Newbie 1151 ÔÇô Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

oh true
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Xeras »

Krazy wrote:
Xeras wrote:
So why would the mafia kill of lynchbait?

Derp. To make it look like the mafia is newbscum.

Does this have anything to do with the vote that follows it?

If someone were to make a kill to make it look like newbscum, the person that it would benefit the most is the IC.
Though, this is all wine.

And go ahead at put me at l-1 if you really want to. Voting myself would be playing against my wincon.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Xeras »

Krazy wrote:Xeras what I don't understand is, if you recognize that the behavior when you see it in others is scummy, why did you do it this game?

Also, please answer my question in #256.

What is worse. Doing something that others may see as scummy, or completely lying?
I waited a while hoping someone would unvote, but that never happened. -_-
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

Xeras wrote:
What is worse. Doing something that others may see as scummy, or completely lying?

I think we would have forgiven you for "lying" about being a compulsive hammerer with much greater ease then we will forgive you throwing out a completely terrible hammer.

Here's the problem Xeras. If we do not lynch correctly today, we're about to go into lylo. Do you know what that means? That means if two scum vote someone, and you followed suit, you would cost the town the game. At this point, if we lynch wrong today, you're like a third mafia member. Even as town, you've demonstrated yourself to be pretty much completely unreliable.

Just for kicks though, let me completely refute your case on me.

There's absolutely no reason to think that Johhog was "lynch bait." The only person that saw him as scum was Meransiel, and let's face it, his case was thinner than a pencil. With your hammer, the chance that Johhog was getting lynched today was near 0. Moreover, if he was investigated by the cop who turned up a guilty, then that would be one player who would absolutely want to avoid letting him get lynched.

However there was just enough suspicion on him with Meransiel's "betting" with his dying breath that he was scum to guarantee two things: Johhog would not be protected by a doctor, and there was a decent chance Johhog would be investigated by a cop. This made him an incredibly appealing candidate for a nightkill: not only was he a "safe" kill (unlikely to be doc saved), killing him might cost the cop a night's investigation, which could be the difference in the game.

In other words, killing Johhog was quite mundane, standard scum play, and pretty much any SE or replacement would see that almost immediately. It does not in any way shape or form suggest an IC trying to create a sense of "newbscum" or frame you. That you're trying to say the nightkill implicates me only tells me one of two things: either you're so far up a tunnel your opinion is to be dismissed, or you're actively malicious and desperately clinging at straws to avoid being lynched as scum. Which is it?
vote conspiracy
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:24 am

Post by Stels »

Xeras wrote:
Isa wrote:Are you saying you didn't badhammer/scumhammer, Xeras?

Are you saying that there is way to be neither a badhammer, nor a scumhammer in a mislynch?

IIRC or something along those lines, no one asked to hammer Lord yet, therefore you are at fault here.

Krazy wrote:Usually, it is better to brainstorm about scumteam possibilities first; votes should be reserved for when you are more certain in something.

Negative. Trying to guess what the scum teams and D1, especially 10 pages into the day is definitely not a good and definitely not the time to talk about it. If your reads change constantly, then what's the purpose of discussing these scum teams if one or the other or both people that you believe to be scum are constantly switching? D1 we have no information and you already want to talk about scum teams?
When you're more certain is when you'll vote? Were you certain with my "intro" post? So you are trying to keep face. Why are you trying to be careful then?

Krazy wrote:Why did you spend so much of this last post talking to a dead player? It's like an excuse to make it appear like you're posting a lot when in fact you're saying very little to players who are actually alive.

Oh yeah, sorry for coming in only at the start'ish of D2. My bad. I responded to some points made towards me and what went on that was significant. I wasn't there, nor was I part of what happened in my leave. I couldn't do anything now could I? So you don't approve of me tunneling you? OMGUS? ;_; Boohoo

Krazy wrote:You think I would have kept a vote on an uncontested cop claim on day 1? It is possible, but improbable.

Ho?~
I've seen the same situation though that you just described though.
Want to play a "what if?" game?
What if I was at L-1 D1 in this game and claimed cop. With all of my posts that I may have posted and in the same manner as I am posting now, would you still keep your vote on me?

Krazy wrote:
Xeras wrote:

I think we would have forgiven you for "lying" about being a compulsive hammerer with much greater ease then we will forgive you throwing out a completely terrible hammer.

