Newbie 1151 ÔÇô Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Johhog »

Bah?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Isa »

I'm calmer now.

Still, VOTE: Xeras
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Xeras »

So why would the mafia kill of lynchbait?

Derp. To make it look like the mafia is newbscum.

Vote Krazy
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:26 am

Post by racerman13 »

Derp.
Vote: Xeras

Reasons in my last post D1.

Isa, reasoning?
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:31 am

Post by Xeras »

racerman13 wrote:I can say this with confidence: If Lord/M is town, then Xeras is scum.

Racerman, reasoning?
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Isa »

Racerman, did you read the posts I made yesterday? Nothing has changed in my eyes.
Lär Känna En Isa

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Krazy »

Xeras wrote:
So why would the mafia kill of lynchbait?

Derp. To make it look like the mafia is newbscum.

Does this have anything to do with the vote that follows it?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Krazy »

I don't want to distract from the game, and please do not just respond to this instead of addressing what else is going on. I would wait to post this until everyone has responded to night events etc. but my internet is really erratic lately, and I really enjoyed the responses to this yesterday, so I will post it now.

That all said...

Let's play... SCUMHAMMER VS BADHAMMER!

Rules are the same as before: at least one is scum, at least one is town. Only play if you want to!

Game 1: Player 1 Hammers Player Z:
Ive spent about a day calculating this. Recent post say its now best and back up the scum flip

NO ONE POST UNTIL SCENE, catchup over night

Vote Player Z

*blam*

Game 2: Player 2 Hammers Player X:

Player K wrote:
Player P, just wondering, why would you replace into a game if you think it's too long to actually read all of it?

i didn't check to see how long the game was before replacing in. i saw a game that needed a spot, and that's as far as i read. it's how i ended up in a 35 page game a while back.

also, Player X is at l-1.

vote: Player X

oops.

Game 3: Player 3 hammers Player B
Fine whatever.

unvote; vote Player B

Game 4: Player 4 hammers player I:
Waited enough.

Unvote, Vote: Player I

Game 5: Player 5 hammers player P

Damn it ...

I'm a compulsive hammerer guys, sorry...

unvote
VOTE: Player P

Hope it hits scum at least.
vote conspiracy
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:30 am

Post by racerman13 »

You hammered someone you had not even expressed suspicion of before (if so, not much at all). You had no reason to do that except to get town out of the way.

Krazy, here it is:

1. Scum
2. Town
3. Scum
4. Town
5. Scum
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by Stels »

FLUFF POST

Hello again.
Sorry for my absence, but my computer ran into technical difficulties and was on the verge of breaking down. Was my only computer here too >_>
I can see that a lot has happened since I was on my emergency, devoid of any internet V/LA...
Will do a re-read of what happened, but as far as I can see, Lord was lynched and IIRC my vote was on him. >_>
Just a plain status post that means nothing, just notifying of my presence and that I'm back in the game.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Uite »

[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:43 am

Post by racerman13 »

Some activity guys?
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Isa »

We went through that phase during twilight.

I want someone to put Xeras at L-1.
Lär Känna En Isa

Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Stels »

Wall Ahoy!~
-ish

Replying to some previous posts in the game that I just felt like answering as well.
Read and reply on the go.
Here we go~
Krazy wrote:
Stels wrote:
I'm wondering why you use your weak gut-based case on someone who only posted once,
instead of going along with the current game and it's current players.

Did you seriously just ask me why I didn't sheep?

Stels wrote:
Why are we considering this? Your vote is on me. Are we flip-flopping here? Your ISO never showed any signs toward this analysis.

>implying changing suspicions based on new information is "flip-flopping"
>implying you can't ask questions or consider scenarios other than where your current vote is
>implying my iso should show suspicions of a combination of players when one of those players had not actually posted yet

Krazy wrote:Lord lists Epsilon here as one of his top three candidates--yet he has not even said Epsilon's name yet before this post. Seems pretty random.

Sheeping isn't what you should have done, you should have been contributing to the current game while I posted more of my thoughts as I only posted once, instead of going down the easy way out, that being my point. Sheeping actually would have helped you keep face though if that was the only thing that you consider after reading my question.
Hey, anyone want a fun picture?
You do?
Here you go!
Spoiler: Fun picture is Fun ;D

So if you think that Isa is scum along with Lord, you should have followed that up with a vote in that situation instead of continuing this pointless charade.
The fact that you stated that without the change in vote was pointless in the pressure and case department. It can also be considered random because of your vote staying on me at that time. Just like you called that out to Lord. Not the same situation, but almost identical.

Lord wrote:Stels doesn't have the strongest scumread on you (that's me). But when I'm gone (IF I'm gone today), you know she'll tunnel full thrusters on you (please keep this prediction in mind, everyone).

<3
Also, I'm male.

Lord wrote:Given that I have a scum read on Krazy, this is irrelevant to the point of hilarity. Are you being serious?

Scum can be jackasses too. =/ I'm tempted to be a jackass in this game, but the fact that it's a newbie game limits me from doing that.

Lord wrote:This is the way I would react if I were you, but annoying nonetheless ). No, I'm not unlynchable, but there are 2 scum in this setting. You can be convinced 1 person is scum, but that doesn't go to you as everyone else being town. That's the aim of the question, and I think Epsilon got it right.

Sorry for being annoying here. Better use of language and situation description help. Ofc, I don't consider that everyone here is town. Even if I'm convinced that both of you are scum, I still look at other people.

