vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Zang kill quilford faster.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Quilford »

The town is U.S. aligned, according to mallow. Since the papers are U.S. documents I think there would be a benefit in collecting them.

Unfortunately my paper questions weren't answered ("Are papers transferred to the killer on death? And what happens when someone gathers all the papers?")
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

sleepy krew wrote:SH, Cosca, and ML. Such a paragon of townieness that is.
What makes you so sure Quil has papers all of a sudden?

SK, if you can read the following post of quil's and honestly have any doubt that quil has papers, then you have me wondering about you all over again.
This post is why:
quilford wrote:I have an important US document. I know that if a player gets hold of all of them, something will happen. I can pass it on to another person at night if I want to.

- loosely paraphrased from role pm

Hey ML, why did you decide to reveal that CC had passed on your papers? I'd like to see the thought process behind this.

I revealed why, partially because of a mistake on my part, and partially because I didn't understand something occurred.
The mistake was that I didn't see your post about having a paper to begin with, I think I accidentally skipped that whole page actually. You mentioned papers before anyone else did.. and had I of seen that, it would have changed how I approached you. ISO #6:
medicated lain wrote:All proven. Now in the mean time, I am not completely caught up.. on page 28, but I need to say, SK is my #1 scum read, and Zang is my #1 town read. I don't know how much this counts for, but I think it would be a VERY good idea for Zang to kill SK. Though I have read and see this is mostly decided by the town... based on some information I have confirmed, I think it could be vitally important that SK die before night hits. In the end, since I don't want to say more on why, I understand if you don't listen, but I 100% guarantee it will be positive for town if SK dies before night falls.

is what I thought of the situation by the time I was up to page #28. Your general play seemed very scummy up to that point. I was assuming you were scum, and would move the papers to a scum partner, so I wanted the papers out of your hands. which is why I thought it was urgent that you die.
Note on above: I don't think you are verified town.. but I find it hard to believe that two scum members would have papers. For now, Quil has a guilty, so the chances that he is scum are much higher than you... especially after clarifying later things, that we did.

As for what I didn't understand: Also, You asked me to give you my papers when I first joined.. at that point I didn't know that you already had mine, I had to confirm some stuff with the mod. Reference can be seen in ISO #1 of mine. I mentioned above why ISO #6 happened. Then ISO #9:
medicated lain wrote:Ugh CC did not play how I would have. For what ever reasons, he passed his papers to SK in the night. To those who started with papers: it is not a nightly action that can be performed every night, items are simply items, once passed, they leave your hands, i confirmed this with the mod, and no longer have any papers. I believe this goes in hand with what someone said earlier... I did not take note of who said it, but whoever it was, could you verify that you said this: if someone with papers is killed, they probably transfer to the killing person.
I believed that SK was scum, and I did not want them to get out of sight. I fail to see who else in this game would be stupid enough to give SK papers. But since he has them, I felt it might be better for the town to know.

occurred because I realized you had asked me for my papers at the beginning of the day, despite the fact I learned that CC already gave them to you. I wanted confirmation as to what was happening, which you still never answered.. when you received my papers, did it tell you who they came from? Also at that point, I still hadn't seen your paper post. That didn't occur until much later, ISO #26:
medicated lain wrote:Firstly, I see now that I skimmed over some pages a little too fast. I looked back and see that SK was the first one to claim anything with papers at all. I do believe that it is possible that one scum member has papers, and I think we will gain better info if Quilford dies in the day today rather than tonight.
I was doing an ISO on you so I could show how scummy you were, and why you needed to die, when I noticed the post about the papers that I had missed.

Now, for those who question why scum would have papers:
If only town had papers, then what would stop them from organizing as soon as possible, (like we are trying now) to put all the papers in one place? Everyone with papers could just claim that, and decide a person to give them to. It makes sense that someone of a different alliance would have them, to prevent that from happening. This also makes me heavily believe that papers will be passed to the person that kills someone with them, because if both sides have papers, then like quil says himself, why would scum give them up? I believe likewise could be said about town... that they would only give papers to someone is confirmed town, so how else would any scum be able to obtain them?
It seems to me, that if we assume both that only town has papers to begin with, and that the papers are NOT passed with death, it states that only town can actually use the papers.
I do not believe is the case. This is another reason why I think it is best to kill quil in the day. There is no argument as to whether he is dying or not, but we get more value out of the information when he dies with a paper. Otherwise, if he is indeed scum with a paper, then we are risking him passing it to a partner, which as I said, I would rather lose the papers, than risk them getting to scum.

Next:
jasonT1981 wrote:
Medicated Lain wrote: SH`s mistake was not telling us sooner that he was lying, to get some attention on to MOI

NO. SH biggest mistake was lying about being a cop with a guilty on someone he suspected as scum. Do you realize how that could really screw town over?