Here's the problem Xeras. If we do not lynch correctly today, we're about to go into lylo. Do you know what that means? That means if two scum vote someone, and you followed suit, you would cost the town the game. At this point, if we lynch wrong today, you're like a third mafia member. Even as town, you've demonstrated yourself to be pretty much completely unreliable.

Just for kicks though, let me completely refute your case on me.

There's absolutely no reason to think that Johhog was "lynch bait." The only person that saw him as scum was Meransiel, and let's face it, his case was thinner than a pencil. With your hammer, the chance that Johhog was getting lynched today was near 0. Moreover, if he was investigated by the cop who turned up a guilty, then that would be one player who would absolutely want to avoid letting him get lynched.

However there was just enough suspicion on him with Meransiel's "betting" with his dying breath that he was scum to guarantee two things: Johhog would not be protected by a doctor, and there was a decent chance Johhog would be investigated by a cop. This made him an incredibly appealing candidate for a nightkill: not only was he a "safe" kill (unlikely to be doc saved), killing him might cost the cop a night's investigation, which could be the difference in the game.

In other words, killing Johhog was quite mundane, standard scum play, and pretty much any SE or replacement would see that almost immediately. It does not in any way shape or form suggest an IC trying to create a sense of "newbscum" or frame you. That you're trying to say the nightkill implicates me only tells me one of two things: either you're so far up a tunnel your opinion is to be dismissed, or you're actively malicious and desperately clinging at straws to avoid being lynched as scum. Which is it?

Think of the children! ;_;
type of post.

Btw, Krazy seems to adore talking about Johhog so much. Do you guys share a history of playing together?
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Xeras »

Stels-
What does the timing have to do with a badhammer. I was stating that a mislynch must either be a badhammer, or a scumhammer. Not that I hammered because someone told me to.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:55 am

Post by racerman13 »

No, a mislynch doesn't have to be a badhammer or a scumhammer. Someone could mislynch the scummiest player with good reason (not "I'M A COMPULSIVE H4MM4R, S0RRIE GUYS!!!1!11!1!!1!1!!") and with the end of discussion for that day. We were still discussing, we had TONS of time left.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:57 am

Post by Xeras »

racerman13 wrote:No, a mislynch doesn't have to be a badhammer or a scumhammer. Someone could mislynch the scummiest player with good reason (not "I'M A COMPULSIVE H4MM4R, S0RRIE GUYS!!!1!11!1!!1!1!!") and with the end of discussion for that day. We were still discussing, we had TONS of time left.

You are leaning slightly more town with me now.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:04 am

Post by racerman13 »

Really? I still think you're scum. Telling me that I'm more town in your eyes doesn't change that.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Krazy »

Can anyone explain to me how Stels isn't lynched yet? I know Xeras is scummy and distracting but I don't see how anyone in this game can read anything Stels writes and not immediately lynch it.
vote conspiracy
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Krazy, stels post most of the time just make me hate him, not enought to waste a vote on, with a chance that he might be town. Stels is my third guess for a possible mafia member. First being xeras, second racer. I would vote for xeras, but what if he is town and he truly is just BaM?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Krazy »

Epsilon, of your top three, who do you have an easier time seeing as partners with each other?
vote conspiracy
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Out of Xeras, racer, or Stels, I would say the partnership would be Xeras and Racer.
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by racerman13 »

You think? I'm tunneling him like a BADASS.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

Epsilon,
can you expand on why you think racerman would bus Xeras today if they were a scum team? Also, are you leaning town on the other players in the game, or do you simply see the three you mentioned as more scummy?

Racerman,
what do you think of Stels? And who do you think is the most likely to be Xeras's partner, if he is scum?

Xeras,
no reply to 278? Also, can you refresh me on why you find me scummy, and scummier, for that matter, than racerman and Isa, who yesterday you seemed to indicate were more suspicious than me. When exactly did I become your top candidate?

Ranmaru,
when you get back, I have a few questions for you:
-You expressed dissatisfaction with my Stels vote yesterday, but what is your read of Stels outside of my case on her?
-Do you believe me and Xeras are a scumteam, and if not, do you have a third candidate?

In regard to this:
Ranmaru wrote:
Krazy, I didn't like his push on Stels for voting Lord for 'buddying'. Krazy then stated that he felt Lord's buddying to him was that of a town manner, but that wouldn't mean Stels was scum for attacking him. It would just mean he was wrong.

