Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:I said so before. I found this at the end of day 1, and didn't say so since I didn't think it was a breadcrumb.

You only find breadcrumbs if you are looking for them or read something and realize it's a breadcrumb.
Why did you find it on the day of day 1 and not on the start of day 2? Only scum and docs/jailkeeper look for breadcrumbs on day 1.
I want to hear from more people before I hammer first.
Capitalism, ho
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Johhog »

Has Theam even claimed yet? I suppose he's VT though or he would've claimed by now...

Theam, claim if you haven't done it already.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:11 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

@aeryung or mothras, can you unvote CS for now?( the L-2 is making me uneasy). Will be on in a few hours to explain.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Morthas »

Huh? Sure. UNVOTE:
Capitalism, ho
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:20 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Morthas wrote:I'm ready to hammer Theam, the thing about CS not being able to kill sounds appealing but not foolproof but let's try it anyway.
If everyone agrees I will drop the hammer.

You should hammer today then, let's say in about 8 hours I won't be able to be online for at least three days.
Johhog wrote:No, scum maybe would kill you if you was town and Theam scum. Otherwise they have to nk or make you confirmed townie when a kill happens

All right, I got it.

Just in case: (Morthas wait for this too please)

@mod, are players with a night-action allowed to send them in before the night starts?

If they are, I'd rather wait for Stels to have him tell us his thoughts.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:00 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Sixth

Theamatuer (3): ConSpiracy, 4nxi3ty, Johhog
ConSpiracy (1): AeRyung
Morthas (1): Stels
4nxi3ty (1): theamatuer
Not voting (1): Morthas

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for 8:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time, Sunday, September 4.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.

ConSpiracy wrote:
@mod, are players with a night-action allowed to send them in before the night starts?

No. A lynch must be achieved first.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:12 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

AeRyung wrote:@4nxi3ty: since you are replacing khondi, what do you have to say for his defense(your slot) against theams suspicions?

flaking in most cases can be argued both ways making it a null tell.

ConSpiracy wrote:
4nxi3ty wrote:Here is my initial read on D1:

It makes sense that hiplop was killed cause the only person he was attacking got lynched. Hiplop wasn't really tied with anyone else so the town doesnt get info from the NK.

Theam gives off the most scum vibes, constantly switches his attitude toward players and seems to be trying to distract the town. Even if he is newbtown his rage votes could be easily manipulated by scum. A theam flip will give us the most info at this point.

fos CS and Stels
for distancing.

If theam is scum one interesting event was the D1 bandwagon on him. Only three people decided to leave their votes...... CS, Stels, and ghostlin

VOTE: THEAM

RAWR

Town post.
Though I still am curious as to why he thinks I am distancing from theam.
Stels makes a lot more sense as he suddenly stopped with his suspicions today on Theam.
There is more than just leaving votes on him to find distancing.

4nxi3ty wrote:Can I get an ISO of my posts when ur done with ConSpiracy's ?

Why do you want that?

Apart from that, the ISO's are a pile of crap, cuz it is IioA.
Johhog´s posts seem contentless to me (apart from the theam vote).

Not exactly distancing, just odd that both of you let ghostlin to be lynched while starting a case on theam. Difference between Stels and you was his reaction was more obvious. Also theam was being more cautious towards you.

The ISO's were definitely annoying, but they were the only consistent posts. also wanted to see if they were random.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:20 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

ConSpiracy wrote:[
@4nx
: Who are your other scumsuspects?
And deadline is still quite a bit days away. So you don't have to be worried about deadlines.

At first you and Stels, However since theam kept drawing attention towards you I've changed my mind.

Won't be speculating on others til after the lynch.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:22 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

hmm... im okay with the early hammer plan
makes day 3 more fun
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:52 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

This will be the last post I am able to make and the next 3.5x24 hours I am not able to be online. So I suggest that the hammer comes in at those times.
So hammer as soon as possible then.
If not hammered in about 12 hours, it might be better to wait, though, as it makes no sense to rush a lynch when there is no clear reason to.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by theamatuer »

I'll claim, but I'll doubt it'll change anything.
Roleclaim: vanilla townie.
Also, 4nxi3ty has yet to answer the other questions. This irks me somewhat
*waits patiently for the end, drinking tea*
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Also, youhave yet to say about CS here, and why a L-2 is making you uneasy.
Its just whatever
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Johhog »

Free town cred to the one who hammers!
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Johhog wrote:Free
town
scum cred to the one who hammers!

FTFY
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Morthas »

IT'S HAMMER TIME VOTE: theam
Capitalism, ho
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by theamatuer »

Hello morthas.
you have now gone onto johhog's surescum list for being the first person to vote after his
trap
post and for lynching a townie.
Good luck, sir
Its just whatever
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by theamatuer »

4nxi3ty wrote:hmm... im okay with the early hammer plan
makes day 3 more fun

He should be killed for this.
Its just whatever
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by Johhog »

Not really, I genuinely wanted someone to hammer.

