed out for me to change my mind. And I mean Titanic major.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:58 am

Post by BBmolla »

Oh forgot a case

We Don't Vig Claim

Upside:
Need this to be filled in by you opposing the plan.

Downside: No clears
2-4 deaths per night
Vig shot can only kill 2/4 scum.
Vigs will probably die because no one knew they were vig.

So, essentially, Vigs not claiming is very similar to 2 Vig Claims except we have no clears.

Those who say no, fill in the upside.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by glowball »

So you don't lynch any doctors who let their target die-- so Mafia Doctor protects someone in the vig pool adequately framing another player, and then the mafia kill whoever the MafiaDoctor was supposed to protect because you won't lynch doctors until the end. The end comes sooner, when this is a game of numbers for them...
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

glowball wrote:So you don't lynch any doctors who let their target die-- so Mafia Doctor protects someone in the vig pool adequately framing another player, and then the mafia kill whoever the MafiaDoctor was supposed to protect because you won't lynch doctors until the end. The end comes sooner, when this is a game of numbers for them...

I'm aware of the Mafia doctor protecting which is why the shooting is random.
And I said at first to lynch the doctors even if their target dies, but I got a lot of opposal to this because of the chance about the SK and shit. I personally think we should lynch anyone whose target dies, as the problem you stated comes up, but I'm wrong either way so whatever.

It's not even worth it anymore. Let's just shoot randomly tonight after MLing a doc. I don't care anymore.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Sooo.. wow thread exploded while I was working the last two days. Catching up, but don't expect a post till tomorrow
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Thomith »

maru wrote:Sigh. Glowball, why must you be so difficult?

Sigh. Maru, why must you sheep BB, first the plan then his vote.

I prefer the most recent plan. However there is one small flaw
BB wrote:So, if the vig DOES die, we know one of the docs gaurding them are fake.

The scum and SK could shoot the same vig.

maru wrote:Omf how is that blackmail?

You basically told her if she claims vig she lives unless her target doesn't die then you lynch her, and it seemed you were going to do this even if the plan was overruled.

So yes i prefer the second plan to the first.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Thomith »

wow i deleted half of my post >.>

first half-

maru wrote:Unvote Sigh. Glowball, why must you be so difficult?

Sigh. Maru, why must you sheep BB's vote?

I prefer the second plan to the first, however there is a small flaw.

BB wrote:So, if the vig DOES die, we know one of the docs gaurding them are fake.

If mafia and SK target the same vig claim then the vig would still die, they are only safe with two doctors on each.

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Thomith wrote:wow i deleted half of my post >.>

first half-

maru wrote:Unvote Sigh. Glowball, why must you be so difficult?

Sigh. Maru, why must you sheep BB's vote?

I prefer the second plan to the first, however there is a small flaw.

If mafia and SK target the same vig claim then the vig would still die, they are only safe with two doctors on each.

Sorry that sometimes some people besides myself make a good case/argument and it sways me.

I mean this doesn't happen often, but SOMETIMES someone besides me shows a spec of brains
[/sarcasm]

I see that nobody has commented that rather than being the third vote on the wagon that everyone thinks I am, I was the first. I said it like 5 times, and you all just pretended that whole piece of your argument was never there.

And no I would never suggest a lynch of a vig unless we agreed to the plan. If you honestly think I would, you're an idiot. No offense of course.
Show
Join Now!

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Thomith »

maru wrote:I was the first.

Your vote was a random vote so to me it meant nothing untill you confirm voted, which was 3rd.
Random votes mean nothing other than to get conversation started, because they are random meaning your vote on glowball wasn't because you found her scummy it was random so stop using that godawful case that you were the "first to vote" when your vote was random.

Return to “Completed Open Games”