Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 am

Post by glowball »

I just answered a wall that someone posted. I've done what I need to do.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:56 am

Post by lane0168 »

I said that because that's my town read. I now realize how anti town that is to say and I'm sorry. I wanted to say why I thought saulres was town. However, its not scummy. If I was scum id be able to tell mu scum buddies at night who I thought was a power role. Not in the thread. It was stupid of me to say but I don't want a case on them. Oh, I guess I realize the other part could be because saulres is my scum partner and I'm trying to keep them alive. Well that's not the case butt fuck, I think I'm not going to find any ridiculousness in a lane lynch. Ha mother of god that was dumb. All I can say is you gotta do what you gotta do to feel at ease amrun. I can tell you its a bonafide mislynch if it goes that far, which can be acceptable on day 1.

Lesson learned
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:59 am

Post by lane0168 »

@amrun. Can you tell me why you find this to be super scummy as opposed to an idiotic antitown statement that was a mistake? What would be the scum intentions?
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by MrTrow »

i`ll read again tomorrow (haven`t slept much this week) :

on lane`s pointing out a PR-read (although the detail lane himself pointing this out deminishes it) i do consider it clumsy-town over scum.

on maruchan`s 'deliberate absence': not buying it:
someone who spends way more time than others here yet doesn`t keep track of own outstanding questions expects info out of activity-checks by others. unlikely
i agree with the town-points for hoppster by it though (scum has very little motivation to look for something like that)
giving scumpoints for not commenting on said action in a 'hi replacing in, just started reading post' also isn`t helping

NS inactivity: well, considering tomorrow's reread will very likely produce no additional information here: VOTE: Nobody Special

Saulres attempt to capture the entire team from a newbie who`s wagon just desolved, greatly putting his name to the potential lynch, seems unnecessary risky for scum, for now a town read.

more tomorrow
By the way, your mum says hello.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Nobody Special has requested replacement. Tell your friends!

Also, a reminder that deadline is < 4 days away.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Bye Nobody Special!

I don't think we should lynch him until we get a claim though, fro ma replacement.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Amrun »

lane0168 wrote:@amrun. Can you tell me why you find this to be super scummy as opposed to an idiotic antitown statement that was a mistake? What would be the scum intentions?

It reveals a scum mindset. You were PR hunting. That's like the definition of how scum play.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Auckmid »

Sorry for not posting in a few days. Its been preaty hectic. I'll make a big catch-up post tommoro.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

Zero access tomorrow.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

mothrax replaces Nobody Special. How kind!

Votecount coming in my next post.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 1.9

mothrax (4): RoboThor, Hoppster, Maruchan, MrTrow

Maruchan (3): lane0168, saulres, Auckmid
glowball (2): thunderwielder, Supreme Overlord
lane0168 (1): Amrun
thunderwielder (1): glowball

Not Voting (1)
: mothrax

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: September 2nd ((expired on 2011-09-02 14:58:38))

thunderwielder is V/LA until Tuesday.

Note the new deadline due to replacement.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 am

Post by mothrax »

Popping in to say I need to read the thread (I have skimmed, but yeah, not read yet...)

Also, lynching NS for lurking/active lurking is like lynching a kitten for being cute.

I will keep in mind that RoboThor, a hydra of two players who should know that, are the ones pushing his lynch.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:18 am

Post by lane0168 »

i actually wasnt PR hunting. And if i was, and i was scum, why would i let everyone know that i was power role hunting? there was honestly just one thing he said that struck me as possible power role. it hasnt beent he whole game. one thing. but i still would like to know, what is the scum intentions of actually voicing that, as opposed to something stupid a town said? there is not when you really think about it. so really think about it.
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:50 am

Post by RoboThor »

Here's my read on the thunder v. glowball thing.

It is anti-town and annoying.

@glowball - you are actively claiming that you are intentionally not giving out information on your reads, and then when someone infers what you mean call it misrepresenting (it's not, it's inference - which is so far and beyond different than misrepresenting it's starting to bug me that you can't tell the difference). Then, when you call him on the inference and he asks 'so what did you mean' you basically refuse to answer. This is not him being bad at the game or being scummy. Drop it.

@Thunder - the confusion pit yawns before you and you keep trying to spelunk down it. Everything I've written above is what you've gotten out of GB thus far, and I do not foresee you getting anything more out of there, do you? Let's drop the pushing - because at this stage it's annoying, going in circles, and not helping anything. If you want to press for a policy lynch via 'annoying refusal to give reads' than do so, but otherwise I'd rather see the case drop dead.

@Mothrax - really? Lurk is town meta for NS? I had no idea. I've seen him lurk as scum, but never as town, so...y'know, bring that case on big boy.

