New York 138: OxyMoron Mafia :: Game Over!

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by redFF »

Oversoul wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:Far from it my friend. I'm taking notes here, I like to vary my play.. see what works. Consider this an experiment, if you will.

Hint. It isn't working.

And that is a shitty excuse for playing the way you are playing.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DavidX

Mastin, where is your charisma? Your swagger? Your confidence? I loved your play in Sexy Sedilla, but after the fail lynch you just seemed to take on a whole different air. Please listen to us that the self pity thing, while emotionally stressful, doesn't help us and brings down the mood of the whole game. I am the type of person who rides on other's emotions. If a game is going slow, I probably won't take interest in it and post less often. If a game is full of people who are geared up and ready to fight, chances are everyone is interested.

Do you still believe I am scum? Or that anyone on your early reads list is right?

yup your mafia. jump on more bandwagons!
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I think the recent posts from both Oversoul and Johhog bother further prove my point: they are scum. If you don't think one is scum, vote the other. I feel confident in my reads this game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I remember why I hated this game.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Vifam »

I'll never EVER understand why people get angry over getting fos'd, it's mafia, it's to be expected, are you really that sensitive?

I have to do a reread of this thread, I guess.
ok
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Are you referring to me?
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Vifam »

Oversoul, but I guess that implies you too.
ok
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Vifam wrote:I'll never EVER understand why people get angry over getting fos'd, it's mafia, it's to be expected, are you really that sensitive?

I have to do a reread of this thread, I guess.

It isn't the FoSing that has me mad, it is the idiotic reasoning that people use to justify their accusations that get me mad. That and no one listens to me.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by redFF »

BUT UR MAFIA
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Johhog »

projectmatt wrote:
Johhog wrote:Mainly my wagoning, reaction testing and also you're criticising policy votes and think they're scummy. I mean, really?

"your wagoning"

You mean your random read that comes out of nowhere that consists of you telling everyone to join their wagon in all caps and then two seconds later you never mention this read again. (but you don't unvote, of course.) And you don't even mention this player in your LIST OF READS after you go for the wagon.

"your reaction testing"

You mean your subtle attempts to get Vifam quicklynched out of anger when he does nothing scummy in particular? The three page wall-of-text flamewar that you get aggressive in for no particular reason is a reaction test?

"your policy votes"

Lynching the lurkers, the VI's or the people you don't like is anti-town. Why? Because it doesn't mean you are lynching the scum. It means you are lynching the people you don't like, not the scum. That's playing against your win condition.

So yeah, I mean, really.

You're seriously opposed to wagoning? Noted. And you can't even pretend that you thought I wanted to quicklynch Vifam. Hilarious. Policy VOTES. Learn to read my friend.

Anyone who wants me to respond to Matt's whole
piece of crap
"case"?
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 am

Post by projectmatt »

I'm opposed to scum jumping on random wagons to bus their partners. What? Are you trying to tell me it was for pressure? Policy votes are, yes, anti-town.

Respond to it. I dare you. You seem so confident that my reads are pure trash that I would like you to.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Johhog »

Will respond to it then.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Johhog »

projectmatt wrote:Page nine. I
retract
my town read on Johnhog for an overly defensive and just completely terrible attempt at a case on Vifam. I have a fairly strong town read on Foolish Fool for seeming genuinely interested in catching the scum, but I guess it's more of a gut read. He just has this feeling about him that makes me believe he is town. I am trying to post roughly every ten pages just so I can stay consistent with my thought process.

Ergo, reads as of the start of page nine:

Town: Empking, Foolish Fool,

Scum: Oversoul, Johnhog

Lolfail. It never crossed your mind that I wasn't trying to build a case on Vifam? :roll:
projectmatt wrote:Page 19:

Argument between Johnhog and Vifam is one of the most pointless things I have ever had the displeasure of reading in my experience of playing mafia. I think Vifam is town after it, though. I think Johnhog sounded way too desperate to prove that he was in fact not looking at the thread, and he over reacted so badly it makes me want to quicklynch him. Oh, and accusing Vifam of a scumslip based off of nothing is even worse. +scum points to him. Also, please do not insult EM players. It is my home. :(

Johhog wrote:Vifam, are you scum?

What the
fuck was the point of asking this?
This was after the big argument. He doesn't focus on any other player aside from Vifam, he doesn't give reads, he doesn't show interest in scumhunting. He just wants to stir up trouble. Biggest scum read so far. I don't buy the reaction test.

Other notes: I like David's stubbornness. A lot. Bomberman's condescending attitude annoys the fuck out of me. You aren't smarter then anyone else by using insults. Please don't pretend to be. I'm thinking he is town though. Oversoul throwing in the towel was a somewhat towntell. Though, judging by the post directly above me, it doesn't look like he actually did. He is null until I examine further play.

Johnhog: Stop being a pretentious douchebag. Quoting the dictionary to prove a point? Really?

Vifam: Can you pay more attention to other players please? I dislike it when it's a wall of text singled on only two players.

