Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Xeras »

Well apparently they did.

Anyway, after you lynch IAIscum this will be the first time you survive to the end, right?
Also, the reason that you cannot find evidence of him being Cav's partner is distancing.
Think about VIII, Sj and I were on the same mafia team, but you did not think think we were together at all.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Xeras wrote:Well apparently they did.

Anyway, after you lynch IAIscum this will be the first time you survive to the end, right?
Also, the reason that you cannot find evidence of him being Cav's partner is distancing.
Think about VIII, Sj and I were on the same mafia team, but you did not think think we were together at all.

Thing is, this is one hell of a distancing. And the way how IAI pointed out the claim mistake quite fast, when EVEN the IC missed it, also plays in his favor. He could easily wait more than that and observe. Think about it. If EVEN the IC missed it, wasn't it worth waiting and to see whatever ALL players will miss too? I think it was.

You're asking me to choose between IAI, who is supposedly a good scum player, as we can't find anything connecting him to Cav due to distancing, and Dicknose about who I found various possible scumtells. There's simply more evidence against Dicknose here.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Xeras »

DarkClaymore wrote:

Thing is, this is one hell of a distancing. And the way how IAI pointed out the claim mistake quite fast, when EVEN the IC missed it, also plays in his favor. He could easily wait more than that and observe. Think about it. If EVEN the IC missed it, wasn't it worth waiting and to see whatever ALL players will miss too? I think it was.

You're asking me to choose between IAI, who is supposedly a
good scum player
, as we can't find anything connecting him to Cav due to distancing, and Dicknose about who I found various possible scumtells. There's simply more evidence against Dicknose here.

If I was able to live past day one as mafia, I would have pointed out such an obvious mistake as well. I noticed that mistake before anyone posted about it.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:05 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Xeras wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:

You're asking me to choose between IAI, who is supposedly a
good scum player
, as we can't find anything connecting him to Cav due to distancing, and Dicknose about who I found various possible scumtells. There's simply more evidence against Dicknose here.

If I was able to live past day one as mafia, I would have pointed out such an obvious mistake as well. I noticed that mistake before anyone posted about it.

Yeah, sure. Me too.
But at the very least it surely wasn't planned as he couldn't foresee no one will point it out before him. Even the IC replied before him and everyone would expect the IC to point out such thing.

There are various connections between Cav and IAI, but they seem like coincidences or real protown scumhunting. Let's say D1. Cav voted IAI during RVS. Distancing? No. Why? Because Cav said whoever posts below will get the vote. IAI posted quite some time after Cav, making it impossible as a plan. There was no guarantee no one will post before IAI, and actually BB posted about 4 min after him. Were BB to post 5 minutes earlier - that vote would have gone to him, thus making the argument null.

I went over his iso over and over. The only thing I could point against him are his repeated defenses against Abel. He tried to make Abel, who attacked him, look bad in the process. But question is whatever only scum will do that? I'm pretty sure I'd do the same as town as long as I suspect the attacker.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Xeras »

What you are saying about attacking Abel is true. He was playing so protown, it made him look scummy. (Which makes sense for him to be a mafia target, now that I think about it.)

If I played a game similar to IAI, would you assume that I am innocent, or that I am scum.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Xeras wrote:What you are saying about attacking Abel is true. He was playing so protown, it made him look scummy. (Which makes sense for him to be a mafia target, now that I think about it.)

Abel was still a better target N2 if we speak about "protown", and during N3 the target was decided for the mafia.

Xeras wrote:If I played a game similar to IAI, would you assume that I am innocent, or that I am scum.

That depends on the other players, not to mention how YOUR case is rather different as you play in a different way.

I managed to clear Whilst.
I fail to do the same about IAI and Dicknose.
In IAI's case I find quite some stuff in his favor, whereas I find lots of stuff against Dicknose.
If I were able to clear Dicknose or make him "null", IAI would be my possible target for being the "null scum" type. Problem is - I don't find anything which clears Dicknose. I can only find stuff against him.

Show me what clears Dicknose or what makes IAI scum and then I'll gladly change my mind.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Xeras »

I would rather play Disgaea 4, so that is why I am trying to hard right. :p
Tch. I figured I would come up with something by viewing dicknose's voting history, but that is bordering on making me think he is scum... but I know he isn't. xD
It is worth noting that IAI had the third slot in BB's lynch though.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:40 am

Post by whilst »

DC, your feelings on my arguments against IAI are similar to the ones I have on your arguments against Xeras. I'll try to find more reasons. Just real quick, I'll go back to this one you brought up earlier. Actually this has been posted about a billion times now:

DarkClaymore wrote:D1 L-1 wagons:

Honest Abel (4):
I Am Innocent
Dark Claymore
BBmolla
cavjj

BBmolla (5):
Scumhunter
Honest Abel
I Am Innocent
Dark Claymore
cavjj

Does this help convince you to any effect? For both wagons, the safe "defense" is
"it was D1, and we were at RVS"
. But we're not at D1 anymore. We know cavjj was scum, and we know what his true intentions were. I think the same can be said for IAI.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 am

Post by singersigner »

Vote Count 4.3

DarkClaymore (0):
whilst (0):
Xeras (1): DarkClaymore
I Am Innocent (2): Xeras, whilst
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1): I Am Innocent

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Mod Notes:
Deadline for Day Four is September 18th, 5PM PST.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Xeras wrote:I would rather play Disgaea 4, so that is why I am trying to hard right. :p
Tch. I figured I would come up with something by viewing dicknose's voting history, but that is bordering on making me think he is scum... but I know he isn't. xD
It is worth noting that IAI had the third slot in BB's lynch though.

