Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

saulres wrote:
Amrun wrote:p-edit: Saulres, everyone has to start somewhere, but your scumteam case is seriously terrible, and you need to watch yourself. You're building castles on sand.

Yes, you've said that before.

I find it interesting that the only people I remember telling me my theory was a bad idea are you and Maruchan who are both
part
of that theory. If it's a bad theory and I shouldn't pursue it, I'd expect that a
bunch
of pro-town people would be telling me so. Not just two of the people I suspect.

No, thunderwielder also said it, and said it first, iirc.

lane0168 wrote:if glowball suspects lane then its not much of a story about me defending glowball. i dont think two scum would so closely link up lol. and as far as defending? not defending. i do think glowball is town. saying why she is town would be defending her. trying to move on from the fact that glowball isnt giving reads is entirely different. the pressure went on for fucking pages. what dont you see about this?
thats not defense tyvw. amrun is full of bs. what is your case on me even? gut read again? like a glowball gut town read? you crazy.

response to supreme overlord forthcoming, and i'm assuming that i can quote myself from the game to make my case using my own words, correct supreme overlord?

P.S. - I never said it was defense. That was someone else. Stop misrepping. Also, calling me crazy is not enough to discredit me. Saying my case is gut is not enough either, since everyone reading the thread knows it is not gut. I have detailed and talked about several things you've done that I have found scummy. That's how the game works.

THUNDERWIELDER, GLOWBALL, PUT ASIDE YOUR DIFFERENCES AND VOTE FOR LANE PLLLZZZ
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by mothrax »

So after a brief distraction where my mom showed up at my house with a six pack and a kitten (don't ask), I now have beer and a new kitten to help me through what should be a series of posts including my catch up amongst other things...

I am titling this post "Lynching Nobody Special for Lurking is like Lynching a Kitten for Being Cute."

Game 1
His most recently completed town game (that I see) was a C9++, he was town, he got lynched D3 for lurking (among other things) and active lurking.

Then we have Wraith's Large Normal, which Amrun was in. His iso shows only 93 posts, the fourteenth of which is on page 44... that is much less than a post a page and seems to constitute some lurking to me...

Game three is Open 318 run by Equi where NS lurked and then requested replacement (sound familiar?) Oh yeah, he was town that game.

One last one in which Town NS lurked and then requested replacement...

There are certainly more where these came from but I figure 4 is a sufficient sample size.
For hints on where else to look, look at Vi's MetaMafia...

P.S. Thunder, the word you were looking for on page 4 is adamantly.
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by RoboThor »

And your reads? Case? Suspects? Votes?

Also your title to your post doesn't really fit. For just because he lurks in other games doesn't mean hes going to be let off the hook for his active lurking in this one. Sorry to be hard on you, the replacement, but I can't just let his actions slide.
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by RoboThor »

^Was Robo btw^
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Mothrax, I tried to sum up a short bullet point list about Glowball recently - skim my posts the last few pages to find it. (Also, I don't think I was looking for the word. That was probably Lane. I think it was Lane, from my memory, but adamantly is one of my favourite words--probably because it reminds me of Wolverine).

Amrun, I wish I could, but although I find Lane somewhat scummy, I find Glowball really scummy. And the really takes over the somewhats everytime.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Supreme Overlord »

lane0168 wrote:response to supreme overlord forthcoming, and i'm assuming that i can quote myself from the game to make my case using my own words, correct supreme overlord?
Sure thing.

Maruchan wrote:what happens if one of them flips scum, knowing you'll assume the other two are? Seems it would be a nice ploy for scum to use to incriminate two townies.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If one of them flips scum, we've successfully lynched scum. I doubt that scum would sacrifice one of their own on a bet that we'll lynch two more townies solely on saulres' word.

mothrax wrote:Since I am still not fully caught up would someone mind making a consider case on glowball or at least highlight points of interest.
I summed up why I'm voting in #429, for RoboThor. Others may have a little more.

thunder wrote:Amrun, I wish I could, but although I find Lane somewhat scummy, I find Glowball really scummy. And the really takes over the somewhats everytime.
I have similar sentiments. Mothrax' reads (if we ever get them) will alter his position in that bottom three as well.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by mothrax »

FWIW I am reading and forming reads right now... sorry, trying to wade through this "caring v not caring shitefest" right now. SRSLY...

Also RE Robo 502: Aren't you the one who asked for proof that NS lurked as town, or was that Thor?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by mothrax »

Taking a break post-page 10 to get some thoughts out there...

Maru is cementing himself further into my scumlist at this point... He seems to constantly self-meta, which I see as a scum tell (i.e post 214 "check my meta" and I feel like he has done that before though I didn't write the post number down.) He also seems to resort to a lot of flippant semi-personal attacks as a defence, which is scummy.

Also, at this point I have a lot of town reads and few scum-reads, but I will say that I agree with robothor on SO. He reads as nervous newb-scum. Also, I like how RoboThor is pushing NS when there is a slot that has posted a lot less, and another slot that I have not seen much content from at all...

The little content from Ninja seems leaning town.

thunder is ubertown. I had specific posts in mind but seem to have misplaced them.

I havre bad gut vibes on glowball at this point... seems very touchy.

Saulres is newb-town. he/she is trying really hardcore and I like that.

