Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Lurconis »

How is a massclaim not rolefishing? Asking for everyone to claim their roles is about the most obvious role fishing there is. A massclaim does nothing but help scum at this point thus is a scummy suggestion.

Also while mentioning PR's isn't scummy saying we can't properly speculate the game setup without knowing PR's seems to me a scum trying to have the PR's come forward without straight up asking.
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:45 am

Post by JAMFTW »

Right, because I agree with a view given by another player means I am sheeping.

You're right. So totally, and unequivocally, right.

I hope this sarcasm is translating properly because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

Incidentally, I say pretty much the same thing about you, too, Lew. You either ignored it, accidentally or on purpose, to try and make something out of nothing. Way to get all twisty.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

lew wrote:
put aside me (simply mentinong the prs is not fishing, you clumsy tunneler)
, benmage overtly proposed discussing a massclaim. That is not fishing either.

Is is interesting because jam is sheeping you. And he must be worried about it, becase after sheeping you, he is careful enough to add that he is not sure about you and will need to "go back earlier and see if any of his other posts stick out at me". Clumsy distancing?

In bold the reference to you mentioning me. I did not ignore anything.

I am not twisty. I am still looking at wagons, and I have a lot of attention for your spot. You, lurco and hell happen to be the three players I am trying to concentrate on.

@lurco: believe me, ben can be scum, but calling a massclaim is the most stupid way a scum player could try to fish. What is your experience with forum mafia, if I may ask?
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Lurconis »

Very very limited. Played mafia in real life in high school and during college but didn't know forum mafia existed until about a month ago.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Just back from camping. Work tomorrow, post probably tuesday.

Quick question: jam, how old are you?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Captain Haoala »

haoala here.

Lurconis wrote:Very very limited. Played mafia in real life in high school and during college but didn't know forum mafia existed until about a month ago.

Very well. There was no rolefishing. Trying to make nothing look like something, Lurconis?
Captain Corporal and haoala hydra
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Lurconis »

@Capt ok even if it was rolefishing suggesting a massclaim still seems scummy, if you disagree can you explain how a massclaim benefits town?
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Captain Haoala »

How is it scummy?
teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 am

Post by teamsleep »

I said I goofed because I got a town player lynched.
vote lewarcher82

But I'm not going to do that again.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:34 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Lurconis wrote:@Capt ok even if it was rolefishing suggesting a massclaim still seems scummy, if you disagree can you explain how a massclaim benefits town?

in some cases it does, in some cases it does not. On lylo, it usually does. In middle game, it depends. I am not sure if it would, here. But I'd rather listen to the reasons of the one who proposed it, instead of listening to the choir of scum and VI's.

Meanwhile, everyone who jumped on benmage for the massclaim stuff is invited to post links to games in which massclaim was succesfully proposed by scum.

@teamsleep: Bad news, teamsleep: now you have to put together a case against me. You cast your vote. Go on and show me the case. I need to understand if you are a VI holding a grudge or a scum trying to tunnel.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

massclaim suggestion is not rolefishing. it can be detrimental when done too early, but simply bringing it up for discussion is not scummy imo. will have time for proper posting tomorrow but i just wanted to chime in on that account. i would still like an answer from jam.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Lurconis »

Ok I stand corrected on the massclaim position. Sorry just seemed scummy to me as scum isn't going to claim scum so I don't see how it helps the town at all. As I seem to be the only one other than Jam that thinks so though I will drop it.

So moving on Hellhound you said regarding your wanting a teamsleep lynch today.

Hellhound1 wrote:My reason had nothing to do with gaylord.
Therefore my theory still stands.
Although i haven't voted him yet, i asked opinions on the theory.
Someone is eager to lynch.

What theory were you talking about. Your previous post the day before on Teamsleep don't mention a theory and comes right after talking about the gaylord slip.

Hellhound1 wrote:I'm quite happy with a teamsleep lynch.
If he flips scum then vote gaylord.

VOTE: Teamsleep

Then Today

Hellhound1 wrote:Personally, im still happy with a teamsleep lynch..

I mean, in the one or two posts, its mainly about the slip.
That, ofc, could be a red herring planted by scum, but its 20 to 1 in the morning and i dont want to overthink things.

Hellhound1 wrote:
Hellhound1 wrote:

I mean, in the one or two posts, its mainly about the slip.

In mafiafixed's one or two posts*

Woops.

