Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by glowball »

OKay as long as we are in agreement
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by Hoppster »

thunderwielder wrote:
thunderwielder wrote:

-- She's been ignoring a lot of posts and points and questions. Now that could go either way, but I was looking through her wiki (where she talks about how blacklisting is stupid, by the by->thought that was pretty amusing) and in her first scum game, at the wrap up somebody says this post. Seems like similar behaviour here.
--- The whole, refusing to give reads thing.
--- The whole jumping on me for what I consider nothing (this is a grey area actually, not necessarily scum for that, BUT) blowing things out of proportion is scummy for me, plus the constant referrals to "everyone insulting her" when I don't think ANYONE has (if anything, I'll admit I've come the closest--but when others have told her she's being unreasonable, she immediately jumps to the "well, you must be insulting me too--harumph!" card, and so far it's making people back off.
--- Plus, yes I would like a policy lynch on her. I find her to be very unreasonable, and I'm having a hard time tearing my eyes away from her. I consider myself to be a pretty decent scum hunter, and I just can't shake this feeling. And if, on the rare chance that I'm misreading all of her behaviour and startling behaviour, it'll at least give
all of us
ME a break from constant arguments and having to tip-toe around with accusations or questions for fear of them being misinterpreted or her being "insulted."

That's my piece. I really wanted to include the previous game, because I think it's very valid to what's going on here.

Here you go Hoppster. If I missed any points here that others consider to be valid, please add them on (but that's what I came up with when trying to create a bullet point list earlier in the game).
But I'm really happy that Glowball has calmed down now. It's been a lovely relief, and my solid gut read has turned into a half gut read--I will say that.

The first one is not a scum-tell but a bad-at-this-game-tell (might even be a town-tell). I've been in games where the people I've been pushing have continually been ignoring my questions, and whaddya know, they were town (if it's relevant it's about a 50/50 split as to what my alignment was).

Leaving aside your gut feelings (which I am not privy to) the rest seems like a mixture of playstyle/personality. I'm sympathetic to your wish to just be rid of glowball (because I think it'd help me get into this game more) but really this isn't a case I would support over the NS/mothrax case.

lane
- Maruchan is not getting lynched. Move your vote.
glowball
- Which do you prefer, No Lynch, glowball-lynch or mothrax-lynch? Please move your vote accordingly.

Supreme Overlord wrote:Hoppster - I was liking NihilisticNinja's play. His first couple posts were pretty good; since he's dropped out more recently I don't have a solid town-read on him. I'm not entirely sold on his mothrax case.

I like my mothrax case. Why don't you? (Ie. please show your working.)
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:05 am

Post by lane0168 »

Undeiniable truths.

Glowball flip gives more information than a mothrax flip
My change of heart comes after I came out of the shit storm more scummy to her

My truths

Her information is worth more than her weak scum hunting
If she flips scum I like maruchan even more because I feel her case on me was to create discredit to me because I won't get off the maru vote. I'm not sure she will, but her information is still worth more than her play. I guess if she flips scum it could just make me look scummier for what people called my denfense and now my bussing. I trust this won't be the case.

Call it omgus if you wish glow. I don't have correct symbols on my vote but unvote vote glowball
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 am

Post by Amrun »

That vote isn't going to get counted. Don't do that.

It's a terrible vote anyway.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe wrote:V: Votes must be either in bold or vote tags and be in the format Vote: Xalxe. Deviation from this format is not recommended.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 am

Post by lane0168 »

Well when I wanna vote maruchan, a cost benefit analysis gives my vote to glowball. More information. The hard part is interpretting it. Also the closest I have is (/b)unvote vote glowball(/b) don't know where the brackets are sorry. Ill just have to vote later if you can't fix it
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:33 am

Post by saulres »

Lane, you've just risen up in my suspicions. You've used vote tags and brackets just fine in the past. Looks to me like you're trying to act like you're agreeing with a lot of other players which trying to protect glowball.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 am

Post by lane0168 »

Lol no saulres. I understand where you're coming from. I don't know how to use those brackets on my phone. I mean I know HOW, I just don't know where the physical button is. Its not on my phones keyboard and I can't find a synbol button. I want to vote. I wish xalxe would fix it
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:44 am

Post by saulres »

Can you quote posts on your phone? You could quote a vote with a post in it and modify it...
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Xalxe »

You could ask, like, really really nicely. That helps.