I disagree. It means either Stels was wrong, or Stels was manufacturing a reason to join a growing wagon. After all, a scum player's entire game is based around characterizing town-tells as scum-tells. You can assert that Stels in this instance was simply wrong, but if so, why do you feel that way?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

Stels wrote:Trying to guess what the scum teams and D1, especially 10 pages into the day is definitely not a good and definitely not the time to talk about it.

Anyone reading this post should from Stels should ask themselves:
-When according to Stels would be the right time to try to guess what the scum teams are?
-How is discouraging players from speculating on the scum team pro-town? That is, why, as town, would Stels, assert this?
-Can you think of a reason that, as scum, Stels would assert this?

If your reads change constantly, then what's the purpose of discussing these scum teams if one or the other or both people that you believe to be scum are constantly switching?

-
Everyone,
does this question strike you as a post from someone who is scum-hunting?

Stels wrote:
Xeras wrote:
Isa wrote:Are you saying you didn't badhammer/scumhammer, Xeras?

Are you saying that there is way to be neither a badhammer, nor a scumhammer in a mislynch?

IIRC or something along those lines, no one asked to hammer Lord yet, therefore you are at fault here.

What if I was at L-1 D1 in this game and claimed cop. With all of my posts that I may have posted and in the same manner as I am posting now, would you still keep your vote on me?

-Stels blames Xeras for the hammer as a scummy move, yet simultaneously argues that even if a player claimed a PR they would be hammered anyway. Why would a town-sided player argue both of these points in the same post?
vote conspiracy
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

The three I mentioned are the people I find scummy. As for everyone else, they are mostly leaning town to me. As for why racer would be bussing xeras, it could just be a way to distance them from each other.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Uite »

• Votecount 2.2

[
    ]
    Xeras
    ~
    Isa
    racerman13

[
    ]
    Krazy
    ~
    Xeras
    Stels

[
    ]
    Stels
    ~
    Krazy

Not voting:

Epsilon_Andrew
    Ranmaru

• With
    alive, it takes
    to lynch
  • Deadline for Day 2 is Sunday, 18th of September 2011, at 14:28 CEST (UTC+2)
  • Ranmaru
    is LA during the hurricane
Last edited by Uite on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

I voted Stels in 272.
vote conspiracy
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

That's what it says. Stels has 1 vote, from krazy.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Krazy »

Uite wrote:Last edited by Uite on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

That is indeed what it says
now
. :P
vote conspiracy
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:01 am

Post by racerman13 »

I think stels is annoying, and a possible scum. If Xeras is town, then he is scum. If Xeras is scum, then stels is town. I don't see them as partners.

I don't really see a plausible buddy for Xeras as of now.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Stels »

@Krazy: You clearly don't see my gender being set to male, do you?

Krazy wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Stels isn't lynched yet? I know Xeras is scummy and distracting but I don't see how anyone in this game can read anything Stels writes and not immediately lynch it.

Boohooohooo.

Krazy wrote:-When according to Stels would be the right time to try to guess what the scum teams are?
-How is discouraging players from speculating on the scum team pro-town? That is, why, as town, would Stels, assert this?
-Can you think of a reason that, as scum, Stels would assert this?

-Not D1, that's for sure.
-It's just outright stupidity to discuss scum teams during D1. You have no info whatsoever to even remotely judge the scum teams, as well as changing your reads throughout the entire game. Later on in the game it's encouraged, when we are at least past D2 or caught scum D1.
-Whut?
Sorry, I thought you would know better, but I guess you don't =/

@
Krazy wrote:-Everyone, does this question strike you as a post from someone who is scum-hunting?

Again, my point stands. D1 it's just stupid to do.

Krazy wrote:-Stels blames Xeras for the hammer as a scummy move, yet simultaneously argues that even if a player claimed a PR they would be hammered anyway. Why would a town-sided player argue both of these points in the same post?

Discussion was going on. A replacement was requested. The game was still going on. Your vote would still persist on Lord/Replacement even if there was a claim, but the Day wouldn't have ended that early if there was no hammer. We are given 3 weeks per Day, of that, we barely managed to get past the 1 week mark, hammer yes, early no.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Stels »

@racerman13: Awww, from hate to annoying. That's quite a downgrade.
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 am

Post by racerman13 »

I...never said I hated you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”