The only way I could possibly buy Amrun scum at this point is if she is scum with glowball.
Auckmid has been active lurking since Sunday - he needs death. The fact he's voting Maru strengthens my opinion that the Maru wagon is fail.
I'll begrudgingly agree SO is looking more town - but he should be doing something more useful than voting for glowball if he is town. Both he and thunder should clarify (in 2-3 sentences) what the case on glowball is or get off and start doing something useful that won't fill the thread with annoying walls that I haven't read.

Let's speed lynch mothrax for yucks.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 am

Post by glowball »

Thunder is inferring RIDICULOUSLY its stretched beyond belief and NO I cannot answer loaded and leading questions about things that he's inferring
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:01 am

Post by RoboThor »

1. Both Amrun and I (which means Thor and Robo) do not believe he is inferring anything that is strange (and you *are* intentionally choosing to play in a way that obligates inference). Now, do you think that this is all three scum pushing the angle that crazy inference is reasonable...or do we want to Ockham's Razor and think that maybe you're not assessing the craziness level correctly? Frankly (speaking for just Thor here, but Robo might agree considering his reads in QT), I agree with his inferences of what you said and find your defensiveness more scummy than his calls - take that for what you will.

2. I don't give a hang for you to answer "loaded" questions. I never asked you to - I asked for the entire thing to be dropped. If the questions are "loaded" than re-phrase them, clarify your positions, and then answer them. If you refuse to clarify your positions than, yes, you can't answer questions about them - rock on. As stated above, I personally don't care. What I do care about is your current vote, which looks pretty clearly on town, and your reads for other possible scum - probably any of which I'd support wagons on more than Thunder.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:05 am

Post by glowball »

Yeah well you'd support a wagon on me as well, and at this point I just don't give a damn- you guys can change your tune or I'll just do my own thing scum or not I am voting Thunder
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 am

Post by RoboThor »

If you hate us all so much as to tank the game I'd rather you replace out than sulk.
I would support a wagon on you over Thunder...but considering my current vote location and stated opinions on you, please stop wallowing and start playing.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:39 am

Post by glowball »

I don't hate you or anyone else, and why would I replace out- the opinions on me and reactions are such that they are scumhunting and if you don't want me here lynchme. It's not wallowing but I would thank you to stop insulting me and play the game.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Hoppster »

mothrax wrote:Also, lynching NS for lurking/active lurking is like lynching a kitten for being cute.

What about for providing no content and not making any effort to scum-hunt?

glowball, I'm not following AT ALL how your stance on thunder has changed from:
glowball wrote:I haven't answered thunder's case because I see nothing to answer for, he's interpreted my behavior as scummy and I cannot disagree with his playstyle or frame of mind. He's wrong and his case is garbage IMO, but I realize why he's come to those conclusion and that has to do with playstyle- he's obviously not a successful scumhunter because I find it very hard to see him as scum at this point.
glowball wrote:VOTE: Thunder I point out your faults, I ignore you- and you keep pushing. If you are town you are blacklisted and if you are scum then BRAVO you got some people to buy into the completely fabricated case.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:51 am

Post by glowball »

At first I didn't think Thunder was scum- then I went back and forth on his alignment- now I just don't care if he's scum or town I just want him lynched because he's not very good at scumhunting if he is town
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Hoppster »

>___>

Could the same argument not be made
more effectively
for you?

"WELL I WANT HIM LYNCHED (LOL IDRC HIS ALIGNMENT) BECAUSE HE'S A TERRIBLE SCUMHUNTER" - this is terrible scum-hunting, is it not?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 am

Post by glowball »

No, it isn't. I am certain in the reads that I have. Thunder however is wrong, which none of you will know until after I flip but I know that he is obviously terrible at scumhunting.

You could make the argument that I am not helpful and therefore you don't care about my alignment, but you cannot say that I am terrible at scumhunting- in fact engaging most of you in conversation has helped my reads tremendously
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Hoppster »

glowball wrote:No, it isn't. I am certain in the reads that I have. Thunder however is wrong, which none of you will know until after I flip but I know that he is obviously terrible at scumhunting.

>________________>

"I AM CERTAIN IN THE READS I HAVE."
"I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THUNDER'S ALIGNMENT, I WANT TO LYNCH HIM BECAUSE HE IS A TERRIBLE SCUMHUNTER."

Both of these cannot be true.

On top of this, if you ARE certain in your reads - WHY THE HELL DO YOU NOT WANT TO LYNCH A SCUM-READ?
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:48 am

Post by RoboThor »

To show she's a better scumhunter than Thunder, naturally...wait...

Return to “Completed Open Games”