I'll take it as a vote.

VC coming later this evening.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 am

Post by lane0168 »

saulres wrote:Can you quote posts on your phone? You could quote a vote with a post in it and modify it...

unvote vote glowball

Ps. Your quote is only here so I could get to this page. Thanks
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 am

Post by glowball »

You know what, I HATE it when people try to control votes. YOU CANNOT TELL SOMEONE THAT ANOTHER PLAYER IS NOT GETTING LYNCHED. IN most cases I see scum trying to pull that crap and run the game. It's obvious that I am getting lynched and you guys are letting scum walk all over you. Stop. Think for yourselves. Don't let them roll you over to a win for them.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Hoppster »

glowball wrote:You know what, I HATE it when people try to control votes. YOU CANNOT TELL SOMEONE THAT ANOTHER PLAYER IS NOT GETTING LYNCHED.

Yes I can. I just did, and I'm right in doing so as well.

Sitting your vote on somebody who is not going to get lynched is (unless you're looking for a No Lynch over the top wagons, HENCE WHY I ASKED) completely useless and the kind of thing that should be taught in Newbie games. This is a team game. Not everybody can have their top choice lynched. If everybody simply sat their votes on their top suspect and didn't budge, scum would win so many more games.

IN FACT, you've SHOWN AWARENESS of this earlier in the day:
glowball (as an explanation for voting Thunder despite having scum-reads on Maruchan and saulres) wrote:Because obviously none of you want to lynch my scumreads and I cannot lynch alone.

So WHY have you selectively forgotten this at deadline when it's even more important to be willing to compromise?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:36 am

Post by lane0168 »

Does that mean hoppster is scum and doing anything to get town mothrax and town you lynched. And trying to control the towns votes? Aka mine? Meaning you think I'm town now?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:38 am

Post by glowball »

Hoppster wrote:
glowball wrote:You know what, I HATE it when people try to control votes. YOU CANNOT TELL SOMEONE THAT ANOTHER PLAYER IS NOT GETTING LYNCHED.

Yes I can. I just did, and I'm right in doing so as well.

Sitting your vote on somebody who is not going to get lynched is (unless you're looking for a No Lynch over the top wagons, HENCE WHY I ASKED) completely useless and the kind of thing that should be taught in Newbie games. This is a team game. Not everybody can have their top choice lynched. If everybody simply sat their votes on their top suspect and didn't budge, scum would win so many more games.

IN FACT, you've SHOWN AWARENESS of this earlier in the day:
glowball (as an explanation for voting Thunder despite having scum-reads on Maruchan and saulres) wrote:Because obviously none of you want to lynch my scumreads and I cannot lynch alone.

So WHY have you selectively forgotten this at deadline when it's even more important to be willing to compromise?

Guess what? I don't have to compromise. WHY?! Because I am being lynched. My vote no longer matters because you guys are being ridiculously stubborn and selfish. I shouldn't move my vote because we are not at a danger of no lynching. I am obviously not voting for myself, but you guys are lynching me anyway so it doesn't matter where my vote it placed. THANKS THOUGH
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:39 am

Post by glowball »

lane0168 wrote:Does that mean hoppster is scum and doing anything to get town mothrax and town you lynched. And trying to control the towns votes? Aka mine? Meaning you think I'm town now?

That isn't what I said, that was a general statement to all of you sheeping scum to a mislynch. I am so obviously not scum, and I think most of you know that you just don't know what else to do so you've opted to mislynch that is just bad.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Maruchan »

lane0168 wrote:
saulres wrote:Can you quote posts on your phone? You could quote a vote with a post in it and modify it...

unvote vote glowball

Ps. Your quote is only here so I could get to this page. Thanks

Theres a button.

That says reply.

You click it to get to the same page as when you push quote.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:00 am

Post by glowball »

So that is L-1, who is coming in for the hammer? Can we please get this over with since you guys are in such a hurry so afraid of no lynching that you'd lynch someone who is obviously not scum. I swear if you lose this for town, I don't even think I should count it in my win/loss stats.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 am

Post by saulres »

glowball wrote:I swear if you lose this for town, I don't even think I should count it in my win/loss stats.

