Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 am

Post by zoraster »

no idea whythat happened. the first time it was basically because i replaced in and had no idea what was goingon in the game. the next though??
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Regfan wrote:
mykonian wrote:Scum shot Ythill N1 (protected), fate night 2 3 and 4. Since Fate was protected N2, kills on N2 and N3 didn't go through.

LOL
LOOOOOL
LOOOOOOOOOOOL
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

why didn't N3 go through?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Regfan »

shaft.ed wrote:why didn't N3 go through?

Eli wasn't a doctor, he was a white mage. If he targets someone they can't be night killed the night it's used
and
the next night.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

jeez thats powerful
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by Regfan »

Yeah but too be fair mafia have a janitor
and
a mafia ninja so I was essentially useless at mafia-catching and was only able to confirm-self with my power.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Heh,

Congrats town.

I did nothing to help, I realise.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:01 am

Post by mykonian »

Regfan wrote:Yeah but too be fair mafia have a janitor
and
a mafia ninja so I was essentially useless at mafia-catching and was only able to confirm-self with my power.

I have to say, the last bit wasn't intended. You all gave me a few scares when you checked the flash. (Tajo not being able to find the town roleblocker. My first reaction was "Oh god. I did check that right?"). And naturally Amruns one shot claim. And the tracker... I guess scum could still fakeclaim it, but by checking farside many times, he couldn't have been scum.

As for balance, I fear this is one of the games where the winning party will always say they had the stronger roles. As indicated before, my reviewer didn't think the white mage would get any protect. If scum hadn't been slaughtered this way, town might very well have complained about the Janitor (and the tracker about the ninja).

And uhm, a question to the players: if I were to do a flash mafia again, where can I improve? Should the setup include more or less powerroles? Do I need to post more votecounts? does the setup need more out of thread communication (masons, lovers)? shorter or longer deadlines? Should I actually enforce deadlines? Should I prod earlier (2 days was the time I waited now)? Well, whatever you can think of: how can I make this better?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

Deadlines would be good. Not sure about the ninja/janitor combo. There was something missing from this game and I cant put my finger on it. It might have been a presence of a scum team.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GG town. I know you wanted my blood, but you'll just have to wait.

Well played, Elli.

Fate gets no cred. :D
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:04 am

Post by shaft.ed »

myko, i think the game was well run. With the wicked pace, deadlines wouldnt have come into play.

As far as balance goes that's really hard to assess given the replacements and the scum getting utterly steamrolled. One thing about Docs is that they are a lot more swingy than people give them credit for. While most of the time they dont do anything, when they are successful they can cripple a scumteam.

I havent seen your other Flash Mafia setups, but if you're planning a fourth I would say don't feel pressure of making it a "new" setup. Revisiting previously used roles isn't a bad thing.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:51 am

Post by springlullaby »

Regfan wrote:Also his avatar looks cruel so the odds he's mafia increases.

It's not cruel, it's mysteriously mysterious. And it's subliminally tricking you into doing my biding.

GG town, I had a great time playing with everyone.

Ythill: You guys are forgetting him in the ending credits roll. He was so obtown he attracted both NK and Doc save N1. And managed to make my slot safe, outshining both my lurkiness and natural scumminess as town. Replacing for him was cool.

VPBaltar: I think you read pretty town when you replaced in. Though it was funny how you managed to piss off farside forever. Also DGB was right about tajo.

Ellibereth: Great play. Keeping low profile but still being obtown. Still not sure how you managed it. Curious if the vanilla claim, which was a good move too, was motivated by shafted and I crumbing doc.

Llamarble: Dunno, you just read scum to me till massive evidence.

Mastin2: Hard spot to replace in I guess. Maybe if you had kept Fate alive to power the porochaz wagon for you and targeted one of the possible doc instead. But I guess his 'there is no doc' taunt got you.

Porochaz: You're good at this whole active lurking business :P

Farside: I think you managed to be really obtown. But it was funny how the whole 4 scum paranoia was only fuelled by the more people saying that it was unlikely.

shaft.ed: I wish I had been around for the vengeful game. I'd wanted to be a katana wielding suicide bomber. I think you were pretty level headed and logical.

Regfan: I still don't know why you pushed for the massclaim so hard, I guess because you didn't want to hit the doc. Not a bad move though. And yeah, congrats for being right about the ninja.

a girl on the internet: I think your lynch wasn't a bad lynch, it avoided the doc claiming while eliminating a scummy player.

Fate: Cool gambit. Though I'm curious how you correctly read Lamarbles as town because he was pretty scummy to me.

Me: I think I was ok, having good town reads. I'm filling PR paranoia away in my stash of secret towntells.

Myko: The final lynch scene was lame, there wasn't even a votecount. :P But you are forgiven because the player list you gathered was great, and the setup fun. I think it is balanced everything considered. Had a great time playing, thanks for hosting :)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:56 am

Post by springlullaby »

mykonian wrote: There was a graveyard, full of dead people: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/LLYfvk5P7DD3

Link = 403 Fobidden. :c
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

it's nothing worth reading. :P

And forgot to say thanks myko! Top notch player list was the only reason I replaced in because I really didn't have the time. I'm glad I decided to take a chance though. I needed an easy win after some tough losses lately. :P
YOUR AD HERE

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by mastin2 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/bRM7pMfaf3kNZ

You guys hit me with the WORST possible timing.

