Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Lurconis »

I still feel Hellhound is scummy and want to know why he hasn't posted here when he has been active today in two other games but didn't come into this thread.

Hellhound is still my strongest read.
Jamftw seems to be coming from just a new player standpoint, i say this cause I could see myself saying some of the same things. If you want i can explain why on a couple of your points but if you would rather I wait until Jam answers them that is fine as well.
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Having seen Hellhound
very
active elsewhere, yet avoiding this game, I think a vote is perfectly valid.
VOTE: Hellhound1

And seeing that no quicklynch has happened I think it's safe to say we are NOT at lylo.
Captain Corporal and haoala hydra
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

-haoala
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Empking is replacing Sleuth

1 more to go!
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Empking »

Lets massclaim quickly before it breaks the flow.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 am

Post by don_johnson »

emp wrote:Lets massclaim quickly before it breaks the flow.

i think we agreed today is most likely not lylo, what do you see as the benefits here? set-up isn't open.

VCA wrote:

day 1- killerX029 (7): teamsleep, Lurconis,
Mafiafixed
, Hellhound1,
don_johnson
killerX029, Gaylord Focker
, (L-0)
Sleuth (2):
2birds1stone
, JAMFTW,
Hellhound1 (2): Captain Haoala, Sleuth,
Teamsleep (1): Benmage,
Benmage (1): chkflip,

day 2-
Gaylord Focker
(6): teamsleep, JAMFTW, Benmage,
Mafiafixed
, lewarcher82,
don_johnson

ugh. sleep, lurconis, and hellhound. at least one scum there according to basic VCA theory. sleep being the only carry over to day 2. neither wagon
needed
help, however, which makes this a bit dicey. scum could easily be hiding. i like my jam vote. going to have another look at ben and lew. i like the way town seems to be divided into camps today.

Lurconis wrote:I still feel Hellhound is scummy and want to know why he hasn't posted here when he has been active today in two other games but didn't come into this thread.

is there a case against him? if so, can you point me to it?

lurc wrote: Jamftw seems to be coming from just a new player standpoint, i say this cause I could see myself saying some of the same things. If you want i can explain why on a couple of your points but if you would rather I wait until Jam answers them that is fine as well.

i wouldn't mind if you answer for him, and perhaps, if it gets colder later, you could lend him your jacket. then you guys can drive up to "lookout point" and make out in the back of your convertible.[/sarcasm]

like i said: camps.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Empking »

1. Ben may have slipped.
2. We can keep scum from fakeclaiming.
3. We can narrow down the field of who might be scum a huge amount.
4. We might be able to synergise the roles.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

don_johnson wrote:
Lurconis wrote:I still feel Hellhound is scummy and want to know why he hasn't posted here when he has been active today in two other games but didn't come into this thread.

is there a case against him? if so, can you point me to it?

Here and here.

The 2nd one isn't so much a case as it is an important yet unanswered question.

I can't believe you didn't see Lurc's case. Skimming?

don_johnson wrote:i like the way town seems to be divided into camps today.

Is this sarcastic?
haoala
haoala
Goon
haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 am

Post by haoala »

don_johnson wrote:i think we agreed today is most likely not lylo

Where is this? Or did you say it because you know it isn't? HMM?
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

Captain Haoala wrote:
The 2nd one isn't so much a case as it is an important yet unanswered question.

I can't believe you didn't see Lurc's case. Skimming?

original case isn't all that solid. the quote wall reads more like a book report than an analysis. summarizing a players actions and then labeling them scummy is poor form. the only part where analysis comes in is here:

lurc wrote:You originally wanted a teamsleep vote first over gay. That seems to me like you knew they would both be town and wanted the one who seemed less scum at the time voted first to keep around another potential mislynch for the future.

but i don't see the relevance here. hound voted sleep to start the day. this is just an assumtpion that he was stringing lynches. theres no basis here. refresh my memory? wasn't it sleep who made the slip? and the follow-up contradiction? it seemed to me(and still does) that it is entriely feasible for sleep to be scum independent of gaylord and not vcice versa. i think we covered this yesterday as well.

cap wrote:

Is this sarcastic?

no. generally players start to congregate into camps to set the stage for lategame. with no scum lynched, i think it is more plausible for scum to be sequestering themselves in one camp. i think we are more likely to see desperate bussing at this stage than calculated bussing. that is important to remember for future analysis. i think "camps" greatly increases towns chances for a win.

Captain Haoala wrote:

cap wrote:And seeing that no quicklynch has happened I think it's safe to say we are NOT at lylo.

ben wrote:By my calculations we have 2 mislynches remaining before game over...(3rd being a scum win).

lew wrote:
as we have no evidence for a third party, we should be 6 vs 3, meaning we have 1 last ML
. However, one cannot exclude the remote possibility of 4 scum in this game, in which case we woud be on lylo.

ben wrote:I don't accept 4 scum.. I asked before, I'm new to the 13 minis but 4 scum seems OP. Do you have any precedents of 4 scum??