Would you count it if we win?
On permanent
V/LA
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 1.13: The "See That Big Thing Out There? That's the Deadline, Dammit" Votecount

glowball (6): thunderwielder, Supreme Overlord, Auckmid, saulres, mothrax, lane0168

mothrax (5): RoboThor, Hoppster, Maruchan, MrTrow, Amrun
Maruchan (1): glowball

Not Voting (0)
:

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: September 2nd ((expired on 2011-09-02 14:58:38))

Auckmid is painfully LA until Sat. thunderwielder is V/LA. Is Supreme Overlord back? I forget.

Deadline is currently a matter of hours away.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 am

Post by glowball »

saulres wrote:
glowball wrote:I swear if you lose this for town, I don't even think I should count it in my win/loss stats.

Would you count it if we win?

I DON'T EVEN THINK I SHOULD.

I haven't decided, one way or the other. Actually I will count it either way, but I will definitely put in in the notes that you guys were too stubborn to listen. That and Hoppster gets on my last nerve, if he is town(which given his most recent posts I have been waivering) I SWEAR I will be super disappointed in him.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Maruchan »

Fuck it, she is in my scum-reads, even though not my preferred lynch.

Gowball ily♥ SEE YOU IN OTHER ONGOING GAMES!!!!

Vote: Glowball
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 1.14: The "Look Ma, a Dead Body!" Votecount

glowball (7): thunderwielder, Supreme Overlord, Auckmid, saulres, mothrax, lane0168, Maruchan

mothrax (5): RoboThor, Hoppster, MrTrow, Amrun
Maruchan (1): glowball

Not Voting (0)
:

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: September 2nd ((expired on 2011-09-02 14:58:38))

Auckmid is painfully LA until Sat. thunderwielder is V/LA. Is Supreme Overlord back? I forget.

A Lynch has been reached!

"Ja, and over there you’ll see the world famous Glockenspiel. This mechanical clock has been around since…well, it’s really really old, mmkay? And it’s still in working order, isn’t that amazing?"

At this point in the day, only a couple of you are listening to this idiot talk. The rest of you have wandered off around the Marienplatz, ostensibly to “take in the sights.”

As Xalxe continues to ramble on, a group of you meets up underneath the Glockenspiel, and soon disappears from sight.

Suddenly, Xalxe notices the pointing and whispering from the crowd around him. “What on Earth is so interesting about—“ he begins as he looks up. Suddenly he is taking in a shocking sight.

glowball, hanging from the Glockenspiel.

Tonight’s gonna be interesting…

glowball,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched D1

Night will last for
72 hours
unless ALL players PM me with either their actions (if they have one) or an "End Night" PM for Vanilla Townies.

(expired on 2011-09-04 19:04:46)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Xalxe »

The chiming of the church bells awakens you. Hey, Bavaria is Catholicland, didn’t you know?

At any rate, after a quick shower (thanks, the bloodstains were NOT attractive), you head down to the lobby to meet up with the rest of the group. Xalxe is finishing up a count as you arrive.

“Sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn…uh-oh. One of you is still in his room.” Hopefully.

Worried, you all dash upstairs to their room. Xalxe opens the door, and you are all greeted by a shocking sight.

No dead body?

Just then, the missing tourist walks in. “Hey guys. The Hauptbahnhof across the way has awesome croissants!”

Nobody died Night 1. It is now Day 2.

Votecount 2.1: The "Xalxe Demands Blood" Votecount

Not Voting (11)
: Amrun, Auckmid, MrTrow, lane0168, Maruchan, Hoppster, mothrax, RoboThor, saulres, Supreme Overlord, thunderwielder

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: September 13th, 7 am EST ((expired on 2011-09-17 07:00:00))

Auckmid is painfully LA until Sat. thunderwielder is V/LA. MrTrow is V/LA until Friday.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by saulres »

Interesting. And in a good way.

This means, to me at least, one of four things:

1) We have a doc who protected the right person
2) We have a roleblocker who blocked the right person
3) The scum were AWOL and didn't get their actions in
4) The scum intentionally didn't kill anyone.

I can't see any benefit to the scum to do #4, so I dismiss that.

#3 will be worth pursuing to see who was out as early targets for investigation.

#2 -- if it was this, good job roleblocker, block the same person tonight!

#1 -- nice choice doc, I hope you have the same luck (or skill) tonight!

Now that my triple-threat theory is blown out of the water, I'll have to look back through yesterday's posts again and see what else might stand out to me. That's going to take some time.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Open Games”