Lord wrote:2. It is normal for town to develop reads in time. And change perspective and stuff. You are the kind of person that doesn't want to be wrong, whether this wrongness comes from further evidence, second-guessing yourself, or being contradicted. And I feel for that, I really do, but it just doesn't work in Mafia ).

Sorry, but if you're reading this now, I think you should understand where I was heading with this through this catch-up post =/
I can admit mistakes, my reads change too, but I follow them up with some type of definitive action at the same time (a vote of some sort or unvote of the current person I'm voting) instead of giving it, what, 2 pages to finally unvote/vote on the '
other scum-partner
' who wasn't mentioned as much as the main scum suspect was (Isa).

Krazy wrote:If Lord had claimed before he replaced out, I would actually agree with Xeras here. As it is though, with a few town power roles in this game, I really cannot support hammering without a claim, regardless of my own personal views on Lord/Meransiel at the moment.

Claims are nice and all, but claims in newbie games, especially D1 are usually laughed at no matter the claim. I don't think you would have believed Lord either way if he claimed a PR or VT. Your vote would have stayed.

Krazy - <3
Xeras - Badhammer, Quicklynch, Reasoning
Johhog - gut

==================================
@Krazy:
Scum - Don't post until lynch scene is anti-town.
Town - Obvious mistake
Scum - Impatient bastard
Town - Game dragged on I suppose.
Scum - Hope it's scum? :3

But, if this is a list where you explicitly stated that there were
scumhammers
and
badhammers

Scum
Town
Town
Scum
Scum

==============
I think I might have missed some of my replies to some posts because I had to retype this post because I closed the tab I was writing it in...

Ranmaru noooooooo! Damn you hurricane! D:<

VOTE: Krazy
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Xeras »

1. Scum
2. Town
3. Town
4. Town
5. Scum (Problem?,)

It seems like you are trying to frame me.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:12 am

Post by racerman13 »

Not necessarily framing you, just quoting from another game.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Isa »

Are you saying you didn't badhammer/scumhammer, Xeras?
Lär Känna En Isa

Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Xeras »

Isa wrote:Are you saying you didn't badhammer/scumhammer, Xeras?

Are you saying that there is way to be neither a badhammer, nor a scumhammer in a mislynch?
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Krazy »

Xeras what I don't understand is, if you recognize that the behavior when you see it in others is scummy, why did you do it this game?

Also, please answer my question in #256.
vote conspiracy
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 am

Post by racerman13 »

I feel like Xeras needs to die. He's scum.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Hey quys, just a quick post here, my powers been out because of the hurricane and I will post again in a little bit. I want to read over everything. From what I did see looks like xeras is at l-1.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

I've been suspicious of Xeras since page one, and Xeras answering a question with another doesn't help my opinions on him at all. (For those wondering what I am talking about, post #267.) My first guess for scum is Xeras, but I don't want to hammer him at the moment. We have a good chunch of time right now and we should use it.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

Epsilon, currently I believe that Xeras is at L-2, not L-1.

Stels wrote:
you should have been contributing to the current game while I posted more of my thoughts as I only posted once, instead of going down the easy way out, that being my point. Sheeping actually would have helped you keep face though if that was the only thing that you consider after reading my question.

Stels, let me be perfectly clear. Pressuring you was not, is not, and never will be "the easy way out" of anything. There was nothing to "get out of". I have never and never will vote for anyone other than the person that seems the most likely to be scum based on the information present. Your first post me as opportunistic scum pushing an available wagon, using faked reasons as an excuse to stay on it, and your current case on me seems unfounded and amounts to little more than an OMGUS. If posts alone were the only thing I was considering, you would have my vote right now. Although town needs to not be so overdramatic or risky so as to get themselves lynched, the need to "keep face" is never and never will be the top priority for a town-sided player. Instead, that would be finding and lynching the scum, aka you.

Stels wrote:So if you think that Isa is scum along with Lord, you should have followed that up with a vote in that situation instead of continuing this pointless charade.

Scum always want people to put a vote on any suspicion they have so that it's totally clear to them where the town lies so that they know when to bus and when to push on town. I used this exact same argument as scum against Ranmaru in Ranmaru's first newbie game here, it worked, and there was a scum win. Believe it or not, the exact opposite of this statement is actually true. If Johhog had seen what I saw, in terms of Isa and Lord being a scum-team together, then I would have felt both more confident about Johhog's town-sidedness and my own read of Isa and Lord. His inability to support this made me question the likelihood of that possibility, and the appeal of an Isa/Lord scumteam became more remote as the day went on. Usually, it is better to brainstorm about scumteam possibilities first; votes should be reserved for when you are more certain in something.

Like this:

Vote Stels

Absolutely everything you've said this game I can see coming from scum, and very little of it can I see coming from town.

Why did you spend so much of this last post talking to a dead player? It's like an excuse to make it appear like you're posting a lot when in fact you're saying very little to players who are actually alive.

Stels wrote:Claims are nice and all, but claims in newbie games, especially D1 are usually laughed at no matter the claim. I don't think you would have believed Lord either way if he claimed a PR or VT. Your vote would have stayed.

You think I would have kept a vote on an uncontested cop claim on day 1? It is possible, but improbable.
vote conspiracy
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Thanks for the correction Krazy. I saw Isa saying he wants someone to put xeras at L-1 and I must have misread it as "Xeras is at L-1." I would vote for xeras, but I'm afraid Xeras might hammer himself, lol.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

He was at L-1 much of yesterday and never hammered himself. His policy of hammering at L-1 apparently only applies to other people.
vote conspiracy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”