I don't believe this is true. Lying about being a cop can be a great motive to get the game moving in a new direction. It has happened in many games that I have been in, and generally been at the very least a great assistance in getting a topic to happen. When I had read up to the page where SH had claimed MOI was scum, SK was already tossing around the idea of MOI for executioner for a second night, and from what I had read of MOI, I didn't think he was even close to town, much less confirmed... see my ISO #26 for reasoning. Yet meanwhile, the feel of the game up to that point, was that MOI was confirmed town... something had to be done to get a view on MOI... and if he were scum, and SH simply had made a post saying "I think MOI is scummy," then not only would he be risking getting killed if MOI had been elected a second night, but I don't think anyone in this town would have listened at all. That's why the cop claim seemed like a really good idea to me, personally.

And honestly, if he were scum, why would he have backed down from the cop claim? Staying with that claim would bring in a question of sanity, and he would have stood a chance, albeit small, of having Zang questioned as executioner, and in judgement. He backed down, simply to explain why he pushed on MOI at all, which seems so town driven I just can't imagine what the people who are actually town involved in this are really thinking. Give SH one more ISO, and tell me this doesn't make sense folk!

In the end, it certainly isn't worth an investigation on a townie to clear SH, I don't believe that's the answer. But rather, looking at the situation logically, and at least first testing data that involves a guilty cop result, we can better deduce if we are killing a townie or scum. Because if quil is indeed scum, do you really see him pushing SH's death this hard?
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:22 am

Post by Quilford »

Medicated Lain wrote:
Now, for those who question why scum would have papers:
If only town had papers, then what would stop them from organizing as soon as possible, (like we are trying now) to put all the papers in one place? Everyone with papers could just claim that, and decide a person to give them to. It makes sense that someone of a different alliance would have them, to prevent that from happening. This also makes me heavily believe that papers will be passed to the person that kills someone with them, because if both sides have papers, then like quil says himself, why would scum give them up? I believe likewise could be said about town... that they would only give papers to someone is confirmed town, so how else would any scum be able to obtain them?
It seems to me, that if we assume both that only town has papers to begin with, and that the papers are NOT passed with death, it states that only town can actually use the papers.
I do not believe is the case. This is another reason why I think it is best to kill quil in the day. There is no argument as to whether he is dying or not, but we get more value out of the information when he dies with a paper. Otherwise, if he is indeed scum with a paper, then we are risking him passing it to a partner, which as I said, I would rather lose the papers, than risk them getting to scum.

This is just setup WIFOM! It actually is! I am a townie and I will die with my papers when we could execute SH, scum without papers, during the day and have me executed at night where I can pass them on. And there is this small group of conspiracy theorists who are pushing the most remote possibilities - existence of a scum roleblocker, doctor, etc. in order to have me executed during the day. These people are scum who want to completely avert the possibility of town gathering all the papers.

There would be literally no point to the papers if scum could start of with them for two reasons.
1) Scum have probably already passed their papers onto their towniest members in the possibility that they are passed onto the Executioner. This essentially means that town will never get hold of these papers until the game has already finished!
2) And if scum haven't done this already (which I
strongly
doubt considering there's already been a night), then if the papers aren't passed onto the Executioner they die with the papers, meaning essentially that it is BAD TO KILL SCUM. That defeats the purpose.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Not trying to be a rebel here but I’ve lost all interest in this game. Seriously the back and forth between groups is getting old.

Zang needs to end this day sooner rather than later.

Flips from Scumhunter and Quilford will go a long way to helping cases and reads be solidified.

--

I’m not going to bother to address this ‘Wall’ from Cosca until tomorrow if at all. Zang’s Night action should render the need moot.

Cosca wrote: As opposed to your lies and flimsy "cases", we actually have arguments based on facts. I understand why a scum player such as you doesn't want to read that.

Rhetoric rhetoric rhetoric. You are a pretty broken record here Cosca. Don’t argue facts – throw down unsupported statements like they are going out of style. Good work.

Cosca wrote:
To us
, that reads as follows:
Scumhunter - Town, Town, Neutral, Town/VI, Town, Scum
Quilford - Neutral, Scum, Scum/VI, Scum, Neutral

If you're listening to anti-town players, you are furthering the anti-town agenda, no matter what your intentions are.

I’ve bolded the important part.

Cosca is giving his personal reads and then banging on Zang for listening to people he has a scum-read on. Yet he speaks from the perspective that he is absolutely right when as Town he shouldn't be sure he's right.

Cosca wrote:MoI claimed we got the idea of a traitor because we're scum and we showed we got it from the last game and a post by implosion about the last game. We named the traitor as a possible scum-aligned role which is not connected to other scum players.

