Mini 1219 - Bedtime Stories Mafia - Game Over!

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Banshee »

@Rainbowdash:

How has Beck's flip affected your opinion of EB's claim?
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
weirdvoigts
weirdvoigts
Townie
weirdvoigts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 am

Post by weirdvoigts »

So...are we scummy for anything besides likely partners with Implosion? And what's so obvtown about Thomith? We stated earlier that they were likely partners, and I don't see anything to change that.

Also,
Llamarble wrote:Odd vig + even jailkeeper has positive synergy for town (JK interferes with vig so it's beneficial for them to go on different nights).
That and yesterday's scumlynch make me much less bullet-lynch-happy.
I suspect either WV or Banshee was the bussing scum.
And any of Neruz/Hiphop/Implosion could be the offwagon scum. Though there was that hiphop thing which was bizarre and may have made him town?

RD counterclaiming EB is suspicious ish now but not really considering lynchdrive.

I need to go look for evidence of daytalk.

Also we'e going to be on the records page for third largest D1 ever in a mini!
Llamarble wrote:BWAHAHAHA YES YES
VOTE: WEIRDVOIGTS
What put you over the edge to vote us?

Implosion case is meh.

~Wierdalexv
A hydra of bad and worse. Let's see how this turns out.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Thomith »

weird wrote:and I don't see anything to change that.

You are more scummy for hammering with no reasoning than me voting with a reason, even if it was more gut than a massive case.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Banshee wrote:@Rainbowdash:

How has Beck's flip affected your opinion of EB's claim?

It adds up more now with a second night specific role. When you see more of the big picture things start to change. In this case there is a pattern of weaker roles, as opposed to simply what EB claimed. I see what I am looking at fitting into that more since stuff has less potential to be haywire.

Never expected a vig of any type though, thats borderline cruel.

@WV - How about posting/quoting what you had on Thomith for the rest of us instead of just saying its there. Anything new too would be nice.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

Implosion dying is cool with me. All my yelling about infiltration was aimed at either him or Elli so... Yeah.
silverbullet999 and evilpacman18 hydra
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 am

Post by implosion »

EB is role confirmed. And almost definitely town. He isn't actually clear, though, just role confirmed, but putting a mafia even night jailkeeper when the town has an odd night vig would be a bit awkward.

ANYWAY: multiquote voidedmafia iso PART ONE:
Voidedmafia wrote:
Thomith wrote:Hey grey thanks for giving me my nightmare fuel.

VOTE: Parama because you modded and played in a game before this that i was in. Hiphop you're next.

and also i have on been scum 4 out of 7 games...

So that's a claim, huh?

Thomith is town. To imply that a partner claimed scum in one of your first posts is, I'd imagine, a fairly unlikely way to bus.
Voidedmafia wrote:For me, it's more like, you've already pegged thomith as scummiest out of all of us at this point; why the hell aren't you pushing that suspicion?

Directed at Neruz. I actually think this feels a bit like distancing, but I'll get more into that with the rest of the ISO. It's also important to note that voided was the fourth vote on Neruz - there was already a wagon on him at this point. There are 19 posts between Voided's Neruz vote and Voided's Thomith vote.
Voidedmafia wrote:Oh, right, if I think you're scum. Had a post on that, then stupidly got it deleted by clicking on a bookmark. But anyways, I checked through the first couple pages up to when I switched to you, and I didn't really see much reason for me to vote you, so I'm gonna
Unvote

I still hold Neruz in suspicion, but Evil Bullet is right in that we probably need to either look at things from a different angle or find another place to go to.

Sleuth: How far along are you in reading, and do you have thoughts on what's happened so far?

Cloudocean: Any thoughts on recent events?

Parama:...Are you even going to post?

Sleuth, cloud, or parama is likely scum, which means Elli or llamarble. Not necessarily though.
Voidedmafia wrote:...Your use of ponies in place of people is slightly unsettling.

But both you and Hiphop have good points regarding Thomith. Could be scum bussing a partner, or town getting a bit too defensive, but I'm willing to go out on a limb about it.

Vote: Neruz

Thomith wrote:Town don't usually vote for no reasoning apart from in RVS, why would town vote for someone who they can't prove are scum? Wouldn't town want to find evidence before actually voting?

Yet, we're in RVS, somewhat. At this point, that slight scumread he has should be enough. You're just implicating him indirectly and starting to dig your own hole.

He votes Neruz, and also attacks Thomith for defending Neruz. So actually, Neruz probably isn't a bus... meh. attacking someone who's defending a scumbuddy could happen, but meh.
Voidedmafia wrote:Hmm, must've gotten names wrong.

