Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Johhog »

I'm a fucking idiot and I think that I basically told scum that Morthas was the doc. More content later, I'm a football (the real, European version :p) referee and have a game soon.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:45 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

We are now in LyLo, if anybody misvotes they can quick -lynch to win. Nobody should place any votes until we decide who to lynch.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:19 am

Post by AeRyung »

This is wonderful. Just wonderful. I hate you all.
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
LoL: AeRyung
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Johhog »

OK. Remember I told you Morthas was "evading"? A VT wouldn't evade (in fact, they're often, but not always of course, talkative) and a cop wouldn't evade, the JK was dead. Yeah, scum evade. But a doc also evade, because they can't get any protection in this set-up. Scum knew that Morthas wasn't scum, so they thought he was the doc. And he was. And I'm feeling like an idiot. And he was my top scum read, so I don't know what to do now.

Right, during the night I glanced over the game again (not a full reread though) and tried to get some reads. FMPOV, I would say that 4nxi3ty is almost confirmed scum. AeRyung is town, I'm willing to bet my shirt on it and there's no way both Stels and CS is scum with 4nxi3ty as town. No way. But who is his partner? Stels or CS? Originally I thought CS, my town read on him was beginning to vanish a little. But after all, I think it's Stels. I can't tell you why, because I don't know. But I feel this must be the case. My inner voice is telling me that CS is town.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Johhog »

And I see CS is browsing the forums (wouldn't he get back tomorrow?) so my gambit would've failed even if Theam was scum, I'll assume he had the opportunity to be on-line some time during these days. Wonderful.

Now I'm going to take a shower and see if I miraculously see the scum in a vision.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:32 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Ok, that flip I did not expect.
Actually both flips I didn't expect.
Theam had newbscum all over him and Morthas would be a perfect buddy for him. (and could be scum with someone else, too)
Well, I have to re-organize my reads again as at least one of my three town reads has to be scum...

Anyways, as 4nxi3ty said, do not vote. It can cause a quickhammer. Even when thinking the suspect is scum, it would be very disappointing to lose the game with something that stupid.

And for AeRyung (and theam, if he is still reading the game):

Mass-claiming

When the game is in LyLo, the best thing town can do is mass claim. A mass claim is have every remaining member claim their role to gather as much information as possible to find the remaining scum. LyLo may be the last time to use the information as it is crucial to lynch scum. Mass claiming is usually done with pop-corn claiming (someone is chosen to claim first through different ways, he chooses the second claimer who chooses the third claimer, etc).

However, since newbie games have a semi-open setup, we know already there are no power roles left. It has no use to mass claim, because every body would claim VT (every body should).

Since two of the three scum-reads are dead, I believe Johhog to be scum for the same reasons as listed before. Also, I really didn't like his last two posts about Morthas being the doc. It seemed as if he was careless with his first post and tried to cover it in his second post.

From the other three, I still believe AeRyung to be town. She posts as town a lot of times, though misguided on me.

Stels could be scum, I didn't like his last post day 2. Actually his day 2 play was odd. All day long he accused theam but ended up voting for Morthas. It seemed as if he didn't want to be responsible for the theam wagon.

4nxi3ty is also odd, too. He posts as an agressive town leader, but is on the site since March? How many games have you played? As far as I know he only had an opinion on theam yesterday. He can get away with any opinion today, which gave possible 4nxi3ty-scum a huge advantage.

AeRyung wrote:One of the most important things that I have learned in this game is that you should not be swayed by other's opinions unless you see everything in their perspective and you see they truly fit after rereading over everything yourself because there is a possibilty you might be listening to a scum's suggestion in scumspecs and votes. It is amazing to see how much you can learn by rereading these posts after lyches and nightkills. I personally still do not feel that theam is scum, but I hope to goodness he is since the lynch has been done. But em.. before night falls, I would like to give out my two cents if theam flips town. I still feel that CS is scum. Also, Johhog. They've questioned eachother a little bit in the middle but nothing after that, nothing to threaten their position. Productive townies always question to be able to read the other player, but so do productive scums. CS questions a lot, Johhog questions a lot, but to eachother it is very minimal. And after I post this, they may question eachother a little more but if those words are not genuine in a sense, it would be pretty obvious. In regards to theams post about CS not liking to be called "con" and CS calling that situation a breadcrumb? Why would you use the term breadcrumb if it is just something that you said because you really don't like to be called con? A breadcrumb is usually in regards to something you left behind mistakenly or without notice. If you were town, you would have just stated that you just don't like to be called "con", because being town, you have a more simple and relaxed state of mind. Please don't say it's because of your english because your english is perfectly fine from what I see, and you are a smart kid, I can tell. Also, after writing my statements about hiplop and CS being possible scum buddies, I asked you a series of questions but you brushed it off basically saying, "I don't have all day you know. Also, I had a lot to comment on." If CS had town motivations, he'd be answering questions for the sake of town so they can read him as much as he questions others and tries to read them, not a smart remark and leave them with nothing. Oh yes, you did leave with something... accusations towards theam. But after seeing IC's misjudging eachother characters on day 1, I don't trust anybody's judgement so easily now and neither should any of you.