Mastin: Why did you have a town read on Johhog on page 13?

Town: Empking, David, Bomberman, Vifam, KDCA(?)*

Scum: John, Mastin, Oversoul(?)*

*reads that I am only somewhat sure on

Desperate? Even more fail. You wouldn't take the time to prove that an accusation was totally invalid if you had the chance to? And I insult EM players all that I want. Sorry if you take issue, but if you look at the forums the EM players is usually bad (yes I'm an EM player too so I believe I have some sort of right to complain about EM).

And well, that question to Vifam was a light joke, I decided the test was over. I could say the same about you Matt. You're tunneling, you're acting like you have a case on me when you have nothing and your whole behaviour is anti-town. Also, you "don't buy" the reaction test? What the fuck do you think I was doing then?

Your a VI though and not scum, this is a typical failcase from town. Also, a protip: stop being an asshole.
projectmatt wrote:Back to reading.

No i haven't played with emp before.

secondly, really?

I will not attempt to use meta too much, but this is just a plain out lie. I have been in games with KDCA where KDCA has played and interacted with Empking. Read: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 52&t=17571 Not saying this is scum, but I wanted to point it out.
'
Having that said, I will by policy UNVOTE: Vifam (didn't realise I still voted him), VOTE: Oversoul even while he is reading town to me.
Selfvoters must die. If he is scum, we're lucky. If he is town, he is playing against his wincon and should GTFO if he doesn't unvote now.

This is an anti-town post. Don't tell me it isn't. The goal is to lynch the scum, not to lynch the people who you think are playing badly. If this is the case, why didn't he lynch Vifam after thinking he was a VI earlier? Johnhog is scum. And Vifam is town.

Johnhog later stated he was just voting Oversoul to get him to unvote, and that there are scummier people to unvote. He then preceeds to unvote Oversoul and guess what? Not vote or question anybody.

I also am getting scum tells from Secret Project for attacking Oversoul for selfvoting. Those kind of players who don't look for scum need to be lynched. Right away.

Town: Vifam, KDCA, Foolish Fool, Empking, Bomber, David

Scum: Mastin, Oversoul, Johhog, Secret Project

One more update post coming up. Then I will be caught up fully and promptly put a vote up.

At least listen to me ONE TIME. Policy votes ain't scummy, because they're POLICY. Meaning I would vote him if I was town, I would vote him if I was scum. That's policy.
projectmatt wrote:
Johhog wrote:EVERYONE VOTE SECRET PROJECT.

BANDWAGON CHOO CHOO.

Bus. He's emphasizing on this wagon specifically because he wants credit for lynching his scumbuddy. This is a bus because he makes another two quick posts telling everyone to join the wagon in caps, then never mentions it again.

Johhog wrote:I have scumreads on RedFF and kcdaspot, null leaning scum on Bomberman and town on Mastin.

Hey, where did that scum read on Secret Project go? It didn't go away because Johh had not unvoted prior to this post. It means he was BUSSING.

Xeras wrote:
Vifam wrote:THE AURA OF THAT POST READS TOWN HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNG.

Lolzzzzzz.... no.

My case against Oversoul has already been briefly touched. One, self voting is retarded, no matter what the circumstances.

GODAMMIT GUYS. STOP LOOKING FOR VI TELLS AND START LOOKING FOR SCUM TELLS.

And I want Mastin's input because he is a player like everyone else (albeit very good) and he hasn't been posting for some time. Not because I intend to sheep him or anything if that is what you think.

Scum. In. Panic.

Also, the town is fucking retarded. That will be the only insult I lay this game, but I'm saying it to everyone because I'm pissed off that you spent the time discussing replacing out rather then actually looking for scum or noticing an obvious bus. Play the game.

-inhale-

I want to resurrect this game. I feel excited about my reads in this one. I feel excited about nailing the scum. I'm encouraging everyone to be active here because this game clearly lost it's momentum. I am building it back.

I am now caught up with the thread, and here are my finalized reads:

Town: Vifam, Xeras, KDCA, FoolishFool, Empking, Bomb, David

Scum: Johhhog, Mastin, Secret Project, Oversoul, RedFF, Fool_Hardy

Let's get the ball rolling.

It didn't go away because I didn't have a sure scumread on SP, I was just trying to bandwagon (which is painfully obvious for everyone except for you). :roll:

Also, I can't remember if I was the one who wrote the post about VI tells, but my argument is completely valid and your "scum in panic" stance is - well, idiotic. Why do you want to lynch the VI's instead of the scum, if I may ask?

Oh, almost forgot, you're having a scumread on the guy you replaced. Normally scummy, but tbh I think it further proves that you're a VI.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Johhog »

And yeah, that's the non-existent "case" which is just discrediting my behaviour and twisting my words. Why did you feel the need to do this Matt?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 am

Post by projectmatt »

Lolfail. It never crossed your mind that I wasn't trying to build a case on Vifam? :roll:

..You made a case. On Vifam. About why Vifam was scum. But you weren't trying to build a case?