I actually have original points against Neruz, not Thomith, sorry. So, you'd be right in that I'd be sheepvoting...IF I only used other's reasoning and didn't build off it iwith my own, which I clearly didn't do when I voted you. So, your reason for voting me is baseless until you can think of something better.

This was the quote that made me think it was a bus. He had original points against Neruz, but not Thomith - it's like he's trying to take credit for attacking Neruz, but not for attacking Thomith, which would make them more likely scum together since Voided would be going after towncred for a bus but distancing from the Thomith lynch.
Voidedmafia wrote:
Daytalk is not normal here, and IIRC not a normal game mechanic. You can still see them in Themes (mini or large) and open games games and stuff, just not normals or newbies.

Just thought I'd point this out because it's kind of funny with the encryptor flip.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Neruz
I want to see what will happen if I vote for Neruz.

Feel free to keep wagoning me for now, might be interesting to see what happens.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 am

Post by implosion »

Evil Bullet wrote:Implosion dying is cool with me. All my yelling about infiltration was aimed at either him or Elli so... Yeah.

Why does this post not include a vote for me?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Thomith »

neruz wrote:I want to see what will happen if I vote for Neruz.

So you don't think Neruz is scummy?

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I wish that I could actually live past D1 when I start as scum -_-. BOTH TIMES, LYNCHED D1! AAALJFAKLDJFL

*sigh* w/e. Go scum.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 am

Post by implosion »

Thomith wrote:
neruz wrote:I want to see what will happen if I vote for Neruz.

So you don't think Neruz is scummy?

I'm unsure if voided was bussing him or not; see the miniwall i just posted.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Thomith »

I missed the wall, and i must say it makes sense, Neruz do you think the wall has any flaws? in the likely case yes point them out and explain how they are flaws.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 am

Post by implosion »

Thomith, Rainbowdash, and Evil Bullet are all town. Everyone else is to be determined after some recalibration.

I'm glad it isn't day one anymore.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

So I think Neruz is town here
EB, Elli and Thomith are probably town, would not be shocked from a scum flips but I don't expect one. EB is running a dangerous gambit if he is scum so I give him benifit of the doubt. Scum need to basically sweep from here on out for him to have a chance as scum that transcends 1v1.
One thing bugs me about hiphop, but its small and I am not concerned about it much right now since its probably just being paranoid. He probably should be my second strongest town read here.

So that leaves: WV, llama, Banshee and implosion. I think all remaining scum are in that group, scum also were not desperate to get rid of me. Obviously llama-WV are out as partners. Probably llama-implosion as well.

More later.

Still happy enough about my vote.
You don't earn
loyalty
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Banshee »

There is one thing that seriously bothers me and I want to point it out right now.

Rainbowdash and Evil Bullet both claimed power roles. It seems pretty clear to me that Beck killed Sleuth and then was the target of the nightkill, but it doesn't really matter how that happened for purposes of this discussion:

Why are both Rainbowdash and Evil Bullet still alive?

Why would the scum shoot in the dark at Beck (or Sleuth) when there are TWO claimed power roles in town?

You can argue WIFOM all you want, but I'm going to say that there's at least one scum and perhaps two in that set of two. I can't believe no one else has noticed this and commented on it yet, I deliberately waited and even asked Rainbowdash about it in an effort to see who would notice and react, and no one really did.

VOTE: Rainbowdash
Your eyes are weary from staring at the monitor. You feel sleepy. Notice how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Thomith »

So, why do you vote rainbow over EB? The only problem with rainbow is that she didn't full claim but other than that i see no problem as rainbow said that if she fullclaims her role becomes alot less powerfull.

Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Banshee »

@Thomith: I voted for Rainbowdash because she has not claimed her role. If I were scum, I would be MORE wary of her than of an even-night jailkeeper because she could be a vig (that Beck turned out to be) or any number of other things. Jailkeeper depends heavily on figuring out who the scum are or who the power roles are, and RBD's claim essentially short-circuits that for town.

If Evil Bullet is the jailkeeper, and Rainbowdash is scum, her claim is likely to get EB to use his power on her, thus controlling its use tonight and presenting WIFOM tomorrow. EB will rightly claim that he jailkept her, and RBD will proclaim that she is somehow semi-cleared by this.

If EB is scum and RBD is scum, then the same logic applies except no work is involved for either of them in that regard.

If RBD is town and EB is scum, then there was no reason to leave RBD alive last night. Scum would have to assume Rainbow's claim was correct, so they would have to kill her before she could use it, especially since she never said if it was investigative. So Rainbowdash remaining alive is less likely if she is town than EB remaining alive if he is town.