As for Johhog, I will write later if I am still alive, I need to wake up in 6 hours for my first day of class for this semester. I get the feeling I'll be nightkilled for some reason, that is why I write this. I havent completely written everything that I wanted but my time awake is overdue. If theam flips scum, kudos to CS and johhogs both, if not, you guys are going down. At least CS is. Gnite people.

I said it before IIRC, but please use paragraphs, this is so hard to read.
About the con/CS thing, I always tell it that way, because asking it the polite way doesn-t work. Every game someone calls me con, I tell them "Call me CS, dammit! The abb Con is lame"
My English is fine, I only sometimes make mistakes in wording things. That doesn't occur too often and I have never used it as an excuse to validify scummy behaviour.
Where are you talking about of the questions about hiplop-CS scumteam? You are the one that didn't answer my response on the case.

P.Edit: Johhog, I was online around twelve o'clock today for the first time, so the gambit would have worked if the day ended earlier.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Johhog »

ConSpiracy wrote:Johhog, I was online around twelve o'clock today for the first time, so the gambit would have worked if the day ended earlier.

Hm, you're admitting that you was on-line? This is probably null though, scum would have to tell the truth in case someone saw them and town wouldn't want to lie.

And I'm afraid that's proof my gambit failed, because after all the day didn't end "earlier", did it?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

@CS this actually is my second game of mafia, but I did some reading before and grew up playing strategy games.

What's this gambit you and Johog are so eager to talk about?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Johhog »

If we had lynched Theam quick enough, while CS was on V/LA and if Theam was scum we probably would've won the game.

It failed though, in multiple ways.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

So are u trying to say CS would be confirmed scum if theam didn't flip town?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Johhog »

Look, if we had lynched earlier AND Theam would've been scum, if CS would've been the alone scum member, he couldn't have submitted the night kill. If he was town, scum would either have to:

A) Kill him.
B) No kill.
C) Kill someone else, but CS would be confirmed town because he couldn't submit a night kill.

Well, it didn't work, but that was the plan.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Okay this explaination of the gambit/plan (poor choice of words?) makes more sense than the first one provided.

um why am I scum?

And who is my scumbuddy, it wasn't very clear.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Johhog »

You're mainly scum because of your predecessors play, but also because I find it hard to believe that both CS and Stels is scum.

I would say that Stels is the other one, but I'm not sure.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Stels »

You know that I was V/LA and came back only when TM was lynched, right?
>_>
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Stels »

Also, this game is very confusing.
It's kinda late so I'll post tomorrow =/
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:51 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

AeRy, I see what you were saying about CS and Johhog not wanting to threaten each others position. However I don't think it is enough to make them both confirmed scum. Do you know around what page the hiplop-scumbuddy arguement was?
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:19 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

I'm a little busy right now, but I plan to reread the game this weekend with both 4nxi3ty and Stels as main targets to find out who is Johhog's scumbuddy.
In the meantime:

4nxi3ty, it was end day 1. ISO AeRyung to find it. And on your agressiveness, I still cannot imagine someone that is relatively new to the game that posts this way. Can you link your other two games please?
Stels, (I assume you were talking to me) I know that, but you completely ignored theam with your Morthas vote. If I would sum up your posts day 2 it was like this:
- Saying in every post theam is scum.
- voting for Morthas for some reasons (a lot less noted compared to theam-scum reasons)
- Continuing to say theam is scum.
- 1 answer on Morthas response on your case.

The theam-vote/Morthas-vote reasons were not in line with the suspicions you showed in the thread at all.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:16 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

First game I played was newbie 1107.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Stels »

:S I'm getting onto MS pretty damn late, and tomorrow I promise I'll post.
@CS: Yes, I understand that I was ignoring TM, but he was still #1 even to the point until D2 ended.
TM wasn't going anywhere and TM knew that.
Also what strikes me weird is, why are you questioning me about this? Is it bad to focus on other people too? Yes I was tunneling TM throughout 2 days, but I need to follow other people too, you know.
Oh please, do tell me what I said and for what I voted for then.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by AeRyung »

Since I'm getting complains on not paragraphing when I write, I shall... for the sake of humanity!! FOR SPARTAAA!!