I’m claiming you’ve pushed the discussion in directions that indicate you are inadvertently showing inside knowledge about the make-up of the scum team / teams (having a number less than the usual 3). You claim it was from the previous game. Yet this game is completely independent from that one regardless of whether it is a sequal. I don’t buy your argument and think it is scummy. Continue to flail by calling it invented when I presented you with a direct example of exactly how it happens.

--

Lain wrote:Also, people fake claim sometimes, and it is not scummy. SH`s mistake was not telling us sooner that he was lying, to get some attention on to MOI. But don`t try to pretend that MOI has convinced this game he is town anymore, the biggest voice for MOI is SK, and the majority have also declared and agreed that he is an idiot. Meanwhile, SH, Cosca, and myself all have suspicions about MOI, how can you consider this nearly confirmed?

I love this.

1. It’s not scummy to out the actual Cop? That’s textbook scum play for scum going down in flames. You can type up nice long paragraphs about your perception of Town motivations for Scumhunter’s actions. There exists a strong scum motivation for his actions also that you continue to ignore – to out the real Cop and to discredit a difficult execution target.
2. You Cosca and Scumhunter represent the overriding view of the game? Really? Nice that you ignore Zang and Vezok in this slanted little statement.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:38 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok, I will say one thing about Cosca's case.

Look at all the 'scummy content' from Day 1 they are claiming is obvious evidence I am scum.

Why didn't Iceguy bring up one bit of it Day 1 when it was happening? Why didn't replace in Junpei mention it at the start of the day?

The answer
- because they've been resorted to manufacturing all this 'scummy' play to support their rather ludicrous stance that Scumhunter and I are a pair of gambitting scum together.

Seriously ... read it and look at it from the perspective of someone who claims I was a Town read to most everyone Day 1. If so why did NO-ONE mention all that obv-scummy play?

Because it isn't scummy. It's all basically being shoe-horned into meet a end result (I am scum with Jason and Scumhunter). Note also that this read from Cosca only appeared after I pushed Scumhunter as scum and called Cosca out for his scummy play at the start of the Day.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

ML, how do those Quil posts confirm he has papers? I'm pretty sure CC said something very similar.
Setup WIFOM is always good :roll:
To be clear: quack
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Zang »

Sorry, I lost power. I'll be able to post more tommorow.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

JUST EXECUTE SH
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

The town grows restless...they've had enough...

suddenly a torch is lit and someone charges at Zang. Chaos has broken out. Players are crushing each other's lungs. An arrow flies at Zang's heart.

Zang, the
Cop
, was killed day 2

The deadline for voting for night executioner/actions is Wednesday August 31st at 8PM EST

The deadline for the kill is Friday September 2nd at 8PM EST
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

The town wakes up to a dreadful site...

Medicated Lain has been slain...

Medicated Lain, the
Town Leader
, has been killed Night 2.

The Town Leader had a double day and night vote.

MOI will be v/la till tuesday

It is now Day 3. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to elect an executioner. Good Luck!

Deadline will be September 21st at 8PM EST
Last edited by mallowgeno on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Quilford »

Okay. Scum got hold of the nightkill, apparently. I voted for implosion. Claim who you voted for in your next post, obviously.

Vezokpiraka:

MagnaofIllusion:

jasonT1981:

Quilford:
implosion
Scumhunter:

SleepyKrew:

Cosca:

implosion:

Tragedy:

I also completed a reread of the thread; here's an updated reads list with cases for my scumreads coming soon.

Town:

implosion
Scumhunter

Leaning Town:

SleepyKrew
Cosca

Leaning Scum:

MagnaofIllusion

Scum:

Vezokpiraka
jasonT1981
Tragedy
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Quilford »

Mod, where in your rules does it say the executioner is killed when we get to deadline?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Tragedy »

^('.'v) Implosion.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Quilford »

So Tragedy, who's scum?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

It says no such thing in the rules
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Deadline was not reached, even though the flavor made it appear so. Apparently someone had a Daykill.
I voted implosion.

Why is SH town?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Quilford »

meta - both on his previous slot and on him now

plus I think I've been unfairly suspecting him more since he started suspecting me
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I voted MoI.

Also quilford you eat rope today. Confirmed cop with guilty on you means you are guilty.

You die today.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Cosca
Cosca
Townie
Cosca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Cosca »

We voted implosion.
This is the hydra account of Junpei and IceGuy.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by Quilford »

Hey vezok can you show me where you provided content at any point during the game?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by Quilford »

Vezokpiraka:
MoI
MagnaofIllusion:

jasonT1981:

Quilford:
implosion
Scumhunter:

SleepyKrew:
implosion
Cosca:
implosion
implosion:

Tragedy:
implosion
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by Quilford »

vezok's done nothing all game except call for my lynch and discuss theory - occasionally there'll be a reads list posted with no thought processes behind it described
his day two posts are a perfect model

jason's been scum since forever

Tragedy's reads are weak and she's lurking

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”