Since I presented it as equally possible in my first post, why did you react to my vote on Rainbowdash in that way, Thomith? Clearly I can only vote for one of them, right?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 am

Post by implosion »

God dammit banshee is town.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Banshee wrote:If Evil Bullet is the jailkeeper, and Rainbowdash is scum, her claim is likely to get EB to use his power on her, thus controlling its use tonight and presenting WIFOM tomorrow. EB will rightly claim that he jailkept her, and RBD will proclaim that she is somehow semi-cleared by this.

Actually I do not want EB to target me, as I already said. I know a few town ponies probably have a good enough idea of why I didn't get killed given reactions yesterday and today.
You don't earn
loyalty
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am

Post by implosion »

Rainbowdash wrote:
Banshee wrote:If Evil Bullet is the jailkeeper, and Rainbowdash is scum, her claim is likely to get EB to use his power on her, thus controlling its use tonight and presenting WIFOM tomorrow. EB will rightly claim that he jailkept her, and RBD will proclaim that she is somehow semi-cleared by this.

Actually I do not want EB to target me, as I already said. I know a few town ponies probably have a good enough idea of why I didn't get killed given reactions yesterday and today.

Respond to 1239. Do you agree, and if not, then why are both you and EB alive?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

implosion wrote:Respond to 1239. Do you agree, and if not, then why are both you and EB alive?

Dunno if I agree or not really.

EB could easily be scum, which is why neither of us died which I was shocked at. Also as I said, the scum flip from VM is less of a town tell than a town flip was. Not fully convinced of him being town, but I still lean him being town. I could see scum being afraid of killing me, and leaving EB due to shifty claim. Would be happy with one of us getting killed to clear him a bit if he was town though.
You don't earn
loyalty
Banshee
Banshee
Goon
Banshee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Banshee »

Rainbowdash wrote:So I think Neruz is town here
EB, Elli and Thomith are probably town, would not be shocked from a scum flips but I don't expect one.

Can you justify these reads, even briefly?

Why did Implosion go from being one of your top town reads and one of the only ponies you can trust to being probable scum? Which flip caused that radical change?

What is your view on Llamarble specifically? Why is he an unsuitable scumpartner for the two people you mentioned?

Why would you say that EB is probably town but change that to could easily be scum within the space of a few hours?

Most importantly, why didn't you comment on something that by your own admission you were shocked at? Why weren't YOU the one asking these questions and having these suspicions?
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

Beck is a really weird kill. I woulda lynched the shit out of him today. implosion I didn't vote you because I've never had a solid scum read on you.
Evil Bullet
Evil Bullet
Goon
Evil Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Evil Bullet »

I already know who I'm jailkeeping tonight. Don't worry about it.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Banshee wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:So I think Neruz is town here
EB, Elli and Thomith are probably town, would not be shocked from a scum flips but I don't expect one.

Can you justify these reads, even briefly?

The attempted hammer from Neruz without a claim, and the fact that I really had a decent town read on Neruz to start. I have him as my top town read at this point, no reason to doubt that.

EB I think was parked too long on the VM wagon without trying to come off it. I disliked him taking as much credit for VM as he did, but I really can't fault him for the Beck push since I thought he was scummy.
Elli is town for helping actually push the VM wagon, and his reaction post legitimate hammer felt pretty town to me.
Thomith because of the pushing between VM and him circled back way too many times to be bussing.

Why did Implosion go from being one of your top town reads and one of the only ponies you can trust to being probable scum? Which flip caused that radical change?

I looked back and he works really well as scum. I actually noted that he was in my null/scum area in my night read list. The flip is what changed it though for me.

What is your view on Llamarble specifically? Why is he an unsuitable scumpartner for the two people you mentioned?

I want to call him town, but he works fairly decently as a partner to VM again. I get vary paranoid over him.

Why would you say that EB is probably town but change that to could easily be scum within the space of a few hours?

Im torn on him. I think that he is town, but the both of us being here makes me paranoid over him again. It wouldn't shock me to see him as scum at all, out of the ponies I am calling town, he is most likely to be the wrong read, but I do think he is town. Lots of cyclical comments I know, but I am not sure what to do about that pony. I just think if we nail down scum today or tomorrow, he is screwed either way.

Most importantly, why didn't you comment on something that by your own admission you were shocked at? Why weren't YOU the one asking these questions and having these suspicions?

No point in spreading paranoia. I am not interested in an EB lynch so I am not going to do anything that raises the chances of one. Depending on what happens today I may start treating him differently.

I almost want to say massclaim. We have one dead PR, one claimed and I already claimed non-VT.
You don't earn
loyalty

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”