4nxi3ty wrote:AeRy, I see what you were saying about CS and Johhog not wanting to threaten each others position. However I don't think it is enough to make them both confirmed scum. Do you know around what page the hiplop-scumbuddy arguement was?

You can look up my ISO like CS said, for I am actually doing my poli sci HW atm and just hopped on MF(BAD DISTRACTION BADDDD) and I don't want to spend any more time doing things other than my HW... I wanna keep it at bare minimum.

I assumed a hiplop-CS scumteam. Honestly, that case I built up with them two doesn't even matter anymore since it did have holes. I just felt that CS was playing favorites towards hiplop and that was basically the gist of it, from what I remember. I accused hiplop as well but I was mainly focused on CS. Wait... hmm... another perception pierced me. I will quote and all that other time consuming bs when I have the time.

@CS: I understand why you said your "i hate getting called con" post. I truly do. But the term "breadcrum" is more suitable for a scum to use rather than a town. It's like saying "*gasp* I can't believe I left a clue when I'm doing so well at being protown tehe I made a booboo" Having a town mindset, you would have not called it a breadcrum, I assure you.

My vote stays on CS.

VOTE: ConSpiracy
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Johhog »

It's LyLo, so unvote please.
AeRyung
AeRyung
Townie
AeRyung
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Post by AeRyung »

unvote

oh woops my fault lol i guess im a bit eager
Where is
MY
Eric Northman
?
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by Stels »

CS is over thinking things as far as I can tell. I don't mind taking responsibility for the TM wagon. IDC, he was my main focus this entire game. Disregard Morthas's vote and place my Twilight vote in his stead onto TM if you would like. I have been attacking TM while voting Morthas, yes. True. Fact. Do you really think I wouldn't follow that up with a vote or a hammer when the time was appropriate? I have said so before, I was always for lynching TM. If I didn't want to take responsibility for the TM lynch of anything thereof that relates to TM, why would I, during Twilight, even bother with voting him?
Are we trying to pull at straws here?

AeRyung is town, I completely agree here.
Johhog, I still perceive you as town and would hate for you to be scum.
Anxiety could be the other one here, but I don't know and I kind of doubt it since he hasn't said much =/
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:35 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Stels wrote::S I'm getting onto MS pretty damn late, and tomorrow I promise I'll post.
@CS: Yes, I understand that I was ignoring TM, but he was still #1 even to the point until D2 ended.
TM wasn't going anywhere and TM knew that.
Also what strikes me weird is, why are you questioning me about this? Is it bad to focus on other people too? Yes I was tunneling TM throughout 2 days, but I need to follow other people too, you know.
Oh please, do tell me what I said and for what I voted for then.

It isn't bad to have more scumsuspects, but it is off that you didn't put your vote on the player you focussed most on. Why would someone vote for the player that is his second scumread? That's as if that player doesn't fully believe his own reads.
AeRyung wrote:@CS: I understand why you said your "i hate getting called con" post. I truly do. But the term "breadcrum" is more suitable for a scum to use rather than a town. It's like saying "*gasp* I can't believe I left a clue when I'm doing so well at being protown tehe I made a booboo" Having a town mindset, you would have not called it a breadcrum, I assure you.

Where are you talking about? I never called my own "hate called con" a breadcrumb.
Stels wrote:CS is over thinking things as far as I can tell. I don't mind taking responsibility for the TM wagon. IDC, he was my main focus this entire game. Disregard Morthas's vote and place my Twilight vote in his stead onto TM if you would like. I have been attacking TM while voting Morthas, yes. True. Fact. Do you really think I wouldn't follow that up with a vote or a hammer when the time was appropriate? I have said so before, I was always for lynching TM. If I didn't want to take responsibility for the TM lynch of anything thereof that relates to TM, why would I, during Twilight, even bother with voting him?
Are we trying to pull at straws here?

How do you mean I am overthinking things? You might not mind taking responsibility of the TM wagon, but you didn't do it. Instead you made a hardly useful vote on Morthas, which brought him no pressure at all, since it was the only vote he got. The twillight vote seemed more like an insurance that your day 2 eventually was lined up with your votes. I see less town reasons to twilight vote than scum reasons.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Johhog »

Stels wrote:If I didn't want to take responsibility for the TM lynch of anything thereof that relates to TM, why would I, during Twilight, even bother with voting him?

That's full of WIFOM and you know it. The most likely scumteams according to me:

4nxi3ty-Stels
4nxi3ty-ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy-Stels
4nxi3ty-AeRyung

I don't really know what to do now. I can swear that 4nxi3ty is scum, but I can't vote him this early, I think we need more discussion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”