If you're scum (which you probably is) and the CS gambit fails Morthas is probably the other one though.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 am

Post by Stels »

theamatuer wrote:
4nxi3ty wrote:
theamatuer wrote:
Spoiler: CS iso
3. LYNCH GHOSTLIN, tm vote.
11.Dont lynch Ghostlin, lynch TM
13. Ghostlin only looks contentless. Ghostlin is good tm tunneler, otherwise null. LYNCHTM!!!!!!!!!!
17. Im late, TM is random, Johhogs anticlaim policy like. Ghostlin is town PR, play bad, theam buddying to hiplop, DH-star lacks reads. Scum roleclaim scum, aeryung case, morthas strawman, null, TMSCUM

CS's posts feel weird for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it.

<.< ^.^ >.> potraying CS as town, yet saying u are suspicous of him.

You are a L-1 because your actions and reasons condradict.

Aside from that, Stels is being unsually quiet recently. willing to switch my vote to him if there is a good reason.

no wait
HOW THE FUCK IS THAT PORTRAYING CS AS TOWN???

It just makes it seem that your only reason here for considering CS scum is just OMGUS.

theamatuer wrote:cause CS's posts are so attackable.
Plus its hard to defend against 3 SEs, like I said.

Newbcard-scum. Using the easy way out, making no real effort to defend. Considers using WIFOM to defend himself which is a terribad idea.
Experience doesn't matter. Proving your point does. Concrete actions/defense help.
You have experience of some sort; technically and most definitely not your first time playing mafia as well, as you know your ways around playing the game and terminology.

theamatuer wrote:To be honest though, the only one who'd care enough to lynch me is Stels, so you're going to have to wait till monday

Right on target ;D
+10 points to How-well-you-know-Stels-List.

theamatuer wrote:Yeah. If anyone wants to lynch, they should do it now for Johhog's Gambit. Of course, I will not participate since I am not scum, and so even if CS is scum, the other is most likely not on V/LA and a lynch will happen. So yeah. My vote on CS was to test wether or not he could go online.
I'll go back to my original vote .
VOTE: 4nxi3ty

You realize that when you log in, you can set the forum to not record your presence as online, or simply view the game from a logged out state, right? I think you are getting desperate here.

theamatuer wrote:Well,
If you are town, you will be the most help-
Ful person out there
Obviously the scum will target you. Also don't answer to anything you find here. Wait a
minute. Think about what I have done in the previous several posts in this page, and what happens when you combine these

Again, he's getting desperate.

D: Why Morthas!?! Why won't you just wait for me to hammer?!
VOTE: theamatuer for OVERKILL.
You cannot believe how long I have yearned for this moment. Eye-drops goodbye.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 am

Post by AeRyung »

One of the most important things that I have learned in this game is that you should not be swayed by other's opinions unless you see everything in their perspective and you see they truly fit after rereading over everything yourself because there is a possibilty you might be listening to a scum's suggestion in scumspecs and votes. It is amazing to see how much you can learn by rereading these posts after lyches and nightkills. I personally still do not feel that theam is scum, but I hope to goodness he is since the lynch has been done. But em.. before night falls, I would like to give out my two cents if theam flips town. I still feel that CS is scum. Also, Johhog. They've questioned eachother a little bit in the middle but nothing after that, nothing to threaten their position. Productive townies always question to be able to read the other player, but so do productive scums. CS questions a lot, Johhog questions a lot, but to eachother it is very minimal. And after I post this, they may question eachother a little more but if those words are not genuine in a sense, it would be pretty obvious. In regards to theams post about CS not liking to be called "con" and CS calling that situation a breadcrumb? Why would you use the term breadcrumb if it is just something that you said because you really don't like to be called con? A breadcrumb is usually in regards to something you left behind mistakenly or without notice. If you were town, you would have just stated that you just don't like to be called "con", because being town, you have a more simple and relaxed state of mind. Please don't say it's because of your english because your english is perfectly fine from what I see, and you are a smart kid, I can tell. Also, after writing my statements about hiplop and CS being possible scum buddies, I asked you a series of questions but you brushed it off basically saying, "I don't have all day you know. Also, I had a lot to comment on." If CS had town motivations, he'd be answering questions for the sake of town so they can read him as much as he questions others and tries to read them, not a smart remark and leave them with nothing. Oh yes, you did leave with something... accusations towards theam. But after seeing IC's misjudging eachother characters on day 1, I don't trust anybody's judgement so easily now and neither should any of you.