I like Amrun... I disagree with Amrun's posts, but I get a wishywashysort of town feel from Amrun.

RoboThor is town. Wrong, but town.

If I left someone out, it is because I haven't really seen much from them and nothing worth commenting on.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by saulres »

mothrax wrote:Saulres is newb-town. he/she is trying really hardcore and I like that.

He.

Glowball is a she, and I believe the only she in this game.

Thx for the vote of confidence.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by glowball »

saulres wrote:
mothrax wrote:Saulres is newb-town. he/she is trying really hardcore and I like that.

He.

Glowball is a she, and I believe the only she in this game.

Thx for the vote of confidence.

Yes I am a she, but so is Amrun iirc.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Amrun is a she if she is in the game
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by saulres »

Why so she is, didn't notice that under her avatar.

Great, I'm thinking two girls are probably scum. I'm glad this isn't really life or I'd never have gotten married...
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by mothrax »

I love how you guys picked up the gender stuff and no comments on anything else...

So, I finally caught up... my head hurts from all of the emotions flowing through pages 12-16ish.

I caught Lane's pr comment too and I agree that it is likely anti-town mistake, not scummy.

@Amrun- when you are playing, do you ever catch things and say, oh that seems PRish, regardless of your alignment. Also I can think of a few other reasons for town to PR hunt.

I find it interesting that two of the people voting me have a small amount of content. (I'm not up on V-LA's so if either trow or hopp is on V-LA I Rescind the following:)

Hoppster comes in, engages in an argument with NS and leaves... Trow...trow has two posts... Jon had two and Kondi never posted... 4 posts for one slot on page 21 of the game... serial lurking (not to be confused with lurking) is definately a scum-tell.

I would be satisfied seeing Maruchan hang the most, but Glowball is number two on my list of scumspects followed closely by trow. I don't see Maruchan getting rope today so I will lay down my vote elsewhere. If anyone wants to join me in swinging back to Maru, and thinks we can do it by the deadline, lets go!

otherwise...
Vote: Glowball

(side note: It felt really good to type out that vote... it's good to be back.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

I do not like mothrax' catch up, pretty much at all. He put actual effort into showing that NS lurks (we all know this) but very little effort into his reads.

And then there is his gut vote on the biggest wagon, mixed in with saying that other slots lurk, which is a scumtell. (PS: It's not. And no one was ever voting for NS for straight lurking.)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by mothrax »

I didn't say other slots lurking was a scum-tell, I said serial lurking was a scum tell. The difference being that a slot has gone through two replacements in 21 pages and only has 4 total posts in the game... I see that as a tell. For this reason: People don't like certain roles, thus they replace in, see that they got that role and then do nothing. Scum tends to be one of those roles. If someone can point me to Mr. Trow or Kodwhatever or Jon saying they love playing scum I will drop it and eat my brand new argyle socks.

Also, RE my catch up: NS had onething right... the vast majority of recent pages can be summed up in like three sentences.

Maruchan and thunderwielder are going after Glowball. Glowball is intensly over emotional. There is not enough posting from people like you and RoboThor (both of whom I respect as players.) to sort through all of the mud-slinging and shite.

I comented on what I saw fit to comment on.

RE my vote. Glowball is scummy. I have never played with glowball plus I think meta is shite, so I see no reason to think otherwise other than the early towntell I had on her which was obliterated by the fact that she refused to post cases and reads and was being purposefully obstinate.
Also, There are less than three days untill the deadline, I am not going to try and start a new wagon on someone else. Especially when one of the leading wagons is on one of my scumspects.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

Why do you think glowball is scummy?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by mothrax »

Mothrax in 514 wrote: which was obliterated by the fact that she refused to post cases and reads and was being purposefully obstinate.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Amrun »

Why is that a scumtell?

Maruchan is still a viable wagon. I still don't see why you think Maruchan is scummy. If you have a gut townread on glowball but some logical problems with her, why support glowball over Maruchan?

Three days is still plenty of time.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by mothrax »

I had an early gut-townread on glowball (see my first catch up post) but that went away. Being obstinate is seriously anti-town and even when it was pointed out how anti -town she was being, she still kept it up.

Maruchan on the other hand has used a lot of personal attacks and pretty much just shrugged off any accusations, but has been on defense all game. Defense=scum.
I would be happy to rekindle the Maruchan wagon, but I don't want to waste my vote. If it turns out other people are supportive as well, then the more the merrier but the rate this game is going I don't really see it happening.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

Why does defense = scum?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by mothrax »

I always play with the mindset that Town don't care if they live or die, as long as they are catching scum. Towns goal is to catch scum... that automatically puts them on the offense, via cases, etc... scum on the other hand need to live. they cannot win without outliving the town, and are automatically at a great numerical disadvantage, thus they have to fight harder to stay alive.

and for someone who preached about not caring about votes early on, Maruchan seemed to take great offense to getting pressured.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Amrun »

Town's goal is also to not be lynched, as that hurts their wincon, too.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by mothrax »

Yes, but not nearly as much as scum. Plus, a dead townies pov is a confirmed townies pov so it is not nearly as detrimental.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

I think we're disagreeing on theory here.

I still think you could put a lot more work in your reads.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Amrun »

So yeah, leaning slightly scum on the mothrax/ns slot.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Open Games”