Then do us a favor: Admit you're scum and hammer yourself :mrgreen:

whilst wrote:DC, your feelings on my arguments against IAI are similar to the ones I have on your arguments against Xeras. I'll try to find more reasons. Just real quick, I'll go back to this one you brought up earlier. Actually this has been posted about a billion times now:

DarkClaymore wrote:D1 L-1 wagons:

Honest Abel (4):
I Am Innocent
Dark Claymore
BBmolla
cavjj

BBmolla (5):
Scumhunter
Honest Abel
I Am Innocent
Dark Claymore
cavjj

Does this help convince you to any effect? For both wagons, the safe "defense" is
"it was D1, and we were at RVS"
. But we're not at D1 anymore. We know cavjj was scum, and we know what his true intentions were. I think the same can be said for IAI.

Distancing. It can't be seen here. And that what makes it weird. Either they never had the chance to talk during N0 or Cav didn't listen to IAI and acted like a blockhead. Both sound unlikely.
If you're already at that, don't miss how shortly before the day ended - Dicknose voted Cav without giving any reason. And he never gave a reason latter. He never even mentioned finding Cav scummy on D1 during D2. All he ever accused Cav of was his hammer, which happened
after
this vote. This I'd call distancing.

Let me ask you the other way around. What made you think Dicknose is town?
I'm much more of a townhunter than scumhunter. If you can convince me somehow there are good reasons to believe Dicknose is town then that's that.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Guys, just read through and would like to make some comments, but I am heading out on the road with the family to my parent's house for the weekend (5+ hr drive). So most likely will be posting tomorrow morning from my parent's computer.

PS - Couple of thoughts to chew on:

Xeras is avoiding my question....either scum decided to not NK N2 (very unlikely right?) or they targeted Honest Abel. I keep trying to figure out why Honest Abel though and the only thing I can come it with is that he was one of the two main players (along with NS) pushing a dicknose wagon after the cavjj flop.

if I am scum that means dicknose is not scum, why not push his wagon D2 after the cavjj flop instead of my supposed teammate?

whilst, you were an easy target D2, yet I never took advantage of your wagon. nor DC who was another easy target. If I am scum, why not utilize these easy wagons vs just voting my supposed teammate?

And pushing hard against a very talkative player like HA D2 instead? Why would scum draw such attention like that?

again, why would I jump on the flop when the IC missed it and the other SE dead? why not wait until a doc or cop counterclaimed?

DC is right. One of you guys are wrong and I strongly suspect it is whilst since he could have easily sided with me and DC and won this game as scum by voting out town Xeras. So it has got to be scum Xeras and we are one townie away from winning this!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:09 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

BTW, there's Abel's case on IAI. Perhaps it can help you.

There are some good points out there with which I agree. Especially the first part about the defense which felt like an attempt to frame Abel who attacked him.

There's also the meta which makes IAI look bad while Dicknose look good. IAI said he likes being town and forces players to take stances and such - haven't seen him doing this to actively this game. Dicknose said he love PRs. Now, Dicknose switched out quite quickly. Do you think he'd so easily give up on this game if he were a PR? I think not.

It still didn't convince me more than arguments against Dicknose. Not to mention how some point latter Abel, who wrote all these points, called IAI a 99% townie.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Xeras »

I Am Innocent wrote:Guys, just read through and would like to make some comments, but I am heading out on the road with the family to my parent's house for the weekend (5+ hr drive). So most likely will be posting tomorrow morning from my parent's computer.

PS - Couple of thoughts to chew on:

Xeras is avoiding my question....either scum decided to not NK N2 (very unlikely right?) or they targeted Honest Abel. I keep trying to figure out why Honest Abel though and the only thing I can come it with is that he was one of the two main players (along with NS) pushing a dicknose wagon after the cavjj flop.

if I am scum that means dicknose is not scum, why not push his wagon D2 after the cavjj flop instead of my supposed teammate?

whilst, you were an easy target D2, yet I never took advantage of your wagon. nor DC who was another easy target. If I am scum, why not utilize these easy wagons vs just voting my supposed teammate?

And pushing hard against a very talkative player like HA D2 instead? Why would scum draw such attention like that?

again, why would I jump on the flop when the IC missed it and the other SE dead? why not wait until a doc or cop counterclaimed?

DC is right. One of you guys are wrong and I strongly suspect it is whilst since he could have easily sided with me and DC and won this game as scum by voting out town Xeras. So it has got to be scum Xeras and we are one townie away from winning this!