As for Johhog, I will write later if I am still alive, I need to wake up in 6 hours for my first day of class for this semester. I get the feeling I'll be nightkilled for some reason, that is why I write this. I havent completely written everything that I wanted but my time awake is overdue. If theam flips scum, kudos to CS and johhogs both, if not, you guys are going down. At least CS is. Gnite people.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:54 am

Post by AeRyung »

if theam flips scum though, i think CS will get nightkilled.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 am

Post by AeRyung »

And also, i feel that theam is town because why would he say anything about protecting others, killing others if he is scum when he's already been lynched?
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:01 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day Two, Vote Count the Seventh

A lynch has been reached.

Theamatuer (5): ConSpiracy, 4nxi3ty, Johhog, Morthas, Stels

ConSpiracy (1): AeRyung
4nxi3ty (1): theamatuer

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

Stay tuned for the death scene and theamatuer's flip.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

As the sun beat down upon the seven remaining survivors as a stark reminder of what they had already survived and a heatedly uncomfortable reminder of what they still had to endure, debate turned once more to who they were going to execute today in the hopes of securing humanity's future. This time, two things were different--first, it was theamatuer, not Ghostlin, who was the focus of suspicion, and second, nobody felt hungry.

"Of course he's scum," shouted ConSpiracy. "This is a poorly-written game of mafia, and he is scum. If we were in a pond, he would be pond scum. If we were in a sink of dishes, he would be soap scum. If we were in...well, you get the idea, right?"

"Yeah, we do, CS, but could you not talk about water so much? Just makes me thirstier." replied 4nxi3ty.

"Sorry. But theamatuer is just sitting there drinking his tea, why aren't you pissed at him, too?"

"Wait, wait...isn't the human body supposed to be 80% water or something? That's what I learned in my elementary school science class...I mean, it's gotta be easier than taking water from a cactus," said Johhog as he took tweezers to yet another series of cacti needle pricks on his fingers.

"Dammit, Johhog," exclaimed Morthas, "You're even sicker than theamatuer was when he talked about barbequing Ghostlin!" But as Morthas said this, drool began to form once more at his lips.

"I don't care, you twerp, as long as you vote with me," retorted Johhog.

"Wait, what?" interjected Stels.

"Oh yeah, that's exactly what theamatuer said yesterday. I think our moderator is writing us in re-runs."

"Fine," said Morthas, "Either way, sure, I'll vote with you."

"Fine. Let's get this over with. Stels, do you wanna do your whole heroic vote shtick thing even though Morthas just dropped the hammer?"

"Oooooooh, yes, yes, yes! Wait, let me get my superhero costume!"

Stels ran off, but by the time he returned with his Mighty Thor costume that he saved through the apocalypse, theamatuer was already dead...the remaining players had taken theamatuer's pot of tea, boiled it to an exceedingly high temperature, and began pouring it over theamatuer until he succumbed to his burns.

Theamatuer may have been only vanilla, but in death, he remained on fire.

theamatuer,
Vanilla Townsperson
, was boiled alive on Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Players with access to QTs may now use them. Any and all night actions are due to me by 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, on Thursday, September 1.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

It had been another troubling day for the survivors as they laid down that night to futilely try to get some rest. But with what had been done to hiplop the night before, sleep was a luxury that they felt they could ill afford. Especially Morthas. You see, Morthas saw it as his job to protect the survivors from murders like that. And especially after Ghostlin was barbequed to death, Morthas knew he was the only one who could prevent the scum faction from performing its bloody work.

Kind of a lot on your plate when all your group has to work with is Stels's Mighty Thor costume, you know?

That night, Morthas was keeping his vigil over another player, when a figure appeared to him in the shadows. Weakly standing up, he faced the figure.

"What is it you want?"
"Oh...the same as before. It never changes."
"You mean how you killed hiplop?"
"Yes."
"Well...I cannot allow that this time."

At this, the figure laughed. "Who said anything about you allowing me to kill this particular one of your precious survivors? You betrayed yourself with how thirsty you showed yourself to be when we all killed theamatuer. Do you remember the water I then gave you for tonight?"

"Yes..." came the still weaker reply from Morthas.

The figure walked over to Morthas's canteen and shook it. It was nearly empty.

"Hmmm...looks like you don't have much time left. Physician, heal thyself." The figure reached over and slung something around Morthas's neck, and with that, the mysterious figure was gone.

When the survivors awoke in the morning, they found Morthas's body lying flat against the desert ground, with another note attached to him, which read,

Water, water everywhere, and not a drop
to
you should drink.

Morthas,
Town-Aligned Doctor,
was poisoned on Night Two.

It is now Day Three. The deadline is currently set for 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time, on Thursday, September 22. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch, and 3 to no-lynch.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”