Desperate? Even more fail. You wouldn't take the time to prove that an accusation was totally invalid if you had the chance to? And I insult EM players all that I want. Sorry if you take issue, but if you look at the forums the EM players is usually bad (yes I'm an EM player too so I believe I have some sort of right to complain about EM).

There's a difference between retorting an argument and sounding like you would do anything you ever could possibly do to prove that it was false. You were the latter example.

And well, that question to Vifam was a light joke, I decided the test was over. I could say the same about you Matt. You're tunneling, you're acting like you have a case on me when you have nothing and your whole behaviour is anti-town. Also, you "don't buy" the reaction test? What the fuck do you think I was doing then?

A joke? I thought you called it a reaction test? If you fill up several pages with meaningless banter and call it a "reaction test" I am not going to buy it, sorry.

Your a VI though and not scum, this is a typical failcase from town. Also, a protip: stop being an asshole.

I am an idiot because I think you are mafia and I have legitimate reasoning that you have failed to retort? OK.

At least listen to me ONE TIME. Policy votes ain't scummy, because they're POLICY. Meaning I would vote him if I was town, I would vote him if I was scum. That's policy.

Policy lynches are anti-town. Explain to me how it isn't playing against your win condition. It's lynching someone who you don't think\know is scum, it's lynching someone who you don't like. It's stupid.

Also, I can't remember if I was the one who wrote the post about VI tells, but my argument is completely valid and your "scum in panic" stance is - well, idiotic. Why do you want to lynch the VI's instead of the scum, if I may ask?

The self-explanation paired with the "IF THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, OR SOMETHING" sounded panicky. You also ignored the part about Secret Project. Haha.

Oh, almost forgot, you're having a scumread on the guy you replaced. Normally scummy, but tbh I think it further proves that you're a VI.

Go call me an idiot elsewhere. You know my case has legitimate value to it.

And yeah, that's the non-existent "case" which is just discrediting my behaviour and twisting my words. Why did you feel the need to do this Matt?

Explain to me how I've been twisting your words or discrediting you. I am laying out what you've said and posting why it is scummy.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Johhog »

Policy VOTES not policy LYNCHES.
OK, that's it. I won't even answer you anymore.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Vifam »

PM is bringing up decent points, actually.

VOTE: Johhog
ok
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Hoppster »

Johhog, what makes you think projectmatt is town?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Johhog »

Gut, mainly. To me his posts doesn't look fabricated, they're just fail - much like Vifam and possibly Xeras.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Vifam »

Johhog wrote:Gut, mainly. To me his posts doesn't look fabricated, they're just fail - much like Vifam and possibly Xeras.

You've deflected every argument against you with "Lol you're an idiot". Stop that.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Vifam »

I mean, I dropped my scumread on you because I was
considering
you were just an egotistical townie, but as it turns out, you're doing more deflection then putting up an actual defense.
ok
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Johhog »

Make a case then, Vifam or anyone else. Please give me something I can respond to.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Vifam »

There is already a viable case on you and I don't feel the need to repeat what PM said just so you can go "LOL SHUTUP VILLAGE IDIOTS EVERYWHERE OH MY GOD".

Just sit tight and get lynched.
ok
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Johhog »

I don't see any case.

And why do you not want me to defend myself?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Vifam »

Anyway, I've re-read, frankly I'm not okay with my play so far in this game since I've been missing a few suspects here and there But whatever, we can salvage this with a Joh lynch.

Johhog wrote:I don't see any case.

And why do you not want me to defend myself?

There is a case on you, and your "defense" so far has been nothing but petty insults, and it's probably going to continue that way, so why even bother?
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Vifam »

Xeras wrote:At this rate, it looks like either RedFF or I will be lynched. From what I can tell, we are both town.

Wait... We don't have enough active players to lynch. How many of us are active? 6, 7?

Xeras is TOWN. I want to stab myself for being on this wagon earlier when others way 10x more scummier. Scum wouldn't call their counterwagon town.

Oversoul wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:Far from it my friend. I'm taking notes here, I like to vary my play.. see what works. Consider this an experiment, if you will.

Hint. It isn't working.

And that is a shitty excuse for playing the way you are playing.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DavidX

Mastin, where is your charisma? Your swagger? Your confidence? I loved your play in Sexy Sedilla, but after the fail lynch you just seemed to take on a whole different air. Please listen to us that the self pity thing, while emotionally stressful, doesn't help us and brings down the mood of the whole game. I am the type of person who rides on other's emotions. If a game is going slow, I probably won't take interest in it and post less often. If a game is full of people who are geared up and ready to fight, chances are everyone is interested.

Do you still believe I am scum? Or that anyone on your early reads list is right?

Johhog wrote:And I want Mastin's input because he is a player like everyone else (albeit very good) and he hasn't been posting for some time. Not because I intend to sheep him or anything if that is what you think.

Johhog wrote:I want Mastin's input on this. Who is scummy? Who is town?

If Either Johhog or Oversoul flip scum, Mastin is also town.
ok

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”