Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:52 am

Post by glowball »

Hoppster wrote:
glowball wrote:No, it isn't. I am certain in the reads that I have. Thunder however is wrong, which none of you will know until after I flip but I know that he is obviously terrible at scumhunting.

>________________>

"I AM CERTAIN IN THE READS I HAVE."
"I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THUNDER'S ALIGNMENT, I WANT TO LYNCH HIM BECAUSE HE IS A TERRIBLE SCUMHUNTER."

Both of these cannot be true.

On top of this, if you ARE certain in your reads - WHY THE HELL DO YOU NOT WANT TO LYNCH A SCUM-READ?

Because obviously none of you want to lynch my scumreads and I cannot lynch alone.

Oh I see what you mean about those two quotes rather contradictory in your eyes okay you should lynch me for that.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Maruchan »

Is that scum playing the "You should lynch me" card so as to appear to be OK with being lynched when really they arent? Or is that town honestly being OK with being lynched.

Seems to be could be either
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:03 am

Post by RoboThor »

glowball wrote:Because obviously none of you want to lynch my scumreads and I cannot lynch alone.

Who are your top scumreads again? I know it's not Thunder anymore due to this recent stance of 'lynch for lulz' but who are the others?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:31 am

Post by glowball »

Maruchan and Saulres
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by RoboThor »

So...*no one* is willing to lynch Maruchan to the point you're going to mope and sit with a vote on a 'lulz, lynch them' read?

Let's check with the mod scorecard;

mothrax (4): RoboThor, Hoppster, Maruchan, MrTrow
Maruchan (3): lane0168, saulres, Auckmid
thunderwielder (1): glowball

Yeah...what is this gak, glowball?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I agree. why are you voting a "lulz lynch them" over a scum-read when your vote on your scum-read would place them as tied for the leading wagon
Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by glowball »

RoboThor wrote:So...*no one* is willing to lynch Maruchan to the point you're going to mope and sit with a vote on a 'lulz, lynch them' read?

Let's check with the mod scorecard;

mothrax (4): RoboThor, Hoppster, Maruchan, MrTrow
Maruchan (3): lane0168, saulres, Auckmid
thunderwielder (1): glowball

Yeah...what is this gak, glowball?

It is going virtually no where because everyone is pushing the Nobody Special now Mothrax lynch while being utterly distracted by my ongoings. There is little to no progression while we sit here and talk about me- if Maruchan gets to L-1 I would hammer, but right now it seems like this game is stalled while all of you talk to me about how anti-town I am being. You know what? I've been pro-town and still gotten lynched because people don't like my answers so my theory on the games has changed and so has my play to a certain degree.
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by RoboThor »

That word you keep using 'everbody'...I do not think it means what you think it means.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by saulres »

Could someone explain to me why there's a wagon on Nobody Special? I did my analysis of him but that's all moot now that he's been replaced. What else did he do besides not post much content? I'm not seeing it...
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Saulres, any lurking by him is still a valid point. He requested to be replaced, he didn't flake/get force-replaced.

His inactivity for the past two days is just as lurky mc lurksalot as a lurker who DOESN'T replace out.
Show
Join Now!

RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by RoboThor »

saulres wrote:Could someone explain to me why there's a wagon on Nobody Special? I did my analysis of him but that's all moot now that he's been replaced. What else did he do besides not post much content? I'm not seeing it...

No. Thats not all moot now. Just because somebody gets replaced doesn't mean their actions are slid. Usually they cut the replacement some slack but don't let them off the hook completely.

Its not that he didn't just post barely any content, he posted multiple times without posting content.

There is a huge difference between lurking and active lurking.

Lurking is when the player simply doesn't have time for the game and doesn't post which is a totally null tell seeing as both alignments do this.

Active
Lurking is when the player posts but they just post constant fluff. Stuff that doesn't apply to the game but makes them look as if they aren't lurking. This is very scummy. Nobody Special did this, he posted multiple times, yet he failed to bring anything to the tab;e that benefited the town. This is why he was scummy.

My Opinion on the Glowball thing: It needs to stop. Now. Either provide valid cases and reasons and defenses or just please replace out. By moaning and trying to get yourself lynched, you are a detriment to your faction, regardless of what it is. This head is actually unsure what to call you. Your reaction was scummy to Thunder's case. But its unclear now. Leaning scummy.

-Robo
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by glowball »

Lean which ever way you want, I am not replacing out because I am playing I am just not playing how you like. There is no rule that says I have to answer your questions, and as for asking to be lynched if you guys are going to keep harping on it then yeah you get that response but these reactions have helped me scumhunt immensely and I will be continuing to play.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Maruchan »

glowball wrote:There is no rule that says I have to answer your questions.

What is with your continual refusal to answer questions/deliberate avoidance of answering questions?
Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by glowball »

Maruchan wrote:

What is with your continual refusal to answer questions/deliberate avoidance of answering questions?