If your reason is that mafiafixed posted about the slips and was night killed for it what would the point possibly be after gaylord flipped town?

You said your suspicion of teamsleep had nothing to do with Gaylord but never mention any other theory and mention the slip again today.

Seems like you were hoping to push a quick lynch again today based off yesterday and once you realized it wasn't going to happen you backed off.

VOTE: Hellhound1

Also just noticed this
Hellhound1 wrote:I'm quite happy with a teamsleep lynch.
If he flips scum then vote gaylord.

VOTE: Teamsleep

You originally wanted a teamsleep vote first over gay. That seems to me like you knew they would both be town and wanted the one who seemed less scum at the time voted first to keep around another potential mislynch for the future.
teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by teamsleep »

ah fuck it

mod: i'd like to replace out if possible

this game is just at the bottom of my priority list tbh and my free time is generally shrinking
also lew is still scum
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

@DJ: I'm 26. Relevance?
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Captain Haoala »

haoala here.

teamsleep: You voted lew, and when asked for a case, replace out?
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am

Post by Captain Corporal »

CC here
I'm leaning town TS. His 658 was amazingly townie, and at the moment I'm severely opposed to his lynch.
Benmage on the other hand... I need to talk him over with Haoala.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Captain Corporal »

Urg, my bad
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Captain Corporal wrote:CC here
I'm leaning town TS. His 658 was amazingly townie, and at the moment I'm severely opposed to his lynch.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Captain Haoala wrote:

I am afraid you might be right about TS.

@JAMFTW: how many game of mafia have you completed? Is this one of your first ones or are you a more experienced player? I am looking for your meta.

in general: I still have a strong feeling that one between hell and lurco is scum, and I also feel like lurco is acting townier than hell.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

lewarcher82 wrote:
Captain Haoala wrote:

I am afraid you might be right about TS.

meh. i don't like the giant AtE and i see no reason why his lew vote post was "amazingly townie." if you're referring to a different post, please clarify(i'm assuming you meant 258.)

lew wrote:@JAMFTW: how many game of mafia have you completed? Is this one of your first ones or are you a more experienced player? I am looking for your meta.

not quite what i was getting at, but i was reading you as a teenager. in your mid-20's i was thinking you should sound a bit different. there was something "off" to me about your posting on day 1, and its reared its head today as well. when i get more time tonight i will put together something to better explain it.

lew wrote:in general: I still have a strong feeling that one between hell and lurco is scum, and I also feel like lurco is acting townier than hell.

i need to reread both of these players cause i don't see where you're getting this. i feel like both have been pretty inactive until today.

errands to run this afternoon, but i'll be in here later.

mod: can we get a votecount?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Just got my power back from Irene, gimmie a little.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

VOTECOUNT 3.1

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

lewarcher82
(1):
teamsleep,

Hellhound1
(1):
Lurconis,

Yet to vote
(7):
JAMFTW, lewarcher82, don_johnson, Hellhound1, Captain Haoala, Sleuth, Benmage

Current Deadline

Till I say so >_>
Sleuth and teamsleep are going replaced. I sent out some PMs to some people, but if I don't here from them soon, then tonight I will go to the queue. Sorry, these past few days have been crazy for me, but that has passed.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

I've completed one other game on this site, and I'm currently playing in one other as well.

I have somewhere between 10 and 15 games under my belt over on myth-weavers.com. That is the extent of my mafia exposure. Over on the weave, a lot of the games tend to be a bit more vanilla, so I'm still getting used to the variety here on a site dedicated to the game.

To be honest, my meta tends toward VI (of course, if you'd like to read through my games, I'm more than happy to provide link-age for you to do so). There was a stretch of like three-ish games (I think) where I kept getting killed Night One by Mafia (which was especially good for them in one game, as I was the cop and had successfully deduced who one of the mafia members was. Before I could set up a post to attempt to get the wagon on said mafia member rolling without declaring what my pr was, I was nked).
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by JAMFTW »

don_johnson wrote:
lewarcher82 wrote:

lew wrote:@JAMFTW: how many game of mafia have you completed? Is this one of your first ones or are you a more experienced player? I am looking for your meta.

not quite what i was getting at, but i was reading you as a teenager. in your mid-20's i was thinking you should sound a bit different. there was something "off" to me about your posting on day 1, and its reared its head today as well. when i get more time tonight i will put together something to better explain it.