Anywhose 3 scum 6 town. Is indeed 1 mislynch before lylo. Considering in lylo we'd have to lynch successfully 3 (somethin ive never seen)we really need to make today count.

ben wrote:5-4. Town/scum would mean we're in lylo now. But I would imagine a powerful town,
and we have no evidence to suggest that

jam wrote:Alright. We do need to start lynching scum. It's imperative, though I doubt the "four scum" scenario.

grasp at straws much?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

emp: can you point to the ben "slip"?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
haoala
haoala
Goon
haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 am

Post by haoala »

Everything else said that we might or might not be at lylo. Mine was the only one which explicitly said that I believe we are not at lylo. But I'll let that pass.

Even if it's a poor case, it's a case nonetheless. You behaved like there wasn't any, and asked Lurc for it. If you had seen it (and it appears you haven't), why didn't you simply respond to it instead of asking for a case against Hellhound? Most of all, I voted him for avoiding this game. I think this screams noobscum.
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Gahhhh!

Everything else said that we might or might not be at lylo. Mine was the only one which explicitly said that I believe we are not at lylo. But I'll let that pass.

Even if it's a poor case, it's a case nonetheless. You behaved like there wasn't any, and asked Lurc for it. If you had seen it (and it appears you haven't), why didn't you simply respond to it instead of asking for a case against Hellhound? Most of all, I voted him for avoiding this game. I think this screams noobscum.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:06 am

Post by don_johnson »

Captain Haoala wrote:Gahhhh!

you seem to be ignoring the italicized portions of my post. 4 different players agreeing that
there is no evidence
to suggest we are in lylo, is equal to me saying "we agree this is
most likely not
lylo."

captain danger wrote:Even if it's a poor case, it's a case nonetheless. You behaved like there wasn't any, and asked Lurc for it.

i didn't behave like there
wasn't
. i asked for clarification. the "case" is not substantial imo, so i wanted to see what lurc had to say. are you in the habit of answering questions not directed at you?

captain america wrote:If you had seen it (and it appears you haven't), why didn't you simply respond to it instead of asking for a case against Hellhound?

already answered. i don't have a photographic memory and the case didn't stick out in my mind as a significant post, so i saw no reason to respond at the time. i just posted a case on jam and lurc brushed it off and reiterated his stance on hound. so i asked for clarification. if thats all he has on hound, i think the jam case may be better(still waiting on a response). but whatevz. lurc wants to answer for jam and you want to answer for lurc. camps.

andy cap wrote: Most of all, I voted him for avoiding this game. I think this screams noobscum.

why noobscum as opposed to noobtown?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
haoala
haoala
Goon
haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 am

Post by haoala »

Do you think noobtown would avoid the game? Honest question, not rhetorical.
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

haoala wrote:Do you think noobtown would avoid the game? Honest question, not rhetorical.

I'm gonna slap myself everytime I do that from now on. REALLY SORRY, people. Mod too.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:36 am

Post by don_johnson »

haoala wrote:Do you think noobtown would avoid the game? Honest question, not rhetorical.

i think you have to look at the circumstances. i have seen scum and town be guilty of "avoidance" regardless of experience level. it was noted that hound posted in two other games. were these posts of substance? what stage are these games in? unfortunately, these questions cannot be answered as ongoing game discussion is against the rules. but nothing stops us all from looking at these other games ourselves and making a decision. so i will do that. i take it from your answer that you feel there is a distinct difference between noobscum and noobtown? you stated that hound was "very" active elsewhere. i find that i myself can very rarely be "very" active in more than one game at the same time. i often dvote particular blocks of time to particular games. but i will go look.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Benmage »

lewarcher82 wrote:@teamsleep: Bad news, teamsleep: now you have to put together a case against me. You cast your vote. Go on and show me the case. I need to understand if you are a VI
holding a grudge or a scum trying to tunnel.

This read off.
Lew,
can you direct me to a completed scum and town game over yours. (Section/title)

I want Hell to answer Lurcs questions in 261(rehighlighted in 281)

JAMFTW wrote:I have somewhere between 1
0 and 15 games under my belt over on myth-weavers.com.
To be honest, my meta tends toward VI .

Not familiar with the site...is it so radically different than here? 10-15 games and still newb? Playing the newbcard?

Empking wrote:1. Ben may have slipped.
2. We can keep scum from fakeclaiming.
3. We can narrow down the field of who might be scum a huge amount.
4. We might be able to synergise the roles.

PoE may help us drastically.

don_johnson wrote:
cap wrote:

Is this sarcastic?

no. generally players start to congregate into camps to set the stage for lategame. with no scum lynched, i think it is more plausible for scum to be sequestering themselves in one camp. i think we are more likely to see desperate bussing at this stage than calculated bussing. that is important to remember for future analysis. i think "camps" greatly increases towns chances for a win.

With no scum dead, why would they bus?
Whose busing here?

Captain Haoala wrote:

I want to hear about this...other slip....

I dont see DJ's “case” on JAM convincing whatsoever.

don_johnson wrote:are you in the habit of answering questions not directed at you?

I am.

Empking,
did you read the whole game?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Empking »

Oui

It kind of sucked.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Oooph...
DJ/others
I encourage a quick userprofile look at Hellhound.

I know I give game credence to games that are at vital stages/nearing lynches. Todays pretty damn vital, buttt we do not even have a deadline yet...sooooo *twiddle twiddle*...we need a sub anyways for TS.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Top 2 scum Emp?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Capt,
behind hell, whose your #2 scum?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Empking »

Mafia and and Jam
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Mafia is dead, and
flipped town

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”