I have answered questions. What question has gone unanswered? I just am not answering them to your satisfaction but you have be responded to.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by glowball »

Okay... but what question haven't I answered and/or addressed?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by saulres »

RoboThor wrote:Thats not all moot now.

Actually what I felt moot was the 2nd half of my analysis post, in which I saw some behavior from him that I asked for an explanation for, which the replacement can't possibly answer because he didn't write that original post. That's moot.

The lack of any real content, that's still a legit concern, although I'm not convinced it's enough to lynch based on. Yet.

RoboThor wrote:By moaning and trying to get yourself lynched, you are a detriment to your faction, regardless of what it is.

Unless she's scum and relying on a bus lynch as I hypnothesized in Post 234. Although with the current voting scheme that seems less likely; I should do an analysis of thunderwielder and Supreme Overlord to see if my theory still holds any validity with either of them. Of course it could still be valid and now the 3 of them (glowball, Maruchan, and possibly Amrun) are just split up all over to distance themselves from the theory.

Yep, more analysis needed. I believe I'll have some time tomorrow to do so, good deal.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by lane0168 »

seriously if we could all just get over glowball not giving town reads because she doesnt feel like it is beneficial to the game (even if you disagree) and get over her not spelling out her case on saulres (because she definately has on maruchan) perhaps we could all get back to scum hunting. maybe if you would just leave glowball the fuck alone for a few seconds, and focus on who you think is scum, or vote for glowball, then we could get back to the damn game. all the people focusing on glowball and her not giving her town reads and case on saulres is really taking this game about as far away as it needs to be as possible. just stfu about glowball. i guarantee if you'd focus on someone else for awhile, she start playing more town like, and not so much like she doesnt give a fuck because you people are hounding the shit out of her which was for really a few little reasons. move on. christ we need to get some shit done here.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Maruchan »

@Mod, what is your rule on lynches@deadline? If we hit the deadline with no majority, is it a No Lynch, or is it a lynch of the most voted for player?

Not saying I want the game deadlined, that would suck. I just want to know just in case
Show
Join Now!

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

Maruchan wrote:
@Mod, what is your rule on lynches@deadline? If we hit the deadline with no majority, is it a No Lynch, or is it a lynch of the most voted for player?

Not saying I want the game deadlined, that would suck. I just want to know just in case

If you all can't agree on a lynch, I certainly don't have the authority to do so. Thusly, No Lynch happens. I'll go add that to the ruleset now.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

Right. So if we all don't kick our asses in gear by the 5th, its a NL. GOOD TO KNOW!
Show
Join Now!

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 am

Post by saulres »

Oh boy. Everyone I try to ISO, to figure out what's going on, they just keep coming back to talking about glowball. I'm not seeing how this is helping town at all. I'm thinking of voting to lynch her because getting rid of her might help us focus tomorrow and I'm going to guess the scum, if she's not among them, want to keep her around for exactly that reason. And if she is scum we get rid of one of them, so lynching her seems like a win-win.

But okay, I'll play along and act like she's town and ask her something I don't think anyone's asked before, and see if she answers:

glowball wrote:these reactions have helped me scumhunt immensely

I'm glad to hear that! So far, you have Maruchan and me as scum from well before the reactions were made, and you didn't change your opinion at all after all the reactions, so you still must be convinced. Therefore, if the reactions
did
help you as much as you claim, you must know who the third scum is! Please let us know in case we lynch you today and lose access to that valuable information. Thanks.
On permanent
V/LA
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Maruchan »

goodposting by saulres gives +1 townie point. still one of the two most scummy players here. (NS and him)
Show
Join Now!

Auckmid
Auckmid
Goon
Auckmid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Auckmid »

I'm going to be V/LA from Monday until Saturday. I'll log in again tonight to replace my vote.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by glowball »

saulres wrote:Oh boy. Everyone I try to ISO, to figure out what's going on, they just keep coming back to talking about glowball. I'm not seeing how this is helping town at all. I'm thinking of voting to lynch her because getting rid of her might help us focus tomorrow and I'm going to guess the scum, if she's not among them, want to keep her around for exactly that reason. And if she is scum we get rid of one of them, so lynching her seems like a win-win.

But okay, I'll play along and act like she's town and ask her something I don't think anyone's asked before, and see if she answers:

glowball wrote:these reactions have helped me scumhunt immensely

I'm glad to hear that! So far, you have Maruchan and me as scum from well before the reactions were made, and you didn't change your opinion at all after all the reactions, so you still must be convinced. Therefore, if the reactions
did
help you as much as you claim, you must know who the third scum is! Please let us know in case we lynch you today and lose access to that valuable information. Thanks.

Yeah, I've got a third read, but it's not as strong as you or Maruchan and I am still unsure if you two are scumz together one flip will make all things clear. I mean the reactions have helped me scum hunt, I never said the reactions told me EXACTLY who the scum are. When I know, which I suspect by tomorrow if we lynch correctly, I will let you know unless we lynch you which as I said before is still just as suitable as Maruchan.

Return to “Completed Open Games”