Since I don't find it noteworthy on what scum would do on a night I wasn't even in the game, I must be scum right? Derp no.
And I think you missed the part where I tunneled Abel in day 3 into the point of frustration. You right, if i was scum I wouldn't have pushed that hard.
And waiting for a cop or doctor would be a good scum strategy, but in the same vein, pointing it out would give you the chance to attack for massive points.
I must say, even if I do get lynched, you have played a great scum game IAI, and should deserve a win, anyways.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:53 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Xeras wrote:
I must say, even if I do get lynched, you have played a great scum game IAI, and should deserve a win, anyways.

That's pretty much what I said. Trying to gain my favor? :roll:
Well, anyway...

VOTE: I Am Innocent
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Xeras »

DarkClaymore wrote:

Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:06 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Couldn't you find a better pic?
And I'd ask you if town won or lost but you'll definitely say lost no matter what is the truth.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Xeras »

I am a Vanilla Townie.

The question becomes, is whilst scum? or Possibly could NS targeted someone other that you on night 3?
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Chances Whilst scum are nearly zero IMO. Unless he pulled of that "I thought only PRs affect how long is the night and didn't know I was supposed to send a PM. Sorry." as scum in which case wow. He deserves a medal. But I think he didn't. I stayed quiet on purpose back then and it believe I paid off. I don't think scum could have said that without being in the the shoes of a VT like me. Just sounds... impossible... inhuman even...

And why would NS lie? So that town loses? Nah.
I hope you aren't trolling me and town really won :shifty:

BTW, I saw that post of yours as an attempt to lure me. But I was exactly rereading some stuff and decided to change my approach a little. So I think the only thing that post did was make me vote now rather than after a hour or so. I hope I was right about that though. If not then OMG, I suck :igmeou:
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:19 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Fix:

I stayed quiet on purpose back then and I believe it paid off
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by singersigner »

Vote Count 4.4

DarkClaymore (0):
whilst (0):
Xeras (0):

I Am Innocent (3): Xeras, whilst, DarkClaymore

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (1): I Am Innocent

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Mod Notes:
That's a lynch! Flip and flavor forthcoming.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by singersigner »

With the last of the town remaining, suspects became few and far between. Only one person seemed to know what to do, but could they trust him? Based on knowledge of their fallen comrade, they had to follow him, and this, this was the last chance they had.

Finally. The town came to a consensus. It was obvious who it had to be.

And with that, the decision was made. They quickly tied him up with rope and hoped for the best.

I Am Innocent,
Mafia Role Cop
lynched Day Four.

Congratulations on a Town Win!
Last edited by singersigner on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by singersigner »

And that's game everyone! Mafia QT may be posted if they wish. I'll have my own thoughts on the game up with the course of night actions, etc.

Feedback on my modding is always welcome!

I like tomatoes.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by whilst »

Xeras wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:

hahahah you're such a dick. I was reading the posts one by one, and when I saw this my heart jumped. "Fuck, Xeras was mafia?!"

but then he wasn't!

gg. Awards?

MVP: Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Well done, fellas. Have to say, you made it look easy with that D4. I would have been gunning for IAI, too.

singer, you were great. You were around frequently and answered questions satisfactorily. My one recommendation would be to preview or reread your posts before posting because there were a handful of times you got the vote counts wrong. It didn't interfere with the game, though.

Xeras, I was getting frustrated at you for acting so scummy at the end of D3 and start of D4, but you turned it around and seemed very protown leading up to the end. I figured you were acting scummy on purpose, which I see as a detriment to the town, but I think some of the reactions you got from IAI were damning enough to lynch him, so good job. Like I said earlier in the game, he kept going after the easy targets, and you drove that point home in D4.

whilst, you also did a brilliant job at deciding to go for IAI instead of Xeras. DC, it seemed like you hammered IAI without too much thought behind it, which is risky. But what the heck, you did the right thing. Nice job guys.

IAI, you used the situations you were given well. You always put a spin on things as if they were too improbable to be true. It's a good way to mislead, but I think you ended up doing it too often to the point where it seemed like your only defense, especially D4. Asking over and over, "Would I really do that if I were scum?" Anyway, you kept us guessing until the end, so well done.

cavjj, you really confused the shit out of people with your fakeclaim and your bussing of IAI was brilliant. You attacked him exactly in the same manner you attacked your other targets. To be quite honest, when I turned around and started the bandwagon that led to your lynch, I didn't think it was necessarily a sure thing (townies might express confidence about their opinions not changing due to a claim, I think) but it turned out that taking a stab at pressuring you worked out in our favor. Otherwise, you were pretty great. Just perhaps stay away from hammering so much (try to start wagons or join them earlier) and, I don't know, maybe make a more reasonable claim next time.

NS, you didn't ruin the game by investigating someone other than who you said you would. That's the only good thing I can say about you. I'll be avoiding you like the plague from now on.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Honest Abel »

Not investigating, jailing.