Last week, from Sunday Night until...well, now, I was on slight V/LA. An extremely Hectic week, probably the most busy of the year. (And it was something I completely had forgotten how bad it was, so I didn't see it coming. :/) I had far less time to devote to the game than I needed, at the time I needed it the most.

Said "slight V/LA" turned into "full V/LA" on Thursday, and "Absolutely ZERO Access" from Friday until now, Sunday Night. (And I'll still be V/LA until the morning. :P)

As you can see, I actually did have a plan this game. Not a very GOOD plan, mind you (I knew I was quite screwed :P), but a plan, nonetheless! :P I'm not on my desktop, but when I'm back, I'll give you the link to my MaScum2 quicktopic (virtually deserted, as it wasn't long before I started using the above) and the link to my pseudo-MasTown2 Quicktopic (actually has more posts in it than most of my town Quicktopics :P).

This game is yet more proof of the age-old concept:
I'm a dangerous scum player...in THEORY. (Look at what I was saying in there, and I think you'll know why. I saw shaft.ed setting himself up as Doctor Red Herring, among others. And I knew how to manipulate the strings of at least one player into thinking I was town. I know the theories, I know the moves, I knew what I needed to do to pull the right strings, and pulled many of the correct moves I needed to.) But when it comes to actual PRACTICE, I kinda...well, suck. :P (My strategy was high-risk, high-reward, and while it short-term gave me the reward as I had intended, I wasn't around to make sure it KEPT on giving the reward and the Risk began to take over due to my absence. If that makes sense.)

And, yeah. I knew when I came in, it was gonna be pretty much a guaranteed scum loss. (Theoretically, it was still possible to win. If I could get Marble lynched, Farside NK'd, Poro lynched, VP lynched, and then Shaft.ed lynched.
...You can see how much of a stretch that was. :P)

Since that was not going to be a real option, I figured I'd have as much fun as I could, and that in the effort of having fun, I might somehow miraculously convince people I was town. :P (It worked with Regfan, at least, and did buy me a day of life! :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:45 am

Post by shaft.ed »

mastin I really appreciate your epic effort put into games
but i really wish you had put as much into the game thread as you did your quicktopic
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 am

Post by springlullaby »

Could someone copy pasta the quicktopic content for poor censorship victim me?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I PM'ed the scum QT to you. Had to manually go through and remove all of mastin's smilies before it would let me post it.
YOUR AD HERE

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 am

Post by mastin2 »

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FqZvsWDGr8xUG
^My personal scum QT. Deserted, since I switched over to the private one once Zoraster got lynched.
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/tG3cSXZUbvy
^My "personal town QT".

shaft.ed wrote:mastin I really appreciate your epic effort put into games
but i really wish you had put as much into the game thread as you did your quicktopic
It's a classic difference between Mastin as town and Mastin as scum. Mastin as town posts in-thread a lot and neglects his quicktopic. Mastin as scum posts in-QT a lot and neglects his thread. :P (Considering the content of the posts, this is not as bad as it sounds. You DO realize I ramble in QTs a lot, right? Would you prefer those ramblings be in the thread instead? :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Ellibereth »

holy shit mastin
>.>
FLASH OF GREEN
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:28 am

Post by shaft.ed »

rambling in thread would have prevented your lynch I'm pretty sure
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:58 am

Post by springlullaby »

mastin2 wrote:http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FqZvsWDGr8xUG
^My personal scum QT. Deserted, since I switched over to the private one once Zoraster got lynched.
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/tG3cSXZUbvy
^My "personal town QT".

shaft.ed wrote:mastin I really appreciate your epic effort put into games
It's a classic difference between Mastin as town and Mastin as scum. Mastin as town posts in-thread a lot and neglects his quicktopic. Mastin as scum posts in-QT a lot and neglects his thread. :P (Considering the content of the posts, this is not as bad as it sounds. You DO realize I ramble in QTs a lot, right? Would you prefer those ramblings be in the thread instead? :P)

It's funny the reason why I didn't buy the too scummy too be scum scenario from you is because I had you confused with another player, Alduskkel, who knows to play VI town as scum and pulled that one perfectly in a newbie game I IC'ed. I had a post typed up to persuade Regfan that Refuge in Stupidity is what you were attempting again, only to realize it wasn't you when I went looking for the ancient link. But the idea that it was what you were doing took hold with me so...
Also I think your lurking hurt more than it helped. There were lurkers from both town and scum side so it was a null-tell at best within the frame of this game, and it kinda landed Amrun in a world of trouble too.

VP Baltar wrote:I PM'ed the scum QT to you. Had to manually go through and remove all of mastin's smilies before it would let me post it.

Thank you, it was an entertaining read. :) I think tajo looked liked dangerous scum in there.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Amrun »

My whole purpose in this game was to die distancing.

It didn't work. :(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Ellibereth »

On lurking:

Ellibereth wrote:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/search.php?a ... 0&sr=posts
This guy is still scum btw.

Ellibereth wrote:LLAMA
THOROUGH THIS

http://mafiascum.net/forum/search.php?a ... 7&sr=posts

DEAD
MAN
WALKING

Ellibereth wrote:This caught Tripod first and then Zor later.
Third charm?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... 4&sr=posts
FLASH OF GREEN
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Llamarble »

I wonder if we'd have lynched him today if he'd just posted everything from his mastinscum QT in thread Fate style...
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts. When I correctly Doc crumbed a protect on Ythill.
shaft.ed wrote:He was bleeding town N1.

pay more attention scum!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”