Also, what in the holy hell? Just because someone is a certain age, it doesn't mean they have to necessarily sound a certain way. Case in point, many people that rant and rave on forums and the like sound like they're in their teens, but usually wind up being a lot older than all that.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by don_johnson »

its not a question of attitude, but of wisdom and content. disclaimer: iso reads can be taken out of context. try not to misinterpret my post as a series of accusations, it is a series of inquiries to which i expect a response. a quote wall response is unnecessary, so i will number questions for you.

jam wrote:Just trying to get a handle on the names in this game. The first time I saw a vote for teamsleep, I thought that was some kind of vote for some type of mechanic that I was unaware of, lol.

right out the gate you're posting like a teenager. then your "random" vote isplaced on a silent player while you state that there is no sense in voting players who have not read their pms. i don't see the difference. 1) i'm sure one can be explained, but in the random stage, what's the
real
difference?

jam wrote:Also, and this will be more than a little of the pot calling the kettle black here:

Sleuth, add more to the discussion. My vote was on you initially because you hadn't talked at all. And my confidence in you as a possible scum to lynch has increased since then. Your contributions thus far have been...lacking. My vote is staying where it is until a better target rears its ugly head.

^^ admission of hipocrisy. 2) why not change the vote here? if its the pot calling the kettle black, then why not just self vote? what is your vote accomplishing here?

jam wrote:As far as this whole "RNG IS TEH BAD!" vs "NUH UH!" debate goes. It's silly. And pointless. I was witness to this just awful game over on Myth-Weavers where a good many pages had devolved into some type of "statistics as the best way to hunt scum" debate that was mind-numbingly painful. Not to mention the guy espousing the view that randomly picking targets was a good way to hunt wound up as scum (at least, I'm pretty sure that's how it shook out). So any discussion that closely resembles that (in this case, the whole RNG thing) makes me wary. And anyone that argues too hard for RNG as a good way to scum hunt is immediately scummy in my eyes (can't help it. gut reaction).

^^ this is a complete misrep of the conversation. noone was arguing that "rng is a good way to hunt scum".

jam wrote:but overall I think if scum is paranoid about being found out due to their initial vote, they would just refrain from voting until more substance showed up

3) ^^ do you see how this correlates to your own behavior?

jam wrote:I'm not sure if Killer is scum or a VI, but either way, it's hard to say the lynch is undeserved, given his actions. With the votes piling up the way that they did, and the quickhammer being dropped, I'm inclined to think that Killer will flip town. Assuming he does, we definitely need to look closer at some of the people on that wagon during the upcoming Night phase, and grill em come Day Two. Even if he flips scum, I wouldn't be surprised if his scum buddy (buddies?) bussed him, so it would still probably be a good idea to look at the people on the wagon.

4) do you think anyone off the wagon is scummy at all, or needs to be looked at? you are basically saying that you don't like the wagon regardless of the flip. is the wagon more or less scummy now?

jam wrote:
Don_johnson: Leaning town

Benmage: Ehh...could go either way

Lewarcher: Leaning town

Gaylord: Scum. Needs to be lynched.

Teamsleep: Null

Hoala/Captain: Town

Hell: Unsure

Mafia: Unsure

Lurconis: Leaning scum

Sleuth: Leaning scum

^^ compared to:

day one wagon wrote:killerX029 (7): teamsleep, Lurconis, Mafiafixed, Hellhound1, don_johnson, killerX029, Gaylord Focker,

so you have 3 scum reads at this point, 2 of whom were on the wagon. 5) please expand on the lurconis read.

jam wrote:Lew was one of my stronger town reads, and ben was null leaning scummy, but after the role fishing done by both, now I'm not so sure. Will have to go back and see if anything major sticks out from either player.

6) when was ben "leaning scum" for you? i don't recall you commenting on or contributing to my case against him. in fact, you haven't mentioned him before except for your earlier read of "could go either way"...

jam wrote:I know Sleuth needs to speak up or get replaced.

I know I don't have much ground to stand on in this matter, but Lurconis hasn't said much more than one or two lines a post (and only two or three posts in that time period) in the past four or five pages (well, pages according to my page layout. I'm not sure if this site allows you to change posts per page or not. Not something I generally look into. I tend to leave things at default). Will go back earlier and see if any of his other posts stick out at me.

a giant fence sit with a "hey, lets attack the low content players." this is classic scum behavior imo.

vote: jamftw

please answer the questions.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”